Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe (1442 Views)

Transgender, Rikkie Valerie Kollé, Crowned Miss Universe Netherlands 2023 / R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 / Stephanie Agbasi's Miss Universe Costume Gets Her Slammed By Nigerians (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
The miss universe show is around the corner and about 5 delegates have arrived the united states. But there are some annoying facts about some countries, contestants and supporters. This is a gossip but some are serious and real. Anyways, here they are

1) The outrageous number of luggages

My God! Why do contestants Carry luggages that are way too much. Are they staying there forever? I know that you have to show your glam and how fashionable you are but geez! Cut it down undecided
This is miss vietnam below

1 Share

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
2) The philippines toxicity

We all know that the philippines are one of the strongest countries whenever it comes to pageants. They give their Representatives maximum support. But what I dislike most is their toxicity to countries who who have equally strong Representatives. I have been following the miss universe pageant and I have to say that I don't like the hatred the philippines show to Miss Thailand. I know that you have to support your own but when you deliberately put down a contestant because she is a stong contender for the crown, it shows that you don't even believe in your candidate. It's wrong. Amanda obdam is just a contestant like Rabiya Mateo and they are both deserving of the title. Stop the war.

1st image_ miss philippines
2nd image- miss thailand

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
3) Nigeria is not partaking in the pageant

This is so so annoying. I know that the silver bird organization will give us the covid 19 excuse but wtf? Why shouldn't Nigeria be there? We are the giant of Africa and we should be taking the lead. If south africa, Cameron, Ghana, Egypt and other African countries are participating,why not Nigeria? We have to step up our game.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
4) Miss Canada is the odd one there

I'm not going to say much but do you think she should be competing with other beauty queens? undecided

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by falcon01: 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2021
hmmm.. Me what Annoys me is Tha Only Humans Participate in this Miss Universe No alien at all ooo but they'll still crown themselves miss Universe That's just selfish! which universe?? miss earth jare!
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Queenslander(f): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2021
Miss Canada thou,. shocked
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by anthonyuncle(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:
2) The philippines toxicity

We all know that the philippines are one of the strongest countries whenever it comes to pageants. They give their Representatives maximum support. But what I dislike most is their toxicity to countries who who have equally strong Representatives. I have been following the miss universe pageant and I have to say that I don't like the hatred the philippines show to Miss Thailand. I know that you have to support your own but when you deliberately put down a contestant because she is a stong contender for the crown, it shows that you don't even believe in your candidate. It's wrong. Amanda obdam is just a contestant like Rabiya Mateo and they are both deserving of the title. Stop the war.

1st image_ miss philippines
2nd image- miss thailand

miss philippines fine pass her
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by anthonyuncle(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
falcon01:
hmmm.. Me what Annoys me is Tha Only Humans Participate in this Miss Universe No alien at all ooo but they'll still crown themselves miss Universe That's just selfish! which universe?? miss earth jare!

alien from where?

abeg, no make us laugh
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by TMKsouth: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:

I'm not going to say much but do you think she should be competing with other beauty queens? undecided

Yes she should. Miss South Africa took it last year and many didn't think she would.

The idea of beauty is not just Western anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by anthonyuncle(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:

how this one take win?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
anthonyuncle:

miss philippines fine pass her

It's not about who fine pass but the hatred from the philippines. They are always like this.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
Queenslander:
Miss Canada thou,. shocked

grin
anthonyuncle:

how this one take win?

I tire sef
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yes she should. Miss South Africa took it last year and many didn't think she would.

She's more beautiful than miss Canada. Please don't insult my favorite queen undecided
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by anthonyuncle(m): 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:

It's not about who fine pass but the hatred from the philippines. They are always like this.

let her(miss thailand) people fight for her.

as for you, pack your bags, you will be representing nigeria
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by TMKsouth: 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:

She's more beautiful than miss Canada. Please don't insult my favorite queen undecided

I'm not saying Zozibini is ugly - just that she's not the typical Miss Universe we are used to.

Miss Canada also deserves a chance, especially since focus is shifting towards intelligence, compassion and talent, and no longer things like swimwear and Western ideas of beauty. She's got South Sudanese features, are we saying that country should never enter global beauty pageants?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm not saying Zozibini is ugly - just that she's not the typical Miss Universe we are used to.

Miss Canada also deserves a chance, especially since focus is shifting towards intelligence, compassion and talent, and no longer things like swimwear and Western ideas of beauty. She's got South Sudanese features, are we saying that country should never enter global beauty pageants?

I'm not even seeing the intelligence, compassion and talent you are talking about in her. She is just all about black lives matter. Anyways,we shall see her performance in the final.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
anthonyuncle:

let her(miss thailand) people fight for her.

as for you, pack your bags, you will be representing nigeria

grin grin
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by TMKsouth: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:

I'm not even seeing the intelligence, compassion and talent you are talking about in her. She is just all about black lives matter. Anyways,we shall see her performance in the final.

I'm not following it wherever it's being aired, so I don't know her either, but I support diversity.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's still the white man's way of keeping us in a bubbly fantasy world - beauty is brains, beauty is compassion blah blah...
Now, see the kind of representatives, that nations push forward, that in our quest to live the lie, we would water down the standards for.
Let a beauty pageant be what it is and let the intelligent ones go for maths competitions.

I would hate everybody too, if I were Filipino.. Just look at the beauty that you are telling me that that Thailand gurl trumped in the competition! Is your conscience not judging you on her behalf?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rocktation:

It's still the white man's way of keeping us in a bubbly fantasy world - beauty is brains, beauty is compassion blah blah...
Now, see the kind of representatives, that nations push forward, that in our quest to live the lie, we would water down the standards for.
Let a beauty pageant be what it is and let the intelligent ones go for maths competitions.

I would hate everybody too, if I were Filipino.. Just look at the beauty that you are telling me that that Thailand gurl trumped in the competition! Is your conscience not judging you on her behalf?

Hahahahahahahaha
Your views on pageants are weird. And, miss thailand is beautiful. I don't know why you can't see her beauty.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 11:09pm On Apr 10, 2021
But why is a Nigerian not going self? Are they tired already of doing thesame thesame gel pack, abi na updo una de call am? Because Agbani mistakenly used that mgbeke hairstyle to win, they did not want to let it rest again.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 11:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:

Hahahahahahahaha
Your views on pageants are weird. And, miss thailand is beautiful. I don't know why you can't see her beauty.

She's not more beautiful than the Filipino.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rocktation:

She's not more beautiful than the Filipino.

The pageant is still ongoing. If you want them to hate her because of beauty,then what would they do to miss Canada?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
Muna4real:

The pageant is still ongoing. If you want them to hate her because of beauty,then what would they do to miss Canada?

That one is outright slashing with a sharp carpenter saw! Let it serve as good deterrent to future dreamers, making the pageant deviate from its objective standards angry
How can someone fine finish, then one quick witted heifer, would coman be going home with the crown because she is honey-tongued?..Abegiii
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rocktation:

That one is outright slashing with a sharp carpenter saw! Let it serve as good deterrent to future dreamers, making the pageant deviate from its objective standards angry
How can someone fine finish, then one quick witted heifer, would coman be going home with the crown because she is honey-tongued?..Abegiii

You are wicked grin
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2021
tongue
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by illicit(m): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2021
That Miss Canada kiss
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by DissTroy(m): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:
But why is a Nigerian not going self? Are they tired already of doing thesame thesame gel pack, abi na updo una de call am? Because Agbani mistakenly used that mgbeke hairstyle to win, they did not want to let it rest again.

Women accuse men of bodyshaming and hatred but you are your own worst enemies. Over the years, men always praise and celebrate Agbani Darego's win but you jealous women keep attacking her needlessly.
Agbani was confident enough to go with her natural hair while you racially appropriate Caucasian hairstyles with wigs and weavons.

Already you've extended your hatred towards other Nigerian contestants. Same way you all bodyshame female celebrities or attack their looks and self-worth.

Attacking them wouldn't improve your looks. It wouldn't increase your self-worth. It wouldn't make you feel less inferior to the many beautiful women out there or the insecurities you feel when you uñdrëss in front of a mirror.

And, yes, Agbani and most of the other girls who've represented Nigeria look beautiful, their intelligence regardless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2021
DissTroy:

Women accuse men of bodyshaming and hatred but you are your own worst enemies. Over the years, men always praise and celebrate Agbani Darego's win but you jealous women keep attacking her needlessly.
Agbani was confident enough to go with her natural hair while you racially appropriate Caucasian hairstyles with wigs and weavons.

Already you've extended your hatred towards other Nigerian contestants. Same way you all bodyshame female celebrities or attack their looks and self-worth.

Attacking them wouldn't improve your looks. It wouldn't increase your self-worth. It wouldn't make you feel less inferior to the many beautiful women out there or the insecurities you feel when you uñdrëss in front of a mirror.

And, yes, Agbani and most of the other girls who've represented Nigeria look beautiful, their intelligence regardless.

.....And there will always be people like you, who will come and kill the lightheartedness...who are you disseminating all this gospel for? Get over yourself, dude. The point therein, is that they kept using the same mgbeke hairstyle to go for contests, after Agbani's win, as though they had a eureka effect that they didn't, prior to that. Which one is bodyshaming ontop hairstyle again?

Vengeful Africans like you are always looking to take offence, when objective people like me are not looking to offend you. Everything is an attack to you. Always basing your opinions on feelings, rather than looking at evidence. It is you apparently, who choose to judge beauty from the myopic prism of race. As you have demonstrated, people like you are quick to dole out explanations on how everyone should readjust their eyes to judge beauty or bristle over why people aren't slowing down their caucasianess, so your black asss can catch up. And yet, you will not leave their events alone. You will always want to contest their definition, in a bid to forcefully fit into something that they created.
And you are busy looking for the inferior person here. Lolzz. My dear, locate your mirror.

Say we allow ourselves be whisked off on your emotional detour and ride out your impassioned explanation of why they should all be on the same level of beautiful, shouldn't they all be handed a crown, then? You see why progress is almost impossible when one prefers delusion and emotionalism. Ohh African man with a shrunken sense of self, please begin to do better.

1 Like

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2021
In your rush to come and share your emotional take, I guess you forgot or were totally unaware, that the Agbani herself did not even conform to your understanding of having confidence. How confusing...and sad. cry

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by falcon01: 11:10am On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:
In your rush to come and share your emotional take, I guess you forgot or were totally unaware, that the Agbani herself did not even conform to your understanding of having confidence. How confusing...and sad. cry
Rockatation.... An old Name I haven't heard in a while. You finally remembered your NL password

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price T-shirt In Lagos Nigeria 2024 / Buying Fragrance: Do You Prefer Gift Sets Or Just The Perfume? / Best Male Trendy Store/shop/boutique In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.