Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? (865 Views)

It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / To The Fools Who Say The Bible God Kills More People Than Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
Daily Book Reading: Truth For The Truth Seekers P. 43 – 48 By Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

https://knowislam.com.ng/daily-book-reading-truth-for.../

IS THE BIBLE GOD'S WORD
As a Christian, I held the bible in high regard believing it to be the perfect word of God. Little did I know that the bible consists of contradictions, errors, discrepancies, anachronisms and absurdities. May Allah[SWT] grant Sheikh Maulana M. Rahmatullah Kairanvi and Sheikh Ahmed Deedat the highest ranks in Jannah.

Christian scholars, evangelists, and missionaries do claim the Bible is the word of God. This is perhaps the greatest lie told in history and blasphemy at its climax. The plight of Christians worldwide is pitiable because not only do most of them believe that the bible is the word of God without a careful study of the bible but those who even studied the bible try to invent lies to defend what is not defendable.
The Bible says in 1corinthians14:33, "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace...".If God does not author confusion, we should not expect His book to be full of contradictions. Let us have a look at contradictions in the bible.

CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE
CONTRADICTION 1
2 Samuel 24:9 versus 1 Chronicles 21:5
2Samuel 24:9 says: and Joab gave up the number of the people unto the king and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.
While 1Chronicles 21:5 says: and Joab gave the sum of the people unto David and all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred and three score and ten thousand men that drew sword.

In these two verses, we have a difference of three hundred thousand in the number of the Israelites while the difference in the number of the people of Judah is thirty thousand. The discrepancy in these verses amounts to a great contradiction in the number of the people yet Christians want us to believe God revealed these two verses that contradict each other

CONTRADICTION 2
2Kings 8:26 versus 2Chronicles 22:2
In 2Kings 8:26, Ahaziah was reported to have started to reign when he was age 22 and he reigned one year in Jerusalem
In contrast to 2kings 8:26, 2chronicles 22:2 says that Ahaziah began to reign when he was age 42.

The contradiction is so glaring, no doubt. 2chronicles 22:2 is obviously wrong because Jehoram, Ahazia's father died at age 40 and Ahaziah started to reign immediately after his father's death. If 2chronicles22:2 is not wrong, then the Ahaziah is two years older than Jehoram [his father] which is absurd. However, modern bible versions like the New International Version, have corrected this error.

CONTRADICTION 3
2Samuel 24:13 versus 1Chronicles 21:12
2samuel 24:13 says: "so Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land?
While the same incident was reported in 1Chronicles 21:12: "either three years famine or ....."

The contradiction here is quite obvious due to the fact that the former statement mentions 7years while the latter statement says three years, each statement reporting the same event.

CONTRADICTION 4
2Kings 24:8 versus 2Chronicles 36:9
In 2Kings 8:28, Jehoiachin was reported to have begun to reign when he was eighteen years of age whereas, in 2Chronicle 36:9 Jehoiachin began to reign when he was eight years old.

We have a contradiction that is axiomatic here that does not need the help of holy spirit to understand.

CONTRADICTION 5
2Samuel 23:8 versus 1Chronicle 11:11
2Samuel 23:8 says:
"These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: the Tachomite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time
1Chronicle 11: 11 says:
"And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had ; Hashobeam, and Hachomite, the chief of the captains; he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.

Here we have a serious and clear contradictions that is enough to disregard the bible as being the word of God. Christians need to start reasoning!

CONTRADICTION 6
Exodus 9:6 versus Exodus 9:20-21
The author of Exodus recorded in verse 6 of exodus chapter 9 that;
"And the Lord did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died: but of the cattle of the children of Israel died not one".
Now the same author recorded in verses 19-20 of this same chapter that:
"He that feared the word of the lord among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and cattle flee into the house"
"He that feared not the word of the Lord left his servants and cattle in the field.

This discrepancy needs no further comment. Christians may try to argue that the servants of Pharaoh mentioned in verses 19 and 20 were Israelites, not Egyptians. This argument is weak because the Israelites were slaves in Egypt then and they could not have had their own cattle not to talk of servants. The verses mentioned that these servants had servants and cattle.

Buy "Truth For The Truth Seekers" Book on Amazon
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2022
Satan's seed, you have asked this before and we answered you, so this must mean that God is Coming and you evils are getting desperate!

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by Steep: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2022
After abandoning the former threads he opened another one that would be bursted.

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by BeardedMeat(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Advocatejare has thrashed him severally on this. He keeps coming back. grin
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by advocatejare(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
Daily Book Reading: Truth For The Truth Seekers P. 43 – 48 By Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

https://knowislam.com.ng/daily-book-reading-truth-for.../

IS THE BIBLE GOD'S WORD
As a Christian, I held the bible in high regard believing it to be the perfect word of God. Little did I know that the bible consists of contradictions, errors, discrepancies, anachronisms and absurdities. May Allah[SWT] grant Sheikh Maulana M. Rahmatullah Kairanvi and Sheikh Ahmed Deedat the highest ranks in Jannah.

Christian scholars, evangelists, and missionaries do claim the Bible is the word of God. This is perhaps the greatest lie told in history and blasphemy at its climax. The plight of Christians worldwide is pitiable because not only do most of them believe that the bible is the word of God without a careful study of the bible but those who even studied the bible try to invent lies to defend what is not defendable.
The Bible says in 1corinthians14:33, "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace...".If God does not author confusion, we should not expect His book to be full of contradictions. Let us have a look at contradictions in the bible.

CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE
CONTRADICTION 1
2 Samuel 24:9 versus 1 Chronicles 21:5
2Samuel 24:9 says: and Joab gave up the number of the people unto the king and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.
While 1Chronicles 21:5 says: and Joab gave the sum of the people unto David and all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred and three score and ten thousand men that drew sword.

In these two verses, we have a difference of three hundred thousand in the number of the Israelites while the difference in the number of the people of Judah is thirty thousand. The discrepancy in these verses amounts to a great contradiction in the number of the people yet Christians want us to believe God revealed these two verses that contradict each other

CONTRADICTION 2
2Kings 8:26 versus 2Chronicles 22:2
In 2Kings 8:26, Ahaziah was reported to have started to reign when he was age 22 and he reigned one year in Jerusalem
In contrast to 2kings 8:26, 2chronicles 22:2 says that Ahaziah began to reign when he was age 42.

The contradiction is so glaring, no doubt. 2chronicles 22:2 is obviously wrong because Jehoram, Ahazia's father died at age 40 and Ahaziah started to reign immediately after his father's death. If 2chronicles22:2 is not wrong, then the Ahaziah is two years older than Jehoram [his father] which is absurd. However, modern bible versions like the New International Version, have corrected this error.

CONTRADICTION 3
2Samuel 24:13 versus 1Chronicles 21:12
2samuel 24:13 says: "so Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land?
While the same incident was reported in 1Chronicles 21:12: "either three years famine or ....."

The contradiction here is quite obvious due to the fact that the former statement mentions 7years while the latter statement says three years, each statement reporting the same event.

CONTRADICTION 4
2Kings 24:8 versus 2Chronicles 36:9
In 2Kings 8:28, Jehoiachin was reported to have begun to reign when he was eighteen years of age whereas, in 2Chronicle 36:9 Jehoiachin began to reign when he was eight years old.

We have a contradiction that is axiomatic here that does not need the help of holy spirit to understand.

CONTRADICTION 5
2Samuel 23:8 versus 1Chronicle 11:11
2Samuel 23:8 says:
"These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: the Tachomite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time
1Chronicle 11: 11 says:
"And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had ; Hashobeam, and Hachomite, the chief of the captains; he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.

Here we have a serious and clear contradictions that is enough to disregard the bible as being the word of God. Christians need to start reasoning!

CONTRADICTION 6
Exodus 9:6 versus Exodus 9:20-21
The author of Exodus recorded in verse 6 of exodus chapter 9 that;
"And the Lord did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died: but of the cattle of the children of Israel died not one".
Now the same author recorded in verses 19-20 of this same chapter that:
"He that feared the word of the lord among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and cattle flee into the house"
"He that feared not the word of the Lord left his servants and cattle in the field.

This discrepancy needs no further comment. Christians may try to argue that the servants of Pharaoh mentioned in verses 19 and 20 were Israelites, not Egyptians. This argument is weak because the Israelites were slaves in Egypt then and they could not have had their own cattle not to talk of servants. The verses mentioned that these servants had servants and cattle.

Buy "Truth For The Truth Seekers" Book on Amazon
Let’s examine the contradictions in the Quran that you all claim to be the words of your Allah.

Allah challenged us to look for contradictions in the Quran, that if the Quran were to be from other than Allah, there will be many contradictions in it

“Do they not ponder over the Qur’an? Had it been from other than Allah, surely they would have found many contradictions in it.
-Quran 4:82

Challenge accepted, this has shown that the Quran is not from Allah!

Did Noah's son survive the great flood?

Yes:
(Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.
Quran 21:76

Yes
And We made his offspring the survivors.
Quran 37:77

No:
The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood.
Quran 11:43

Is Allah the only protector?

Yes:
"Ye have not, beside Him, a protecting friend or mediator. Will ye not then remember?"
Quran 32:4

No:
"Your guardian can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poordue, and bow down (in prayer)."
Quran 5:55

Does Allah speak directly with people?

No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,
Quran 42:51

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"
Quran 4:164

How long is Allah's day?

One thousand years:
"Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning."
Quran 22:47

Fifty thousand years:
"The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years:"
Quran 70:4

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:
After abandoning the former threads he opened another one that would be bursted.

A mad man
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
advocatejare:

Let’s examine the contradictions in the Quran that you all claim to be the words of your Allah

Mtchew!

This isn't your thread!

If you can't address the contradictions do vamoose!
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2022
All you need is a study with Jehovah's Witnesses, that's what i did back then before i became a believer in the Bible.
As long as you're not ready to study the Bible with JWs you will not be able to defend any book adequately not even the Qu'ran! smiley
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by advocatejare(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

Mtchew!

This isn't your thread!

If you can't address the contradictions do vamoose!

No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"

How long is Allah's day?

One thousand years:
"Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning."

Fifty thousand years:
"The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years:"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

A mad man

Even your Jesus was called mad by his family in the Bible!

So mad is relative!
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by advocatejare(m): 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
BeardedMeat:
advocate jarehas thrashed him severally on this. He keeps coming back. grin
Thank you for mentioning me, I’ve started exposing antichristian and his folly

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by BeardedMeat(m): 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
advocatejare:

Thank you for mentioning me, I’ve started exposing antichristian and his folly
Weldone sir.

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Satan's seed, you have asked this before and we answered you, so this must mean that God is Coming and you evils are getting desperate!

Holy devilish liar! Show me where I posted exactly this?

You are the Devil's incarnate!
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

So mad is relative!

In your case, our report is True and everyone can see that whilst it was not True when those evil people like you said it
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:

I will even post another tomorrow and the next if I'm chanced!

A previous thread doesn't depend on the next!

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

In your case, our report is True and everyone can see that whilst it was not True when those evil people like you said it

Abeg! Devilish liar! If you have nothing related to the OP, do vamoose!
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
advocatejare:

No:

Yes, to Moses:

How long is Allah's day?

One thousand years:

Fifty thousand years:

I think neglecting you as that proverb verse is now good!
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

Holy devilish liar! Show me where I posted exactly this?

You are the Devil's incarnate!

Liars and their memory losses.

See how many times you have raised contradictions in the Bible, without going into your comments Satan's seed.

https://www.nairaland.com/5663469/resurrection-contradictions

https://www.nairaland.com/6039906/jesus-contradictions-resurrection-ascension

https://www.nairaland.com/6039858/contradictions-gospel-accounts-jesus-tomb
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Liars and their memory losses.

See how many times you have raised contradictions in the Bible, without going into your comments Satan's seed.

https://www.nairaland.com/5663469/resurrection-contradictions

https://www.nairaland.com/6039906/jesus-contradictions-resurrection-ascension

https://www.nairaland.com/6039858/contradictions-gospel-accounts-jesus-tomb

Show me the one like this same one here you addressed?
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by advocatejare(m): 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

I think neglecting you as that proverb verse is now good!

Do you have a choice before? Is it not when you have something meaningful to write that you won’t ignore me?

Since you can’t refute my claims or bring up a superior arguments or evidence, you can only ignore me like you and your fellow ignorant Muslims have been doing.

Emi ni baba nla baba iyalayayin grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by advocatejare(m): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

So mad is relative!
Jesus didn’t manifest any evidence of madness like muhammad did and even the Quran attests to it:

And they say, "O you upon whom the message has been sent down, indeed you are mad .
-Quran 15:6

Then they turned away from him and said, “[He Muhammad was] taught and he is a madman.”
Quran 44:14

And as expected, muhammad exhibited madness by thinking that he did what he didn’t do

Sahih al-Bukhari 3175
Narrated Aisha:
Once the Prophet (ﷺ) was bewitched so that he began to imagine that he had done a thing which in fact he had not done.

Sahih al-Bukhari 6063
Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet (ﷺ) continued for such-and-such period imagining that he has slept (had sexual relations) with his wives, and in fact he did not. One day he said, to me, "O `Aisha! Allah has instructed me regarding a matter about which I had asked Him. There came to me two men, one of them sat near…

He even snorted like a camel:

"...Would that I see revelation coming to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: Would it please you to see the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) receiving the revelations 'Umar lifted a corner of the cloth and I looked at him and he was emitting a sound of snorting. He (the narrator) said: I thought it was the sound of a camel..."
-Sahih Muslim Book 7, Hadith 2654

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2022
advocatejare:

Jesus didn’t manifest any evidence of madness like muhammad did and even the Quran attests to it:

And they say, "O you upon whom the message has been sent down, indeed you are mad .

Then they turned away from him and said, “[He Muhammad was] taught and he is a madman.”

And as expected, muhammad exhibited madness by thinking that he did what he didn’t do

Sahih al-Bukhari 3175
Narrated Aisha:
Once the Prophet (ﷺ) was bewitched so that he began to imagine that he had done a thing which in fact he had not done.

Sahih al-Bukhari 6063
Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet (ﷺ) continued for such-and-such period imagining that he has slept (had sexual relations) with his wives, and in fact he did not. One day he said, to me, "O `Aisha! Allah has instructed me regarding a matter about which I had asked Him. There came to me two men, one of them sat near…

"...Would that I see revelation coming to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: Would it please you to see the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) receiving the revelations 'Umar lifted a corner of the cloth and I looked at him and he was emitting a sound of snorting. He (the narrator) said: I thought it was the sound of a camel..."

AntiChristian so babalakun weyrey ni anobi yin chaiii shocked
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 6:25am On Nov 22, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

AntiChristian so babalakun weyrey ni anobi yin chaiii shocked

Your biblical Jesus was called same by his family!
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 6:26am On Nov 22, 2022
advocatejare:

Sahih al-Bukhari 3175
Narrated Aisha:

Sahih al-Bukhari 6063
Narrated `Aisha:

Thread diversion 101
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by advocatejare(m): 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
AntiChristian:

Thread diversion 101
It’s not diversion, it’s comparisons.

I was just exposing your hypocrisy
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 5:23am On Nov 23, 2022
advocatejare:

It’s not diversion, it’s comparisons.

I was just exposing your hypocrisy

Exposing hypocrisy by derailing the thread and starting your own topic? How is your post related to the thread?
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by Horus(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
If you do not believe as a Christian does, you are called crazy. I have debated with Christians many times in an open forum and all of
their reasoning is the same. Thus, I use the bible as proof when I am debating with Christians. I show them what is written right in their
bible in the languages they were originally revealed and they still can’t handle the facts. I have said it before and will say it again.
The bible is nothing more than an ancient soap opera. It is filled with hate, death, murder, prostitution, suicide and lust. Look at the
many contradictions, errors and nonsense stories that are written in the bible. If you are a Christian, you will realize that you are the
crazy person for believing in it, living by it and dying for it.
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by advocatejare(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Exposing hypocrisy by derailing the thread and starting your own topic? How is your post related to the thread?

Look at it again you’ll see the relationship
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
advocatejare:

Look at it again you’ll see the relationship

K
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Your biblical Jesus was called same by his family!

Slave, you quote me good of you... But na allah the author of Quran called Muhammad weyrey nau
Re: Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? by AntiChristian: 5:12am On Nov 24, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

Slave, you quote me good of you... But na allah the author of Quran called Muhammad weyrey nau

Oponu afofungbemu! Na only lies they know how to peddle in Jesus name!

Jesus go deny you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion / Is The First Letter To The Corinthians Really The First Letter To Them? / Questions You Will Like To Ask God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.