Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,526 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega (25647 Views)

Buhari And Osinbajo Flaunt Their Certificates Of Return Issued By Jega (photos) / PDP's Orubebe Disrupts Results Announcement By Jega / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Odunnu: 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
GOODLUCK NIGERIA
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Ellahdarrell(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
Finally neva do well gudluck hav won as president. Nija i hail oh
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by mansmith(m): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
gej is the winner
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Abali1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
Congratualtions to JEG. Good work JEGA. Wishing all Nigerians Goodluck in the next four years. I may not support PDP, but I  have nothing against Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Afterall am an Ibo and the Ijaws are our neighbours and all my family members support him, though mainly out of sentiments rather than issues.
Goodluct has been returned as president elect of Nigeria.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by olokun(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
goodluck jonathan finally won and become the new president of new nigeria !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Kilode1: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Seun:

Yeah, Goodluck won and the margin was no joke. That's the power of money & tribe, I guess.

I hope people understand what you are saying because it is absolutely 100% correct.

There are two factors in Nigerian politics: Money + {Tribalism|Ethnic bigotry|Religion|Regionalism} <-- different sides of the same cube IMO.

Control more of both and you win. If you have the federal Oil money but lose the tribal/religion battle, you may still lose or at least get a war on your hands, you need to have a majority of both.

GEJ got the federal money part down and competed well on the Ethnic/religion sentiment side(SE+SS+SW+Christian)

We are a sectionalized country of different flavors and ideas. We will never get a fair playing field until we restructure this country and devolve power to the local regions, including local control of resources, politics(No more Federal power for most parastatals, water, roads, electricity) and security(state police) + more.

You cannot force unity. Ensuring justice, equity and self determination is better for Nigeria.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by tunde300us(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
They shld have left this announcement till after all youth corpers have been safely back to their homes,am sure this announcement will start another riot tomorrow again.
And buhari not accepting this result will make it worse,i think the man should just help this country by going on live TV to stop his supporters from taking the law into their hands.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by olokun(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
goodluck jonathan finally won and become the new president of new nigeria !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by jenuel: 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Congratulations NIGERIA
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by otokx(m): 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
The difference is clear between the CPC agent and the PDP agent being interviewed by the AIT crew.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by muami(m): 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
goodluck nigeria!!!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by cireleh(m): 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
Our President has won himself another 4 years in office and inasmuch as I am unhappy about this I want to appeal to our brothers in the North to put an end to the senseless killings and destruction of private properties going on there.

Jonathan has not won fairly in my opinion. The figures from the south south, south east are so ridiculous! Some of these states had Jonathan getting over 90% of votes cast! I am highly disappointed at reasons why some pple voted Jonathan. Most of the voters I spoke to voted based on ethnic lines. I remember my uncle telling me that I should vote for Jonathan because if he doesnt get the presidency than it will take us another 25 years to get there!

Personally I have nothing against Jonathan as a person, I just think he
Getting 4 years is a very big mistake as he is not only clueless on what to do to make Nigeria work but he lacks the political will to make the necessary changes we need to see. I hope I am wrong though.

I can very well predict our next minister of Health in the person of Iyabo Obasanjo. Maybe Alams and Ibori will also be in the list too. Its also possible for him to bring in Thieves like Tafa Balogun to head the Police ministry. Time will tell
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by lagoshost(m): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
I am voting GOODLUCK JONATHAN because I am LITERATE and ENLIGHTENED.

Best quote
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gomeek(f): 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
Goodluck 2 NAIJA.me tinks nigerians voted 4 gej n nt Pdp(of course not!).we probly went 4 d angel we barely know than d devil we've known.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is insane, some guys just chase an Hausa man into our compound, but then no beat am, but then drag am go away, I do not support this, it is very sad! I wish someone can do something, but I can't get in between cos I am just a visitor here
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by vicenzo(m): 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is miracle,infact its wonderful,i no fit SHOUT O.
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN,
Where is duncan mighty?
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by skeed19: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
by the power vested on me, in the absence of jega, i hereby declare goodluck ebele jonathan as the president elect of the federal republic of nigeria. so therefore, the northerners can go to hell.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by shagaman: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
Can someone please tell me what my candidate score, Rev Chris okotie

lets move Nigeria from this  Satonic Lugubrious state of Dismal Pismal and Catastrophic Happenstance, smiley
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by naijaking1: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
Goodluck to Nigeria and Nigerians
The meaning of this election result is that no matter where you may be from in Nigeria, no matter what your native language might be, and no matter what religion you might profess, you have a decent opportunity of becoming the president of this country.
This is actually the foundation laying event in the democratic process of the nation.
Congratulations to Nigeria grin
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Debroslink: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
AND SO ANOTHER 4-YEAR SOAP OPERA BEGINS

I JUST HOPE IT'S GONA BE ONE DAT WILL BRING POSITIVE CHANGES IN OUR BELOVED COUNTRY!!!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by MeGaStReEt: 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
UP GEJ

Buhari, tell me who is your daddy? IWLMBT
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by honeric01(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
odiaero:

^^So who won, have they declared the winner ?

GEJ won

Now, as a Nigerian, i expect light fixed starting from now till 2015 ( i need nothing less than 10,000MW before mid 2012.)

Roads built

Our federal universities raised to a higher standard and not the current glorified secondary schools we have

Water is needed too

FOOD for all, it's an embarrassment for 70% Nigerians to still  live below $1 per day, this needs to be cut down to at least 40% in 4 years.

Security for all, we cannot pray for rioters to repent, do your job, bring in security agents when needed, recruit and retrain the security agents, borrow from CPC's manifesto, introduce state and community police.

Now that you are from the ND, push for TRUE FEDERALISM, please push for the cut down of govt spending, reduce the salaries of these criminals in the assemblies (IF POSSIBLE).

And lastly (which i know he cant do), FIGHT corruption!

Coming with more later after you must have at least done half of what i have on the list.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by KokoBeware: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
CONGRATS!! and GOOODLUCK to NIGERIA,
, FRESH AIR!!!!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by solomonwal: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
Once again Muhamadu Buhari has shown that he is a bad loser, self centered and arrogant. He rejected the result of the election because he lost in the south but it obvious he won the whole of the north except for plateau, benue and Kwara. He needs to accept defeat in good spirit and put the national interest before his selfish ambition. This election has shown a clear and proper way the Nigerian state should be divided to ensure lasting peace. The national fault line has been revealed I only wish we could be courageous like the SUDAN nation to embrace the fact that Nigerian nation as it is, is not workable. when a section of the nation gives religious interpretation to a national election, throw caution to the wind and start burning churches. Are churches own or run by PDP? Let us remember it was the same party PDP that brought Yaradua into power. Can someone please tell me the link between PDP wining in the south and burning churches in the north.

What we need Nigeria is a referendum to discussed wether we want to remain as one nation or wether we like to go the Sudan way north and southern Nigeria. This discussion should be on the table and we should not be afraid of discussing the future of Nigeria as two sovereign nations at peace with itself. This is the time for referendum in order to put a stop to continuous destruction of lives and properties of soutrherners who lives in the north.  

The concept of one Nigeria is a forced nationhood and it has undermine the growth and development of this nation since independence. Let us peacefully without war split Nigeria into two nations  norther Nigeria and southern Nigeria,
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by jmaine: 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
honeric01:

GEJ won

Now, as a Nigerian, i expect light fixed starting from now till 2015 ( i need nothing less than 10,000MW before mid 2012.)

Roads built

Our federal universities raised to a higher standard and not the current glorified secondary schools we have

Water is needed too

FOOD for all, it's an embarrassment for 70% Nigerians to still  live below $1 per day, this needs to be cut down to at least 40% in 4 years.

Security for all, we cannot pray for rioters to repent, do your job, bring in security agents when needed, recruit and retrain the security agents, borrow from CPC's manifesto, introduce state and community police.

Now that you are from the ND, push for TRUE FEDERALISM, please push for the cut down of govt spending, reduce the salaries of these criminals in the assemblies (IF POSSIBLE).

And lastly (which i know he cant do), FIGHT corruption!

Coming with more later after you must have at least done half of what i have on the list.

The emboldened was what the disgraced and tearful general only wanted to achieve in 4 years while the rest on your list were clearly not his intentions . .so why this sudden demand when your candidate was grossly lacking in all  cheesy. . . who you dey shakara for 10cirenoh sorry honeric01 . . .ma guy . .where your area dey . .take 1 bottle on top GEJ victory for my head  cool. . then next week we go top am with Fashola victory . . . grin
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by EzeCanada: 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ndi Igbo practically handed the presidency to Good luck Jonathan. Almost 100% block vote was recorded in all the South East States

This is how they voted:

ABIA                                             98.96%                                                      1,175,984

ANAMBRA                                      98.96%                                                      1,145,169

DELTA**                                       98.59%                                                      1,378,851

EBONYI                                          95.57%                                                      480,592

ENUGU                                           98.54%                                                      802,144

IMO                                               97.98%                                                      1,381,357

SUBTOTAL                                                                                                      6,364,097

Ndi Igbo in Lagos (45%); Rivers (45%); Plateau (40%); Kaduna (30%) Kano (15 %); FCT (50%) and other states further strengthened the margin as follows:

LAGOS                            40% of 67.19% of PDP vote                                         512,675

RIVERS                           45% of 98.32% of PDP vote                                         817,992

PLATEAU                         50% of 73.47% of PDP vote                                         514.932

KADUNA                         15% of 46.62% of PDP vote                                          180,000

KANO                             10% of 16.7% of PDP vote                                            263,398

FCT                               40% of 65.31% of PDP vote                                           116,418

Others                          7.5% of Total PDP votes in other states                          800,000

SUB TOTAL                                                                                                     3,205,415

GRAND TOTAL                                                                                                 9,569,512

APPROX** 9 MILLION VOTES (CONSIDERING OTHER ETHINICITY IN DELTA STATE)
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by fyomer: 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thank GOD GEJ won.North pls beware of one who is heavenly ordained or,
, ? , Buhari, Ciroma, etc, get yourseves burnt.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by AroOkigbo(m): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
Four years isn't enough for Bros J to fix this messed up country. If he does well within the next four years, then it's GEJ till 2019

jmaine:

, then next week we go top am with Fashola victory . . . grin[/b]

can't wait for the highest landslide in favour of BRF. He deserves it,
then some nuts will join in the well advertised "transformer hug" grin

Eko o ni baje!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by ufumes(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thank God, the result has been declared. Goodluck to Nigeria
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Bensonite: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
cireleh:

Our President has won himself another 4 years in office and inasmuch as I am unhappy about this I want to appeal to our brothers in the North to put an end to the senseless killings and destruction of private properties going on there.

Jonathan has not won fairly in my opinion. The figures from the south south, south east are so ridiculous! Some of these states had Jonathan getting over 90% of votes cast! I am highly disappointed at reasons why some pple voted Jonathan. Most of the voters I spoke to voted based on ethnic lines. I remember my uncle telling me that I should vote for Jonathan because if he doesnt get the presidency than it will take us another 25 years to get there!

Personally I have nothing against Jonathan as a person, I just think he
Getting 4 years is a very big mistake as he is not only clueless on what to do to make Nigeria work but he lacks the political will to make the necessary changes we need to see. I hope I am wrong though.

I can very well predict our next minister of Health in the person of Iyabo Obasanjo. Maybe Alams and Ibori will also be in the list too. Its also possible for him to bring in Thieves like Tafa Balogun to head the Police ministry. Time will tell
You know what go and kiss electric and kill urself. I am sure you never read your post as you were self contracdictory. Once again you can go and die if you choose to.

Yo
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by enyojo(f): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=16pt]WHEN THE MAJORITY HAS SPOKEN, WHAT CAN THE MINORITY LIKE US DO?
DEMOCRACY IS SIMPLY 'MAJORITY HAVING THEIR WAY WHILE MINORITY HAVE THEIR SAY'
IF THE MAJORITY (WHETHER REAL OR RIGGED) SAY THEY ARE NOT MINDING THE PARTY THAT HAS INFLICTED UNTOLD HARDSHIP ON THEM FOR 12 YEARS, AND THEY DECIDE TO CONNIVE WITH CORRUPT CABALS TO RETURN THE SAME PARTY ELECTED FOR ANOTHER 4 TORTUOUS YEARS, SO BE IT. AS FOR ME, I AM COMFORTABLE BEING IN THE OPPOSITION BECAUSE IN THE MATTER OF WEEKS, SHAME WILL NOT ALLOW YOU BANDWAGON UMBULERRAS TO SHOW FACE ON NAIRALAND.[/size]
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by popoyeh(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
God Bless Nigeria,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders / Profile Of Alhaji Yakubu Ibn Mohammed; The New DG Of NTA / "We Have Killed Them All, Fulani Herdsmen Will Never Come Back"-nigerian Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.