Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Southerners, Leave The North. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners, Leave The North. (876 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Southerners Are Moving En Masse Out Of NE And NW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southerners, Leave The North. by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 19, 2011
Come back home. Theres enough land for you and your family. We have had enough of this madness.
Call our Southern brothers to leave the North.
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by namfav(m): 8:38am On Apr 19, 2011
southerners are welcome in the north, you are a fear monger as i speak there are southerners working freely in kano, kaduna etc. but if things escalate then it will not be safe, the same for notherners in the south
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by bdman: 8:40am On Apr 19, 2011
let them come back so we can re-act back, i miss obj
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by Ikengawo: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2011
no.

a nigerian man that goes to north nigeria is still a nigerian man and has same rights in all part of nigeria.
more southerners should head north. nobody can chase you around in your own country.
there is no north nigeria at the UN, only Nigeria, this is your house.

if they come with knieves comes with guns, but this is your country. this is your house.
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 19, 2011
namfav:

southerners are welcome in the north, you are a fear monger as i speak there are southerners working freely in kano, kaduna etc. but if things escalate then it will not be safe, the same for notherners in the south
the killings is just too much and its escalating. Check now? For how many years? Isnt safety first a better option?
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by olawalebabs(m): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2011
@porter Let's be mindfull of what we say, your statement is capable of inciting violence. You are not on the spot so dont know what is happening. Am sure you rely on hearsay. In such a situation it is only a soothing word that we need and not the type that will blow the ember of violence. Success Nigeria
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by Blazay(m): 9:15am On Apr 19, 2011
Let them sit there and get roasted.
I don't know what Southerner in his or her right mind will live in places like Northern Nigeria.
Just like I do not know what Sharia-worshippers are doing in Southern Nigeria.
I do not pity anyone who falls victim to sectarian violence.

Next time they would mind their territories and their businesses.

I will not even live in that dorty Lagos of a place, not to mention Northern Nigeria.

But if Nigeria divides sha. . . .ammo head North. cool
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by Gbawe: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2011
Let us not speak out of idealism alone. Southerners in the North should be very careful. This is only the beginning in my opinion. Unrest will carry on throughout GEJ's tenure . I can't forget all that was done to sabotage OBJ's Presidency even when it was legitimately accepted that it was the turn of the SW. Talks of impeachment were constant. We saw one violent crisis after another all , IMO, aimed at frustrating OBJ . The whole Sharia thing , in a secular Nation, was a ruse to deliberately cause problems for Southerners and , by extension , OBJ . Yerima , the champion of Sharia, is as corrupt as they come and a paedophile to boot . Every small event was deliberately blown out of proportion. Beauty contest coming to Nigeria was an opportunity for radicals to kill Christians. Danish caricature of Mohammed was the green light for the killings of Christians in the North when the original event had nothing to do with any Nigerian.

I am just really apprehensive for what is ahead . The influential radicals in the North will never stop painting GEJ as a "usurper". Folks like Atiku blatantly threatened violence now he comes out to pretend he condemns it . There will be a lot of treachery from the North against GEJ's Government . Folks will never stop trying to make life difficult for him.

My advice to GEJ is that he must ditch his "all things to all men" style . He must refrain from trying to pacify everyone with important and influential office to recognise that it is strong men[b] in [/b]strong institutions who can make his Presidency a success . Men like Col. Umar should be brought in while the likes of Anenih must go . Interestingly , Umar, so far, is the only prominent Northerner who has come out to praise the election and appeal for calm.

GEJ must embrace merit as his employment mantra. Do what is right and everyone will get behind him quickly against the troublemakers and "born to rule" agitators . Lead for Nigerians and no one else . We saw how many in the North maintained a "damned if you do damned if you don't " relationship with OBJ . It is likely to be worse for GEJ . He cannot pacify folks , as he has done so far in the past , for 4 years . that will mean nothing is achieved. It was extremely disappointing to see GEJ , after brave men took to the street for him , returning to the status quo with how he deployed mediocrity everywhere . Femi Falana , for example , did everything . He marched he sued he talked and he shouted . I will watch GEJ's appointment after May . If I don't see someone like Umar as head of EFCC or Femi Falana as AGF/Minister of justice  then I know we are in for more "business as usual" leadership. I suspect that is all GEJ is capable of but I will be happy to be proven wrong.  

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/umar-praises-polls-conduct-calls-for-peace/

Umar praises polls conduct, calls for peace
On April 19, 2011 · · In News

By Ebele Orakpo

KADUNA — Former Kaduna State Governor and civil rights activist, Col. Abubakar Dangiwa Umar (rtd), has described the National Assembly and presidential elections as free, fair, and praise-worthy. saying “Nigerians have disappointed our detractors who say we never can organise free, fair, and praise worthy elections.”

In a statement in Kaduna, Umar said the conduct of the two elections showed that the country’s democracy was growing, adding that the peaceful conduct of the electorate also proved that Nigeria has come to terms with civil governance.

He appealed to political leaders, especially the presidential candidates, to call their members and supporters to order and avoid actions that might overheat the polity and cause the nation to be mocked.

He said: “As leaders, they must know they will get the blame for any foolish actions their supporters take. The nation looks up to them and the world expects them to show leadership at this critical moment of our history.”

All Nigerians have an obligation to step forward and help the political leaders, the civil authorities and the security agencies maintain law and order in all parts of the country.”

In the same vein, Umar advised the eventual winners to be humble in victory and extend hands of fellowship to contestants that did not win. “ Let us finish this election in the same responsible manner we started it. And those who lose in this contest will do well to remember that another opportunity will become available some four short years from now.

They should ensure that nothing is done either by themselves or on their behalf to undermine or even destroy the fragile peace and stability we enjoy in this country today,” he stated. Continuing, he said: “Democracy will not be worth its price tag if major elections such as this pitch us against each other and make enemies of otherwise friendly neighbours. We owe a duty to make democracy work for Nigeria as it did for other nations,” he said.

He praised President Goodluck Jonathan for making good his pledge not to use his position and interfere with the work of INEC but to allow the Commission enjoy its law_given independence and also the INEC Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega whom he said has unequivocally vindicated all those that have been swearing with his integrity.

Umar noted that while God would always anoint the leader, it is the people who will cast the votes to elect them. “For the office of the President, our founding fathers, in their wisdom, made additional laws requiring that candidates not only obtain overall majority of votes cast but to get at least 25% of votes in 67%  of the states of the federation.

This was designed to promote our integration into one big family and deny sectional or divisive candidates a place in the nation’s seat of power,” he said.
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2011
olawalebab:

@porter Let's be mindfull of what we say, your statement is capable of inciting violence. You are not on the spot so dont know what is happening. Am sure you rely on hearsay. In such a situation it is only a soothing word that we need and not the type that will blow the ember of violence. Success Nigeria
what soothing words? What rubbish? Unless you are not in Nigeria thats why you writing this. I know whats happening on ground, i know from the Red Cross. Its not funny. Also check past records, do you think its funny? Soothing words is all we need? And my brothers are being killed up north? And you dont want me to call them home? angry
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
bump
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2011
People should do everything they can for their own security

If living in the North as a Southerner means your security is not guaranteed then by all means rethink the idea.

Do not use your blood or those of your family as specimen for Nigeria's long road to peace and stability.

Come back to the South and help buildd the South where peace reins. By the time it is clear that this is the case our Norhern brothers will then do some honest soul searching and ask themselves why.
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by monkeyleg: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
I do think it is time Southerners start seriously thinking of coming back south. I have family in the North, and we have always cautioned them about it.
Re: Southerners, Leave The North. by olawalebabs(m): 10:27am On Apr 23, 2011
babaearly:

what soothing words? What rubbish? Unless you are not in Nigeria thats why you writing this. I know whats happening on ground, i know from the Red Cross. Its not funny. Also check past records, do you think its funny? Soothing words is all we need? And my brothers are being killed up north? And you dont want me to call them home? angry
i am right here where the violence is going on, so dont tell me what i know, what am saying is that the way people are taking it to be, no any reasonable solution can be gotten. Moreover, what most people are reporting on this forum is just half truth and not the real situation of what is happening. If all southerner should leave is there anything you give us?

(1) (Reply)

The World Is Looking Out For Nigerian Content –subair / Bomb Blast Hits Army Market In Bauchi / Gej Summons Ringim From Usa To Fix Boko Haram Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.