Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,183 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega (25644 Views)

Buhari And Osinbajo Flaunt Their Certificates Of Return Issued By Jega (photos) / PDP's Orubebe Disrupts Results Announcement By Jega / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Olumogun: 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
landlord01:

The best names start wit J - like JEHOVA, when He wanted 2 choose d father of his ppl, He chose JACOB. To bless Jacob's children, He blessed JOSEPH. To lead His ppl to d promise land, He sent JOSHUA. When He wanted to save Nineve, He sent JONAH. And to save world, He sent JOHN d Baptist to fore-run for JESUS,the son of JOSEPH from d tribe of JUDAH who lived in JERUSALEM.2save Nigeria He sent JEGA to anchor 4 JONATHAN

^^^^^^

MAYOWAAK:

What about Judas Iscariot?
And
passyjango:

Add Jezebel to the list. Don't mind sorcerers.

No comment
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
hbrednic:

whatever you have is your fu-cking business.sore irritating bad loser  cheesy cheesy
Who is d bad loser here? did I ever curse you? why did you such bad language on me? All I have said is my personal experience on the polls and hard fact. Well, its obvious the facts/truth is just too much for you to handle. Go in peace.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Thatdave(m): 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
clueless GEJ beat cluefilled buhari!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thatdave:

clueless GEJ beat cluefilled buhari!

Yeap!! thanks to the master riggers. Read my personal experience a few post back and it will give you a glimpse of how they did it. 12yrs of acts of rigging no be joke
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by nwaafo1: 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
For the first time I practically weep for my dear country, especially my Igbo brothers who genuinely think they are doing the right thing by being part of this "victory"
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by LordBabs(m): 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
By all virtue of understanding, that presidential raw speech broadcast about an hour ago is purely MISPLACED! I could percieve an unripe overjoy and a weakling haste to paddle the nation's canoe. Such presidential speech deserves to come at the end of ALL ELECTIONS. And this is the reason why initially i found faulty the order in which the elections were grouped; i believe the presidential election ought to crown it all. And This is when such broadcast will be free of any hypocritical overture!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by squirell5: 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
well done jega.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by mcgboye(m): 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
I think we should stop calling ourselves names in this medium. The election results have been announced, and we've got to move on. The choice has been made to entrust the next 4 yrs in GEJ(and PDP), and even though I believe we did not make the best decision, we've got to hope(perhaps against hope), that History will judge us well.
However, permit me to appeal to us all to critically look at the complaints of the CPC and ACN. It's practically impossible to have had a turnout of over 80% in any of the state, especially given the reported cases of low number of voters, and this seems to be the crux of their complaints. It may be key to ensuring the elections of 2015 are better than these.
Even though i'm not too optimistic, I pray that the president-elect will prove people like me wrong and break the shackles of the PDP that have for so long derailed our collective  progress. Nigeria's problem can be summarized into 2: corruption and power supply. Interestingly, it is my belief that if u solve the first, the second one is done. Let us all give him our support so we can move this country forward. Somehow, we need him more than he needs us.
April 16, 2011: History will judge us
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by EzeCanada: 12:04am On Apr 19, 2011
EzeCanada:

Ndi Igbo practically handed the presidency to Good luck Jonathan. Almost 100% block vote was recorded in all the South East States

This is how they voted:

ABIA                                             98.96%                                                      1,175,984

ANAMBRA                                      98.96%                                                      1,145,169

DELTA**                                       98.59%                                                      1,378,851

EBONYI                                          95.57%                                                      480,592

ENUGU                                           98.54%                                                      802,144

IMO                                               97.98%                                                      1,381,357

SUBTOTAL                                                                                                      6,364,097

Ndi Igbo in Lagos (45%); Rivers (45%); Plateau (40%); Kaduna (30%) Kano (15 %); FCT (50%) and other states further strengthened the margin as follows:

LAGOS                            40% of 67.19% of PDP vote                                         512,675

RIVERS                           45% of 98.32% of PDP vote                                         817,992

PLATEAU                         50% of 73.47% of PDP vote                                         514.932

KADUNA                         15% of 46.62% of PDP vote                                          180,000

KANO                             10% of 16.7% of PDP vote                                            263,398

FCT                               40% of 65.31% of PDP vote                                           116,418

Others                          7.5% of Total PDP votes in other states                          800,000

SUB TOTAL                                                                                                     3,205,415

GRAND TOTAL                                                                                                 9,569,512

APPROX** 9 MILLION VOTES (CONSIDERING OTHER ETHINICITY IN DELTA STATE)

jchuckc:

@EzeCanada: Seems u know very little about the demographics of northern nigeria. Plateau's population is about 70-80% indigenous christians, yes there are many ibos in plateau, but they are of course not up to 5%, Kaduna's population is also abt 45 - 50% indigenous christians, the same goes for Adamawa, Nassarawa and many other states. Even Bauchi state that is considered a core northern state has up to 20% indigenous christians. As such the Ibos played their part, but kudos has to be given to the often ignored but stratetigically placed indigenous christian population in the north!
@jchuckc: I have my facts. Do you have any?
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by hbrednic: 12:04am On Apr 19, 2011
gists:

Who is d bad loser here? did I ever curse you? why did you such bad language on me? All I have said is my personal experience on the polls and hard fact. Well, its obvious the facts/truth is just too much for you to handle. Go in peace.
I am very sorry if i have offended you anyway,but pls desist from calling the president an empty head.( u know he is a family man ).one love
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Silvani(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2011
Those who started their crying even when the election has not taken place, now is the time for you to cry out blood just as the prophets of baal did.
Foolish idiots
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 12:14am On Apr 19, 2011
hbrednic:

I am very sorry if i have offended you anyway,but pls desist from calling the president an empty head.( u know he is a family man ).one love

No wahala. No need for any cyber fight, at least its not worth it for any politician GEJ or Buhari. AND I APOLOGIZE TO ALL NIGERIANS FOR THE FOUL LANGUAGE ON THE PRESIDENT ELECT.
LONG LIVE NIGERIA
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 12:25am On Apr 19, 2011
Just out of curiousity, when will Nigerians start voting purely on basis of merits/performance as opposed to tribal/ethnic/religious grounds. I'm a pure yoruba man and I certainly wasn't looking to get my pound of flesh for JUNE 12 (that was about 18yrs ago, I'm determined not to live perpetually in the past). Similarly, I wasn't looking for power shift to the south and I certainly didn't vote on religion basis. All I want is to solve 95% of Nigeria's problem (CORRUPTION) and the perennial killings in the North (JOS inclusive) by voting the candidate that in my opinion has the capacity to deliver these two-point agenda.

N.B: To all those that bliv the north just want their son in power. While this might be true to some extent, can anyone tell me the rational behind the northerners voting GEJ ahead of their son Atiku during the primaries (Remember they also voted Abiola ahead of Tofa in 1993). It appears from my poor knowledge of history that we the southerners are the actual tribalistic ones. We have never voted for a northerner ahead of our son. We'll rather rig to make sure our son wins the polls.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by mamagee3(f): 12:32am On Apr 19, 2011
Congratulations to Goodluck Jonathan's victory in the elections. . .

though his campaign sucked!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by beeke(m): 12:37am On Apr 19, 2011
gists:

I complained to the officials, but going by their response/attitude and knowing I'm not voting for "their son" (no secrecy in my polling station) and the potential implication to my safety, I decided to just cast the my vote and left in one piece. I know I didn't take the best action, but I left with my life.

WILL YOU SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH, SO YOU LEFT WITH YOUR LIFE INTACT AND YOU EXPECT A CHANGE ARE YOU NOT AWARE THAT CHANGES DONT COME CHEAP, COS IF YOU BELIEVE IN CHANGE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE FOR IT IF YOU CLAIM TO LOVE NIGERIA THEN BE READY AT ALL TIME TO PUT YOUR LIFE FORWARD BEFORE NIGERIA.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE NORTHERN ELITE IN NIGERIA IS THAT THEY KEEP LIVING IN THE PAST NOT KNOWING THAT THE WORLD IS STEADILY SHIFTING AND THAT THEY MUST SHIFT WITH THE WORLD OR RISK BEEN LEFT BEHIND WITHOUT ANY SYMPATHY, GONE ARE THE DAYS WEN THE NORTH USE TO TAKE THE SOUTHERNS FOR A JOLLY RIDE

I REMEMBER WOT ATIKU SAID DURING HIS CAMPAIGN  VISIT TO RIVER STATE AND THERE AND THEN I SAW HOW PRIDE AND IGNORANT HAS EATEN DEEP INTO THE PSYCHE OF THE SO CALLED BORN TO RULE NORTHERN OLIGARCHY, I ALSO REMEMBERED WOT BUHARI HIMSELF SAID IN ONE OF HIS CAMPAIGN TRIP TO KANO HIS COMMENT LEFT SO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED.

I HAVE MY FEARS FOR NIGERIA BEFORE BUT NOT ANYMORE BECAUSE SOME WHO WERE LIVING IN THE DREAMLAND STATEMENT THAT SAYS THE NORTH IS ONE HAS FINALLY REALIZED HOW THEY HAVE BEEN COWED FOR DECADES, THE MIDDLE BELT NO LONGER SEE THEMSELVES AS NORTHERN'S AND THAT WAS WERE THE WIND OF CHANGE STARTED BLOWING AGAINST THE BORN TO RULE ELITE OF D NORTH.

GEJ SHOULD AS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY SEND A STRONG AND UNDILUTED MASSAGE TO BUHARI AND HIS BLIND SUPPORTERS TO HOLD THEIR PEACE OR FACE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW. HE GEJ MUST NOW SIT UP AND MAKE ALL THE AGENT OF DESTABILIZATION TO KNOW THAT HE IS NO LONGER SERVING OUT YA'ADUA TERM IN OFFICE, HE HAS BEEN GIVING A MANDATE BY THE MAJORITY OF THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE TO DEFEND THIS GREAT COUNTRY FROM INTERNAL AGGRESSORS AND FROM THOSE WHO THINK THAT THE PRESIDENCY OF NIGERIA IS THEIR BIRTH RIGHT.

BUHARI HAS SCORE A HAT TRICK IS NOW TIME FOR HIM TO TAKE A BOW AND LEAVE D STAGE FOR D YOUTH OF THIS COUNTRY
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by beeke(m): 12:43am On Apr 19, 2011
mama-gee:

Congratulations to Goodluck Jonathan's victory in the elections. . .

though his campaign sucked!

Mummy how far?
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by MeGaStReEt: 12:47am On Apr 19, 2011
beeke:

Mummy how far?

grin grin grin
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 12:54am On Apr 19, 2011
beeke:

WILL YOU SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH, SO YOU LEFT WITH YOUR LIFE INTACT AND YOU EXPECT A CHANGE ARE YOU NOT AWARE THAT CHANGES DONT COME CHEAP, COS IF YOU BELIEVE IN CHANGE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE FOR IT IF YOU CLAIM TO LOVE NIGERIA THEN BE READY AT ALL TIME TO PUT YOUR LIFE FORWARD BEFORE NIGERIA.

Thank you very much mr adviser. Your profile says you are from PH. I'm sure you are aware your Governor intends to (may have even done it self) put your state in debt in form of a bank loan on the grounds that the he doesn't want to tamper with the money he is saving for the state. Since you are wise enough to give advise, I'm sure you are also smart enough to know that interest rates on bank loans far out-weighs that of savings.Its just simple logic. Now if you love your state you should be ready to do anything (including laying down your life) to stop the man that want to (or that has already) throw you and your children and your grand children to decades of poverty.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by beeke(m): 12:58am On Apr 19, 2011
gists:

Just out of curiousity, when will Nigerians start voting purely on basis of merits/performance as opposed to tribal/ethnic/religious grounds. I'm a pure yoruba man and I certainly wasn't looking to get my pound of flesh for JUNE 12 (that was about 18yrs ago, I'm determined not to live perpetually in the past). Similarly, I wasn't looking for power shift to the south and I certainly didn't vote on religion basis. All I want is to solve 95% of Nigeria's problem (CORRUPTION) and the perennial killings in the North (JOS inclusive) by voting the candidate that in my opinion has the capacity to deliver these two-point agenda.

N.B: To all those that bliv the north just want their son in power. While this might be true to some extent, can anyone tell me the rational behind the northerners voting GEJ ahead of their son Atiku during the primaries (Remember they also voted Abiola ahead of Tofa in 1993). It appears from my poor knowledge of history that we the southerners are the actual tribalistic ones. We have never voted for a northerner ahead of our son. We'll rather rig to make sure our son wins the polls.
Abiola election was proclaimed to be free and fare but my question to you is: if Abiola were to be a Christian and his deputy a Christian do you think d north could have voted for them?
but regardless of the facts that the two were muslims the majority Christian south turned out en mass to vote for them, so tell me who among the sides that are filled with tribalism and religious bigots
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 1:08am On Apr 19, 2011
beeke:

Abiola election was proclaimed to be free and fare but my question to you is: if Abiola were to be a Christian and his deputy a Christian do you think d north could have voted for them?
but regardless of the facts that the two were muslims the majority Christian south turned out en mass to vote for them, so tell me who among the sides that are filled with tribalism and religious bigots
I think they would have voted for them just as they voted for obj and now gej (amid exchanges of ghana-must-go this time around). Maybe not now that the religious polarity is much more pronounced. Remember, the president is the one they are voting for not the vp. yet gej got more than the required 25% in most of the north
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by beeke(m): 1:27am On Apr 19, 2011
gists:

I think they would have voted for them just as they voted for gej now (amid exchanges of ghana-must-go this time around). Maybe not now that the religious polarity is much more pronounced. Remember, the president is the one they are voting for not the vp. yet gej got more than the required 25% in most of the north
You see my good friend even as of then 1992 election d north would have opposed in d strongest terms the candidature of a two Christian to rule our nation even right from d SDP primaries they will make sure they dont emerge as d flag bearer.

wen you talk about nepotism, tribalism and religious fanaticism the northern Nigeria are second to none. and that is the fact
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by beeke(m): 1:53am On Apr 19, 2011
Take for instance the last election that imposed Ya'adua as our president did the south took to arms and start killing northern in d south or destroy mosques even wen Ya'adua himself acknowledges that d election which brought him to office were fraudulent

Now the international observers with their reactions have scored this election more than 85% free and fare but still our neighbors in d north can not accept it cos the winner is a Christian from the south.

Sometimes i use to ask myself why the UN dont seems to be interested in calling a spade a spade and allow Nigeria to emulate Sudan, or why it is that our rulers seems to quiver wen some groups ask for a SNC to be convene to allow Nigerians air their view on how they want to be governed

if Nigeria and it partners have tried all necessary means to bring peace to Nigerians and is not working why not try d most simply one of them all, let d north go, d middle belt go, d SW go, d SS go and SE go is as simply as abcd
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by insideview: 2:31am On Apr 19, 2011
Personally, while i admire Buhari's personal values, i doubt he posseses the requisite flexibility needed the govern a society as multifaceted as ours.

Congratulations GEJ. I'm waiting now for a justification of my vote.

As for Buhari, I guess we'll go thru the drama of a supreme court saga and all. Personally, i fail to see how it can end positively for him considering that the 2007 elections (even UMYA acknowledged they were flawed) werent overturned. Well, since he has money to spend, i'm sure there are fat lawyers around to take it. Then again, strange things are happening worldwide,
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by bingils(m): 3:55am On Apr 19, 2011
@ beeke, who eva told yuh that we northerners r interested in ur oil? Let Nigeria be splited n we wld see who suffer the most, I swear without fear or prejudice that yuh southerners ll languish in misrule n serious marginalization by a particular tribe(yhu knw them very well, for their love for money), so please swallow ur words, as we take the next 4 years of misery amist plenty!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by intrepid: 4:22am On Apr 19, 2011
Nigerians now have the proof that they too can have an election where the votes count.It does not really matter what percieved errors or shortcomings that cropped up;the main point is that for once,we are being acclaimed as having got it right both home and abroad.

Nigerians voted for GEJ,and not PDP.This same feat would have been perfomed still had he been in another party.PDP did well by not allowing the issue of zoning to take its full cause,else i think it would have been the final requiem for the party.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by intrepid: 4:46am On Apr 19, 2011
I totally agree with you.What u shld understand is that we are very much influenced by our beliefs.I think the kind of Islam propagated by some people in Nigeria cld be diff from wat peaceful,mature and humane Islam seen in some parts of the world.

Going seperate ways isnt a bad idea but lets go on together for now.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 7:42am On Apr 19, 2011
beeke:

You see my good friend even as of then 1992 election d north would have opposed in d strongest terms the candidature of a two Christian to rule our nation even right from d SDP primaries they will make sure they dont emerge as d flag bearer.

wen you talk about nepotism, tribalism and religious fanaticism the northern Nigeria are second to none. and that is the fact

Like I said MAYBE NOT NOW (as in today's reality) and also you forget the fact that I mentioned earlier - the president's sit is the elective position not the v.p. If they voted for obj and gej both xtians. The v.p as far as I am concerned is not an elective but more like an appointment position  (did the people of Nigeria vote for Sambe when Ya'radua died?) and can be replace through well defined procedure. So the religion/tribe does not "totally" factor in. If not for the political doggedness of Atiku, OBJ would have successfully yank him off and replace him with another person probably a northern xtian AND I DARE SAY NOTHING THE NORTH COULD HAVE DONE. From my limited knowledge of the constitution, their is no place for all these religious craps (except the federal character BULL- S H I T).

From your highlighted choice of words, nobody really knows what could have happened, but the fact is that election still stand till today as the freest and fairest in Nigeria (GEJ election was just a peaceful one) and we all agree everybody voted not on the basis of religion or tribe.

Let's even agree for the moment that Nigeria splits, my question is "AND THEN WHAT?" so that the IFEs and MODAKEKEs can resume their age long petty land disputes in SW, same goes for IJAWs and the ILAJEs, etc etc Splitting Nigeria may look fashionable on paper but I doubt we all won't be the worse for it thereafter.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 8:07am On Apr 19, 2011
intrepid:

Nigerians now have the proof that they too can have an election where the votes count.It does not really matter what percieved errors or shortcomings that cropped up;the main point is that for once,we are being acclaimed as having got it right both home and abroad.

Nigerians voted for GEJ,and not PDP.This same feat would have been perfomed still had he been in another party.PDP did well by not allowing the issue of zoning to take its full cause,else i think it would have been the final requiem for the party.

Have you seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5JSE1YrCs are proud of the manner (from the video) your president was elected?
I don't mind having gej nor anybody as d president as long as that individual was fairly elected by the people as opposed to the fraudulent method as seen in the video.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by suxes2005(m): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2011
Is jega a member of NL?

SHALOM
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by dara22: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2011
up PDP,dey no dey see or watin be there problem self. i rest my case
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by mystikal(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari try sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Apologises To Nigerians For Fuel Scarcity / Moremi Ojudu Apologizes To Her Father, Babafemi Ojudu / VAT Verdict: States Begin Consultation As Court Quashes FIRS Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.