Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (19670 Views)

Oscar Onyema Marries Annette At 52 (Photo) / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours / How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by spy24(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2021
[quote author=athaboi post=100579931]They will soon bring one mallam to scatter Nigeria Stock Exchange! Just watch who replaces him [/quote

Lwkmd

Guy no be lie Sha those guys have an impaired sense of reasoning they are. Not objective at all

One of the reasons why Nigeria is this messed up now is because they make up over 80% of top government position
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by bigcee(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
They will soon bring one mallam to scatter Nigeria Stock Exchange! Just watch who replaces him
grin grin grin
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Ahmerdibnz: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2021
Some people are just lucky,
Imagine being a CEO for 10yrs and at young age.�

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by 96ACE: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2021
Respect to you big man
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Duplexxx: 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2021
It is well
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by salt1: 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
Yankee101:

Convert to dollars

Find exchanges rates pre and post

Then recalculate to see the decline

At least it appreciated!
Let me wish Nasiru congratulations as he replaces this man and destroys what he spent ten years to build and keep.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by millionboi(m): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
10years no be 10days
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by SmartPolician: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
Johnbosco77:
Na economic positions dem go rush give Igbo man......
Yeye people....

Stop nagging.
Dem give, you complain.
Dem no give, you wail!
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Confirmedzombie: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ndigbo has completed their 10yrs tenure. It's now the turn of the North to produce the CEO.

I urge the Northerners to resist any attempt to short charge them here.

Let other tribes lead the NSE. It's not ndigbo property

Only Ndigbo for the past 30yrs have been producing the CEO

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by wink2015(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
Princedapace:
Quota system person will take over the place.

Those people only occupy FG agencies. They can't compete it private sector. grin

aboki
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by SmartPolician: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
Ndigbo has completed their 10yrs tenure. It's now the turn of the North to produce the CEO.

Don't worry; a northerner is already on the way.
No be Buhari again? grin
BTW, I like to see young people run agencies and departments of government, such as the appointment of the EFCC boss.
It gives many people hope in a way they cannot explain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by odomanis: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2021
Yankee101:

Convert to dollars

There is no decline, it still came out positive despite the economic turbulence, reason he is being applauded.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by UNCL3(m): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
Good afternoon guys, please stream my new song link in signature. No regrets on your data. Thanks.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by CSTRR: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2021
Confirmedzombie:

You didn't talk about the numbers and output they have been giving

If it's not broke why fix it except you just want quota system as usual that only favours the north

I am waiting for you to also cry why fulanis are FCT chairmen since ages, why customs etc are for fulani

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by donfruit(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
Complete not quit
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by CSTRR: 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
Mikecold:
You didn't talk about the numbers and output they have been giving

If it's not broke why fix it except you just want quota system as usual that only favours the north

I am waiting for you to also cry why fulanis are FCT chairmen since ages, why customs etc are for fulani
There are some posts you are supposed to ignore.

You already know they don't have Sense.
They just want to be controversial.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by ojayone(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
They will soon bring one mallam to scatter Nigeria Stock Exchange! Just watch who replaces him
they guy is on his way out, someone Buhari has forget in that position, now he is exposing himself

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Mayeldah(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
The terrorist in Aso Rock will soon appoint one Adamu or Mohammed to destroy what Onyema built for years.

UK COVID-21, we need your help. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by deenee: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:

Tribal sentiments will take us no where. Also try and keep abreast of events in the country .

NSE has just completed the process of demutualisation and has three operating entities namely NGX Limited, NGX REGCO and NGX RELCO all of which will report to a Holdco called NGX Limited and guess who the GCEO of NGX Limited is .......Oscar Onyema

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by FirstCounsel(m): 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
grin
athaboi:
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by omooba2015(m): 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2021
Later he will join politics . Last career
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by deenee: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
It is obvious from the comments here that alot don't read or are not abreast with relevant events in the country and just basically digest junk news daily.

I also pray that the tribal sentiments don't destroy us all.

Oscar still is the Head of the stock exchange

Y'all please go and read up the demutualisation of the NSE.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by reversedrolez: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
Yankee101:

Convert to dollars

At last a smart person. In reality considering exchange rates and purchasing power parity, I would say the NSE lost about 15-25% value in market cap during the time period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Chiboto414: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nigeria still have some young and sharp mind people that can lead this country instead of all these old cargoes we are seeing around there now..chai who do we offend in this country?? GOd have mercy on us ijn..Amen
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by deenee: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
Elsueno:
grin

NSE is an enigma, it doesn't work like other stock exchanges as in bad news or good news doesn't necessarily move the stock prices up or down.

Amazing ain't it grin

Less than 10 of the total listed stocks on the NSE account for over 90% of market liquidity with Dangote Cem, MTNN, GTB, Zenith, BUA Cement and AirtelNGN accounting for over 65% of market capitalization

Also, the free float for these afore mentioned stocks is less then 25% because the rest 75% are owned directly or indirectly by the founders and MD/CEOs of these companies or by Institutional Investors on a long term basis.

This structure already on its own is an anomaly and creates an imperfect market situation.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Patrioticman007(m): 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
Militant30:
if the foolanis like themselves I will not blame them because the Ibos are the most greedy sets of people, Here in Ph, Immediately an Ibos man sees his brother progressing in a specific location he will meet the landlord of the stall to give him the place at a higher rate above the one his Ibos brother is paying, this is what I noticed when one came to meet my uncle that he is interested in the shop his brother is occupying,
the same to army,if an Ibo man meet his brother in the military the officer will pretend never to know him but an Hausa/Fulani will help his brother even when he is wrong.

Give an Ibo man Nigerian Army, Police, Navy free form to share He will go home and sale it to the highest bidder so why blaming a Fulani man?

Truly you know them.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by BarrElChapo(m): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
We know who will replace him
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by omoadeleye(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
fnep2smooth:
Nice one...
From 10 trillion to 38 trillion.

Don't mind them, in fact, the 38 trillionon of today is equivalent to the 10 trillion of last ten years.

So, no shii he achieved.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by JohnSin97: 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
Phock2sweet:
yoruba amaka

Oscar is a flatin0
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by walkwithgod(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
AGBA OWO STOCK EXCHANGE !!!
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by SmartPolician: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2021
ojayone:
they guy is on his way out, someone Buhari has forget in that position, now he is exposing himself

Nah.

Before your tenure expires, some persons are already jostling to replace you. It's just natural.
Those are the people who alert the authorities to get a replacement, especially your subordinates.

He has done a sterling job at the exchange. Many companies will be lining up to give him a very good position if he's not reappointed; that's if he will continue working for Nigerian companies.

He may decide to set up his firm or join a foreign company. He is one of the privileged Nigerians. However, he has proven his mettle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Open An Online Stock Brokerage Account To Trade The American Markets / Do You Know About ARM Investment? Kindly Advice Me Before I Invest / Investment Idea Needed. I Have N3m Idle Fund To Invest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.