Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order (13095 Views)

Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) / Goodluck Asks Buhari Questions He Cant Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Seun(m): 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
“My Dear Countrymen and Women,

I have received with great sadness the news of sporadic unrest in some parts of the country which are not unconnected with last Saturday’s elections.

I appeal to those involved to stop this unnecessary and avoidable conduct, more so at this point in time when a lot of sacrifice has been made by all the citizens of this great country in ensuring the conduct of free and fair elections.

All of us are further encouraged by the comments of the independent election monitors and observers both domestic and international on how transparent and credible the elections have been so far.

Therefore, it is with the deepest sense of responsibility that I call on all our political leaders especially the contestants to appeal to their supporters to stop further violence in the interest of stability, peace and well being of this great country.

We must not allow for the loss of any life and as I have always said, no one’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.

Please remain calm, law abiding and patriotic at this very crucial moment of our history.

Thank you and God Bless Nigeria!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/call-your-supporters-to-order-jonathan-tells-buhari/
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
The only thing the guy wanted is an outbreak of crisis  so the military can take over.I just hope somebody is keeping a tab on the nigerian army.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dellnet: 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is where I miss OBJ.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by strangleyo: 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nigeria's army's job is to impose order. Not govern.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
strangleyo:

Nigeria's army's job is to impose order. Not govern.

Did you forget the same buhari overthrow shagari's government ?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Is Buhari the Commander in chief of the armed forces?

Is Buhari responsible for the security of citizens?

This man is as clueless as ever.

In case you dont know Odechukwu, You are the commander in Chief and responsible for the security of Nigerians.

I have never seen a president shy away from his repsonsibilty like this man.

Maybe we should heed his call and pray for rioters to repent

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Eziachi: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
And where are the millions tht vote for Jonathan in those area? Aren't they meant to be in the majority. They should not allow minority to make a fool of their majority mandate.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by blacksta(m): 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
what does GEJ mean by saying that the chaos is not connected to saturday's election.   is this man deluded?

ok they are fighting over super eagles  - i see
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 7:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
I think this is the time for Buhari to show how much of a leader he could be by holding a press conference, accept defeat and talk to the supporters to move on and leave all the violence alone . . . . . Winning is not a do or die thing.
Next election, he could contest again, however, educate his supporters.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Lagosboy: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nigerians voted for this man so let them bear his stupidity.

C in C asking Buhari to call his supporters to order , shameful
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lagosboy:

Nigerians voted for this man so let them bear his stupidity.

C in C asking Buhari to call his supporters to order , shameful

You mean buhari has the right to allow the people to continue with fighting and destroy the property of the nation, all in the name of "i must rule"?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by amarula(f): 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

what does GEJ mean by saying that the chaos is not connected to saturday's election.   is this man deluded?

unconnected he said
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by yongnoble(m): 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

blacksta u be mumu or maybe u no go school? Because u for see say na "not unconnected" him talk. Ewu-Hausa
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by eros(m): 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
"F" GEJ!!! We don't need a weakling for President. Who is in charge of Nigeria   The idio.t of a President is saying the political leaders should tell their supporters to maintain peace and order. If the animals refuse to maintain peace and order, then send in troops and warships to maintain peace and order. Fuc.king kill the bastar.ds disturbing the peace of Nigeria.
This dic.khead has no balls. I wonder who calls the shot GEJ or Patience. Seriously . . . . . .  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by blacksta(m): 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
sorry - my bad
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by strangleyo: 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu:

This man is as clueless as ever.

In case you dont know Odechukwu, You are the commander in Chief and responsible for the security of Nigerians.

I have never seen a president shy away from his repsonsibilty like this man.

Maybe we should heed his call and pray for rioters to repent

Nonsense

Nigeria's security forces aren't well equipped enough to put down a massive Islamic uprising without massive loss of life.

You see, we don't have rubber bullets, batons and tazers like most well equipped security forces.

It's the Kalashnikoffs, if the supporters go home everyone is happy, if they don't, the army will massacre them and that will exacerbate the sitation.

Janathan is right to ask this of Buhari, as Buhari has shows he is VERY irresponsible.

Also, people are forgetting that there are many southerners and Christians who live in the North, and they probably voted for GEJ.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
yong_noble:

blacksta u be mumu or maybe u no go school? Because u for see say na "not unconnected" him talk. Ewu-Hausa

Make we take am easy oh
eros:

"F" GEJ!!! We don't need a weakling for President. Who is in charge of Nigeria   The idio.t of a President is saying the political leaders should tell their supporters to maintain peace and order. If they animals refuse to maintain peace and order, then send in troops and warships to maintain peace and order.

This dic.khead has no balls. I wonder who calls the shot GEJ or Patience. Seriously . . . . . .  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

So would you rather have him roll in tanks and SWAT team before the warning?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Tolulop001(f): 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
dell_net:

This is where I miss OBJ.

swear!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by moderattor: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

Please @blacksta go back to school get a degree in English language then come back and read these lines again.
How can you be calling a Phd. Holder "clueless".

"the violence, which are not unconnected to saturday's election" - Goodluck
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
moderattor:

Please @blacksta go back to school get a degree in English language then come back and read these lines again.
How can you be calling a Phd. Holder "clueless".

"the violence, which are not unconnected to saturday's election" - Goodluck

The guy has accepted his mistake . . . .
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by bababuff(m): 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

The man is not deluded. He knows what he is talking about, cos he has more information, and security reports at his disposal.
These riots are well organised and premeditated. Buhari knows he cannot win, hence we wants to punish the northern elites and
possibly get the military to take over.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by jason123: 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Eziachi:

And where are the millions tht vote for Jonathan in those area? Aren't they meant to be in the majority. They should not allow minority to make a fool of their majority mandate.
LOL. The best post I have seen today!!!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You mean buhari has the right to allow the people to continue with fighting and destroy the property of the nation, all in the name of "i must rule"?

I tire o.some people just open their mouth without thinking.I never like jonathan or pdp but he had sympathy votes from the south and north central which gave him the victory he needed.
buhari is just being sillly.there was no polling units where cases of rigging was recorded despite the fact that party agents were on ground to sign the result form and where ballot snatching or other electoral malpractices were recorded ,the results were outrightly cancelled.
Jonathan won not because he's the best thing to happen to Nigeria but because the south united for his sake irrespective of party affiliation.if buhari felt otherwise,he should go to court.simple
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by HamidO1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Make we take am easy oh
[color=#000099][b]So would you rather have him roll in tanks and SWAT team before the warning?

SWAT team under a PDP government, Better wake up if you are sleeping. Ordinary police sef we no get, MUMU
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by eros(m): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
So would you rather have him roll in tanks and SWAT team before the warning?

Yes. Let him roll in the tanks, SWAT team, Nigerian Army, Airforce, Navy and whatever force that can be used to destroy those animals up North. Even though i don't support GEJ as President, nobody has the right to destroy, kill or disturb the peace of Nigeria. . . . . Absolutely nobody.

Whoever does should be made to face the music . . . .firing squad i meant.  angry angry angry angry
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hamid O:

SWAT team under a PDP government, Better wake up if you are sleeping. Ordinary police sef we no get, MUMU

Thanks for the name calling . . . .i do appreciate it, now i hope that made you feel better and lighter?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu:

grin grin
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
eros:

Yes. Let him roll in the tanks, SWAT team, Nigerian Army, Airforce, Navy and whatever force that can be used to destroy those animals up North. Even though i don't support GEJ as President, nobody has the right to destroy, kill or disturb the peace of Nigeria. . . . . Absolutely nobody.

Whoever does should be made to face the music . . . .firing squad i meant.  angry angry angry angry

I do feel you, Pal
But i think he is doing a good job by at least extending a hand of fellowship by telling him to put his thugs to check . . . .so if nothing happened, then, they need to make arrest and convict the playa for the nation to move forward . . . . . we cant afford another "Gbagbo"
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by nich(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

“My Dear Countrymen and Women,

I have received with great sadness the news of sporadic unrest in some parts of the country which are not unconnected with last Saturday’s elections.

I appeal to those involved to stop this unnecessary and avoidable conduct, more so at this point in time when a lot of sacrifice has been made by all the citizens of this great country in ensuring the conduct of free and fair elections.

All of us are further encouraged by the comments of the independent election monitors and observers both domestic and international on how transparent and credible the elections have been so far.

Therefore, it is with the deepest sense of responsibility that I call on all our political leaders especially the contestants to appeal to their supporters to stop further violence in the interest of stability, peace and well being of this great country.

We must not allow for the loss of any life and as I have always said, no one’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.

Please remain calm, law abiding and patriotic at this very crucial moment of our history.

Thank you and God Bless  Nigeria!

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
There is nothing wrong with the statement above.

It is measured and calculated.

If Buhari was grown up enough to accept his clear defeat, there wont be all this rancour.

Goodluck Jonathan would have certainly instructed security forces to try to contain the violence, more force may be needed later but for now the statement is in order.

I only hope he made the statement himself on live TV. That is what a C-in-C does.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by HamidO1(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for the name calling . . . .i do appreciate it, now i hope that made you feel better and lighter?

Yes I feel better. People just talk anyhow. Mstchew!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Dave6: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
Quote from Dayokannu
Is Buhari the Commander in chief of the armed forces? Is Buhari responsible for the security of citizens?
This man is as clueless as ever.  In case you dont know Odechukwu, You are the commander in  Chief and responsible for the security of Nigerians.
I have never seen a president shy away from his repsonsibilty  like this man. Maybe we should heed his call and pray for rioters to repent Nonsense

So because GEJ is the CinC any iidiot can incite/promote violence or lawlessness as long as there is a CinC.
buhari shouldn't be told to call his hoodlums to order?

Reason it this way: your neighbours wayward children come into your house to violate your family members. So what well-meaning people should be asking you would be: is your neighbour responsible for the security of your home?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tax: Nigeria’s New Oil? / Femi Adesina Accuses Opposition Of Widespread Killings In Nigeria / Saraki: PDP Must Win North-central Zone If It Wants To Return To Power In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.