Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order (13109 Views)

Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) / Goodluck Asks Buhari Questions He Cant Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by luluosas(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
.Nigeria warned over rise in pre-election violence
Security forces are not providing adequate protection to those monitoring the election

© © AP/PA Photo/George Osodi

The Special Anti-Robbery Squad police station in Abuja is known as 'the abattoir'

© Amnesty International

18 March 2011

Amnesty International has urged the Nigerian authorities to act to stem a rising tide of political, ethnic and religious violence that risks threatening the stability of April elections.

The short report entitled Loss of life, insecurity and impunity in the run up to Nigeria’s elections highlights how hundreds of people have been killed in politically-motivated, communal and sectarian violence across Nigeria ahead of presidential and parliamentary polls.

Authorities have failed to bring suspected perpetrators to justice, or to prevent further human rights abuses. Investigations are infrequent and often inadequate. Hardly anyone has been convicted for the killings.

"The Nigerian authorities must act to protect people's lives and all political candidates should denounce violence and tell their supporters to campaign peacefully," said Amnesty International's Deputy Director for Africa, Tawanda Hondora.

"Candidates should tell voters what they will do to stop the senseless killings and improve security and justice in Nigeria. The Presidential Debate on Friday 18 March is an excellent opportunity to make such a commitment."

In one of the worst episodes of violence, a bomb attack in Jos on 24 December 2010, killed about 80 people. The attack, which was later claimed by the Boko Haram armed religious sect, also sparked months of reprisals between different ethnic and religious groups in Plateau state that left at least another 120 people dead.

One resident told Amnesty International that authorities had not done enough to prevent the attacks in Jos, saying "there were clear signals that something was going to happen but [the security forces] were not on ground."

Another said during the violence "it's chaos, there are people going round on motorbikes, they ride into a community and throw [bombs]."

More than 50 people have also been killed since July 2010 in violence directly related to elections. Human rights defenders, who will play a key role in monitoring the April election, are facing increased threats and violence with no adequate protection from the security forces.

Despite these deaths, there have been no national campaigns against election violence, and very few arrests.

The authorities have also failed to competently prosecute those responsible for the Jos and Plateau State violence, and the results of previous government investigations into reasons behind the violence have never been made public.

In Borno state, in the northeast of the country, Boko Haram has been blamed for attacks on security forces, government officials and religious leaders. More than 50 people, including bystanders, have been killed since July 2010.

The security forces have reacted with wide ranging abuses such as enforced disappearance, extrajudicial execution, and sweeping arbitrary detention.

A local resident told Amnesty International "After the killings [by Boko Haram]… they come and arrest all those people around [the area]… Now, if an incident happened in an area you will see most of the neighbours packing out of the area."

Another resident described his detention as a Boko Haram suspect: "We were taken to SARS [Special Anti-Robbery Squad], Abuja. It's known as the abattoir… we were not alive. We had no food, no water… One cell held about 45 of us… There were five small children there too."

Poor police investigation is undermining efforts to bring suspected perpetrators to justice.

Amnesty International is urging political parties and candidates to put justice, security and human rights at the heart of the election campaign, in order to break Nigeria's nationwide cycle of violence.

"When no-one is brought to justice for violence, this sends the message that you can get away with murder," said Tawanda Hondora.

Source: http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/report/nigeria-warned-over-rise-pre-election-violence-2011-03-18
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Cue(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2011
This is d final statement from d meeting of the Militants in d niger delta,

“Very importantly, we want all Nigerians and the international community to understand that if a Niger Deltan cannot be accepted to legitimately govern Nigeria despite our contribution to the economic well-being of the country, we shall not allow a non-Niger Deltan to rule over our resources,” the communiqué concluded.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by abacus(m): 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2011
Like Poser like his Principal? What a post?

Who owns SSS, NSA, POLICE, ARMY etc.

Yoruba will say "Owo o ma go!!!" - meaning Money miss road!!! Id!ots fit get rich.

The money wey dem give you, say make you dey spread false news and rumour? the blood of innocents will not make you use am do good. Insha allah, IJN.

DON'T SPREAD RUMOUR, IT'S KILLING AND IT'S WAR ON IT OWN.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
Omooba77:

I'm sure you are writing from the comfort of your office or room. If you have a relation in the north you will be sane atleast for some seconds. There is a problem let us look for solution instead of aportioning blame.

Most of d pple on here yarning opps have no relatives in the trouble spots. angry
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Okijajuju1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should by executive order, issue a shoot-at-sight command to the security agents whilst imposing a dusk till dawn curfew in all the states affected, And if necessary declare a state of emergency in those states, These Almajiri coc.k-suckers need to recognize who's boss, He no longer has anything to fear so let him release his inner militant, The north need to be made to understand that we are in charge now and we won't hesitate to do to any comunity or group of people the same thing that was done to the people of Odi, If it had the power to make these decisions, the North will not rule this country till we turn 100, They need to be humbled and that thought of them being the superior tribe deleted from their psyche,
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by booboo79: 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
This is wat you get when you v a dumb stub as C in C
Buhari shld called his supporters to order! I dey laugh oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Like Obama telling Gadaffi to call his killing squad to order grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyways we all voted to GEJ, so wel ive with it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Akosbaba(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
The only call they need is the ones they'll be making to their families after long prison sentences
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by sley4life(m): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2011
i would send dat dude called Buhari 2 Jail if found he instigated the riot
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by IykeD1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2011

This is wat you get when you v a dumb stub as C in C
Buhari shld called his supporters to order! I dey laugh oooo Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Like Obama telling Gadaffi to call his killing squad to order Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Anyways we all voted to GEJ, so wel ive with it Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You can deploy deadly force against your citizens if warranted, but should that be the first option?
Wouldn't it be preferrable to ask a man who hold considerable influence over his supporters to
renounce violence before sending them to their graves?

What is it costing GEJ to speak those words? Shouldn't you be proud that you have a leader whose
first and only recourse is not the use of deadly force? Guess what, these are some of the reasons
Jonathan won big.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by agabaI23(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2011
Iyke-D:

You can deploy deadly force against your citizens if warranted, but should that be the first option?
Wouldn't it be preferrable to ask a man who hold considerable influence over his supporters to
renounce violence before sending them to their graves?

What is it costing GEJ to speak those words? Shouldn't you be proud that you have a leader whose
first and only recourse is not the use of deadly force? Guess what, these are some of the reasons
Jonathan won big.  

I know you were against GEJ but it is refreshing to see you write this.
Well done!

below he receives his certificate of return

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by gadogado(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
Okija_juju:

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should by executive order, issue a shoot-at-sight command to the security agents whilst imposing a dusk till dawn curfew in all the states affected,  And if necessary declare a state of emergency in those states,  These Almajiri coc.k-suckers need to recognize who's boss,  He no longer has anything to fear so let him release his inner militant,  The north need to be made to understand that we are in charge now and we won't hesitate to do to any comunity or group of people the same thing that was done to the people of Odi,  If it had the power to make these decisions, the North will not rule this country till we turn 100,  They need to be humbled and that thought of them being the superior tribe deleted from their psyche,

HAHAHAAHA you're a funny guy, good luck with that, i doubt that'll ever happen if you know the north! I think the country just needs to be split in two! that would be great!!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by IykeD1(m): 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2011

I know you were against GEJ but it is refreshing to see you write this.
Well done!

below he receives his certificate of return

Sorry, but I think you got the wrong person. I have been coming to Nairaland since 2006, but I have been
merely lurking around the last couple of years. I don't remember posting much if anything at all about the
this election or the candidates.  

That said, in spite of his flaws, I thought GEJ was the better candidate. I was a big fan of Ribadu (as EFCC
chairman), but I knew he had no business running for the presidency. I was always wary of Buhari, I saw him
as being too parochial in his world view, not fit for the times. That said, I see him as a very honorable man and
I am hoping he can rise to the occasion and accept defeat honorably.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Siony(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
what GEJ said is the best and for me , this is what a matured candidate should do. after the warning if the goats to Stop.
then we start the '' Gbisha-gbisha, ghsse, boo boo bo crar crar toshhhh
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by elikiba(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2011
My Close Friends i have lost, so you all supporting any of the candidate of last election should stop for a second and try to have a sense to reason and also wonder what if this people where your relations.

Good day my fellow nairalanders for those of you who will see my post as offensive please bear with me, Tomi is the first  son and the only male child of his family with 2 other little siblings looking up to him , his parents are uneducated. they struggled to put Tomi through school to become a graduate, despite all our economic odds. only to be killed by the Nigeria's Government insensitivity towards security reports, A government that provides nothing but take the lives of our love one all in the name of Religious violence and ethnic violence which can be curtail if our security operatives are adequately  funded. As of this morning with out exaggeration we have lost more than 12 corpers here in bauchi i don't know of other northern state. All this is in their bid to get into power our loves ones has been sacrificed when all their children are abroad schooling. they proclaim a peaceful election when we are in tears here in the north for our brothers and sisters that have been killed in a violence that can be avoided if only security report were taken seriously. From the bombings going ever since before the election and the one that took place the night before election it is enough to put all security agency on alert but i guess that is not a problem to them after all they have been declared the winner so all security personnels can go back to their various position. On the other hand the losers did not behave themselves as through statesmen, the three of the big losers are from the north so no body should peg it on buhari alone they ought to come out and give a statement to their illiterate youth they keep deceiving all in the name of religion and zoning. Do our youth have to die all our top citizens, They made no provision for our protection and safety, it is no surprise that they do not care about us dead or alive.

So you all supporting GEJ or Buhari stop and ask your self if your child, sister, brother or friend was among the victims we are seeing here would you be in support of any of the 2 or clamour for all graduate to serve in their own state since our life can not be protected by our government.

Attched is the picture  Tomisin Teidy who used to serve with me here in bauchi until yesterday, he graduated from Unilorin studied computer science  the girl name is Lami from Auchi she is serving in Kebbi state.

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Gbenge77(m): 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2011
Is Buhari the president?Cant GEJ take responsibility?This guy really pissed me off.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by leugyang(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Its ok guys HIS EXCELLENCY  GEJ HAS WON. Can we now talk about how the next 4 or eight years will be like. I think that is whats most important because the election is just the icing on the cake. undecided
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by agabaI23(m): 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2011
elikiba:

My Close Friends i have lost, so you all supporting any of the candidate of last election should stop for a second and try to have a sense to reason and also wonder what if this people where your relations.

Good day my fellow nairalanders for those of you who will see my post as offensive please bear with me, Tomi is the first  son and the only male child of his family with 2 other little siblings looking up to him , his parents are uneducated. they struggled to put Tomi through school to become a graduate, despite all our economic odds. only to be killed by the Nigeria's Government insensitivity towards security reports, A government that provides nothing but take the lives of our love one all in the name of Religious violence and ethnic violence which can be curtail if our security operatives are adequately  funded. As of this morning with out exaggeration we have lost more than 12 corpers here in bauchi i don't know of other northern state. All this is in their bid to get into power our loves ones has been sacrificed when all their children are abroad schooling. they proclaim a peaceful election when we are in tears here in the north for our brothers and sisters that have been killed in a violence that can be avoided if only security report were taken seriously. From the bombings going ever since before the election and the one that took place the night before election it is enough to put all security agency on alert but i guess that is not a problem to them after all they have been declared the winner so all security personnels can go back to their various position. On the other hand the losers did not behave themselves as through statesmen, the three of the big losers are from the north so no body should peg it on buhari alone they ought to come out and give a statement to their illiterate youth they keep deceiving all in the name of religion and zoning. Do our youth have to die all our top citizens, They made no provision for our protection and safety, it is no surprise that they do not care about us dead or alive.

So you all supporting GEJ or Buhari stop and ask your self if your child, sister, brother or friend was among the victims we are seeing here would you be in support of any of the 2 or clamour for all graduate to serve in their own state since our life can not be protected by our government.

Attched is the picture  Tomisin Teidy who used to serve with me here in bauchi until yesterday, he graduated from Unilorin studied computer science  the girl name is Lami from Auchi she is serving in Kebbi state.
RIP
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by focusxo4: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
I thought,Goodluck had done the best.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by cogsej06(m): 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
why on earth will my country fail to realise that violence does no one ay good. we all suported our different canditates before the elections but after such pls lets just try n work together to move the country forward. Buhari should pls call his teaming supporters to other n always remain that noble man we all no him to be. thanks n God bless Nigeria
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by rasputinn(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2011
[size=24pt]BUHARI;SORE LOSER AND TYRANT[/size]
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Estyrhema(f): 10:09am On Apr 20, 2011
as for me, i think GEJ should mobilize the military, militants and every other mili, something that will show these hoodlums what war is. it is high time we taught these Muslim guys a lesson they won't forget in a hurry!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by phantom23: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2011
Another reason why i would never see buhari as a leader for nigeria? na by force to rule?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by mrperfect(m): 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2011
I think this Advice is a welcome one.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by mrperfect(m): 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2011
I think this Advice is a welcome one.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by adaybayor(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2011
as for me, i think GEJ should mobilize the military, militants and every other mili, something that will show these hoodlums what war is. it is high time we taught these Muslim guys a lesson they won't forget in a hurry!!!!

u are in total mental disillusn, why must u bring religion into egerytin dumb a***********sss
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Estyrhema(f): 10:54am On Apr 29, 2011
u are in total mental disillusn, why must u bring religion into egerytin dumb a***********sss

i don't think u value the lives of these corpers serving and dying in their fatherland. Wat r u trying to insinuate? GOD!! how can ppl be so insensitive?!!! i don't even believe u r in nig to make such a statement, u should be telling urslf dat*in bold* cos u don't have feelings!! douchebag!!!! tongue
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by agabaI23(m): 11:24am On Apr 29, 2011
Iyke-D:

Sorry, but I think you got the wrong person. I have been coming to Nairaland since 2006, but I have been
merely lurking around the last couple of years. I don't remember posting much if anything at all about the
this election or the candidates.  

That said, in spite of his flaws, I thought GEJ was the better candidate. I was a big fan of Ribadu (as EFCC
chairman), but I knew he had no business running for the presidency. I was always wary of Buhari, I saw him
as being too parochial in his world view, not fit for the times. That said, I see him as a very honorable man and
I am hoping he can rise to the occasion and accept defeat honorably.
OK smiley
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by XueRengui: 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
Urchins
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Rexyl(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / Governor Ganduje Denies 5Million Dollars Bribe Allegations / 2023: We Will Bring Prominent Leaders, Youths Into PDP - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.