Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,114 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? (21237 Views)

7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment / Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos / THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by KBARBIE(f): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2021
RapistOnBail:

1. Church and mosque. Those guys are mad! They no get place near my heart.

2. Electricity. Atleast 15hrs of light daily.

3. A good ashawo house must be close by.

Love God with all your heart bro. And do not forsake the fellowship of the righteous sayeth the good book of the Lord.

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by PrisonEscapee(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Dpundict:

Most important in this area I live in, infact wetin landlord bury done pursue my neighbour out now he is remodeling for the next person who will not know what's up to come and rent. The guy said he no see 10k in cash at once in 2020 year o until prophet tell am wetin dey wrong with his tenancy in Lagos and advised him to move out and he left. Last week I was slapped on my bed but jesus is lord and I am not afraid because I paid 650k I worked for legitimately to him before moving in.
Anybody who believes in this kinda bullsh!t is a bush man.
Nigerians and local spirituality. *spits*

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by sinola(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2021
*Inside the compound*
Make sure it is electric prepaid meter that they have;
Confirm if there was outstanding PHCN(NEPA) bill accumulated overtime by previous tenants;
Confirm if the pumping machine is controlled by the landlord/Landlady but only if they stay in the same compound and how the bill is being sorted cos most landlord/landlady's can be very manipulative in times of any misunderstanding just to punish the tenant.
If it is downstairs, check if there is underground water coming up through the floor and walls;
Confirm the religious believe of the owner of the house;
know the kind of jobs(occupation) your fellow tenants do and where they are from;
If possible, confidentially confirm from neighbor's why the previous tenant that were occupying your intending apartment left the house;
The location of generator house in the compound should also be noted. Ensure it is not situated too close to your room.

*Around Neighborhood*
Check possibility of noise pollution around like church buildings, Mosques, factories, Schools, Event centre e.t.c;
Electricity distribution pattern of that area should also be ascertained;
Ofcourse, security management system in the area should be a priority;
Proximity to your work place especially when you are living in Lagos and Abuja;
For your sanity, make sure there is no brothel(guess you understands) around the compound incase you have family ;
Closeness to a good school for your kids;
How flood prone is the place especially in Lagos,when it rains;

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by femijay8271(m): 11:15am On Apr 15, 2021
Starhearts:
All l need is a good ashawo house nearby
My wife self knw say l money joke with social sex workers

I no get choice because she always complaining of tiredness of office stress up

Oko ashawogrin
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by femijay8271(m): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2021
sinola:
*Inside the compound*
Make sure it is electric prepaid meter that they have;
Confirm if there was outstanding PHCN(NEPA) bill accumulated overtime by previous tenants;
Confirm if the pumping machine is controlled by the landlord/Landlady but only if they stay in the same compound and how the bill is being sorted;
If it is downstairs, check if there is underground water coming up through the floor and walls;
Confirm the religious believe of the owner of the house;
know the kind of jobs(occupation) your fellow tenants do and where they are from;
If possible, confidentially confirm from neighbour's why the previous tenant that was occupying your intending apartment left the house;
The location of generator house in the compound should be noted. Ensure it is not situated too close to your room.

*Around Neighbourhood*
check noise pollutions around like church buildings, Mosques, factories, Schools, Event centre etc;
Electricity distribution pattern of that area is also be confirmed;
Ofcourse, security management system in the area should be a priority;
Proximity to your work place especially when you are living in Lagos and Abuja;
For sanity, make sure there is no brothel around the compound incase you have family ;
Closeness to a good school for your kids;
How flood prone is the place especially in Lagos,when it rains;

you, you suppose to dey do agent work ooo
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Born2conquer: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
UwaMmebii:
Electricity and water supply
a place or compound where beautiful ladies abound
place with fast internet service
an area that has hotel, bar, joint.
Proximity to market
Worship center
Neatness of the house because I despise dirty
An area that's free from efcc disturbance.
No area is free from EFCC disturbance
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by SavageResponse(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Electricity, place of work and market!

The landlord must NOT reside in the compound

What do you have against landlords? grin
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Dpundict: 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
PrisonEscapee:

Anybody who believes in this kinda bullsh!t is a bush man.
Nigerians and local spirituality. *spits*
It is happening in my current compound bro.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by PrisonEscapee(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dpundict:

It is happening in my current compound bro.
Why does it only happen in Nigeria?

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Luminary1(f): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
Close to where I work
Calm and serene environment
Good supply of electricity
Good supply of water
Not susceptible to flooding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) / Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.