Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State (39182 Views)

Wike Bans Nightclubs, Prostitution In Port Harcourt / Rivers: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo / Wike Bans IPOB, Stanley Mgbere Declared Wanted, N50 Million Bounty Placed On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Allen102: 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
Eastlink:
Yes, I’m a proud Igboman and will never deny my ethnicity. Now, get it into your thick skulls and focus on your useless Bayelsa. Imagine Ijaw clowns from Delta and Bayelsa coming to tell us how to run our state. When that one start? You people should be careful.
Oh you are igbo! No wonder! i regret even replying you self.

All I can pick from your write-up is nugsukvdazyknbiiyrwzvnlllmoitee%$_£¥€_%^£
lol. The Tonye you are busy accusing me of being is an Okrikan man whose a proud ijaw citizen,i know it's pains you to your bone that we Okrikans are proud of our ijaw roots while the Ikwerres denied being igbo it sucks i know lol.

Keep up with your delusion he go shock you like film.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Allen102: 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2021
WorWorBoy:
I've been watching you sharing you arguing and labelling everyone who said there are ijaw in Rivers State tonye.
Now let me break it down for you i am an Okrika man from Ogu/ bolo, i have no other tribe than the ijaw tribe. Igbo people who invade Okrika during the war,rape our mothers, sisters and force their husbands and brothers to watch are in no position to tell us where we belong. Our fathers were proud ijaw fighters who fought against yours for our freedom and we their children will not disrespect their memories by claiming something they fought against for.

We Okrikans are ijaw people and our territories start from new road down to Okujagu waterfront all in slaughter.
Your plans to get rid of our identity so that you will make us fourth class citizen in Rivers state will fail and will always fail till the end of time.
Now I know you will call me tonye but who cares? i've made my point which is loud and clear.
Mbre! Don't waste your time on that clown he's igbo,they are very arrogant and full of pride,but a rude awakening await them soon.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Graysons: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
Eastlink:
Yes, I’m a proud Igboman and will never deny my ethnicity. Now, get it into your thick skulls and focus on your useless Bayelsa. Imagine Ijaw clowns from Delta and Bayelsa coming to tell us how to run our state. When that one start? You people should be careful.
Who gives a fvvk about your 419,drug dealers, human trafficking, unwanted Igbo lost jews from isreal? No one grin

It is the Okrikans who are proud of their ijaws root I'm interested about, God bless them very well.
Not some aba made jew. grin

3 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Graysons: 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
WorWorBoy:
I've been watching you arguing and labelling everyone who said there are ijaw in Rivers State tonye.
Now let me break it down for you i am an Okrika man from Ogu/ bolo, i have no other tribe than the ijaw tribe. Igbo people who invade Okrika during the war,rape our mothers, sisters and force their husbands and brothers to watch are in no position to tell us where we belong. Our fathers were proud ijaw fighters who fought against yours for our freedom and we their children will not disrespect their memories by claiming something they fought against for.

We Okrikans are ijaw people and our territories start from new road down to Okujagu waterfront all in slaughter.
Your plans to get rid of our identity so that you will make us fourth class citizen in Rivers state will fail and will always fail till the end of time.
Now I know you will call me tonye but who cares? i've made my point which is loud and clear.
Kill that idiot that called himself Eastlink kill him with facts brother kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by PoloG: 9:41am On May 01, 2021
Graysons:
Who gives a fvvk about your 419,drug dealers, human trafficking, unwanted Igbo lost jews from isreal? No one grin

It is the Okrikans who are proud of their ijaws root I'm interested about, God bless them very well.
Not some aba made jew. grin
have mercy on that cursed igbo fool grin
Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by BlackSaints: 12:37pm On May 01, 2021
Eastlink:
Tonye stop messing around. If you like change monikers, and like your comments 500 times, even bring along your fellow drunk IYC/INC members here to talk trash, we full ground. Tell Bishopmagic the other drunk Ijaw clown from Delta to stay clear of Rivers matter before thunder strike una.

You can cry to the Atlantic but get it into your thick skull, that Ijaw exist only in Bayelsa. There are no Ijaws in Rivers state. Maybe you were shocked that a River dude can say this to you. But times have change and many of us have learnt to stop being diplomatic with you clowns.

Stay in your useless Bayelsa and stop using Rivers stare as a front to fight other states. The stupidity you want to bring up in fighting Akwa-Ibomites have been going on for a while now. You clowns should stay in your lane.
Allen102 is right about you,you are very arrogant and full of pride. You are igbo yet you think you can tell others who they are and where they are from? Amazing. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by BlackSaints: 12:42pm On May 01, 2021
WorWorBoy:
I've been watching you arguing and labelling everyone who said there are ijaw in Rivers State tonye.

My brother i tire oooo, people way know our history more than us.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Graysons: 2:48pm On May 01, 2021
PoloG:
have mercy on that cursed igbo fool grin
I don't really have their time but I find it funny how that Eastlink who is igbo have enough confidence to speak on behalf of other people is very very funny to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Afriifa(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2021
Eastlink:
You Bayesa clown. So it has gotten to dragging the good people of Rivers state with your skirmishes with Awka-Ibom people.

I can see how you and Tonye with his alternate moniker have been dancing naked publicly. Be careful Mr Man else we begin to bring up Ijaw matter as well in P/H. Just one day will be enough to demolish all your ramshackle in our watersides. The one Amaechi didn't complete is still in the pipeline.

So if humans are talking, Bayelsa Ijaw clown sef go put mouth. I guess the Batcha you dey manage for Bundu don dey make your head swell. In your superiority battles with the Akwa-Ibomite never you drag us into it. Next time bring up Yenagoa your godforsaken capital and leave P/H alone.
You're a Big Fool! Rivers Pikin indeed. Shame on you for claiming another man's state as yours, just to feel relevant. Your Dad must be proud of you

2 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Afriifa(m): 7:29pm On May 01, 2021
BlackAdam55:
I don't understand why they are trying so hard to tell us where we belong smh
You the mind them? I'm also Ijaw. From Delta though! Please tell me about Diobu, is it an Ijaw settlement in Rivers? I have a Facebook friend from Diobu, she claims to be an Ijaw girl, but her short videos on fb are usually have Igbo-like words.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by SaintBishop: 8:24am On May 02, 2021
Afriifa:
You the mind them? I'm also Ijaw. From Delta though! Please tell me about Diobu, is it an Ijaw settlement in Rivers? I have a Facebook friend from Diobu, she claims to be an Ijaw girl, but her short videos on fb are usually have Igbo-like words.
You should ask worworboy he seems to know the ijaws settlements in Rivers State.
Btw the girl ijaw you are talking about which clan is she from?
Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by sageb: 12:09pm On May 02, 2021
Afriifa:
I have lived in Diobu (mile 2) that area is owned by the Ikwerre people.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Afriifa(m): 10:16pm On May 02, 2021
sageb:

I have lived in Diobu (mile 2) that area is owned by the Ikwerre people.
Thanks for the clarity
Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Eastlink(m): 2:27am On May 04, 2021
Afriifa:
You're a Big Fool! Rivers Pikin indeed. Shame on you for claiming another man's state as yours, just to feel relevant. Your Dad must be proud of you
Of course my Dad is proud of me. Focus on your own state and stop pocknosing into the affairs of others. I don't remember when last we involved ourselves in Delta matter. Why then put mouth into our business.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Eastlink(m): 2:33am On May 04, 2021
WorWorBoy:
[s]I've been watching you arguing and labelling everyone who said there are ijaw in Rivers State tonye.

Now I know you will call me tonye but who cares? i've made my point which is loud and clear[/s].
All lies. You can keep telling yourselves that crap in your Delta and Bayelsa villages, because nobody gives a hoot about it anymore. Our eyes don clear.

So Igbo people were raping their aunties and cousins for fun. Clap for yourselves.Yet no single evidence of the so-called rape except in your ogogoro INC/IYC western zone gathering.

I guess many of you still don't understand the blood link of Rivers state. No wonder you continuing thinking you can push up that post-civil war trash. I dey laugh una. If that is the agenda you lot push in your drunk INC meeting, then you’ve failed. I guess you lots are also pushing this trash in Kalabari, Okrika and Bonny groups. It's now I see why you were chased out from the Wakrike Facebook group when you tried this stale tactics.

Tell them in that drunk INC gathering that you failed in your mission. And tell them again that nothing like Ijaws in Rivers state. The same way we have Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Etche is the same way we have Kalabari, Okrika, Andoni, Ibani. If you are looking for Ijaws, look towards Bayelsa because that's where we banished them to in 1998. Any Ijaw you find in P/H is a tenant from Bayelsa living temporary in our state.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by WorWorBoy: 10:02am On May 08, 2021
Eastlink:
All lies. You can keep telling yourselves that crap in your Delta and Bayelsa villages, because nobody gives a hoot about it anymore. Our eyes don clear.

So Igbo people were raping their aunties and cousins for fun. Clap for yourselves.Yet no single evidence of the so-called rape except in your ogogoro INC/IYC western zone gathering.

I guess many of you still don't understand the blood link of Rivers state. No wonder you continuing thinking you can push up that post-civil war trash. I dey laugh una. If that is the agenda you lot push in your drunk INC meeting, then you’ve failed. I guess you lots are also pushing this trash in Kalabari, Okrika and Bonny groups. It's now I see why you were chased out from the Wakrike Facebook group when you tried this stale tactics.

Tell them in that drunk INC gathering that you failed in your mission. And tell them again that nothing like Ijaws in Rivers state. The same way we have Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Etche is the same way we have Kalabari, Okrika, Andoni, Ibani. If you are looking for Ijaws, look towards Bayelsa because that's where we banished them to in 1998. Any Ijaw you find in P/H is a tenant from Bayelsa living temporary in our state.
Okrika people are not igbos you idiot since when did igbos became our aunties and cousins? are you suffering from down syndrome or something ? yes igbo people invade my hometown rape,kill and kidnaped my people this is the truth clown like you and your people don't want to accept. But no matter how hard you try to deny it,it won't change the fact that igbos brought destruction on my people.
It is you who know nothing about Rivers state,igbo man like you who is not from Rivers State shouldn't be talking about Rivers affairs, the last time I checked, there are no igbos in Rivers state so mind your business igbo man and concentrate on your 5 eastern state where you truly belong clown.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Graysons: 10:20am On May 08, 2021
Eastlink:

Is it the same Okrika you are boasting about that you uplands will never support to be governor of Rivers state or is it another Okrika? grin You keep saying that Okrikans chase ijaws out of their group why not share screen shot of Okrikans casing ijaw people out of their group? grin And what do you mean by our state? since when are igbos indigines to Rivers state?Smh grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Allen102: 10:35am On May 08, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Okrika people are not igbos you idiot since when did igbos became our aunties and cousins? are you suffering from down syndrome or something ? yes igbo people invade my hometown rape,kill and kidnaped my people this is the truth clown like you and your people don't want to accept. But no matter how hard you try to deny it,it won't change the fact that igbos brought destruction on my people.
It is you who know nothing about Rivers state,igbo man like you who is not from Rivers State shouldn't be talking about Rivers affairs, the last time I checked, there are no igbos in Rivers state so mind your business igbo man and concentrate on your 5 eastern state where you truly belong clown.
Bere Oooo. These igbos are funny creatures i swear lol.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Nobody: 10:43am On May 08, 2021
ubaobi:
The hatred for Igbos is quite alarming. The biafran war didn't end in 1970, it continues in the hearts and minds of Nigerians till date.
That is why it puzzle's me when I see Igbo unity beggars. They give the impression Igbos have no self respect.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by SaintBishop: 10:49am On May 08, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Ouch! grin grin
Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by SaintBishop: 10:54am On May 08, 2021
jerseyboy:
That is why it puzzle's me when I see Igbo unity beggars. They give the impression Igbos have no self respect.
But it is true na,the way that your brother Eastlink is behaving show signs of lack of respect.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Nsiehi: 1:32pm On May 08, 2021
ImpactCrater:
If really he is not, then may fate grant him his wish and make his condition worse than the one he is using to scam people.

He has been on this scamming and impersonation here on nairaland for over 2 years now. Watch out for him, he will be back in 2 weeks' time with another moniker but the same video and sub story.
Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by bigfrancis21: 7:24am On May 21, 2021
chrisxxx:

The forceful changing of our names was the genesis of Ikwerre people bitterness with the Igbos.
You call Ikwerre a subgroup of Igbos because of the size of igbo. Now reverse the order with Ikwerre having 5 States and Igbo having just LGA you would not say the say. If my language sounds like yours it doesn't make me you or you me. It has been scientifically proven that we are not Igbos and Igbos are not Ikwerre.
Let me further educate you. Your way of life may have similarities with your brother but that doesn't make you your brother or your brother you. You people are related no doubt.
On Umu to Rumu, Bros when this argument comes out you people are descaling an about to be healed wound. Your people cane to a place that is not theirs and started to change names of Ikwerre settlement. Those of us in Ph and Obio Akpor call children Rumu. Those in Ikwerre and Emuoha have different names for it. Some call Omu like in Aluu. You might have heard about Omuoko. Some call Oma. You might have heard of Omadema. Some call Emu. You might have heard of Emuoha. Some call Rnu. You might have heard of Rundele. That is how it is. But the Igbos came and forcefully started to change names. Bros until the Igbos apologize to us the Ikwerre people we will always nurse this bitterness and resentment. I have a lot of igbo friends but it is based on personal character.
If we change name did we also change language?
The Ikwerre people were in the national assembly before the war and even at the height of igbo domination of Nigeria to make a case that we are not Igbos.
Please check this out.
Remember we are brothers Ikwerre man won't contend this but we are not Igbos just as Igbos are not Ikwerre people.

I totally understand that Ikwerre have their different dialectical versions for 'umu' but you need to understand that Igbos did not intentionally change Ikwerre names. At the time Eastern Nigeria had been in force, standard Igbo was created as a way of overcoming the barrier between mutually unintelligible Igbo dialects. This is similar to standard English that we have to learn out of the many many English dialects out there. Take the UK for example, plenty English dialects exist in Britain alone. Chelsea, Manchester, Liverpool etc., are all English villages with their accents, sharply different from London English, which is the standard or received pronunciation English that the whole world has adopted as official. Here in the US, there are several English accents as well starting from North to Southern US, whites speak differently from blacks, however everyone has to learn the standard English dialect taught in schools.

All across Igboland, several Igbo villages were named according to standard Igbo. In Enugu, for example, thousands of such exists. Obinagu vs Obulagu as the villagers call it, Ozalla vs Ozara, Isiagu vs Ishiagu etc. Are you aware that the Anam people in Anambra say 'omu' and not 'umu'? However ALL of their villages say 'umu', according to standard Igbo naming conventions.

Some Igbo dialects have alphabets not even covered in standard Igbo. Awka people would say, 'ivbe', which is actually 'ebe' (o ivbe o du/o ebe o di) in standard Igbo. Standard Igbo lacks 'vb' cluster of alphabets. 'Zh' exists in Owerri dialect (as in o zhiere nu bed - he/she lies on the bed), but it is absent in standard Igbo. Anam people would call woman 'nwanya', not 'nwanyi'. Ika people of Delta call the same woman, 'mgba'.

However, I understand that some of you might not see yourself as Igbos and reject the standard Igbo naming convention, something which applies to SE interior, and prefer to have it according to your native dialects, that's totally fine. This is just to clear the notion that Igbos 'knowingly changed your village names'.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by blues234: 8:14am On May 21, 2021
SaintBishop:
But it is true na,the way that your brother Eastlink is behaving show signs of lack of respect.
Eastlink is a Rivers guy from ONELGA, so he is has a say in Rivers matter. Make una rest kwani, Ijaw people. Not all Igbo speaking groups deny Igbo, like the Ikwerre.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2021
bigfrancis21:

I totally understand that Ikwerre have their different dialectical versions for 'umu' but you need to understand that Igbos did not intentionally change Ikwerre names. At the time Eastern Nigeria had been in force, standard Igbo was created as a way of overcoming the barrier between mutually unintelligible Igbo dialects. This is similar to standard English that we have to learn out of the many many English dialects out there. Take the UK for example, plenty English dialects exist in Britain alone. Chelsea, Manchester, Liverpool etc., are all English villages with their accents, sharply different from London English, which is the standard or received pronunciation English that the whole world has adopted as official. Here in the US, there are several English accents as well starting from North to Southern US, whites speak differently from blacks, however everyone has to learn the standard English dialect taught in schools.

All across Igboland, several Igbo villages were named according to standard Igbo. In Enugu, for example, thousands of such exists. Obinagu vs Obulagu as the villagers call it, Ozalla vs Ozara, Isiagu vs Ishiagu etc. Are you aware that the Anam people in Anambra say 'omu' and not 'umu'? However ALL of their villages say 'umu', according to standard Igbo naming conventions.

Some Igbo dialects have alphabets not even covered in standard Igbo. Awka people would say, 'ivbe', which is actually 'ebe' (o ivbe o du/o ebe o di) in standard Igbo. Standard Igbo lacks 'vb' cluster of alphabets. 'Zh' exists in Owerri dialect (as in o zhiere nu bed - he/she lies on the bed), but it is absent in standard Igbo. Anam people would call woman 'nwanya', not 'nwanyi'. Ika people of Delta call the same woman, 'ika'.

However, I understand that some of you might not see yourself as Igbos and reject the standard Igbo naming convention, something which applies to SE interior, and prefer to have it according to your native dialects, that's totally fine. This is just to clear the notion that Igbos 'knowingly changed your village names'.
Thanks for your reply. I see a lot of sense in it. Secondly your exposure, travel and education has made you a different Igbo other than most of them we meet here.
I have done an honest research on the connection between the Igbos and Ikwerres profoundly. As a young man I have tried to search if there is any agreement to deny our ancestry. Conclusively all the results came out negative. My maternal grandmother was Igbo from Umuahia. I searched this topic up to her. I asked her if there was a time her husband being an Ikwerre man saw himself as an Igbo person. She said no. That there was always demarcation between the Ikwerre man and Igbo person. That they see themselves as one being brothers but not as in Ikwerre being Igbos or vice versa.
Igbos can harness the relationship between them and the Ikwerre people and other Igboid group to form a union just like UK. There is a tie between the Ikwerres and Igbos no doubt but one is not the other.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Igboid: 9:03am On May 21, 2021
chrisxxx:

Thanks for your reply. I see a lot of sense in it. Secondly your exposure, travel and education has made you a different Igbo other than most of them we meet here.
I have done an honest research on the connection between the Igbos and Ikwerres profoundly. As a young man I have tried to search if there is any agreement to deny our ancestry. Conclusively all the results came out negative. My maternal grandmother was Igbo from Umuahia. I searched this topic up to her. I asked her if there was a time her husband being an Ikwerre man saw himself as an Igbo person. She said no. That there was always demarcation between the Ikwerre man and Igbo person. That they see themselves as one being brothers but not as in Ikwerre being Igbos or vice versa.
Igbos can harness the relationship between them and the Ikwerre people and other Igboid group to form a union just like UK. There is a tie between the Ikwerres and Igbos no doubt but one is not the other.

Please there is no special tie between Ndiigbo and Ikwerre that doesn't exist between Ndiigbo and Annang, Igala, Efik, Ogoja, Idoma, etc.
Don't flatter yourselves. You are not that significant.
The only reason you are in conversation is only because your Ikwerre ancestors were unable to do the simplest of things expected of a group, which is to evolve your own independent language like the Annang and Igalas who we even share more with, did.

And by the way, there is nothing Ikwerre has to offer other than hate, treachery and deceit for Igbos to harness from.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2021
Igboid:

Please there is no special tie between Ndiigbo and Ikwerre that doesn't exist between Ndiigbo and Annang, Igala, Efik, Ogoja, Idoma, etc.
Don't flatter yourselves. You are not that significant.
The only reason you are in conversation is only because your Ikwerre ancestors were unable to do the simplest of things expected of a group, which is to evolve your own independent language like the Annang and Igalas who we even share more with, did.

And by the way, there is nothing Ikwerre has to offer other than hate, treachery and deceit for Igbos to harness from.

You are welcome. If you observed I only replied a civilized Igbo person not a barbarian and disgruntled bitter soul.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Igboid: 12:50pm On May 21, 2021
chrisxxx:

You are welcome. If you observed I only replied a civilized Igbo person not a barbarian and disgruntled bitter soul.

Lol!
Says a man whose ancestors lost their Bini language and now speak a mutilated version of mine.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 12:56pm On May 21, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!
Says a man whose ancestors lost their Bini language and now speak a mutilated version of mine.
One simple test to know who owns the language, what is your word for 'Yes'?

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by Igboid: 1:44pm On May 21, 2021
chrisxxx:

One simple test to know who owns the language, what is your word for 'Yes'?

One simple question to know who mutilated whose language.
Do they speak Igbo in Bini kingdom the land of your Ikwerre ancestors? grin

4 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by blues234: 2:01pm On May 21, 2021
chrisxxx:

during my early sojourn in Port Harcourt, when I was still in School, I lived in Rumukwurushi, an elderly man was my landlord.
We had lots of argument on whether Ikwerre is Igbo or not, this was early as 2005... note, Biafra was never in the picture.
But I realized that the Ikwerre never liked been Igbo. What really sprout the argument, is my ability to comprehend them, when they speak, as an Igbo.
Well, in one of those argument, the elderly man, he could be late now, made me to understand, that some of them are related to Ngwa people in Abia state, while some are aborigine, from time immemorial. In other words, they have always been there kamgbe ebi ye bi.
If you tell me that Ikwerre is autochthonous to her location, I will not doubt you, but you see this bini angle, and the accusation that we imposed our language on Ikwerre, doesn't just sound daft to me, but also very mischievous
Re: Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
blues234:

during my early sojourn in Port Harcourt, when I was still in School, I lived in Rumukwurushi, an elderly man was my landlord.
We had lots of argument on whether Ikwerre is Igbo or not, this was early as 2005... note, Biafra was never in the picture.
But I realized that the Ikwerre never liked been Igbo. What really sprout the argument, is my ability to comprehend them, when they speak, as an Igbo.
Well, in one of those argument, the elderly man, he could be late now, made me to understand, that some of them are related to Ngwa people in Abia state, while some are aborigine, from time immemorial. In other words, they have always been there kamgbe ebi ye bi.
If you tell me that Ikwerre is autochthonous to her location, I will not doubt you, but you see this bini angle, and the accusation that we imposed our language on Ikwerre, doesn't just sound daft to me, but also very mischievous
Thanks bro. I am Ikwerre but never in any way believe the Bini angle. I have got no relationship with them.
Though this angle of Bini started from Ekpeye people. Not even the Ikwerres. The Ekpeye people said they migrated from Bini with their Ihnurnoha brothers. This was how the Bini angke started. The Bini culture can still be found with the Ekpeye and Ogba people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Politician And His Brother Stab Themselves During Fight In Imo. Graphic Photos / 81 Senators Pass Vote-Of-Confidence On Saraki, Senate President / Rachael Dickson And Her Quadruplets Arrive Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.