Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

"Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October (53726 Views)

Tiwa Savage Goes On One-Week Vacation With Over 30 Shoes (Photos) / Chioma Broke Up With Davido, Moved Out Since October / Seun Egbegbe Has Now Spent Over 30 Months In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by angelfallz(m): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2021
Nope. Burner bouy sounds much closer to burna boy
Firstcitizen:
This thread will make someone else copy Burnaboy

Born a boy loading
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Felabrity: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2021
Nigerians and showing off

Na wetin kill am be this

1 Like

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by TheEnygma(m): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2021
Cmanforall:
He may lose all if sued
Wizkid can't Sue him since he didn't technically use the name "WIZKID" but "WISEKID" .... with a very good lawyer he can get away with it very easily.

4 Likes

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Goalnaldo(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2021
The guy couldn't keep his "illegal" blessings to himself and he had to post it on Twitter yesterday. He deleted it immediately when wizkids fans started calling him out. Blame his success on listeners/streamers who don't pay attention to details cause there's clearly a difference between Wizkid and Wisekid.

2 Likes

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by einsteine(m): 7:08am On Apr 07, 2021
TheEnygma:

Wizkid can't Sue him since he didn't technically use the name "WIZKID" but "WISEKID" .... with a very good lawyer he can get away with it very easily.

It's not just the artiste name that's the issue.

He can be sued for "passing off". Especially with the purposeful similarities in the album and single titles. Also, there is a lack of congruence between his popularity and his streaming income upon which an argument can be made that he would never have gotten those streams if not for the trademark violation.

8 Likes

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by TheEnygma(m): 7:12am On Apr 07, 2021
Goalnaldo:
The guy couldn't keep his "illegal" blessings to himself and he had to post it on Twitter yesterday. He deleted it immediately when wizkids fans started calling him out. Blame his success on listeners/streamers who don't pay attention to details cause there's clearly a difference between Wizkid and Wisekid.
Yeah, the guy is an idiot... He would have continued cashing out on his "Hustle" quietly.

4 Likes

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by immortalcrown(m): 7:12am On Apr 07, 2021
How did you find out and what has been done to him after your findings?
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by TheEnygma(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2021
einsteine:

It's not just the artiste name that's the issue.

He can be sued for "passing off". Especially with the purposeful similarities in the album and single titles. Also, there is a lack of congruence between his popularity and his streaming income upon which an argument can be made that he would never have gotten those streams if not for the trademark violation.
You did make a valid point.

1 Like

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by cloud(m): 7:16am On Apr 07, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
Jesu!!! (in Olamide's voice)

Omo this Yahoo format almost dey legit oh... wow... boys dey vex... dey hustle anything or anyone or anyhow... as long money enter.... but e nor go last... him nor be original material.... if starboy leave music 2mr him give plans/business wen him go venture into...

But "Wiseboy" right here go go back to the streets, HK to hustle... cuz maybe by den the money don finish...

but to me i think he is the number one yahoo boy in Nigeria.. but EFCC or FBI nor go fit arrest am cuz him nor "dey commit fraud"

Legit crook... oshey Baba

If WizKid leave music, he may as well change his name to burnt boy and start copying burna boy songs
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by seyz91(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2021
cheesy
Lovethaa:
Let's be sincere this Guy is truly WISE damn....

This Ia to give you an idea the amount of money artiste makes from just streaming alome... WTF

and I thought I'm a real gee... well thanks bro ... let me see if I can copy that frog voice .. I'll be "Davidoor"...
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by atimadesign(m): 7:19am On Apr 07, 2021
Imitation is Limitation..
It is best to come out distinguished and make a different.
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by ChiefAfonja: 7:25am On Apr 07, 2021
He is a big fool. I know he casted him self.

When he saw the cash coming in he was overwhelmed.

Why not keep it on low key and be earning?? Mumu Yellowba boy, he wants to brag now wiz kid should sue his stupid ass

2 Likes

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by just2endowed: 7:27am On Apr 07, 2021
Pavore9:
That is criminal!

He can be sue

1 Like

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by ChiefAfonja: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2021
Felabrity:
Nigerians and showing off

Na wetin kill am be this

Stupidity

Nigerians can't just keep low when cash starts coming in undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 07, 2021
NigerDeltaRep:
Don't sit!! Spread the word!!

Spread which word?

Put me with Edo?

Do you know how many terrorists are in Edo?

My brother, I ain't spreading no shitty word.

Take Edo out and let's call it the Christian Republic of Eden cheesy

Or else. To the bin.

1 Like

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Duplexxx: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2021
Make you make your own music don't copy write i don't like it
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Mykii: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2021
This thing way you just type na better rubbish,and its sad to see the hate in you. Him dey sing rubbish but his album is doing better than everyone you just mentioned?? You have no reason to hate.
DuBLINGreenb:
E concern am

Wizkid songs nor Kuku dey sweet again

Omah lay is a better Wizkid than Wizkid

I think Omah lay is doing what Wizkid hopes and thinks he is doing

People just dey listen sake of say na Wizkid sing am nor be because the song sweet

E get song wey you go listen ask who sing am go find am download But Wizkid matter na say Wizkid done release song oh make we go see Wetin e say e release.

Na him make him views nor go ever fit pass DavidO and Burna Boy own.
Wizkids best days are clearly behind him the gulf in class is not clear yet oh but it will soon become clear, I remember making a comment like this year's back when people were saying DavidO Vs Wizkid I said no it should be DavidO Vs Burna now see am.

The same way I am now saying it is not DavidO Vs Burna Vs Wizkid but DavidO Vs Burna Vs Omah lay Vs Fireboy DML take it to the bank

It will be clear to you in some years from now watch out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Dreyton36: 7:42am On Apr 07, 2021
You chooses the right artist to follow bro
If you had tried following the steps of a frog voice untalented shit I wonder how you're gonna gain recognition

Machala no be anybody mate

Lights up my kpoli in peace

2 Likes

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Odinaka00(m): 7:49am On Apr 07, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
E concern am

People just dey listen sake of say na Wizkid sing am nor be because the song sweet

E get song wey you go listen ask who sing am go find am download But Wizkid matter na say Wizkid done release song oh make we go see Wetin e say e release.

Wizkids best days are clearly behind him the gulf in class is not clear yet oh but it will soon become clear, I remember making a comment like this year's back when people were saying DavidO Vs Wizkid I said no it should be DavidO Vs Burna now see am.

The same way I am now saying it is not DavidO Vs Burna Vs Wizkid but DavidO Vs Burna Vs Omah lay Vs Fireboy DML take it to the bank

But stars don’t shine forever
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by confyy007(m): 7:58am On Apr 07, 2021
Hmm.
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Trustedpronet: 8:02am On Apr 07, 2021
If I be Wizkid I will appoint him as my online marketer and pay him Royalty.
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Agbebakun22: 8:05am On Apr 07, 2021
TheEnygma:

How about the materials he's using
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by 99thEnemy(m): 8:07am On Apr 07, 2021
Naija boys no fit shock me again but....

chai grin grin grin grin

this one off me small.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Jiroville300: 8:12am On Apr 07, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
E concern am

YOUI SOUND F0OLISH AND PATHETIC !!! STOP HATING ON WHO HAS SURPASSED YOU .. EVIDENTLY IF U HAD ANY MEANINGFUL THING COMING ALONG FOR YOU , YOU WOULD NOT BE OUT HERE DEFENDING SHIT AND SPEWING NONSENSE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Brunicekid(m): 8:21am On Apr 07, 2021
ChiefAfonja:

Stupidity

Nigerians can't just keep low when cash starts coming in undecided
It's simply NEMESIS... This is a clear case of impersonation
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:22am On Apr 07, 2021
Blessings de overflow
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by pulsa(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2021
atimadesign:
Imitation is Limitation..
It is best to come out distinguished and make a different.
Imitiation is also the best form of flattery smiley
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2021
Wizkid go sue this guy. Arbitration loading...
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by OmoAkin85: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2021
2shaw:
30m views . Not naira, highest royalty na like 3000$ a year. 30m kor,
lol u dont know what u are saying apple pay artist 6075 dollars for every 1million streams..and u can see d guy daily streams is over 100k..he is making more dan that ..next time research before judging
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by OwenJesse27(m): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
E concern am

grin grin savage prince
Re: "Wisekid" Copies Wizkid, Makes Over ₦30 Million monthly since October by OwenJesse27(m): 9:00am On Apr 07, 2021
Heathrow44:

Do u have sense at all!! Werey dey disguise, u are seeing a broad day thief and encouraging him? What's the difference btw this criminal and a scammer?

Who cares 'this is Nigerian every body is a criminal...... "ask falz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Interior And Exterior View Of The Hotel E-Money And Wife Are Holidaying / Bolanle Ninalowo: I Have Been Aroused Twice On Movie Set / Cynthia Morgan, Lover Clash Over Burna Boy Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.