Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,865 members, 7,862,863 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:02 AM

The Cross Of Jesus Is A Daily Personal Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cross Of Jesus Is A Daily Personal Experience (114 Views)

Benefits Of The Cross Of Crucified Christ / 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cross Of Jesus Is A Daily Personal Experience by ochibuogwu5: 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2021
The Cross of Jesus Christ is an active experience of the death that terminated the old life/self/flesh that every human being inherited from Adam's disobedience, replaces our old-self with the LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST (NEW CREATION LIFE) and causes our mortal-body to submit effortlessly fresh every second to the CONTROL AS WELL AS THE MANIFESTATIONS OF THIS NEW CREATION LIFE
thus
"Now the judgment (crisis) of this world is coming on [sentence is now being passed on this world]. Now the ruler (evil genius, prince) of this world shall be cast out (expelled).
32 And I, if and when I am lifted up from the earth [on the cross], will draw and attract all men [Gentiles as well as Jews] to Myself." (John 12:31-32 AMPC)

"And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also]." (Luke 9:23 AMPC)

"Now huge crowds were going along with [Jesus], and He turned and said to them,
26 If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his [own] father and mother [in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in comparison with his attitude toward God] and [likewise] his wife and children and brothers and sisters—[yes] and even his own life also—he cannot be My disciple.
27 Whoever does not persevere and carry his own cross and come after (follow) Me cannot be My disciple." (Luke 14:25-27 AMPC)

Until each human being begins to see and believe that when Jesus died on the Cross, he/she also died with this old life/self/flesh in union with Jesus Christ; the complete, permanent and perpetual deliverance from sin, the flesh, adamic-ancestral-curses, wicked-principalities/powers, death, sicknesses, addictions, devil, eternal-death(hell-fire) will never become effective in such a persons whole being(soul, spirit and body)
thus
"For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Gal. 2:19-21 KJV)

"Christ died, and we have been joined with him by dying too. So we will also be joined with him by rising from death as he did. 6 We know that our old life was put to death on the cross with Christ. This happened so that our sinful selves would have no power over us. Then we would not be slaves to sin. 7 Anyone who has died is made free from sin’s control.
8 If we died with Christ, we know that we will also live with him. 9 Christ was raised from death. And we know that he cannot die again. Death has no power over him now. 10 Yes, when Christ died, he died to defeat the power of sin one time—enough for all time. He now has a new life, and his new life is with God. 11 In the same way, you should see yourselves as being dead to the power of sin and alive for God through Christ Jesus.
12 But don’t let sin control your life here on earth. You must not be ruled by the things your sinful self makes you want to do. 13 Don’t offer the parts of your body to serve sin. Don’t use your bodies to do evil, but offer yourselves to God, as people who have died and now live. Offer the parts of your body to God to be used for doing good. 14 Sin will not be your master, because you are not under law. You now live under God’s grace." (Romans 6:5-14 ERV)

(1) (Reply)

The Crosspollination Of Life / A Summary Of Clarity / Islamic Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.