Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? (14495 Views)

Should Christian Couples Practise Other Styles Of Sex Apart Frm Conventionastyle / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by doggedfighter(f): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

See i am not doin fine jare grin

Go get some cuddles,baby
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by femi4: 9:57am On Apr 11, 2021
Afiastikal:
Good day all

I noticed that most churches especially the not so new ones insist intending couples seek the face or mind of God towards their union.

This is to ensure the supposed union has heavenly approval.

So the big question is this, Do they really hear from God, like words to the ears or is it the usual God given instinct that every one possess that they eventually rely on

I know for instance that that if someone meets a good wife or husband material, there is this peace of mind that comes with being with the person or the thought of getting married to the person.. It is worth to note that this feeling, instinct or intuition is also present in a normal human being

So,please do you guys really hear from God before getting married
Instinct
Peace of mind
Agreement

That's the mind of God

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by jaxxy(m): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2021
U do it based on how u normally do the right things u do. Whichever way that is.

Many say they heard God whereas they didn’t. It’s embarrassing.

Many confuse themselves trying different ways to hear from God that they have never heard from b4 all their lives. They consult all kinds of pastors and spiritualist.

Marriage works based on what works for u. Christians are not the only ones that marry, people who aren’t Christians also get married and many have good marriages. Follow the simple principles.

4 Likes

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Grace001: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2021
NiRfreak:

I belong to no strange place.. it's just normal curious thought...is the kpekus also sanctified? or can kpekus ever be sanctified?

Pastors in the house will tell us if kpekus can be santify

Power enter o
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by sterlingD(m): 10:06am On Apr 11, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Personally , there are so many factors.
That u hear from God doesn't mean there won't be challenges in the marriage.
How many couples retain their relationship with God after marriage?
There are normal home training u need to have nd if u don't have it marriage can't work even if u hear from God.
Spot on.Well said.This is the hard and cold truth.

1 Like

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by bignero: 10:13am On Apr 11, 2021
Afiastikal:
Good day all

I noticed that most churches especially the not so new ones insist intending couples seek the face or mind of God towards their union.

So the big question is this, Do they really hear from God, like words to the ears or is it the usual God given instinct that every one possess that they eventually rely on

I know for instance that that if someone meets a good wife or husband material, there is this peace of mind that comes with being with the person or the thought of getting married to the person.. It is worth to note that this feeling, instinct or intuition is also present in a normal human being

God is in a Christians spirit.. So you'd hear him through, intuition, inner voice, still small voice etc
... You wont hear an audible voice, ada thats your husband..

God doesn't choose... The Bible says "what things so ever ye desire".... Its you're responsibility to choose.. God can guide you..

When God guides you and you meet or see the person.. Something in you will pick interest in the person.. Like prompt you.. Like hey look what you're looking for.. Thats God major way.. He may also speak directly within you.. But not always, the sure way is an inner prompt.. But don't think you can ignore God all your life and all of a sudden start hearing today.. He speaks not all hear

5 Likes

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by sigiyaya112: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

Stop lying oga.
Righteousness2 Is a sick man and reasonable people dont take him serious smiley
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Offpoint1: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2021
Mokason288:
Yes and there is repercussions when they ignore the VOICE

Blessing and Peace of mind when they obey
Who was responsible for Adam's down fall?

Who gave Adam wife?

Ponder on the answers

1 Like

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Ruthymoon(f): 10:27am On Apr 11, 2021
grin they hear from their imaginations , how he/or she go be for aza room
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Mitishi: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2021
My take is that good marriage is from God, but those street girls always find good husband than the holy girls.why because they've seen it all, you can't dribble them and they can smell a rich and good guy from distance. He who finds good wife finds a good thing and favour from God and the formula of getting it is not by praying alone but applying common sense.
Afiastikal:
Good day all

2 Likes

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by OlawaleBammie: 10:42am On Apr 11, 2021
doggedfighter:

Go get some cuddles,baby

Chaii!!!

The person to give it is showing me Cameroon pepper
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by PierreAbutu(m): 11:03am On Apr 11, 2021
Afiastikal:
Good day all

Oga, forget about peace of mind, Satan aka Lucifer brought peace to heaven as a choir leader

Fast and pray for 3 days

Read Psalm 119:18 & Jeremiah 33:3 .......and ask God to show you who HE WANTS you to marry

1 Like

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by michresakidjo(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2021
Righteousness2:
GOD Speaks...
GOD leads..
GOD Directs..

It's about you
Are u attentive enough to Hear him?
Are u ready to give what it takes to Hear Him?
Are u willing to Obey?GOD'S Choice may not be your Choice!
Are u Sincere enough to Hear from Him or do you Have your Choice you bring to Him.

You Cannot Get GOD'S leading and Crash! It is impossible!

Many today go to GOD with their choice in mind and heart and that's why you get what is in your mind.

If you Genuinely need GOD'S Choice, go to GOD Genuinely with a Heart and Mind for only Him. Delete anyone from your thoughts.

How do I know when God speaks??

I have these two vioces contending Within me, that she's your wife, she is not your wife ooooo...I'm confused brother. This lady in question is a truely devoted child of God, she makes me move more closer to God than i had before I Met her... She's spiritually gifted, through her intercessory prayer I have learnt a great deal about my spiritual self.

Sir I must say this that she has the qualities everyman wants in a woman... 99% of what I prayed to God for

in fact she's an embodiment of the word Virtue.I haven't seen a lady of her kind i have taken time to observe and I do have good reports about her. I love her, she equally loves me.please help me. I have made vow to God never to date someone I can't marry, and this has kept me away from girls untill i met her. She too has been praying

We both haven't spoilt ourselves
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Taiwojon(m): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2021
Yes
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2021
Afiastikal:
Good day all

In my experience no they don't, they just think they do.
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2021
Through which medium do they hear from God? Mad people deceiving themselves everywhere
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Coronavirus84: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2021
Mokason288:
Yes and there is repercussions when they ignore the VOICE

Blessing and Peace of mind when they obey
Chris Oyakhilome a.k.a Daddy G.O Christ Embassy heard fro God yet him and wife still go astray in their marriage
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Afiastikal(m): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2021
Offpoint1:

Who was responsible for Adam's down fall?

Who gave Adam wife?

Ponder on the answers

A very good point bro
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by joelsky: 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
Well I don't know about the stories I'm reading here. But I heard from God before marrying. I can't forget the night I prayed for the will of God in marriage. That night God answered me in a dream. I dreamt and in that dream I saw the sister (don't want to go into long details). I knew instantly she was the one because I had peace of mind. Before the dream I never thought as a Yoruba man I would go for an igbo lady.

Not that I didn't have different other friends I could have married. But after this dream they fizzled out of my mind. In fact I had to stylishly tell them to look for their husbands (because many were already thinking I would propose to them).

Every step towards the marriage went on smoothly. All through the courtship there wasn't any major disagreement, in fact I was scared and tried to cause a misunderstanding at times to see her reaction. We have been happily married for 2years plus. And different favours and promotion have followed. We may have few disagreements but within minutes we are good to go. She has gone on to be my best friend, play and prayer partner.

GOD STILL HEARS AND SPEAKS.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Duplexxx: 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
People have different ways of worshipping their God

Is not by force i most worship God the way you're worshipping yours
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Righteousness2(m): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2021
michresakidjo:

How do I know when God speaks??

I have these two vioces contending Within me, that she's your wife, she is not your wife ooooo...I'm confused brother. This lady in question is a truely devoted child of God, she makes me move more closer to God than i had before I Met her... She's spiritually gifted, through her intercessory prayer I have learnt a great deal about my spiritual self.

Sir I must say this that she has the qualities everyman wants in a woman... 99% of what I prayed to God for

in fact she's an embodiment of the word Virtue.I haven't seen a lady of her kind i have taken time to observe and I do have good reports about her. I love her, she equally loves me.please help me. I have made vow to God never to date someone I can't marry, and this has kept me away from girls untill i met her. She too has been praying

We both haven't spoilt ourselves

My Brother, if you are truly looking up to GOD for Directions,there will be an Undeniable Conviction/ Encounter that GOD will give to you.

You will know it. There will be no confusion about it. The devil may try to bring some confusion but GOD's Direction will be so Solid to you. You will know it.

Before I got I married I had quite a lots of sisters who were willing to be my wife. But I had a Deal with GOD. I told Him LORD if I don't Hear you, I will not Marry. And I was so serious about it.
The Day DADDY spoke to me was so odd. I was not expecting it. Early in the Morning on that day, I had woken up but I was still in bed . I heard Bodly and Clearly You are Going to Sosososo.....

At that time , it sounded foolish Because I has nothing to do with what I was told. But few months later I clearly understood what I heard because it came Exactly as I was told..

2 Likes

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Fxwarrior: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Afiastikal:
Good day all

Even the well seasoned Pastors that supposedly dine with God have issues with their marriages which later led to divorce.

So 'hearing' from God is metaphorical.
Bible said "He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing.

God will not find no one for you but can guide you through his word or through his spirit to a possible match, the final agreement still rests with you.

It was said that the last finding God did and enforced was in the garden of Eden and you saw how Adam shifted blame to God.

2 Likes

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Iamdboss: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Lórí irọ́
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by WorkDesQ: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Seven content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by white3663: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Ambber:
Everybody is hearing from their desires- that’s my firm take and there is no better way to ensure validation other than to say ‘God said’. The voice of the people oops couple is the voice of God.. in other words...
lmao. Vox populi oops coupili vox dei
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by omolola12345(m): 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2021
Everything starts from being friends then with time liking then loving then marriage

1 Like

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Tohsynetita1: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So what happens when they claim they heard and married the one God willed for them only for it to end in bitter divorce much later? undecided

Hearing God doesn't guarantee future problem that might lead to divorce or anything,but it will m
ake one in line with the purpose on earth.

1 Like

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by michresakidjo(m): 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2021
Righteousness2:

My Brother, if you are truly looking up to GOD for Directions,there will be an Undeniable Conviction/ Encounter that GOD will give to you.

You will know it. There will be no confusion about it. The devil may try to bring some confusion but GOD's Direction will be so Sokid to you. You will know it.

Before I got I married I had quite a lots of sisters who were willing to be my wife. But I had their Deal with GOD. I told Him LORD if I don't Hear you, I will not Marry. And I was so serious about it.
The Day DADDY spoke to me was so odd. I was not expecting it. Early in the Morning on that day, I had woken up but I was still in bed . I heard Bodly and Clearly You are Going to Sosososo.....

At that time , it sounded foolish Because I has nothing to do with what I was told. But few months later I clearly understood what I heard because it came Exactly as I was told..

Hmmmm okay sir, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by EgusiShankly: 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
sparko1:

This is the most rational conclusion, I have attended churches, one thing I discover is, there are some fervent brothers and sisters in that church with some kind of special needs (like very short guys, ugly ladies, poor guys, funny teeth, one leg shorter than the other, and so on).

This sets of special persons are very fervent, comes to all church program, fast and pray, are workers, speak in touch.
Now anytime one of them says he/she sees the will of God for a regular person, the person always reject.

But when a handsome guy with car appears before he is six months in church he is married to the most fervent lady, or when a beautiful lady comes every fervent brother will see her.

It's simple, you see what you want!
perfect!!
Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
Afiastikal:
Good day all

Nobody hears shit from GOD about sex partners.
When you see someone that you like, it's normal for you to start thinking about them and imagining being together with them. This message is definitely sent to your subconscious mind and your subconscious mind in turn induces you to dream about them.
It is this simple oh!
But people go begin exaggerate say na GOD talk say may knack person daughter

2 Likes

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by maxzzo1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
There is always a inner feeling with strong conviction in a man in chosen a woman as a wife....Maybe that's God voice.....those vision ,hearing tinz ,I have reservations.... Be sincere to ursef If u ready to tolerate and over look some things that's the crust in the only school wen start they give u ur certificate.... Hapi Sunday guyz

2 Likes

Re: Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? by DivineDynamics: 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2021
People hear from God in different ways.

Our Lord remains able for ever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / TB Joshua Didnt Foresee Atta Mills Death / OPM Trains Members, Non-members For Free, Use Tithe Money For Sewing Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.