Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? (934 Views)

The Righteousness Of Man Is Nothing But A Filthy Rag Before God. / Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
Which Is As A filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness?

I have already used the instances of Job and several others to prove that man's righteousness was not as filthy rag in God's sight as wrongly assumed by many Christians, but that it was man's wickedness instead that was as filthy rags in God's sight.

There are many other supporting instances in the Bible which dwarfs the idea that man's righteousness was as filthy rags in God's sight, but just want to share just a few of them here just to clear any doubts left.

Before I do so, i would like you to observe the sharp difference between God's attitude towards man's righteousness and wickedness, to show that both cannot be as filthy rags before Him. So it has to be one or the other, hence I would like you to choose one which you believe is as filthy rags before God, between man's righteousness and wickedness.

Proverbs 15:9 (KJV)

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

Proverbs 15:8 (KJV)

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

Proverbs 15:29 (KJV)

The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

Psalms 66:18-19 (KJV)

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

Proverbs 28:9 (KJV)

He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

1 Peter 3:12 (KJV)

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

John 9:31 (KJV)

Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

My own answer to the question is obviously wickedness because the way God treats wickedness and the wicked is the same way filthy rags are treated, but the righteous are treated as precious treasures which are really valuable to Him.

So I've chosen mine, now over to you.

God bless.
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

I have already used the instances of Job and several others to prove that man's righteousness was not as filthy rag in God's sight as wrongly assumed by many Christians, but that it was man's wickedness instead that was as filthy rags in God's sight.

Man's Righteousness refers to Righteousness or Rightness Determined and Set by man himself, which is Mostly Very Filthy and Unrighteous.
Example, where man says that it is righteous for the first son to Inherit all his father's property to the exclusion of his siblings!

All the Righteous men in the Bible did not choose and determine righteousness but simply Feared God and Understood that His Will is that men should do Only that which is Right and Good above and over all that is not right and not good.

Therefore, it was not their Righteousness but God's Righteousness!

Additionally! Even in the sight of man, evil and wickedness is Always Always a Horrible Thing to look upon As Proven in Crime Section!

Therefore, it Must be Very Very Terrible in the Eye of The Lord, if False Rightness is even horrible to look upon!

1 Like

Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Ammishaddai: 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
I still have the belief that man's righteousness is as a filthy rag before God. The proof of this comes from the Book of Job4:17-19.

1 Like

Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ammishaddai:
I still have the belief that man righteousness is as a filthy rag before God. The proof of this comes from the Book of Job4:17-19.

Any Rightness as determined by man which falls short of the Greater Rightness of God will and must be Filthy.

Because, Rightness Always means the Absence of Injustice and Unfairness!

And All God's Rightness Completely and Absolutely Fulfill this Just is and Fairness Requirement
but man's own set of rightness generally falls short. Eg "Do Not Give, Else you would be Poor!"
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:11am On Apr 16, 2021
Man's wickedness is as filthy rags in God sight hence He treated it as such and disposed of it during the days of Noah when He destroyed man from the Earth because of Man's wickedness. Genesis 6:5-7

Howevr at the same time God decided to preserve that which was a valuable treasure in His sight, which is Man's righteousness, hence His saving the life of the only righteous man on Earth called Noah and His family. Genesis 7:1

God bless
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by MightySparrow: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

There are many other supporting instances in the Bible which dwarfs the idea that man's righteousness was as filthy rags in God's sight, but just want to share just a few of them here just to clear any doubts left.

Before I do so, i would like you to observe the sharp difference between God's attitude towards man's righteousness and wickedness, to show that both cannot be as filthy rags before Him. So it has to be one or the other, hence I would like you to choose one which you believe is as filthy rags before God, between man's righteousness and wickedness.

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

John 9:31 (KJV)

Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

My own answer to the question is obviously wickedness because the way God treats wickedness and the wicked is the same way filthy rags are treated, but the righteous are treated as precious treasures which are really valuable to Him.

So I've chosen mine, now over to you.

God bless.

You always bring thought provoking topics showing that you are a real disciple given to study. Thump up Sir.

Somebody used a statement to.humble himself or congregation before God, it is now taking as doctrine.

To God righteousness seems to mean so many things: ( I deliberately don't use references because of lazy folks that post ignorance,)
Abraham believe God, it became his righteousness.
Phineas killed a adulterous couple, it became hi righteousness, in fact, he earned him the position of the High priest.

What is righteousness,? A way or action that meet the holiness - expectations of God in humans.
If someone used the ' filthy rag' to show his inadequacies, fine. In worship of God, many such and lies are often included. Example God who sits in heaven and his foot reaches the earth. Where exactly is heaven? How far apart? If Heaven is so far from the earth, God's shape would be abnormal.
All that have seen God in vision, have not described God that way.

God gave righteousness of conscience, Law, and through Jesus. A standard to strive to attain or maintain.
Where do people find their own definitions or righteousness?
Anyways, Israelites did the same.

For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Romans 10:3

Kobojunkie is invited to contribute nonsense again.
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by truespeak: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Respectively, man does not own Righteousness, it is God's so therefore the question should be shall the Owner of Righteousness Consider you Righteous?

Or shall He Look at your Acts which you Consider Righteous as an Abomination and Totally Despise it thus Filthy Rags to Him?

For it is His Judgment that Is Relevant and Not yours for you either pass by His Standard or Fail by it!

Exactly as it is the Examiner who shall Mark your Script and Not You!

The Bible References you supplied below support this Truth!

jesusjnr2020:

Whose Righteousness?

Is it man's?

Certainly Not!

jesusjnr2020:

Upright according to man or God?

Surely, God!

jesusjnr2020:

Same here!

jesusjnr2020:

Why hath God heard him?

For he turneth not away from hearing the Law!

jesusjnr2020:

Whose Law?

God's!

For All of God's Laws Are the Most Rightestest and Thus He Recommends the Doing of Them!

Again Righteousness According to God!

jesusjnr2020:

John 9:31 (KJV) Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Same here!

Righteousness is Always Always God's Never Man's for He is the Maker, Determinant and Marker of Righteousness and if He Who is All these and More Says your righteousness is Filthy Rags to Him, He is Surely saying He has Graded what you people call Righteousness and you have Grievously Failed!

Thus the question any Reasonable Person should be asking is What Would God call Righteous and Pleasing to Him?

Shall your doing of What you Call "Righteousness" be found Sweet and Acceptable in His Sight like Abel's or Shall it be Despised and Rejected as Cain's?

This is for Every Man if He Cares for His Soul to Answer for Himself!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Man's wickedness is as filthy rags in God sight hence He treated it as such and disposed of it during the days of Noah when He destroyed man from the Earth because of Man's wickedness. Genesis 6:5-7

Howevr at the same time God decided to preserve that which was a valuable treasure in His sight, which is Man's righteousness, hence His saving the life of the only righteous man on Earth called Noah and His family. Genesis 7:1

God bless

Why do you hate learning?

Have you not heard that "He that is taught of himself, has a fool as his master?"

"Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning"

"Be not wise in thy own eyes!"

What does the Spirit of "Righteousness mean? Is it not pertaining to that which is Right and Good, what wicked people reduced and wrong fully called "Morals"?

Look at all the Acts and Actions of the people celebrated and Acknowledged by God to be Righteous, were such Acts/Actions not Right and Good and Fair, which did not wound any one?

It is now you "Real Eyes" that you never really knew the Difference between Right and Wrong: Good and Wicked!

For Righteousness as Seen in the Acts/Actions/ Deeds/ Doings of those Declared to be Righteous in the Bible ALWAYS refers to those Acts/Deeds which were Right and Good and wounding No One!

UpRight is Up-Right meaning "High-Right" further meaning either "Right that is Full" or the Highest Right that could be Possibly and Practically Done"

This is their Truest meaning as Proven and Exhibited in the Bible!

Man's Righteousness refers to the Deeds and Acts which man determines and determined to be Right (and Good) eg Exactly like you saying and teaching "God decided to preserve Man's righteousness, RATHER THAN SAY THAT GOD PRESERVED HE WHO DEED AND HELD UNTO GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS"

"I am THE WAY, The Truth and The Life"!

"Righteousness keepeth him that is Up-Right, IN THE WAY: but wickedness overthroweth the Sinner." Proverbs 13:6
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2021
MightySparrow:

You always bring thought provoking topics showing that you are a real disciple given to study. Thump up Sir.

Somebody used a statement to.humble himself or congregation before God, it is now taking as doctrine.

To God righteousness seems to mean so many things: ( I deliberately don't use references because of lazy folks that post ignorance,)
Phineas killed a adulterous couple, it became hi righteousness, in fact, he earned him the position of the High priest.

What is righteousness,? A way or action that meet the holiness - expectations of God in humans.
If someone used the ' filthy rag' to show his inadequacies, fine. In worship of God, many such and lies are often included. Example God who sits in heaven and his foot reaches the earth. Where exactly is heaven? How far apart? If Heaven is so far from the earth, God's shape would be abnormal.
All that have seen God in vision, have not described God that way.

God gave righteousness of conscience, Law, and through Jesus. A standard to strive to attain or maintain.
Where do people find their own definitions or righteousness?
Anyways, Israelites did the same.

For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Romans 10:3

Kobojunkie is invited to contribute nonsense again.

Thanks bro.

We're doing our best God helping us to ensure that people were given no excuses to continue in their ways of iniquity especially when they begin use the Bible to justify such.

Kudos for @ bolded!

It's as perfect as they come.

People don't understand the difference between what the righteous say when praying and humbling themselves before God and what God says or sees about them.

For instance, when righteous Job said he repented in dust and ashes after seeing God for the first time, they now interpret it to mean that he was previously a sinner and had repented of a sin he committed before God, even though God said he had not sinned, nor knowing that what he said was just a statement of humility before God his Maker especially after seeing Him for the first time ever.

The saying of Jesus to the rich young man that "there's none good but God" which was a statement of humility, now meant to those who want to justify their iniquity by all means, that there's none good or righteous, including Jesus Himself who was perfect in all ramifications.

It's just a shame that when people were determined in evil just as the Pharisees, there's nothing anyone, including Jesus, could say to make them see the Truth regardless of how glaring it was.

Thank God there are still those few, no matter how few, that are willing to know the Truth. They are the ones this was meant for not those who want to continue walking in ignorance.

Thanks for sharing. God bless.
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2021
Man's wickedness in the land of Sodom was as filthy rags in the sight of God, hence God treated it as such when He destroyed the land of Sodom to get rid of such wickedness.

Man's righteousness is a valuable treasure in God's sight, hence if there were just ten righteous men in the land, God would have spared the whole land for their sake to preserve such righteousness. Genesis 18:20-32
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2021
MightySparrow:

To God righteousness seems to mean so many things:

ONLY ONE! That which is Good, Very Good, Very Very Good to put it simpliciter!

MightySparrow:

Kind of not Correct!

Look at the First Act of Abraham As Recorded, Genesis 12:1: God Just Came and Commanded him to Move.

And what did he do? Did he disobey and make excuses as many people I know and you know?

No, He Obeyed God and Wil-fully Moved! (Hence he Acted or Action) in Law, we call it "Actus Reus"!

Is Obedience to God not Right Ab Initio?

Is Will-full Obedience to God Not The Beginning of Rightness or Righteousness?

So, Abraham Did Rights and his Rights that he Did Do were Taken Account of!

MightySparrow:

Was it not the Doing of The Rightness as Dictated and Set by Law?

The Acts and Actions of Obedience and in Obedience to God are Right and therefore are Righteousness!

Which is why to Obey God, is The Highest Rightness or Righteousness (whichever you prefer) that a man can do and must do hence "If you Love Me, keep (Obey) my Commandments"

MightySparrow:

Simply "That which is Good!"

For God Made All things Good and The Law is "He who has Sown Good must Take up Good."

Thus, Rightness is the Return/Harvest of that which was Planted Good, which is why The Law is "Depart from evil, and Do Good; and dwell for evermore" (which people now call Eternal Life)!

MightySparrow:

Where do people find their own definitions or righteousnessWhere do people find their own definitions or righteousness

From the Spirit!

Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts (Orders,Rules, Laws) diligently.

5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes (Laws)!

6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? BY TAKING HEED THERETO ACCORDING TO THY WORD.

10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O LET ME NOT WANDER FROM THY COMMANDMENTS.(Law)

11 Thy word (Law) have I hid in mine heart, THAT I MIGHT NOT SIN AGAINST THEE.

Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy Statutes (Commandments, Laws) Psalms 119
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by truespeak: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Man's wickedness in the land of Sodom was as filthy rags in the sight of God, hence God treated it as such when He destroyed the land of Sodom to get rid of such wickedness.

Man's righteousness is a valuable treasure in God's sight, hence if there were just ten righteous men in the land, God would have spared the whole land for their sake to preserve such righteousness. Genesis 18:20-32

Again, Not Man's righteousness but Righteousness of God!

Thus Righteousness According to God's Standard not Man's!

Consequently, a Righteous man is one who Keeps and Does God's Righteousness not his own!

He is one whom God Himself has Declared to be Righteous in Keeping with God's Standard not his own!

You teach man's righteousness which is in conflict with the Word of God thus an Error!

It is Wise to Desist from Speaking Errors and Misleading Simple and Innocent Souls!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Are you that blind, that you do not see that "Wickedness is unsightly to look at Exactly as Discarded Rags? Rags that are so Dirty and Filthy that they can not even be used for wiping the floor?

jesusjnr2020:

Man's righteousness is a valuable treasure in God's sight,..

Is this how much you hate the Truth of God that you would rebel against it?

Anyway, you know what happens to the rebellious!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:46am On Apr 16, 2021
truespeak:

Again, Not Man's righteousness but Righteousness of God!

Thus Righteousness According to God's Standard not Man's!

Consequently, a Righteous man is one who Keeps and Does God's Righteousness not his own!

He is one whom God Himself has Declared to be Righteous in Keeping with God's Standard not his own!

You teach man's righteousness which is in conflict with the Word of God thus an Error!

It is Wise to Desist from Speaking Errors and Misleading Simple and Innocent Souls!

Help me tell him oh! He Obviously hates himself!

I hope he is not one who "Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him."
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by truespeak: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Help me tell him oh! He Obviously hates himself!

I hope he is not one who "Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him."

Hmmm!

He brings to mind the saying in Proverbs 15:32 "He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul"

For his Soul's sake I hope he heeds the Warning in Proverbs 15:10
"Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die."
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:07am On Apr 16, 2021
truespeak:

Hmmm!

He brings to mind the saying in Proverbs 15:32 KJV "He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul"

For his Soul's sake I hope he heeds the Warning in Proverbs 15:10 KJV
"Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die."

My Sister, hmmmh!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by MightySparrow: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Kind of not Correct!

Look at the First Act of Abraham As Recorded, Genesis 12:1: God Just Came and Commanded him to Move.

And what did he do? Did he disobey and make excuses as many people I know and you know?

No, He Obeyed God and Wil-fully Moved! (Hence he Acted or Action) in Law, we call it "Actus Reus"!

The Acts and Actions of Obedience and in Obedience to God are Right and therefore are Righteousness!

Which is why to Obey God, is The Highest Rightness or Righteousness (whichever you prefer) that a man can do and must do hence "If you Love Me, keep (Obey) my Commandments"

For God Made All things Good and The Law is "He who has Sown Good must Take up Good."

Thus, Rightness is the Return/Harvest of that which was Planted Good, which is why The Law is "Depart from evil, and Do Good; and dwell for evermore" (which people now call Eternal Life)!

From the Spirit!

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? BY TAKING HEED THERETO ACCORDING TO THY WORD.

10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O LET ME NOT WANDER FROM THY COMMANDMENTS.(Law)

Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy Statutes (Commandments, Laws) Psalms 119

You try
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
MightySparrow:

You try

Thank you Judging Righteously!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
Man's wickedness is as a filthy rag in God's sight hence God wanted to destroy the City of Nineveh, because their wickedness was come up before Him.

But God proved man's righteousness is as a valuable treasure in His sight, when He decided to pardon the City and not destroy them as He had said, because of their works of righteousness after they had repented and turned from their ways of wickedness. Genesis 18:20-32
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Man's wickedness is as a filthy rag in God's sight hence God wanted to destroy the City of Nineveh, because their wickedness was come up before Him.

But God proved man's righteousness is as a valuable treasure in His sight, when He decided to pardon the City and not destroy them as He had said, because of their works of righteousness after they had repented and turned from their ways of wickedness. Genesis 18:20-32

No difference between you and kobojunkie, you are both Stones not flesh, blood and spirit; fountains that bring forth Sweet and Bitter waters!

Hear ye, if ye Truly be a Follower of Christ, and a Lover God, ye would have known that

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: IN DOCTRINE SHEWING UNCORRUPTNESS, gravity, sincerity,

8 SOUND SPEECH, THAT CANNOT BE CONDEMNED; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

But I have pointed out your Corruption in your Doctrine and Condemned your speech and you could not Answer, yet you continue in your Corruption and in your False Doctrine!

Ye, Continue as A False Prophet come to bring Destruction upon the Simple!

Cursed is he that confirmeth not All the words of This Law, To Do Them!

Ye bringeth the Curse on thy own soul!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by truespeak: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No difference between you and kobojunkie, you are both Stones not flesh, blood and spirit; fountains that bring forth Sweet and Bitter waters!

Hear ye, if ye Truly be a Follower of Christ, and a Lover God, ye would have known that

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: IN DOCTRINE SHEWING UNCORRUPTNESS, gravity, sincerity,

8 SOUND SPEECH, THAT CANNOT BE CONDEMNED; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

But I have pointed out your Corruption in your Doctrine and Condemned your speech and you could not Answer, yet you continue in your Corruption and in your False Doctrine!

Ye, Continue as A False Prophet come to bring Destruction upon the Simple!

Cursed is he that confirmeth not All the words of This Law, To Do Them!

Ye bringeth the Curse on thy own soul!

I verily Concur!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
A man's righteousness is as a valuable treasure in God's sight, hence Jesus said:

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for their's is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10 (KJV)

A man's wickedness is as filthy rags before God, hence the wicked who persecute the righteous for righteousness sake shall be cast into the lake of fire according to this saying of Jesus:

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 13:49-50 (KJV)

It's not a coincidence that this thread preaches and emphasizes righteousness.

So let the wicked, haters of righteousness who persecute the righteous for righteousness' sake, keep filling up the measures of their iniquity, they would end up being casted out as filthy rags by God at the end.

God bless.
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by truespeak: 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
A man's righteousness is as a valuable treasure in God's sight, hence Jesus said:

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for their's is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10 (KJV)

A man's wickedness is as filthy rags before God, hence the wicked who persecute the righteous for righteousness sake shall be cast into the lake of fire according to this saying of Jesus:

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 13:49-50 (KJV)

It's not a coincidence that this thread preaches and emphasizes righteousness.

So let the wicked, haters of righteousness who persecute the righteous for righteousness' sake, keep filling up the measures of their iniquity, they would end up being casted out as filthy rags by God at the end.

God bless.

A Wise man Heareth Instruction and Increases in Learning but The Fool Curses He Who Reproves and Corrects Him!

We have Performed our Duty to God in Warning that the Way you go is Death unto your Soul but is is your God Given Right to Accept it or to Reject it as you have done!

However we would not Stand by and Allow you Mislead Other Innocent Souls!

We Shall Stand Against You in This Evil!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Matthew 13:49-50 (KJV) .

Is there Any Wrong Contained in Right? NEVER! Not even an atom!

Verify this and if I am Wrong Call me Out to Come and Publicly Tender A Thread of Apology to you, since I have Publicly Persecuted you!

Does A Right Thing have Any Objection or Complaint Whatsoever? NEVER!

It is Always Exactly as Written in Titus 2, "Uncorrupt, Unblamable, Infall-able, Unassailable and InComplainable because THERE IS NO REASONABLE WRONG THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

The Law is "Let No Corrupt Communication Proceed Out of Your Mouth, but that which is Good..." Ephesians 4:29

It is Written "Strive with No man without cause". I have Ought Against you and I have presented it and yet you were not able to defend it and neither did you accept responsibility nor accept correction.

Thus compelling me to move against you in an attempt to stop your mouth by The Authority of Titus 2:11-13

"Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith"

It is Written, A Bishop Must be BLAMELESS... NOT SELFWILLED, NOT SOON ANGRY, A LOVER OF GOOD MEN, JUST, HOLY, TEMPERATE, REASONABLE;

So we Persecute you not, But it is The Law of Righteousness which Condemneth you, because you did not hearken unto RIGHTEOUSNESS WHEN IT CALLED,
As Abraham Did, When He Called Unto him.

But you chose to continue in thy own way after thine own thought and walked not in the way of Righteousness!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
Man's righteousness is as a valuable treasure in God's sight, so when you are righteous, do not worry about what the wicked (men) make of your righteousness, because it's not up to what they think, but all about what God thinks of you.

So even if they persecute and accuse you falsely for Christ's or righteousness sake, keep your focus on God and what He says concerning you, because God says great shall be your reward at the end.

Matthew 5:11-12 (KJV)

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

That orientation is what's kept me going strong here in Nairaland in spite of the sheer amount of persecutions and false accusations I face here for Christ's and righteousness sake.

My eye is on the prize!

My eye is on God and not men, so I keep getting stronger and better regardless, as souls are being saved more than ever before, delivered from bondage, lives are being transformed, demons are being casted out here in NL, to the glory of God and to the shame of the devil.

And this is only the beginning for blessed are the righteous, and great is their reward because they are a delight in the sight of God!

So if you're righteous, rejoice!

God bless.
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by truespeak: 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
If any choose to follow after the Mouth of Deceit, it shall be not because they were not Warned but Because They Love Lies.

Be ye all Warned!

Jnr Speaks not the Truth to You All But Lies to your face!

And even in spite of the Truth put to him which he could not Rebut he Continues to Spew Lies and Deceit!

You have been Warned!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Man's righteousness is as a valuable treasure in God's sight

Yeah, like he went to the market and said "Madam, give me one carton of righteousness"

And she gave him receipts and particulars!

It is Written, All Unrighteousness is Sin!

God is The Owner, Commander and Supreme Judge of Righteousness not man!

All the creation called man is Required to do, is To Do Righteousness as Dictated by God as Recommended or he can choose to be On A Frolic of his own (man's own righteousness!)

And this False Prophet Deceitfully tells you that "Man's righteousness is Valuable in God's Eyes"

He Must Not Be talking about Righteous God, Creator of All Things including Righteousness but about someone else!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2021
Matthew 7:6 (KJV)

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

What the dogs and swine are doing on this thread, attacking me using own multiple monikers, quoting and responding to their own comments, is exactly why Jesus said we shouldn't cast our pearls before the dogs and swine.

But these pearls are not meant for such ones who are spiritually blind and ignorant to the Truth, hence do not know the value of them, but for the Lord's sheep who do.

So please kindly ignore them.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by truespeak: 10:18am On Apr 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Matthew 7:6 (KJV)

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

What the dogs and swine are doing on this thread, attacking me using own multiple monikers, quoting and responding to their own comments, is exactly why Jesus said we shouldn't cast our pearls before the dogs and swine.

But these pearls are not meant for such ones who are spiritually blind and ignorant to the Truth, hence do not know the value of them, but for the Lord's sheep who do.

So please kindly ignore them.

Thanks and God bless.

grin grin Typical of your type!

When you Cannot Answer me or Dtruthspeaker you begin to Accuse us of being the same!

I have answered your type before neither shall I tire of answering you for you Resort to Lies and False Accusation when Caught in Lies and Deceit grin grin

However your Wrongful Accusation does not take away the fact that you teach Lies and Deceit, neither would it Prevent me from Coming Against you when you teach Lies and Deceit nor Warning that if Anyone Listens to you they have themselves to Blame!

Now in Addition to your being a Liar, Deceiver and False Prophet you have added the Offence of False Accuser!

Continue to rack up offences for the Day of Reckoning Approacheth!
Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by MightySparrow: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Kind of not Correct!

From the Spirit!

You tried, try more.

1 Like

Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by MightySparrow: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Thanks bro.

We're doing our best God helping us to ensure that people were given no excuses to continue in their ways of iniquity especially when they begin use the Bible to justify such.

Kudos for @ bolded!

It's as perfect as they come.

People don't understand the difference between what the righteous say when praying and humbling themselves before God and what God says or sees about them.

For instance, when righteous Job said he repented in dust and ashes after seeing God for the first time, they now interpret it to mean that he was previously a sinner and had repented of a sin he committed before God, even though God said he had not sinned, nor knowing that what he said was just a statement of humility before God his Maker especially after seeing Him for the first time ever.

The saying of Jesus to the rich young man that "there's none good but God" which was a statement of humility, now meant to those who want to justify their iniquity by all means, that there's none good or righteous, including Jesus Himself who was perfect in all ramifications.

It's just a shame that when people were determined in evil just as the Pharisees, there's nothing anyone, including Jesus, could say to make them see the Truth regardless of how glaring it was.

Thank God there are still those few, no matter how few, that are willing to know the Truth. They are the ones this was meant for not those who want to continue walking in ignorance.

Thanks for sharing. God bless.

Appreciate you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
There are two types of righteousness, the one determined by man's discernment and that which is specified by God Himself.
Both can lead a man to God's Kingdom where we will live under Jesus' government for 1,000 years so all the people who lived by conscience based on their discernment regarding right and wrong will be resurrected but as UNRIGHTEOUS ones since they're the sole determinant of their own standard not what God ordered!
As for those who had direct dealings with God like Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and other servants of God, they are declared righteous for living their lives in accordance with what God said.
However all those that had the privilege to live in the midst of God's people but refused to live in harmony with God's standard with the excuse that other people are doing quite well without God's standard will not be remembered because they despise sacred things that's why God said the righteousness they're seeing from afar is like filth in God's eyes!
For instance an Israelite may be doing quite well in Judaism and practicing all the righteousness the Pharisees teaches if such a person had the privilege of knowing the better standard which is counseling from God's son but refused to submit thinking he/she is OK with his/her former faith, then such a person will be condemned! Luke 18:18-23 smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice: The Mysterious Message A Stranger Shared With Me. / Saturday Or Sunday / Who Is Your Favorite Gospel Singer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.