Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Don't Ever Curse Your Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Ever Curse Your Country (935 Views)

Don't Ever Pray For War!!! Viewer Discretion Please / Don't Ever Curse Your Country / Don't Ever Curse Your Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Ever Curse Your Country by alasane: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
This is a message from a Nigerian living in the US, it's worth sharing!

1. If you don't know how you are blessed, you will think your father's farm is worse than your friend father's farm.

2. $1 is ₦500 and so what?

3. Let me elucidate from my little experience. Can anyone in the US use $1 for breakfast? No!

4. But in Nigeria, ₦500 will give you breakfast and lunch.

5.Majority of people's monthly house rent (self contained apartment) in the USA is $1,000 and above... and that is your own 2 year's rent!

6. Have you ever paid for insurance before? Insurance in the US is $280 and that is almost ₦100,000 monthly.

7. When last did you pay monthly phone bills? I pay almost ₦40,000 monthly and if I don't, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without recharge.

8. When last did you work on Saturday and Sunday?

9. This I do compulsorily and on regular basis.

10. Don't get me wrong, the US is better than Nigeria, depending on which angle you are viewing it.

11. Do you want to hear the truth?

12. Many people in Nigeria live a more fulfilling life compared to their counterparts abroad.

13. Forget about all the packaging on social media and give credit to the good life you are living.

14. Do you know why Nigerians living in the US always rush back quickly whenever they come home visiting?

15. Because bills are counting and elongated absence (freedom) will put their lives in jeopardy.

16. If you, as a black person, attempt to emulate the whites, they will kneel on your neck.

17. Apart from Congo, no citizens in the entire universe enjoy life to the fullest than Nigerians.

18. You are abundantly blessed but you don't know until you get visa and relocate abroad, that is when you will know that your 8-hour job in Nigeria with free weekend is awoof.

19. With 8-hour job abroad, you can only pay bills, you need other 6 to 8 hours jobs to save for the future and plan your life.

20. The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it's lack of vision greed of our leaders/politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles) that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete standstill.

21. Always thank God wherever you may find yourself. Nigeria is good and will be better. AMEEN
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by LokoH(m): 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
op, may you feed twice with N500 when you come back to nigERIA.

I curse nigeria with all her politicians

2 Likes

Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by Lamasta(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
We are supposed to be living a better life than this in this country but wicked people in high places masquerading as leaders from APC, PDP and the likes have turned this nation to a joke.....

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by MickzyDonald: 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2021
but can we still curse our leaders instead
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by donbachi(m): 2:58pm On Apr 06, 2021
Person wey him mouth dey smell.wen him neighbour curse am,sey him mouth dey smell.go begin brush mouth well.the essence of nigerians cursing nigeria,na make those wey dey pilot the affairs of nigeria.for do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by providencia(m): 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Op, you said a nigerian living in usa wrote this. What is he still doing there?
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by HansSpeke: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
alasane:

1. If you don't know how you are blessed, you will think your father's farm is worse than your friend father's farm.

3. Let me elucidate from my little experience. Can anyone in the US use $1 for breakfast? No!

5.Majority of people's monthly house rent (self contained apartment) in the USA is $1,000 and above... and that is your own 2 year's rent!

6. Have you ever paid for insurance before? Insurance in the US is $280 and that is almost ₦100,000 monthly.

7. When last did you pay monthly phone bills? I pay almost ₦40,000 monthly and if I don't, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without recharge.

10. Don't get me wrong, the US is better than Nigeria, depending on which angle you are viewing it.

12. Many people in Nigeria live a more fulfilling life compared to their counterparts abroad.

13. Forget about all the packaging on social media and give credit to the good life you are living.

14. Do you know why Nigerians living in the US always rush back quickly whenever they come home visiting?

15. Because bills are counting and elongated absence (freedom) will put their lives in jeopardy.

16. If you, as a black person, attempt to emulate the whites, they will kneel on your neck.

17. Apart from Congo, no citizens in the entire universe enjoy life to the fullest than Nigerians.

18. You are abundantly blessed but you don't know until you get visa and relocate abroad, that is when you will know that your 8-hour job in Nigeria with free weekend is awoof.

19. With 8-hour job abroad, you can only pay bills, you need other 6 to 8 hours jobs to save for the future and plan your life.

20. The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it's lack of vision greed of our leaders/politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles) that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete standstill.

21. Always thank God wherever you may find yourself. Nigeria is good and will be better. AMEEN

Come and eat with 500 naira let us see you

Foolish human being
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by Whois(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2021
Fyi @op

Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by beejaay: 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
alasane:

oya relocate to nigeria ASAP so we enjoy it together...since nigeria have the best life after congo, may the almighty bring you back here to enjoy with us and take you away from that sorrowful place..oya say a loud amen...hypocrites!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by beejaay: 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
providencia:
Op, you said a nigerian living in usa wrote this. What is he still doing there?

just imagine the silly guy comparin 500naira to 1dollar, why not he compare 500naira to 500dollars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by History555: 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
So why are you abroad, why not relocate to Nigeria. I guess nigerians enjoy quality healthcare like you in America. I guess the millions of nigerians earning 18000 monthly are enjoying like you, what of the millions of unemployed people, they too are enjoying like you. Mumu man that wants to prevent others from going abroad. Enemy of progress
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by omoharry(f): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
alasane:

If Nigeria is good as you have painted it, then why are living abroad? .We need a better country and we deserve it becos this is the only country we have .We cannot settle for less and start living like animals, just becos we choose not to fight for what we deserve .

Pls enough of the “appreciate the shit that is given to us “ bla bla! bla!. Is it not better for us to fight for a better country where we can all live and be treated with dignity by our leaders? than accept mediocrity and oppression as a way of life ? God forbid .
The world has left us behind ,we have nothing to be proud off .
U sound like a Buharist, that would rather encourage Nigerians to scratch through the wall instead of bouncing back to resist their to oppressors .
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by meccuno: 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2021
[s]
alasane:

[/s]
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by ThatFairGuy1: 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
Those who curse Nigeria gets their share of the curse while we Patriots get ours from praying for Nigeria
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by eMJPossibility(m): 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
Nigeria politicians will not die well

Call me to order If I'm not making sense Thank you
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by wiseoneking: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2021
alasane:

1. If you don't know how you are blessed, you will think your father's farm is worse than your friend father's farm. ... ...You got it wrong here.

.....It shouldn't be because it suppose to be better or equal by now. Don't rejoice in shame.

3. Let me elucidate from my little experience. Can anyone in the US use $1 for breakfast?

No! .

.... Americans does not need a dollar for breakfast though a good loaf of bread goes for sometimes less than a dollar.

......Breakfast for one person and who can afford that for a person who earns 30k minimum average salary wage which is yet approved. 500 naira x 30 days will give you 15 thousand in a month for you alone and not for your four children and a wife. Your half salary goes for just you alone. Lol.

5.Majority of people's monthly house rent (self contained apartment) in the USA is $1,000 and above... and that is your own 2 year's rent!. You lied. This is not so, and know again majority of Americans be are living in their apartments, not rented. You guys deceive people with this shit of $1000 for self contained. There are affordable one or two bedroom houses from $400 to $700 dollars per month all over United States. Poor Americans that could not afford it still asses what they called SECTION 8 HOUSES, you don't need to be a full citizen to get it. You can pay as low as $250 per month in a three bedroom two storey decent house with everything there. As the prices of accomodations varies in Lagos, Enugu etc, so it varies here in the US. It could be far much higher in California but the earn far much higher than in Virginia where houses may be cheaper. Even in Los Angeles, San Francisco and sandiego, you have apartment where poor people or middle class can live.

6. Have you ever paid for insurance before? Insurance in the US is $280 and that is almost ₦100,000 monthly. This is a very big lie. You can get low car insurance for $30 to $60. You Dental, health and vision insurance can never amt to what you put there, moreover, insurance is not by force. Apart from this, we have hundreds of hospitals etc that does not require insurance and slashes or entirely forgive you of your health debts. I say what I have seen. We have even places where people without papers as still cartered fo free.

7. When last did you pay monthly phone bills? I pay almost ₦40,000 monthly and if I don't, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without recharge........

.......You lied. People should really verify all your write up. I pay $25 every month with metro pc for unlimited calls and unlimited data for browsing.. There are other packages with $50 been the highest. They will not block your line if you didn't pay but you are not able to make calls. In Nigeria, if you don't have credit on your phone, you can make calls too. Moreover, any person that does any least job can afford $25 to pay his or her bill. There is even a prog for the extremely poor that assesses free phone and credit. Millions of poor Americans are using it. Lastly, every Americans phone lines comes with unlimited talk. You can talk for 24 hours.

8. When last did you work on Saturday and Sunday?.. . ...

You lied again. This is a thing of choice and "mostly" for people in the health sector. You can work what they called every other weekend or work this weekend and skip the next. You have the right to find jobs suitable for you and there are PLENTY IF JOBS IN THIS COUNTRY. I have never worked on Sunday morning before I moved from health sector and I can't boast that I have never missed church upto 4 times in all my years in this country. I decided my schedule with my employees. There are places that tell you Mon to Friday jobs. There are few places that insist you work on Sundays but not every Sunday. America have different shifts: 7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm, 11pm to 7am. Even if you must work on Sundays, you may choose not to work morning shifts. We have a lot of organization that have flexible schedule and they even beg you they gonna work on your personalised schedule. Greedy Nigerians want to make money and work double or 7 times a day without rest. You got a choice here. Even moslems have the right to decide not to be working on Fridays. I have a Liberian co worker who doesn't work on Fridays. It wasn't a hard job for the health institution to approve. There is always a right for this or that even in your paperwork you signed.

9. This I do compulsorily and on regular basis. Big lie. Lol

10. Don't get me wrong, the US is better than Nigeria, depending on which angle you are viewing it. You are now saying another thing after a while 8 points why the zoo is better. I always agree that no place is perfect but US is better, full stop.

11. Do you want to hear the truth? You got no truth because if the truth is that Nigeria is better as you suggested above, you should be in Nigeria and hang in the US suffering.

. .,I know what you mean here, more fulfilling life as in adequate security in the midst of the present insecurities, asses to good health whereby even your president is is presently on his fifth health tourism, availability of foods where the prices of food goes high for average middle class, social security by the government, asses to good schools?

........ Now, packaging yes, people here packages a lot to show off to their friends in Nigeria that they have arrived but not generally so for everybody. Here you must work extremely hard to be above average to the Americans. An average Nigeria earns better income than average Americans. I am not saying Nigerian are richer than Americans but they earn better. The Nigerian community in my county are majority middle and upper class because many own their franchise esp the igbos employing Americans, a lot of yoruba, Edo and Igbo medical professionals, etc. Permit to say that there are a lot of Edo people in the US.

You better say it or keep mute. You don't need to rush back because definitely you should have paid holiday leave or plan your life before traveling. What are you just gisting about.

....Not so, Nigerian live like Nigerians and not like Americans that do not have culture of saving.

16. If you, as a black person, attempt to emulate the whites, they will kneel on your neck.......

This is the biggest lies here again. Kneel on your neck for what? The whites goes well with Africans than African Americans or other colored people. A white person prefers Africans than any other race, though they may have problem with a typical Nigerian who will always argue with them and are fiercless. I have never experienced the so called racism which you know that any such attempt will make such coy or person to loose his job for discrimination. I just hate some of our people with some inferiority complex but majority have superiority complex/ I can do it atitude. Nigeria tribalism is worst than Racism.

....You are the weakest writer that I have ever seen. Yes, Congo is extremely rich in all kinds of mineral resources: gold, uranium, diamond etc but Congolese are among the poorest countries in the world. People should just check the living standard of Congolese, just a little Google search pls.

18. You are abundantly blessed but you don't know until you get visa and relocate abroad, that is when you will know that your 8-hour job in Nigeria with free weekend is awoof.........

Comeback home if we have abundance. True to say we have aboundance but that is for few less than 8 of percentage of robbers called politicians, government made billionaires in person of Dangote and co, bandits and kidnappers, civil servants in corruption circle and embezzlement, oil coy workers, some biz men in high places.

19. With 8-hour job abroad, you can only pay bills, you need other 6 to 8 hours jobs to save for the future and plan your life. .......This is a big lie, I have seen Nigerians in the lowest pay in this country and they still send money home for the families, extended families and doing some projects. I am not talking about the do called to walthy ones.. The first job I had here just starting life with nothing was almost 25 times of what I earn monthly in Nigeria, guess what, after spending all on utilities etc, I was still having a monthly saving of half it which is equivalent to my two years salary back home.

20. The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it's lack of vision greed of our leaders/politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles) that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete standstill................

Now you are talking. I agreed with you here. It is not easier here, you need to work hard because you want to be above average and take care of your family and folks back home.

Thats a good prayer and if it is the will of God, let this country divide peaceful so that each region, tribe or zone Will take their destiny in their hand.
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by alasane: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2021
beejaay:

oya relocate to nigeria ASAP so we enjoy it together...since nigeria have the best life after congo, may the almighty bring you back here to enjoy with us and take you away from that sorrowful place..oya say a loud amen...hypocrites!!!!!!

*How To Leave Nigeria With 3k*

*Dangote trailer from kano to Lagos is 2k
*From Lagos to seme border is 500*
*From seme border to cotonou town is 500*
*But if you want to go to Europe *****
*Kano to Jigawa is 500*
*Jigawa to Maradi by donkey is 500*
*Maradi to Sahara by camel is 500*
*From Sahara to Mediterranean sea is just 1000*
*From Mediterranean sea to Spain by canoe is 200 via flying boat is 1000..*
*So the choice is yours*
*If you want to go to America*
*Drop for Lagos ask for officer Magunus...3000 via boat but na 6 months journey...*
*Make e no come be like sey ah no give una update*
*Your destiny is in your hands*
*I come in peace*
Re: Don't Ever Curse Your Country by Sunday2021: 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2021
And useless ipob mods will not ban anybody cursing our country. Any idiot that is not patriotic to Nigeria should be ban from using a Nigerian forum.
They use the media to campaign for their terrorism and some ipob mods don't see anything wrong with that.
#ipobareterrorists.

(1) (Reply)

What If The Authority To Send Any Of These Tribes Out Of Nigeria Is Given You / I PREFER BUHARI THIRD TERM TO EITHER Atiku, Saraki,OR TAMBUWAL IN 2023! / 2023: Youth Team Tasks Atiku Abubakar To Contest For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.