Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms (21994 Views)

SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms / Loom Money Nigeria: Crash Of Ponzi Scheme Imminent As SEC Warns Nigerians / SEC On Lockdown Over Attempt To Reinstate Suspended DG, Gwarzo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by MrBachelor: 8:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
They ought to have list these unregistered companies.

1 Like

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Danny50: 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2021
SEC should be bold enough to list out their names so that the public would be security concious enough.

2 Likes

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by don10ky(m): 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2021
cashlurd:
SEC should be bold enough to call their names! They should stop generalizing these issues. There is no information passed here. Just a normal memo m
Stakexchain etc
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by GeneralPula: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
99% of those platforms are on Telegram, scamming people..

Invest in any platform on Telegram at your own peril..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Genesiis(m): 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2021
chrisxxx:
I wish I listened when they warned against MBA.
Maxwell Odum of MBA is a thief and need to be behind bars

1 Like

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Buzx: 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2021
The5DME:
no let me regret why I follow you ooh.... Comment reasonable things na

How many reasonable thing you don comment?

1 Like

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by military60: 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
Oga ooo
it is well
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by military60: 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
Ban them all

1 Like

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by lkillbrokehoes: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2021
GeneralPula:
99% of those platforms are on Telegram, scamming people..

Invest in any platform on Telegram at your own peril..

Telegram is a hub of scammers, I can't remember how many times I've been scammed there with my hard earned money gone, 99% of investment and currency exchange groups there are all scams.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Sunnycliff(m): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
No matter how good a trader is, once he starts collecting money from investors to trade and pay them percentage , he will really crash. We dey solve one matter like that for one WhatsApp group. All of a sudden Oga send investors sms say CBN ban on crypto-related bank transactions go affect payment for that month, na from one police case to another he dey enter from investors wey invest millions millions with am. If you Sabi trade forex, just trade on your own with your own money, if you make $10k , you know say na your money, no pressure whatsoever

Great. And don't trade money you can't afford to lose
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Brownpeanut(f): 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Honestly anyone that still falls for pyramid schemes or any other money doubling investment should have him/herself to blame, the thing is that Nigerians are naturally gullibyand greedy, they want to make quick money that's why they fall into this kind of scams and SEC isn't doing the right thing to curb these fraudsters.

Please, learn to use periods/fullstops. It was kinda difficult reading this.

4 Likes

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by chrisxxx(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2021
Genesiis:
Maxwell Odum of MBA is a thief and need to be behind bars
This is Nigeria. Maxwell has a logistics company his brother is managing for him. It is a guided secret. The company is inside Trans Amadi.
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2021
Half of most people reading the thread don't even understand what's playing.....
.these fvckers are always uncomfortable when smart young guys are making money from something they can't control or regulate...quota system doesn't apply to the international stock market thus the aboki government must move to ban it...from the ban on crypto to witchhunting of tech companies it's obvious that the aboki government is hell bent on making the youths poor and subservient. Unfortunately you can't ban the cyber space, we have VPN.....Yoruba tech bros should better get a second citizenship from benin republic....this fvckers plan to take us to the stone age....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Zico5(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
inoki247:
Dem Rasterli nd co
I heard Rackterli go pay back the investment cos they are registered company. Many are in palpable fear currently

1 Like

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by ogubolokento(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Stupid sec after causing the death of many nigerians your here talking now, where was sec when MBA and others frustrate us?
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by lkillbrokehoes: 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Neyoohpompy:
You sounded like a fool boy. Cryptocurrency is a x50 investment and this same sec or whatever cbn still issue shit notice. Well, if you wanna invest in crypto and make your life better..chat me up. Get a life
You sound like a low life fraudster. where did I mention that they should ban crypto? seems your brain doesn't work. for your information I trade crypto and I'm an investor too,
my only concern is sec not doing their work appropriately, they let shady investment schemes thrive to the extent that they scam gullible people, it's after those shady investment schemes run away with people's money that you will hear from them

2 Likes

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by DenreleDave(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Telegram is a hub of scammers, I can't remember how many times I've been scammed there with my hard earned money gone, 99% of investment and currency exchange groups there are all scams.

Bwahahhaaha gringringrin
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by lkillbrokehoes: 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:

[s]That's because you're a nairaland "alpha mail" ret@d grin a greedy mofo looking for high returns with less than $1k....fvckin flatin0 pikern[/s] grin
You type like a deranged, fustrated, brainless person, sorry. I have other important things to do than exchanging words with a low life cretin like you, bye. cheesy
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by lanre88(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2021
Dont loose cash to ponzi schemes, let us show you something helping people live a good life.

A word is enough...
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by divinepips(m): 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2021
cashlurd:
SEC should be bold enough to call their names! They should stop generalizing these issues. There is no information passed here. Just a normal memo m
Gbam!!!
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by bjtinz: 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2021
Sigh. All these illiterates sef.

99% of all comments have no idea of what the story is about. Everyone just bleating about ponzi and the like. SMH

11 Likes

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Duplexxx: 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2021
Isoright
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Golan007: 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2021
ogubolokento:
Stupid sec after causing the death of many nigerians your here talking now, where was sec when MBA and others frustrate us?

Gbogologu is paying times 3.
You can try them then cry to SEC later.
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by The5DME(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2021
Buzx:

How many reasonable thing you don comment?
you be bastard?
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Skillsnigeria: 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2021
grin
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by gamaliel9: 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2021
House, does this memo concern entities like Trove, Risevest, Chaka, etc? This is because the above firms have SEC- affiliated parent companies.

2 Likes

Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
You type like a deranged, fustrated, brainless person, sorry. I have other important things to do than exchanging words with a low life cretin like you, bye. cheesy

Says the flatin0 minimum wage piker making investment decisions off telegram groups... grin
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by brandmix: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
Emm so what do we do now
Re: SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms by studentofTruth: 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2021
lalasticlala:
SEC NIGERIA

Proliferation of Unregistered Online Investment and Trading Platforms Facilitating Access to Trading in Securities Listed in Foreign Markets

08/04/2021.

The attention of the Securities and Exchange Commission (the Commission) has been drawn to the existence of several providers of online investment and trading platforms which purportedly facilitate direct access of the investing public in the Federal Republic of Nigeria to securities of foreign Companies listed on Securities Exchanges registered in other jurisdictions.

These platforms also claim to be operating in partnership with Capital Market operators (CMOs) registered with the Commission. The Commission categorically states that by the provisions of Sections 67-70 of the Investments and Securities Act (ISA), 2007 and Rules 414 & 415 of the SEC Rules and Regulations, only foreign securities listed on any Exchange registered in Nigeria may be issued, sold or offered for sale or subscription to the Nigerian public.

Accordingly, CMOs who work in concert with the referenced online platforms are hereby notified of the Commission's position and advised to desist henceforth. The Commission enjoins the investing public to seek clarification as may be required via its established channels of communication on investment products advertised through conventional or online mediums.

Signed Management

It's a pity that some people think that the NSEC is addressing Ponzi scheme platforms with this statement.

Actually, in this statement, NSEC is attacking the likes of Trove, Bamboo, and Chaka, which are platforms one can use to invest in foreign stocks from Nigeria.

It seems these big boys that have rendered the NSE a pump and dump exchange are pressuring NSEC to prevent Nigerians from investing in foreign stocks so that they will have no option than to bring their money to the NSE, offering them more money for their schemes. They have noticed that Nigerians are leaving their fraud-laden NSE for them.

You see why I need to leave this country that is always trying to cage us.

25 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Invest In Treasury Bills When Theres Stanbic's Mutual Funds? / Chaka Receives SEC License For Stock Trading In Nigeria / My Friend Lost His House Rent To MMM. He Has Been Evicted !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.