Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence (12636 Views)

Ondo Church Attack: Osinbajo Saddened, Condemns Attack / June 12: 'Team Lagos' Threatens To Resist Any Protest In Lagos / Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by HonNL: 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
Our dear city of Owerri had its peace and tranquillity shattered by heavily armed hoodlums who blasted open the doors of the correctional facility, facilitating the escape of well over 1,000 inmates; many of whom were dangerous criminals.

They also attacked the police headquarters at “Shell Camp” burning several vehicles and even attempting to overtake the police armoury, if not for the effective resistance of the police.

An attack on the critical institutions of law enforcement, police stations and prisons is an attack on the safety, security and well being of the citizens.

It is not merely an attack on law and order. It is a mindless attack on the people and the way of life of the people. When you attack police stations and free dangerous criminals, you put women, men, children and their possessions and livelihoods at risk.

Whatever the motives of the perpetrators, the action is egregious and atrocious in the extreme and all men and women of goodwill must openly condemn this assault on the way of life of the good people of this State.

Perhaps more than any other part of the country, this region has borne witness to the terrible cost of lives, liberty and progress that is caused by conflict.

It is in this beautiful land, that our county learned an enduring lesson on the futility of violence. But there are those who believe that to resolve issues and conflicts other than by violence is cowardliness.

If the voices of their hatred prevails we will experience the terrible and fruitless loss of life that violence begets. Our system is not perfect, and we can seek to perfect it.

There is no earthly system that is perfect, but what democracy and the institutions of democratic governance provide, are channels, however imperfect for seeking redress for injury, for peacefully addressing the problems that ail us.

There are many who are working tirelessly everyday to improve our system, to build up and to enhance it. We must therefore, reject the agents of anarchy that seek to weaponize the frustration and discontent of young people, for their own profit.

The path of violence can only lead to disaster, that consumes everyone, at least to the desolation of our communities. It is easy to take peace for granted, but we need not learn the value of peace through the horrible crucible of war.

Anyone who perpetrates violence does not represent the progressive mindedness of the good people of this State & this region. I call on all of us to come together to resist any attempts to turn the progress and peace that this zone is set to experience to conflict and disruption.

The security in this city and the State since yesterday have been further enhanced and we expect to strengthen security capacity even more here. The search for the escaped inmates of the correctional facility has begun in earnest.

I especially want to thank the Governor of the State for his calm, measured but firm handling of the security situation in the State. The Federal Government stands with you, and the great people of IMO State at this very crucial time.

Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo

6 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
I agree. I will resist them with my Toto.
Ur fada!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Tranquillity360: 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
Mr pastor when you were killing unarmed Ipob what were you expecting.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by slawormiir: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Fake star boy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Nigeriabiafra82: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Awon Peace maker
Go and preach peace to yewa and Benin republic

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by kalu61(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
You see why we all are hypocrites in this country. Those of you that will jump on any igbo thread to talk rubbish will not call out Northern Elites or Oligarchs to condemn and send emissaries.

They sent startboy to preach may be Adamu utterances this afternoon made presidency rush go announce new IG.

If those communities are not adequately compensated and the killer herdmens fished out, l wonder how long startboy's massage will hold.

l have deep respect for erudite Prof. Osibanjo but startboy de always funny me grin

10 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by franchasng: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
This man ought to be the President angry

And instead of Yorubas to be queueing behind this man and giving him maximum support, they are busy supporting a known criminal and drug addict that destroyed Lagos state to destroy what is left of Nigeria after the current terrorist is done in 2023, wicked people that love only corrupt criminals angry

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by sirvic68: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
It is better to have those criminals who escaped from the correctional facilities in our communities than to have the Nigeria Police.

I remembered in Feb. when I returned from Germany after like 5 years of not visiting Nigeria. On my way from the airport back to the house, a motorist rammed into my car (this was a car I sent from there, and was the first time it was used). As a normal human being I got angry, would have let go but the guy who hit us was not ready to say he was sorry.

With developed country mentality, I called the police and when they arrived they saw the position of the crash and reactions from eye witnesses, they were quick to confirm that the other guy was at fault. But the inspector insisted that we went to the station. On getting there, the other motorist admitted he was at fault and the police made him to write a statement indicating how he's gonna pay for the damage.

Seeing how remorseful he was, I told him that all I wanted was for him to just say that he was sorry. So I had to tell the police to dismiss the case that I was gonna fix the car myself. Omo, the police people change am for me immediately. That I was gonna keep the vehicle there and return the next day for some paper works, or I should pay 100k to release the vehicle the same day.

I told the police man, "Oga, shebi na me invite una, I no do again. Say I wan carry my motor". After everything I paid 50k to bail my own car wey I call police by myself.

In a nutshell, I'd prefer to have 10 hoodlums in the streets than have a police man.

They were even lucky that the Unknown Gunmen were professional enough not to have killed any police man or correctional officer.

25 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by ChiefAfonja: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
undecided

This man should be stoned jor. APC Govt Should be stoned undecided

3 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by munstaqq: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Our current leaders; Buhari and Osibanjo are too soft. Too fvcking soft!

And it's bad. We need tough people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by wizygreat2000(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Alist this one can speak and visit unlike one Cow in London chilling why his Country is on fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by phkka1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Peace in the south and war in the north.
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by OdumegwuOjukwu: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
Whatever the motives of the perpetrators, the action is egregious and atrocious in the extreme and all men and women of goodwill must openly condemn this assault on the way of life of the good people of this State.

Lies! Or what does he mean by extreme ? How many people could they have killed and how many did they kill?

The message is quite hollow. A rehash of same old and boring message, filled with subtle threat of civil war loss. Looks like Osibanjo has ran out ideas, have been confronted with same scenario every now and then. Maybe he should run out Imo State cos he has nothing new to say or do.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Seniorwriter(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
Werey dey disguise!!!
We need youths with empathy & visionary capacity as Leaders!!!

BTW what happened to TRADERMONI SCHEME!!!

Duplexxx:
Everyday the same news
Imagine....same o same o

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by FalseProphet1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
I don't see people listening to pastor Osibanjo's message, I see them indulging in violence and more and more violence because a Sudanese is ruling Nigerians. This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Splendor4(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
abeg who him speech help.. everybody just dey disguise
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
My star Boy.

Love U sir, but I hate Buhari the vegetable

2 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Totilopussylick(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
Peace when the entire country lack peace undecided
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by kenzysmith: 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
AGNESikpuNNU:
I agree. I will resist them with my Toto.
Ur fada!!!
when village people read this your comment they go begin dance say their juju done dey work. How ur village people dance on ur mental health in advance

1 Like

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by MaryamUmar2020: 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
sad
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by JohnSin97: 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
Fvck Yoruba pacifism.
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by free2ryhme: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
HonNL:

Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo

Because you have security aides abi

Please flee any location once you noticed violence brewing ooo
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by IamNumeroUno: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
While Garba Shehu and Malami are doing the main job, Osinbajo has been reduced to just an Ambassador of peace.

President left and handed over to presidency, leaving the Vice president to play the role of an ambassador. Buhari is either wicked or not in control, choose one!

cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Abascoh: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
Osinbajo is a preacher of peace, everybody can not be a preacher of peace. The unknown gunmen are a men of war, they are the war, they are the indaboski bahose.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by pickatyou1: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
These guys dey mad.

Have they preached like this in the north east.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by adelaja70(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Mr pastor when you were killing unarmed Ipob what were you expecting.
Killing? U sure say your brain never bend.

1 Like

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Ladycewhy(f): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
Abascoh:
Osinbajo is a preacher of peace, everybody can not be a preacher of peace. The unknown gunmen are a men of war, they are the war, they are the indaboski bahose.
lol
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Monogamy: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
Peace is what we need
Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by butterfly777(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
Peace is good. But when the enemy brings war to your doorstep, you have to fight for yourself.

Since the people have been appealing to the government with no good result, it is time for the people to fight for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence by Duplexxx: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
Everyday the same news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wives Are Not Relegated To ‘other Room’, Atiku Mock Buhari / FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District / I Will Restore Lg's Lost Glory When I Emerge Ogun Governor - Adebutu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.