Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up (685 Views)

Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19 / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up

It was someone i met in the mechanic workshop on a chilling rainy day, who was sick, so i prayed for him to get healed after which i left.

When next I saw him, he told me that the prayer really worked, that he was healed, and also that after that prayer, he couldn't take alcohol any longer for the urge had completely disappeared.

I was quite surprised about alcohol part because i just prayed for him to get healed of his sickness, so i never expected that the prayer would also drive away the urge of taking alcohol in him.

What was quite amusing for me was the way he kept going about the alcohol part, as if it was something really unusual that happened to him since he was alcoholic, hence he was really elated about it, that he also had to share that part with me.

Earlier this year i shared on another thread, I gave seven reasons why Christians shouldn't take alcohol, one was because it a counterfeit spirit to the original which is the Holy Spirit, so what probably happened was that the counterfeit spirit, alcohol, had seen the original which was by far a superior Spirit, coming, so it had to take to its heels, as Power pass power!

https://www.nairaland.com/6379909/7-reasons-christian-should-not

It could also be that the habit was also part of what caused his sickness, so when I prayed for his healing, it also had to leave for him to get healed, even though I wasn't aware of that.

Whatever happened, I was happy for him that He got healed of his sickness and also delivered of his drinking habit.

I also learnt from his testimony, that when we yielded ourselves completely to God, He could use us to accomplish things beyond our expectations and prayers.

I prayed for his healing but God did more than what I asked for.

God bless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2021
Glory to God.
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by illicit(m): 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
Oh really

Nigerian breweries and Nigerian unemployed youths ought to get rid of u then

You are bad for business and about to increase unemployment on a large scale

Alcoholism is not spiritual, it is merely psychological

Drinking is not the problem, getting drunk is

Jesus drank

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
illicit:
Oh really

Nigerian breweries and Nigerian unemployed youths ought to get rid of u then

You are bad for business and about to increase unemployment on a large scale

Alcoholism is not spiritual, it is merely psychological

Drinking is not the problem, getting drunk is

Jesus drank
Thanks a lot. I'm also bad for the business of the devil to the glory of God, so it all makes sense.

I'm bad for the business of ritual killings, prostitution, abominable practices, stealing, cheating, corruption, homosexuality, sexual immorality, wickedness, etc.

Righteousness would increase in the land as a result and evil would decrease, so the nation would be the better for it.

Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by illicit(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Thanks a lot. I'm also bad for the business of the devil to the glory of God, so it all makes sense.

I'm bad for the business of ritual killings, prostitution, abominable practices, stealing, cheating, corruption, homosexuality, sexual immorality, wickedness, etc.

Righteousness would increase as a result and evil would decrease, so the nation would be the better for it.

Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.

Was Jesus a ritualist and a prostitute simply because he drank

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Got Me Laughing
i never expected that the prayer would also drive away the urge of taking alcohol in him.
Yeah right.
I can bet my balls, the nigga could still go back to alcohol.

Alcoholics need steady counseling, attending AA meetings so as not to fall back to alcohol.

Not everything prayer can solve, and not everything is spiritual.
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
illicit:

Was Jesus a ritualist and a prostitute simply because he drank
It's a question you should ask yourself or those as yourself who falsely accuse Him of drinking, not me that has severally debunked that lie against His Person.

I saw where you claimed to be a Christian and I was shocked.

What kind of Christian are you lying against Jesus and opposing the preaching of His gospel?

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
cchub:

Yeah right.
I can bet my balls, the nigga could still go back to alcohol.

Alcoholics need steady counseling, attending AA meetings so as not to fall back to alcohol.

Not everything prayer can solve, and not everything is spiritual.
I wouldn't be surprised myself if that happens, because even if Jesus Himself delivers someone from a bad habit or casts out a demon from a person, it depends on the person if he would remain delivered or revert back to his former state or even worse.

Hence Jesus said:

John 5:14 (KJV)

Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by illicit(m): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's a question you should ask yourself or those as yourself who falsely accuse Him of drinking, not me that has severally debunked that lie against His Person.

I saw where you claimed to be a Christian and I was shocked.

What kind of Christian are you lying against Jesus and opposing the preaching of His gospel?

You are the bad christain because you see d truth but u keep lying to please yourself
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
illicit:

You are the bad christain because you see d truth but u keep lying to please yourself
If i wasn't a bad Christian to you I would be very concerned, because it's obvious that this is not about drinking alcohol but that you're living a life of sin, hence the Truth i speak causes you much apprehension because it brings your evil deeds to light.

So do not deceive yourself that this was about drinking alcohol, but that your deeds were clearly evil, that's why you hate to hear the Truth which I speak, for instance about hell. You want to make Jesus an alcohol drinker by all means just to justify your drinking of alcohol but that would never work because it is a big lie!

You'd also hate Jesus because what I say here that makes you hate me is what Jesus would say to you if He were here.

John 3:20 (KJV)

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 7:7 (KJV)

The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Matthew 13:49-50 (KJV)

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So except you repent from your evil ways, expect to keep hating me for the Truth I speak which exposes your evil deeds.

Luke 13:3

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by illicit(m): 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If i wasn't a bad Christian to you I would be very concerned, because it's obvious that this is not about drinking alcohol but that you're living a life of sin, hence the Truth i speak causes you much apprehension because it brings your evil deeds to light.

So do not deceive yourself that this was about drinking alcohol, but that your deeds were clearly evil, that's why you hate to hear the Truth which I speak, for instance about hell. You want to make Jesus an alcohol drinker by all means just to justify your drinking of alcohol but that would never work because it is a big lie!

You'd also hate Jesus because what I say here that makes you hate me is what Jesus would say to you if He were here.

John 3:20 (KJV)

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 7:7 (KJV)

The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Matthew 13:49-50 (KJV)

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So except you repent from your evil ways, expect to keep hating me for the Truth I speak which exposes your evil deeds.

Luke 13:3

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I love Jesus

I don't hate u, don't take it personal

Peace

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
illicit:

I love Jesus

I don't hate u, don't take it personal

Peace
I don't hate you also, i just have to speak the Truth for love.

That said, you have to prove the bolded though.

John 14:21, 24 (KJV)

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:01am On Apr 18, 2021
Testimony time!
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2021
The anointing that breaks the yoke!

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by lilvicky68(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
I don't see drinking alcohol as sin..unless you get drunk.. I take alcohol and I'm not addicted to it either..
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by BRATISLAVA: 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
God bless you for this message.

Alcohol it's permitted as a medicine @lilvicky. If that is your purpose for taking it. Eg. A glass of red wine.
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by lilvicky68(m): 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
God bless you for this message.

Alcohol it's permitted as a medicine @lilvicky. If that is your purpose for taking it. Eg. A glass of red wine.
Or a bottle of beer
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by BRATISLAVA: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
lilvicky68:

Or a bottle of beer

Lol.

If it's for medicinal purposes.
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by lilvicky68(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Lol.

If it's for medicinal purposes.
Yeah..and also for financial support..I feel for the families of beer producers.. If we don't buy their beer..how will they feed their families

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
@Lalasticlala I hope you also find this testimony funny.
Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:34am On Apr 03, 2022
I serve a big big God.

1 Like

Re: The Testimony Of A Sick Alcoholic That Cracked Me Up by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2022
This fellow and fake stories, no wonder you are a Christian.

(1) (Reply)

God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" / How To Know If You Have An Incubus Or Succubus Demon Attached To You / The Nigerian God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.