Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. (195 Views)

Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? / Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by livingchrist: 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Everyone need Jesus because all our suppose good works/ righteousness are filthy rag before God.

Jesus is the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world, if you do not have sin Jesus wouldn't have died for you.
Believe on Jesus as your Lord and saviour and recieve the gift of righteousness.

Cc Jesusjnr, kobojunkie, Nuttella
Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
The level of your son's shows the extent of God's mercy and Grace. Thank God for Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by LisaAnneMia: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
livingchrist:
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Everyone need Jesus because all our suppose good works/ righteousness are filthy rag before God.

Jesus is the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world, if you do not have sin Jesus wouldn't have died for you.
Believe on Jesus as your Lord and saviour and recieve the gift of righteousness.

cheesy grin cheesy You're looking for trouble this night
Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by Kobojunkiee: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
livingchrist:

I am not sure about your statement that everyone needs Jesus Christ since Jesus Christ Himself told you that what He has to offer, the New Covenant, is for those who are weary and are heavy-laden. So obviously those who are not weary or heavy-laden would probably see things differently. undecided

Yes, Jesus Christ, is the lamb prophesied of the prophets to die because of the sins of His people , the sinners and not those already righteous. undecided

Nowhere in the teachings of Jesus Christ and even the message of the prophets is righteousness depicted as a gift but instead as works. undecided
Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by Brunicekid(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2021
Very true... The Lord uses the worst at times,to show how it's in him only we can find total righteousness!!
Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by Kobojunkiee: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
The level of your son's shows the extent of God's mercy and Grace. Thank God for Jesus.
Level of your sins? How do you know the level of your sins? undecided
And how do link that to God's mercy and "grace"? undecided

You do realize that there are unbelievers out there who don't believe in Jesus Christ -they are not sinners but instead judged and condemned to die aka walking dead as far as God's Kingdom is concerned - but live according to some of what Jesus Christ's laws. They believe instead that some of Jesus Christ's teaching can be reasonably considered wise. undecided
If they, not believing, can successfully keep even some of His, Jesus Christ's laws, what value does your statement there, as one who believes in Jesus Christ, hold where God is concerned? undecided
Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by livingchrist: 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
cheesy grin cheesy You're looking for trouble this night
cool
Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by livingchrist: 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I am not sure about your statement that everyone needs Jesus Christ since Jesus Christ Himself told you that what He has to offer, the New Covenant, is for those who are weary and are heavy-laden. So obviously those who are not weary or heavy-laden would probably see things differently. undecided

Yes, Jesus Christ, is the lamb prophesied of the prophets to die because of the sins of His people , the sinners and not those already righteous. undecided

Nowhere in the teachings of Jesus Christ and even the message of the prophets is righteousness depicted as a gift but instead as works. undecided
here the prophet Isaiah saying God's righteousness would be revealed in future.

Isaiah 56:1
Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Remember the law and the prophets speaks of Christ.
Re: The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. by Kobojunkiee: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2021
livingchrist:
here the prophet Isaiah saying God's righteousness would be revealed in future.

Isaiah 56:1
Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Remember the law and the prophets speaks of Christ.
Isaiah did not say that God's salvation and righteousness are free gifts, neither did Jesus Christ, the one who is God's salvation and righteousness promised through the prophets, suggest that what He offered was given as gifts. undecided

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Jesus Christ made it clear to all that there was indeed a price to pay for what He came to offer, and that price had to be paid by each one who would choose Him over the world. His own disciples also paid the price that is expected of us all

Matthew 19 vs 26-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Jesus looked at them and said, “This is something that people cannot do. But God can do anything.”
27. Peter said to him, “We left everything we had and followed you. So what will we have?”
28. Jesus said to them, “When the time of the new world comes, the Son of Man will sit on his great and glorious throne. And I can promise that you who followed me will sit on twelve thrones, and you will judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
29. Everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children, or farms to follow me will get much more than they left. And they will have eternal life.
30. Many people who are first now will be last in the future. And many who are last now will be first in the future.
As for discipleship, Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God, declared that only those who accept(trust) and obey His teachings/rules abide by/in Him, and He will abide in them - will be His followers. undecided

John 15 vs 5-10(ESV)
5. “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I to you, you will produce plenty of fruit. But separated from me you won’t be able to do anything.
6. If you don’t stay joined to me, you will be like a branch that has been thrown out and has dried up. All the dead branches like that are gathered up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7. Stay joined together with me, and follow my teachings. If you do this, you can ask for anything you want, and it will be given to you.
8. Show that you are my followers by producing much fruit. This will bring honor[c] to my Father.
9. “I have loved you as the Father has loved me. Now continue in my love.
10. I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and he continues to love me. In the same way, if you obey my commands, I will continue to love you.

(1) (Reply)

Kukah: The Cleric That Provokes Buhari’s Presidency / My Pastor Said I Was Going To Die But I Lived / My Response To Mhmsadyq On From A Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.