Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? (2643 Views)

What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! / Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institution In Nigeria? / CFA Candidates In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? by Actman(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2007
Overview

CFA Institute is a global membership organisation that awards the Chartered Financial Analyst Designation. It leads the Investment Industry by setting the highest standards of ethics and professional excellence and vigorously advocating fair and transparent capital markets.

The CFA charter is the designation of excellence in the investment community. It's a self-study, graduate-level program for investment professionals. If you're interested in portfolio management, investment research, advisory services, or investment banking, this may be the right step.

When you sign up for the CFA Program, you become a candidate. As a candidate, you:
- Study for three exams using an assigned curriculum
- Take the three levels of the exams sequentially

If you pass all three exams and meet the professional and ethical requirements, you become a CFA charterholder.

Exams for all levels are held in locations around the world. Level I exams are held in June and December. Levels II and III are only held in June. You can take as long as you need to complete the program, and there is no limit to the number of times you can take each exam.  The curriculum changes each year to meet the dynamic nature and complexity of the global investment profession.

Find out how you and your employer can benefit from the CFA Program [ www.cfainstitute.org ] or Find out everything you need to know to sign up for the CFA Program http://cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/getstarted/index.html

Benefits
If you’re looking for an educational challenge where you build a fundamental knowledge of investment principles that is relevant in every market around the world, then the CFA Program is right for you and your firm.

Benefits For You
- Credibility: Clients and colleagues regard you with a presumption of expertise
- Competitive advantage: Employers and clients want the experience that comes with the CFA charter
- Connections: You’ll join a global network of more than 78,000 professionals
- Recognition: You’ll earn a designation praised by employers and media

Benefits For Your Firm
- A cost-effective and efficient way to increase the knowledge and professionalism of your staff
- A global program that tracks the needs of the industry and employers like you
- A measure of job applicants' competence and integrity

Earning the title of CFA, or Chartered Financial Analyst, is one of  the most prestigious achievements a person in the fields of finance and investing can attain. I already registered for the December 2007 Level 1 exam and presently studying for the exam. If you need more clarifications, visit the official website, post your questions or contact me via my email address. I believe there other members of this forum who are aware of this program and will be able to assist in one way or the other.

Please inform others that you know may be interested. I was told there are a few Nigerians who are Chartered Holders. Our country needs more of such professionals, even in Africa as a developing continent. I'm looking forward to meeting those who are interested or have already registered. Your contributions to the above subject will be highly valued.

Have a good day!
Re: What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? by kazizms: 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2007
hello u did not state your email address .thank you
Re: What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? by Actman(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2007
Hello Kazizms, my email address is progressman1@yahoo.com. You're appreciated!
Re: What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? by babaife(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2007
am an ican certified accountant that have interest in the cfa. can you plz tell me of the fees. so that i will commence registration immediately. including their exam fees
Re: What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? by Actman(m): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2007
Hello Babaife, kindly read through the lines below to find answers to your questions:

How to become a candidate

Requirements    

1. To fulfill the entrance requirements. You must:
•  Have a US. bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree, be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program, or have four years of qualified, professional work experience or a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years
•  Meet the professional conduct admission criteria (during the application process, you will be asked to sign statements of Professional Conduct and Candidate Responsibility)
•  Be prepared to take the exams in English

2. Sign up for your first exam. Registering for the first exam also enrolls you as a candidate in the CFA Program. Requires one-time program enrollment fee in addition to exam registration fee.

December 2007 CFA Exam (Level I )
Payment deadlines  Program enrollment  (new candidates only)  +  Exam registration  =  Total cost 
15 Mar 2007:  $390  +  $370  =  $760 
15 Aug 2007:  $390  +  $455  =  $845 
17 Sep 2007:  $465  +  $690  =  $1155 
Returning Level I candidates pay only the exam registration fee.

June 2008 CFA Exam (Level I)
Payment deadlines  Program enrollment (new candidates only)  +  Exam registration*  =  Total cost
26 Sep 2007:  $390  +  $600  =  $990 
14 Feb 2008:  $390  +  $688  =  $1078 
14 Mar 2008:  $465  +  $930  =  $1395 
Returning Level I candidates pay only the exam registration fee.

Note: Beginning from 2008, your registration package comes with the full curriculum for the exam and for this reason, you don't need to spend money to buy study materials except you want to consult text books for references. That is why the fee is higher compared to the previous years. To me, it's an added advantage.

Please note that it takes a period of about 5 months or more to fully prepare for a particular level exam; so you need to consider this before registering for the December 2007 Level 1 exam otherwise, go for the June 2008 exam. If you pay early, you will get a reasonable discount as shown above.

You can as well visit the official website for more details - www.cfainstitute.org or http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/index.html

Regards.
Re: What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? by oneblacboi: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2013
Have you heard about the CFA Access Scholarships?

Find out how you can win a CFA Scholarship

http://www.davidapaflo.com/2013/08/how-i-won-scholarship-from-cfa-institute.html

(1) (Reply)

Chartered Association Of Business Administrators-canada / NYSC Salary Scale / The Use Of Lean Concepts & Six Sigma In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.