Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (19490 Views)

Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange / Oscar Onyema Marries Annette At 52 (Photo) / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by mrfree(m): 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
They will soon bring one mallam to scatter Nigeria Stock Exchange! Just watch who replaces him
this one touch me o
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Ezmans: 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
They will soon bring one mallam to scatter Nigeria Stock Exchange! Just watch who replaces him
true talk, am expecting abdulahi or idris
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Gharial: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
If ndigbo had any sense at all they'd build this guy up and present him as the next president.

It's their turn afterall, but greed will not allow them to think properly
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Cousin9999: 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
Militant30:
if the foolanis

lol
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by dfrost: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
Yankee101:

Convert to dollars

Find exchange rates pre and post

Then recalculate to see the decline

There was actually no decline. I did the maths and it amounted to 20% increase. USD to NGN was at 153 in January 2011.

Kudos to a good effort to people that do their work. This is despite the recessions we face faced recently in Nigeria.

Maybe I don't know economics but someone else can counter it.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by dfrost: 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
deenee:

Tribal sentiments will take us no where. Also try and keep abreast of events in the country .

NSE has just completed the process of demutualisation and has three operating entities namely NGX Limited, NGX REGCO and NGX RELCO all of which will report to a Holdco called NGX Limited and guess who the GCEO of NGX Limited is .......Oscar Onyema

You tried to even explain. Reason why most people think these top guys stay at the top - most people come online and savage each on Twitter meanwhile reading and keeping abreast of what is happening, they won't.

The NGX Real Estate Ltd. is something I'm looking forward to. Real estate in Nigeria is largely untapped.

I comment less on NL these days because some folks will misjudge your comment, some won't even understand the comment while a few, just a handful will understand and get the message.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by chikason22(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
DennisEche:
SEE CORRECT MAN WEY SUPPOSE BE CBN GOVERNOR INSTEAD OF THAT EMEFIELE.
JUST WAIT AND SEE ONE ADAMU TAKES OVER AND REVERSE 38 TRILLION TO 3.8 TRILLION.CHAI GOD WHY
hahahahaha abeg make una pity me for laff. Lolz. LWKM. But you guys are right. Nepotism is killing this country faster.

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by FuckHomophobes: 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
Oscar the boss. I've got eyes for one of your staffs sha. The dude nah spec grin.

Yea, I look up to you sir
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Hotguy27: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:

They leave this type of business for those who know how to do it.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Yankee101: 12:38am On Apr 08, 2021
dfrost:

There was actually no decline. I did the maths and it amounted to 20% increase. USD to NGN was at 153 in January 2011.

Kudos to a good effort to people that do their work. This is despite the recessions we face faced recently in Nigeria.

Maybe I don't know economics but someone else can counter it.

You're assuming $1 in 2011 is the same as $1 in 2021. Sorry buddy. Best of luck with what you think you know about Macro Economics

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by dfrost: 8:43am On Apr 08, 2021
Yankee101:

You're assuming $1 in 2011 is the same as $1 in 2021. Sorry buddy. Best of luck with what you think you know about Macro Economics

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com

I would have thought you would correct me with Nigeria's inflation rate but then.

Like I said, I'm open to learning and since you don't know my standard of measurement please provide a superior or contrary opinion with a cap.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by sayisayi(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2021
Militant30:
if the foolanis like themselves I will not blame them because the Ibos are the most

Only those who have packed their brains with that bbq vulture meat will enjoy the rantings of a guy who has never left his waterside village in ph.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Yankee101: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2021
dfrost:

I would have thought you would correct me with Nigeria's inflation rate but then.

Like I said, I'm open to learning and since you don't know my standard of measurement please provide a superior or contrary opinion with a cap.

When you use Nigeria's inflation you've lost big money

When we want to invest in emerging markets we factor in the rate of return in nominal terms, real cost of money at various times (entry and exit/tenure) and country risks.

The higher the country risk the higher the rate of return

To give you a perspective of how poorly the stock market did, if you fixed your money in ANY nigerian bank for only 4 years at today's interest rates you'll compound more than the 20%. At 2011's interest rates you need less than 24 months. Remember that's fixed income, just like treasuries. In an investment portfolio stocks in emerging markets are one of your riskiest and should never yield below fixed income assets.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by omoadeleye(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2021
DeFixer:

Please can you show us how you arrived at this conclusion?

Newboss:

Not true. Do some basic maths

Check the meaning of compound factor
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by dfrost: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2021
Yankee101:

When you use Nigeria's inflation you've lost big money

When we want to invest in emerging markets we factor in the rate of return in nominal terms, real cost of money at various times (entry and exit/tenure) and country risks.

The higher the country risk the higher the rate of return

To give you a perspective of how poorly the stock market did, if you fixed your money in ANY nigerian bank for only 4 years at today's interest rates you'll compound more than the 20%. At 2011's interest rates you need less than 24 months. Remember that's fixed income, just like treasuries. In an investment portfolio stocks in emerging markets are one of your riskiest and should never yield below fixed income assets.

Okay. That's better. Thanks for the explanation.

In broader terms, what's the percentage loss/gain between 2011/2021 taking the 10trillion and 38trillion into perspective?
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Yankee101: 11:09am On Apr 08, 2021
dfrost:

Okay. That's better. Thanks for the explanation.

In broader terms, what's the percentage loss/gain between 2011/2021 taking the 10trillion and 38trillion into perspective?

Now you're asking me to make an investment analysis

That's where I make the big bucks

If you ever need to allocate substantial resources in a prudent manner, then we'll talk my fees. And you're welcome sir
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by dfrost: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
Yankee101:

Now you're asking me to make an investment analysis

That's where I make the big bucks

If you ever need to allocate substantial resources in a prudent manner, then we'll talk my fees. And you're welcome sir

Yankee cheesy grin now you have killed me. For Pete's sake we still talking about the impact of the NSE honcho, Onyema. cheesy grin

On where on earth will I get NGN10.00 not to talk of NGN10trillion shocked embarassed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Yankee101: 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2021
dfrost:

Yankee cheesy grin now you have killed me. For Pete's sake we still talking about the impact of the NSE honcho, Onyema. cheesy grin

On where on earth will I get NGN10.00 not to talk of NGN10trillion shocked embarassed lipsrsealed cry

Have faith bro

You fit be minister, governor or dangote take over tomorrow

Just remember say i fit manage the money for you, your state or ministry when e come
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by dfrost: 8:17pm On Apr 08, 2021
Yankee101:

Have faith bro

You fit be minister, governor or dangote take over tomorrow

Just remember say i fit manage the money for you, your state or ministry when e come

cheesy grin I don't want any of the above. Public lifestyle is no longer for me. sad
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by charlsecy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
fnep2smooth:
From 10 trillion to 38 trillion.
Put N10 trillion into Dollars as at 2011's values; then convert N38 trillion into Dollars at the prevailing rates. Check if there is an actual growth, or a decline.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? / Nigeria Stock Market Among The Top 5 Global Performers In 2017: CNN / Investment Idea Needed. I Have N3m Idle Fund To Invest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.