Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,075 members, 7,953,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:34 PM

The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification (1420 Views)

Rivers Crisis Is Not An Ethnic War Me And My Team Will Accept Peace - Wike / Dele Momodu: PDP's Only Crisis Is Caused By One Man Who Lost An Election / Lai Mohammed Exposes Politicians Sponsoring Herdsmen Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Rosskiiku: 12:21am On Apr 07, 2021
walemoney007:
You're the most f00l!sh person on nairaland.

You sure hate to hear the truth.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Blue3k(m): 12:26am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Why not go round the entire West Africa and preach your mental and moral superiority to them, from your high, spiteful pedestal?

The problem is not limited to Nigeria.

If you don't find a way to resolve the issue amicably, even you could end up dead from the violence, plus family.

Or maybe you think you are immune to bullets and societal destruction.

No need this thread works perfectly. If you feel like whining all over Africa do so you might make money. Lol the amicable solution is for them to desist from their crimality and buy land. States in north are already giving them land ranch on the rest of west Africa can solve it problems. Remember those foolish criminals are not bullet proof either.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

What do you think about ESN and IPOB, I'm sure you will agree with me that they have a case like the fulanis.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Why not go round the entire West Africa and preach your mental and moral superiority to them, from your high, spiteful pedestal?

I'm sure they will listen to your majesty speaking from his high horse of unadulterated spite.

The problem is not limited to Nigeria.

If you don't find a way to resolve the issue amicably, even you could end up dead from the violence, plus family.

Or maybe you think you are immune from bullets, chaos, and societal destruction.

States in the North like Kano and Kogi have volunteered to donate lands, why are they still causing havoc all over the south?
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Rosskiiku: 12:31am On Apr 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
What do you think about ESN and IPOB, I'm sure you will agree with me that they have a case like the fulanis.

The FIRST THING we all need to understand, admit, and realise, is that this crisis is a crisis that is derived 100% from climate change and desertification.

That is the first thing.

Probably 95% of southern Nigerians are totally unaware of this, and imagine that the herdsmen are encroaching southwards as a result of a Fulani/Buhari - led conspiracy to colonise and Islamize all of Nigeria.

Remove that poison first from the peoples' minds.

THEN we can be all free to brainstorm on lasting solutions to the crisis.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

The FIRST THING we all need to understand, admit, and realise, is that this crisis is a crisis that is derived 100% from climate change and desertification.

That is the first thing.

Probably 95% of southern Nigerians are totally unaware of this, and imagine that the herdsmen are encroaching southwards as a result of a Fulani/Buhari led conspiracy to colonise and Islamize all Nigeria.

I asked a question about ESN you dey talk Fulani ESN and IPOB also have a genuine reason they are fighting, right?
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Rosskiiku: 12:36am On Apr 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I asked a question about ESN you dey talk Fulani ESN and IPOB also have a genuine reason they are fighting, right?

ESN have every right to defend Eastern lands from killer herdsmen where the federal police and/or army are found wanting.

IPOB is an outlawed terrorist organisation which seeks secession from the federal republic, which I most certainly do NOT support.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

ESN have every right to defend Eastern lands from killer herdsmen where the federal police and/or army are found wanting.

IPOB is an outlawed terrorist organisation which seeks secession from the federal republic, which I most certainly do NOT support.
You don't support IPOB because they want to secced which is their right, but you are here supporting the madness of fulani heardsmen grin

Person wey dey live for Oyo, go borrow loan from the bank and invest in agriculture, fulani heardsmen go carry cows com chop the person crops, the person go challenge the fulani, the fulanis will hacked the person to death for challenging them.

In Benin republic, if fulani heardsmen are caught with guns, they are always killed immediately. If cows eat crops, the cows are either seized or killed while the fulani heardsmen in charge of the cows are killed or taken to the police station and will be charge to court.

Believe me bro, this nonsense happening in Nigeria is been dealt with by Bennionse.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by criuze(m): 1:00am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

This discussion is far above your level.

Kindly stay out.

WE need educated people in here, not thoughtless street touts.

Your approach to sensitive issues made reasonable people wonder the kind of kindergarten literature you're up to

you should be glad there are attempts to reason you up and throwing up some sensibilities into your lousy or poorly articulated essay

I'm sorry for the sort of Alma mater you pose to disgrace with such a ridiculous write up

you should bow down in shame if you present this hilarious abuse of concept and analytical paralysis as a proof of your education

moreover i wonder the kind of decent reply you expect with your abysmal poor logic, if you'll ever deserve it, i suggest you dilligently brace up to a well structured thought, and i promise to be better with you.

but for now you're a misfit to socio-environmental discourses

2 Likes

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Rosskiiku: 1:11am On Apr 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You don't support IPOB because they want to secced which is their right, but you are here supporting the madness of fulani heardsmen

Stop telling lies. I am not ''supporting'' anybody as is clear to any unbiased person.

All those scholarly research articles I posted, which lay the blame squarely on desertification, are they also ''supporting'' the killer herdsmen?

Why can't you people be objective?

If you are ever going to solve a crisis, you must do it holistically, from an 'outsider's perspective', not by seeing things from only your side.

As for IPOB, many people in the US state of Texas also want to secede from the United States. If it is ''their right'', why haven't the US govt, which I'm sure you worship, allowed them to go?

Are you aware that about half or more of the 50 - something states in America have secessionist groups?

Here is the US law on secessaion:

''Current Supreme Court precedent, in Texas v. White, holds that the states cannot secede from the union by an act of the state. More recently, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia stated, "If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_secession_movements#Texas_Nationalist_Movement

Person wey dey live for Oyo, go borrow loan from the bank and invest in agriculture, fulani herdsmen go carry cows com chop the person crops, the person go challenge the fulani, the fulanis will hacked the person to death for challenging them.

An average Fulani herdsmen cannot read, and does not know the way to a bank, much less what to say if he got there. Loans, interest rates, collateral, capital, credit rating. How do you explain those things to an average Fulani herdsman that can't speak English?

Judging him by the standards of an Oyo businessman is just....foolish.

In Benin republic, if fulani heardsmen are caught with guns, they are always killed immediately. If cows eat crops, the cows are either seized or killed while the fulani heardsmen in charge of the cows are killed or taken to the police station and will be charge to court.

Believe me bro, this nonsense happening in Nigeria is been dealt with by Bennionse.

If you enact such a law in Nigeria, you would have to kill probably 500,000 herdsmen.

Good luck explaining that to your electorate, much less the international community.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by ShadowCracker(m): 1:29am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku the north by far has more land mass than the south.
Why is it the farmer's land in the south that the herdsmen choose to graze on, if not you that you Fulani's are trouble makers.

The land mass in north is by far more than enough for your herders, but I guess you lot would not be happy if you haven't destroyed people's farmland, farm produce, there after kill innocent farmers and other citizens.

All the highways in the south are no longer safe, you Fulani's have turned it to your kidnapping den, I guess that is part of your herding culture.

You people want to bring boko haram jihad to the south, in the disguise of herding, you must think we southerners are fools.

You want Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Kwara to be like borno, plateau, katsina and other nothern states were everyday bomblast, mass killing are the order of the day.

What we Yorubas are planning , you guys ain't gonna know what hit you.

We are gonna self-determine and create our Oduduwa nation with or without war.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Rosskiiku: 1:37am On Apr 07, 2021
ShadowCracker:
Rosskiiku the north by far has more land mass than the south.
Why is it the farmer's land in the south that the herdsmen choose to graze on, if not you that you Fulani's are trouble makers.

The land mass in north is by far more than enough for your herders, but I guess you lot would not be happy if you haven't destroyed people's farmland, farm produce, there after kill innocent farmers and other citizens.

You do realise there is no 'border' demarcating ''north'' from ''south'', and that a Fulani herdsman's first concern is a place to graze his cattle?

Population growth caused in part by Igbo migration and settlement up north has also led to land shortages in the north.

All the highways in the south are no longer safe, you Fulani's have turned it to your kidnapping den, I guess that is part of your herding culture.

You people want to bring boko haram jihad to the south, in the disguise of herding, you must think we southerners are fools.

You want Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Kwara to be like borno, plateau, katsina and other nothern states were everyday bomblast, mass killing are the order of the day.

What we Yorubas are planning , you guys ain't gonna know what hit you.

We are gonna self-determine and create our Oduduwa nation with or without war.

Swiftly dismissed to the trash bin section of my thoughts.

Oh, I am not a northerner by the way.

I know your IQ is not high enough to imagine that.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by ShadowCracker(m): 1:56am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku wow shocked.
Spare me that bull crap, there are lot lands in the north untapped that are suitable for herd activities, the Igbos don't rear cattle, they live in the cities not the forrests.

But no they must graze in a farmer's land in the south, destroy it, feed their farm produce to the nasty cows and kill the farmers and the host community that resist.

If you are not a notherner as you insinuate, then you are a irredemable junkie for slavery.

1 Like

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by owobokiri(m): 7:43am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Actually the truth is that you are as dense as they come... You need urgent help.. One moment you are ready to bend the rules to tolorate evil, another moment you are ready to kill to stop it. The same you, the same country! Just that different folks are involved.
There are several countries practically living in the desert whose tribes haven't taken to ethnic cleansing and genocidal habits to 'make ends meet'.. The Malians, The Nigeriens, The Chadian, Northern Camerouns etc. They all face same environmental problems in their northern parts. It's only in Nigeria that such has become "understandable excuses" to unleash thuggery, genocide and grand takeovers of villages and communities with mercenary writers and partisan hacks like you lining up for crumbs to defend the indefensible..

If you seriously believe that environmental degradation is enough justification to warrant anti constitutional behavioral trends, you should also extend such 'grand understanding' to criminals from poor homes, or killers acting in revenge for killed loved ones', also to corrupt officials who stole to say, pay for their wards tuition in foreign schools. They're all 'good reasons' if desertification can excuse murders... Very mischievous lot. The only reason why a fulani that's totally docile in such places as Ghana, Guinea etc has become the incubators of all sorts of social upheavals in Nigeria is because of starry eyed supporters like you, who always run from pillar to post just to find enough excuses to defend evil..
Awon nebulous patriots..
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by pessotto(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

That is the first thing.

Probably 95% of southern Nigerians are totally unaware of this, and imagine that the herdsmen are encroaching southwards as a result of a Fulani/Buhari - led conspiracy to colonise and Islamize all of Nigeria.

Enough of the bàck and forth guys.
in your own opinion what is the practical way to resolve this problem.

Short term and long term?
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by pquaver(m): 9:40am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:
The herdsmen crisis is a WEST AFRICAN phenomenon, as the desertification of the Sahara accelerates, forcing herders to migrate ever southwards to graze their cattle.

See Ghana News:

Livelihoods under threat as herdsmen invade Kwamang farmlands at Kwamang

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Livelihoods-under-threat-as-herdsmen-invade-Kwamang-farmlands-at-Kwamang-1224913

It is a big problem in Ghana now. Just google ''Ghana herdsmen''.

They even killed some Fulani herdsmen in southern Ghana last week.

In South Sudan yesterday, 40 peole were killed. According to the news, ''this conflict... stemmed from disagreements between Arab herdsmen and non-Arab farmers in South Darfur.''

https://www.voanews.com/africa/40-people-killed-ethnic-clashes-west-darfur-un-says

So this is a region-wide issue caused by the encroaching Sahara and climate change.

But instead of us to recognise the issue for what it is, and co-operate to handle it well, we are screaming that it is a ''long-planned Fulani takeover of the South!!''

And now we are looking to start fighting and killing!

Tufiakwa.

Who did this to us?

In Ipob voice Buhari has sent his people and is supporting to invade farmlands in Ghana. Buhari is responsible for the invasion of farmlands in Ghana..
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by HansSpeke: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:
The herdsmen crisis is a WEST AFRICAN phenomenon, as the desertification of the Sahara accelerates, forcing herders to migrate ever southwards to graze their cattle.

See Ghana News:

Livelihoods under threat as herdsmen invade Kwamang farmlands at Kwamang

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Livelihoods-under-threat-as-herdsmen-invade-Kwamang-farmlands-at-Kwamang-1224913

It is a big problem in Ghana now. Just google ''Ghana herdsmen''.

They even killed some Fulani herdsmen in southern Ghana last week.

In South Sudan yesterday, 40 peole were killed. According to the news, ''this conflict... stemmed from disagreements between Arab herdsmen and non-Arab farmers in South Darfur.''

https://www.voanews.com/africa/40-people-killed-ethnic-clashes-west-darfur-un-says

So this is a region-wide issue caused by the encroaching Sahara and climate change.

But instead of us to recognise the issue for what it is, and co-operate to handle it well, we are screaming that it is a ''long-planned Fulani takeover of the South!!''

And now we are looking to start fighting and killing!

Tufiakwa.

Who did this to us?

Keep spamming nairaland with useless topics you brainless dog

Of course if the Fula had sliced your head open with a machete you'd have seen their criminality from the right perspective
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Blue3k(m): 4:43pm On May 14, 2021
Lol open grazing has been banned in the south apparently. These herdsmen better go start a ranch and solve their desertification problems. These trouble makers burnt all their goodwill because they refuse to adapt or regulate themselves.
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by doublewisdom: 4:45pm On May 14, 2021
limeta:
Thats not our problem
Let them go back to their desert land and find a solution or die there.
Lmao grin
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by doublewisdom: 4:45pm On May 14, 2021
limeta:
Thats not our problem
Let them go back to their desert land and find a solution or die there.
Lmao grin
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Brimstone77: 4:58pm On May 14, 2021
Climate change also made them to attack and kill indegeneous people down south..??

And for your information there is nothing like farmers herders clash..All we see and hear is marauding fulani herds men invading and killing indegeneous people in their land..

How many times have your read or heard that herds men were killed by farmers in Nigeria??

FYI if fulani herds men want to graze or rear their cattles down south they should face south west, after all fulanis and yorubas are one...

South east does not have any land for fulanis here, besides Oyo state is bigger than entire south east in terms of land mass (as we were meant to believe)

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by ivolt: 5:13pm On May 14, 2021
It is not Nigeria's business to solve west African problem.
Every alien criminal herder should be sent parking. No exceptions!
Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by ivolt: 5:17pm On May 14, 2021
Rosskiiku:

If you enact such a law in Nigeria, you would have to kill probably 500,000 herdsmen.

Good luck explaining that to your electorate, much less the international community.

Who are the electorate?
Nigeria has no electorate but each state and local council to themselves.
Even Buhari doesn't have to explain himself to anyone why he is so lenient on bandits.
State police will stop many of this favoritism to certain class of criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by Blue3k(m): 1:23am On Sep 15, 2021
Looks like the herdsmen have burnt more bridges. They have nobody to blame but themselves since the refuse to behave themselves.

2 Likes

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by FreedomArmy: 5:27am On Sep 15, 2021
So because of climate Change they should now kill everybody in Nigeria? The way some of you reason is unbelievable. Always giving excuses to criminality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by FreedomArmy: 5:40am On Sep 15, 2021
Rosskiiku:

That is a very evil and selfish way to look at the issue.

What if perchance God had created you a northerner?

How would you feel reading what you just typed?

so because there is unemployment and poverty in Nigeria,we all can just stroll to Canada and expect to be given jobs and permanent residence.
Herdsmen from Mali and chad who are not originally Nigeria should be given free land just because there is dessert encroachment in the Sahara? What then is the fate of the original owners of the land who inherited it from their fore fathers? You need to have your head checked. You should even given the presidential Vila and turn it to a grazing reserve.

2 Likes

Re: The Herdsmen Crisis Is A WEST AFRICAN Phenomenon Caused By Desertification by KosiGee(m): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2021
Rosskiiku:

The 'Nigerian government' is not a dictatorship to enforce any solutions, and consensus is needed in an issue like this.

The federal govt needed regional co-operation which was not forthcoming because the south saw it all as an attempted Fulani land grab and nothing else.

Fulanis are not the only people whose businesses and way of life is affected by desertification and they are not the only people rearing cows.
India is one of the most populous countries in the world and with severe reduction in grazing lands, they are number one in the world with the largest number of cows yet they have not killed off each other.
Uruguay has most cows per capita in the world and they have turned this into a blessing with good management.
New Zealand has more cows than humans and like Uruguay, this is a blessing rather than a curse.

The countries above have their ecological issues but they have managed it well. Australia has a rich dairy business and culture yet the country is also affected by desert, Botswana, South Africa and Namibia rear cows yet they have the Kalahari, US and Brazil rear cows, even Argentina is affected by the Patagonia desert yet she has remained successful in dairy business.

The Fulani issue in Nigeria can’t be compared to that of other west African countries, in Nigeria, the fulanis cause destruction to farm lands and also kill the farmers. Lately they are annexing lands and also kidnapping, raping and bringing miseries to host communities.
It’s evil to compare southern traders with Fulani herders. Yes southern traders rent shops, buy lands and build shops, they also pay taxes and other revenues.
Cattle business in Nigeria is multi billion dollar business but the fulanis want to eat their cakes and have it.
Defending their atrocities make you sound bias and compromised.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Igbos Always Support Israel. (history Facts) / Civil War II: Afamefuna, Others Blast Simon Ekpa Over War Declaration / Sai Buhari Hundreds Of Imo Youths Hailing Their Lovely President - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.