Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega (25643 Views)

Buhari And Osinbajo Flaunt Their Certificates Of Return Issued By Jega (photos) / PDP's Orubebe Disrupts Results Announcement By Jega / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by dara22: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2011
but 10million is nt 'wasa' joke
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by BetaThings: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2011
beeke:

Take for instance the last election that imposed Ya'adua as our president did the south took to arms and start killing northern in d south or destroy mosques even wen Ya'adua himself acknowledges that d election which brought him to office were fraudulent

Now the international observers with their reactions have scored this election more than 85% free and fare but still our neighbors in d north can not accept it cos the winner is a Christian from the south.

There was no southerner of note on the ballots! Why would southerners fight because of Yaradua (PDP), Buhari (ANPP) and Atiku (AC)? Of course, that is not to say that southerners would fight even if their own are contesting. They did not in 1999
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by GeorgeD1(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
buhari is a sore loser
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by jchuckc(m): 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ndi Igbo practically handed the presidency to Good luck Jonathan. Almost 100% block vote was recorded in all the South East States

This is how they voted:

ABIA 98.96% 1,175,984

ANAMBRA 98.96% 1,145,169

DELTA** 98.59% 1,378,851

EBONYI 95.57% 480,592

ENUGU 98.54% 802,144

IMO 97.98% 1,381,357

SUBTOTAL 6,364,097

Ndi Igbo in Lagos (45%); Rivers (45%); Plateau (40%); Kaduna (30%) Kano (15 %); FCT (50%) and other states further strengthened the margin as follows:

LAGOS 40% of 67.19% of PDP vote 512,675

RIVERS 45% of 98.32% of PDP vote 817,992

PLATEAU 50% of 73.47% of PDP vote 514.932

KADUNA 15% of 46.62% of PDP vote 180,000

KANO 10% of 16.7% of PDP vote 263,398

FCT 40% of 65.31% of PDP vote 116,418

Others 7.5% of Total PDP votes in other states 800,000

SUB TOTAL 3,205,415

GRAND TOTAL 9,569,512

APPROX** 9 MILLION VOTES (CONSIDERING OTHER ETHINICITY IN DELTA STATE)

Quote from: jchuckc on Yesterday at 10:29:36 PM
@EzeCanada: Seems u know very little about the demographics of northern nigeria. Plateau's population is about 70-80% indigenous christians, yes there are many ibos in plateau, but they are of course not up to 5%, Kaduna's population is also abt 45 - 50% indigenous christians, the same goes for Adamawa, Nassarawa and many other states. Even Bauchi state that is considered a core northern state has up to 20% indigenous christians. As such the Ibos played their part, but kudos has to be given to the often ignored but stratetigically placed indigenous christian population in the north!
@jchuckc: I have my facts. Do you have any?

@EzeCanada: I dont think you have lived in the north, at least not for an extended period of time. I was born in the north and save for the annual trips to the east for Xmas, I lived there continuosly untill I was 23 . Mind you I'm Ibo, so you telling me to backup what I'm saying with facts is like saying I should back up that 'bia means come in igbo' with facts
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by seunlayi(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked :oeni binu Gej a lo si odo lo we, Eja nla o A yo oju e je o
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by NAJALYN: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
Congratulations to GEJ for his landslide Victory at the Presidential Elections. He made history by the conduct of free, fair, and credible elections in Nigeria.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Gbenge77(m): 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
The elections appear to be free and fair but it might just turn out to be a hoax.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by medoski(m): 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
please do the arithmetic

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by GeorgeD1(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2011
buhari should be used to losing by now. afterall this is about the 3rd time he's going through
this circus he calls a campaign.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by wendytilda(f): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2011
gists:

Have you seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5JSE1YrCs are proud of the manner (from the video) your president was elected?
I don't mind having gej nor anybody as d president as long as that individual was fairly elected by the people as opposed to the fraudulent method as seen in the video.

OMgosh! Dude, first of all that video is about senatorial election, not presidential (and how genuine is the video?!) Second of all, almost every Nigerian I know and the people they know, (I’m Ibo BTW) pretty much only talked about and voted for GEJ (It’s not even about PDP)and even international observers, who are good at concentrating on and bringing out negativity in Nigeria agree/saw that the election was free and fair, so save your breath cause there is no way you could ever convince people otherwise!
If anything, seeing from this evidence http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/04/17/purefoy.nigeria.election.split.cnn?iref=allsearch there was underage voting in the North!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Limaoscar: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Congratulations to Goodluck Jonathan's victory in the elections. . .

[b]though his campaign sucked![/[/b]quote]

Mama-gee let the man be e don win, e don win abi you sef wan suck ?
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2011
wendytilda:

OMgosh! Dude, first of all that video is about senatorial election, not presidential (and how genuine is the video?!)  Second of all, almost every Nigerian I know and the people they know, (I’m Ibo BTW) pretty much only talked about and voted for GEJ (It’s not even about PDP)and even international observers, who are good at concentrating on and bringing out negativity in Nigeria agree/saw that the election was free and fair, so save your breath cause there is no way you could ever convince people otherwise!
If anything, seeing  from this evidence http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/04/17/purefoy.nigeria.election.split.cnn?iref=allsearch  there was underage voting in the North!

This is a very narrow thinking. I know the video was on the senatorial election. But what makes you think the same thing didn't happen in the presidential election. But the video didn't confirm if PDP was the evil one. Neither is their anything that confirms the under-age voting in the north were for cpc. The essence is the show that the election was marred with fraud whether it is multiple thumb-printing of ballot papers or the under-aged voting.

wendytilda:

and even international observers, who are good at concentrating on and bringing out negativity in Nigeria agree/saw that the election was free and fair, so save your breath cause there is no way you could ever convince people otherwise!
If anything, seeing  from this evidence http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/04/17/purefoy.nigeria.election.split.cnn?iref=allsearch  there was underage voting in the North!

You are quick to say the election was free and fair because our brother is the beneficiary of this fraud (I'm a southerner -yourba but I'll say the truth for the sake of posterity) and even feel proud that the int'l observers confirms it yet you say there were under aged voters in the north confirming only one part of the fraud (which could have been for CPC or PDP after-all PDP got the required 25% in the north where they were not expected to. Nobody knows whether this is not how they got it.). Doesn't that sound like you are talking from two sides of the mouth? I don't intend to convince anybody because around the world have been known to dance to popular tunes.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by wendytilda(f): 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
gists:

This is a very narrow thinking. I know the video was on the senatorial election. But what makes you think the same thing didn't happen in the presidential election. But the video didn't confirm if PDP was the evil one. Neither is their anything that confirms the under-age voting in the north were for cpc. The essence is the show that the election was marred with fraud whether it is multiple thumb-printing of ballot papers or the under-aged voting.

You are quick to say the election was free and fair because our brother is the beneficiary of this fraud (I'm a southerner -yourba but I'll say the truth for the sake of posterity) and even feel proud that the int'l observers confirms it yet you say there were under aged voters in the north confirming only one part of the fraud (which could have been for CPC or PDP after-all PDP got the required 25% in the north where they were not expected to. Nobody knows whether this is not how they got it.). Doesn't that sound like you are talking from two sides of the mouth? I don't intend to convince anybody because around the world have been known to dance to popular tunes.

Whatever…arguing with you is definitely and obviously a waste of precious time and trust me, I’ve got no time to waste!!! I'm just glad GEJ is from the Niger Delta and he won (free and fair)! I don't even mind if he only concentrates on bettering and rebuilding his area of origin “the Niger Delta” (like the former presidents had done in the past) just to save us all from the embarrassing oil spill hazards (among other things of course) constantly giving Nigeria such bad image abroad! (Even though fighting corruption is on top of my list, I have to go with the one thing I know he’d do for sure, at least it’ll be a start!)[quote][/quote]
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by onome25(m): 1:05am On Apr 20, 2011
Presido, may GOD giv u the wisdom to lead ur people Amen!!!

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by memzi: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2011
The post election violence is alarming and can dangerously escalate if not checked! Frequency of Hate comments and threats on various social networks and blogs has gone several notches higher! This can only lead us to a dangerous cycle of violence! Don't stoke or promote vengeance! Be the hero that saved thousands of lives by posting a message of peace and love! ONE NIGERIA!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by agabaI23(m): 9:27am On Apr 20, 2011
This was a prediction before the elections.
April 2011 Presidential Election Results

National Election Result % of Votes Won
Jonathan 41.2%
Buhari 40.5%
Ribadu 18.2%

National Election Result # of States Won
Jonathan 17
Buhari 14
Ribadu 6

National Election Result # of States w/ 25%
Jonathan 32
Buhari 20
Ribadu 7

Regional Election Results Jonathan Ribadu Buhari Winner
Southwest 37% 48% 15% Ribadu
Southeast 70% 20% 10% Jonathan
Southsouth 68% 18% 13% Jonathan
Northwest 22% 4% 74% Buhari
Northeast 36% 3% 61% Buhari
North Central 44% 16% 40% Jonathan

* Number of states includes FCT

To edit the results change data in the cells colored "yellow" in "Inputs and Assumptions" tab.

At least he got the number of states where GEJ will get 25% right
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Asobank: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2011
if GEJ no win who else for win? it was already clear 4rm d beginning.He has proven his worthiness countless times. those loosed mouths castigating GEJ shey dem don hide. Abeg gi fresh air jare!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by GeorgeD1(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2011
up gej! smiley
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by shegeto(m): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
its glearing that he's gonna win this election, lets support him by our individual so that he perform very welll, may god help him
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by dazangel11(f): 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2011
angry

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Stogwu123: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2011
Delta Govship result update. Can see dat inec in Delta state is declaring result in LG's such as "Warri North, 58,634 votes 4 PDP" "Warri south, 65,508 votes 4 PDP"  "Ethiope west, 46,939 Votes 4 PDP" and "Warri south west" where dere were reported  cases on media,  of snatching of ballot boxes, stuffing thumb-printed ballot papers and haijacking of electoral material. By PDP THUGS/AGENTS. JEGA should pls come and intervane 4 de sake of peace in DELTA STATE  View  update 4rm here: http://huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2925:delta-state-gubernatorial-election-results-update&catid=103:more-news
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by deejaydex(m): 11:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
Rev Chris Okotie presidential candidate of Fresh Democratic Party calls INEC to immediately decimate and incinerate the Election results. Hear him: "I hereby proclaim and elucidate without equivocation that the eruption of violent confabulation and conflagration of catalismic dimensions with annihilations in the northern fringes of Nigeria's geo-siesmic epicenter is due to the manipulative electoral contraption engineered by the PDP to torpedo the votes. I don't support the ongiong macabre of brouhaha but Goodluck should resign for a Government of National Unity."
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by deejaydex(m): 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2011
Rev Chris Okotie presidential candidate of Fresh Democratic Party calls INEC to immediately decimate and incinerate the Election results. Hear him: "I hereby proclaim and elucidate without equivocation that the eruption of violent confabulation and conflagration of catalismic dimensions with annihilations in the northern fringes of Nigeria's geo-siesmic epicenter is due to the manipulative electoral contraption engineered by the PDP to torpedo the votes. I don't support the ongiong macabre of brouhaha but Goodluck should resign for a Government of National Unity."
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by bikokwe(m): 11:46pm On Apr 28, 2011
i dnt undastnd dis Okoties speech o.na only d last 4 words i understand
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by DRPYGRU: 10:39am On Dec 25, 2013
grin
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Dawdy(m): 6:45am On Dec 24, 2014
Then, Nigerians were deceived to vote for Goodluck and not pdp. knowing fully Well that pdp had been mismanaging their country. But now that Nigerians are more enlightened that voting goodluck is voting the worst pdp, both goodluck and pdp will be voted out. Enough of goodluck! What we need now is good government.

1 Like

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by TROVERTOPICO: 8:57am On Jan 09, 2015
cireleh:
Our President has won himself another 4 years in office and inasmuch as I am unhappy about this I want to appeal to our brothers in the North to put an end to the senseless killings and destruction of private properties going on there.

Jonathan has not won fairly in my opinion. The figures from the south south, south east are so ridiculous! Some of these states had Jonathan getting over 90% of votes cast! I am highly disappointed at reasons why some pple voted Jonathan. Most of the voters I spoke to voted based on ethnic lines. I remember my uncle telling me that I should vote for Jonathan because if he doesnt get the presidency than it will take us another 25 years to get there!

Personally I have nothing against Jonathan as a person, I just think he
Getting 4 years is a very big mistake as he is not only clueless on what to do to make Nigeria work but he lacks the political will to make the necessary changes we need to see. I hope I am wrong though.

I can very well predict our next minister of Health in the person of Iyabo Obasanjo. Maybe Alams and Ibori will also be in the list too. Its also possible for him to bring in Thieves like Tafa Balogun to head the Police ministry. Time will tell
GUY!YOU ARE A PROPHET!

1 Like

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by maximunimpact(m): 9:41am On Mar 03, 2019
Olumogun:
I would have been surprised if JONATHAN did not win.
but the Saturday election did not represent the strength of the parties.
it is shocking that Buhari got as much as 12 million plus,
that man is worth praising.

Do you know Buhari won the 2015 presidential elections and just last week he was re-elected for a second term in office? cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha Demolishes Illegal Structures/Brothel In Owerri (Photos) / Buhari Names 6 Governors National Food Security Council Members / Heavy Rain Triggers Flash Flood In Ekiti (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.