Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai (952 Views)

What A Country We Live In Where Imams Can Do What Pastors "Can't" / Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. / Abba Kyari, Kawu Awarded 10 TV/Radio Licenses To Self, Cronies - Daily Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by sarrki(m): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
'I would rather be beheaded than apologise' -- Bashir el-Rufai hits critics
FacebookTwitterTelegramCopy LinkWhatsAppMore
Bashir el-Rufai, the son of Kaduna state governor, has questioned why northerners need a driving license to use their vehicles in a country they own.

Advertisement

Bashir was replying to a Twitter user who claimed citizens can drive in northern Nigeria without licenses for 20 years.

The user had written, “you can drive a vehicle in the north for more than 20 years without a license,” to which the governor’s son replied, “why should we need licenses to drive on roads in a country that we own?”

The question, which was raised via Bashir’s Twitter page on Thursday, has elicited a wave of mixed reactions from Nigerians.

Advertisement

Advertisement

While some users downplayed the gravity of the tweet, others criticised him for suggesting northerners own the country.

“Imagine what a Governor’s Son is saying, someone who is supposed to set an example for others is even saying we don’t need a license to Drive in 2021 In the 21st century,” a user wrote.

Another user wrote: “Bash response is totally incorrect. Call it sarcasm or whatever.

“His response can be used against him in the nearest future, but still, I want to understand which of the north is the guy even talking about? If it’s northern Nigeria then. The guy is a joke.”

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/bashir-el-rufai-why-do-we-need-licenses-to-drive-in-a-country-we-own
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by bhella10: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2021
These are leaders of tomorrow. This goes to show the kind of home training this simpleton has.
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by Refinedbeing(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2021
Stating the obvious. Nothing much.
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by sarrki(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
Makes me to remember sabo bakinzuwo former Kano state government

That keeps all the FAAC money at Goverment house

When he was asked why he chose to keep the money at government hoy, he replied by saying

“The money is government money it makes more sense to keep government money in government house”
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
cheesy
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by Redoil: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2021
sarrki the clown i hope say your sickness has been cured
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by danietohbadt(m): 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2021
Without a license, how do we know one is qualified to drive a car?
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by BigSarah(f): 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2021
Northerners do own the country, its pointless to be outraged by the truth..
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by SarkinYarki: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2021
Na only southerners govt dey charge for drivers license
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by knowledgeable: 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2021
sarrki:
'I would rather be beheaded than apologise' -- Bashir el-Rufai hits critics
FacebookTwitterTelegramCopy LinkWhatsAppMore
Bashir el-Rufai, the son of Kaduna state governor, has questioned why northerners need a driving license to use their vehicles in a country they own.

Advertisement

Bashir was replying to a Twitter user who claimed citizens can drive in northern Nigeria without licenses for 20 years.

The user had written, “you can drive a vehicle in the north for more than 20 years without a license,” to which the governor’s son replied, “why should we need licenses to drive on roads in a country that we own?”

The question, which was raised via Bashir’s Twitter page on Thursday, has elicited a wave of mixed reactions from Nigerians.

Advertisement

Advertisement

While some users downplayed the gravity of the tweet, others criticised him for suggesting northerners own the country.

“Imagine what a Governor’s Son is saying, someone who is supposed to set an example for others is even saying we don’t need a license to Drive in 2021 In the 21st century,” a user wrote.

Another user wrote: “Bash response is totally incorrect. Call it sarcasm or whatever.

“His response can be used against him in the nearest future, but still, I want to understand which of the north is the guy even talking about? If it’s northern Nigeria then. The guy is a joke.”

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/bashir-el-rufai-why-do-we-need-licenses-to-drive-in-a-country-we-own

..... but, this will have a far reaching implications for migration, demographic changes, population census, budgeting and planning.

A nation without a third layer id cards( like license/Id cards) can't manage their traffic laws or pernalies car owners who violent traffic laws etc.

... because of fulanization or increase in influx of fulanis into the Nigeria space, the country have returned to a primeval State...... thanks � to afonjas
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by Justnice11: 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2021
very bad
Re: Why Do We Need Licenses To Drive In A Country We Own- El Rufai by NigeriaIsZOO: 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
sarrki:
Makes me to remember sabo bakinzuwo former Kano state government

That keeps all the FAAC money at Goverment house

When he was asked why he chose to keep the money at government hoy, he replied by saying

“The money is government money it makes more sense to keep government money in government house”

Did this rubbish you wrote here make sense to you?

On topic, that's the redundant mentality of those we share a country with, barbarians.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Resign, He’s A Failure – Concerned Nigerians / Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President / Guests Run For Safety As Wind Scatters Venue During Reception Organized For IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.