Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached (4239 Views)

Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout / Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout / Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2021
The Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria, JUSUN said yesterday that its strike was still on because no concrete resolution had been reached.

The legal adviser to JUSUN, Mariam Usuf-Gusau, stated this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.

“The strike is still on while we await the outcome of the negotiation, we are not backing off until our demands are met,” she said.

JUSUN began an indefinite strike on Tuesday over continued delay to implement financial autonomy for the judiciary.

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had on May 22, 2020, signed the Executive Order 10 for the enforcement of the financial autonomy status granted to state legislature and judiciary in the Nigerian Constitution.

Executive Order 10 of 2020, made it mandatory for all states to include the allocations of both the legislature and the judiciary in the first-line charge of their budgets.

The order also mandates the accountant-general of the federation to deduct from source amount due to the state legislatures and judiciaries from the monthly allocation to each state, for states that refuse to grant such autonomy.

“How can state high courts beg from governors for what is constitutionally theirs,” Usuf-Gusau sais.

In the same vein, Sunday Adetola, an Abuja-based lawyer urged government to meet the demands of JUSUN for financial autonomy.

Adetola told NAN, “Does government understand the symbiotic relationship between justice and social cohesion? Justice is the sacred womb where peace and tranquility are conceived and birthed.

is the more reason why financial autonomy should be advanced to the highest heaven.

“Why is it so difficult for the Executive arm of government to come to terms with the point that reducing the Judiciary to a toothless bulldog will inevitably translate to more security spending and needless waste of human and material resources in dealing with the resultant anarchy/consequences of failure in the justice sector,” Adetola said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/strike-still-on-no-concrete-resolution-reached-judiciary-workers/

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by airminem(f): 7:33am On Apr 09, 2021
Hmm If you are invited by the Nigerian Police on a Friday, my people reason well o coz when dem detain u, omo na weekend u go spend with the police till Monday(no release on bail for weekend) angry

4 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Dton339: 7:34am On Apr 09, 2021
This is no longer funny at all

Anyway I will Design a Professional Logo or Letterhead for your Product or Company For 2k Only
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Baawaa(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2021
“How can state high courts beg from governors for what is constitutionally theirs,” Usuf-Gusau sais.
Judiciary sold themselves to the governors that is why they are treating them the ways they like

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by PHPdeveloper502(m): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2021
the judiciary should be allowed to be independent. how can an arm of government be paying the salary of another arm

2 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by ChiefAfonja: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2021
TINUBU GOOFED FOR THE SECOND TIME.

I SIGN THAT HE IS TOO, OLD, DEMENTED, NOT WORTHY TO BE VOTED FOR.

MAY BE ON WEED AS PEOPLE NORMALLY SAY.

I AM SAYING THIS SO WE CAN AVOID A REPEAT OF BUHARI undecided

4 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Simplebeauty: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2021
undecided

undecided
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by cawova: 8:44am On Apr 09, 2021
I see.

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Woa.. This country is really in shambles.
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Drsnives(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2021
I foresee the strike been called off soon
I foresee the govt of the day giving the policy of no work no pay.. and I saw then running like dogs with their tail in-between their legs like cowards

This I have seen

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by larrixauto2017(m): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2021
Available Now
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by samnet123: 8:49am On Apr 09, 2021
God help this country
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Duplexxx: 8:50am On Apr 09, 2021
Not fell
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Seniorwriter(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2021
So bad a time
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Thegoodtravels: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2021
I do hope our country would get it right someday.
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2021
It is well.
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by indodon(m): 8:54am On Apr 09, 2021
How can nigeria grow? The incumbent president is very old and the person everyone is tipping as the next in line is older..

I fear for the future of a Nigeria with no future.

For me every other matter is trivial
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 09, 2021
Mnhh
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 09, 2021
The Judiciary needs to independent. The three arms of government are to exist independent of one another, what should exist is checks and balances.

The Judiciary should exist by itself or control its own affairs, without external interference from either the Legislative or Executive arm of Government.

Autonomy is a necessity, having the freedom to govern and make decisions that affects the body/arm.

Where the Executive arm of Government dictates how the affairs should be in the judiciary, it's an abuse of power and unconstitutional. How then can there be true impartiality of the Judiciary?

The Executive arm of Government is not superior and shouldn't be. There should be a measure of equality amongst the various arms of Government.

Then again nah talk we sabi talk for this country.... Just talk, with little or no action...
We will keep talking....
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by REALretep(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2021
Hmmmmh
Table don almost shatter.
I just de watch

Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by bestman09(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
cheesy
My lawyer collected N5000 from me for a court hearing slated for Wed, the 7th April.
I didn't know of this strike as I traveled to my village for Easter.
Can you imagine how corrupt we are in this Nation? How could he even think I won't find out?
Re: Judiciary Workers: Strike Still On, No Concrete Resolution Reached by bestman09(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
angry

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Will Not Be Part Of Biafra - Goodluck Jonathan. / Godwin Ikechukwu Abumisi: Enugu, Ugwuanyi Is In Our Good Books / Obi's Odds To Win On Naijabet Suddenly Crashed To 2.20 Odds. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.