Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe (1444 Views)

Transgender, Rikkie Valerie Kollé, Crowned Miss Universe Netherlands 2023 / R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 / Stephanie Agbasi's Miss Universe Costume Gets Her Slammed By Nigerians (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2021
falcon01:
Rockatation.... An old Name I haven't heard in a while. You finally remembered your NL password

I never left, man.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by DissTroy(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:
In your rush to come and share your emotional take, I guess you forgot or were totally unaware, that the Agbani herself did not even conform to your understanding of having confidence. How confusing...and sad. cry

To depict how hurt you are, you had to type a lengthy reply filled with gaslighting assertions and another reply with pictorial 'evidence'. You are the mentally enslaved that your basis of beauty is skin colour and hair type. So psychologically chained that you don't believe anything other than a Caucasian-style straight hair worn long can be beautiful so any black lady who does anything different is inferior.

You self-hating racist! We should take it as lighthearted when you insult a black woman's looks for doing something that is uniquely black but when whites or men do it, they are racists and misogynists, right? Different rules for you and the rest of the world, yes?

Oh, don't worry, Rocktation - I've seen your pictures and I am lighter-skinned than you are. Still, I don't believe skin colour is a singular basis to judge beauty.

You need therapy. No, not that type but a complete reevaluation. You have been conditioned to view beauty from the white person's prism. Same mental slavery which is making even fairer-skinned and silkier-haired Asians in countries which were colonised go for more Caucasian looks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by AHCB: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:

I never left, man.
I read your comments in the previous page, please can I ask what the standard/parameters is/are for judging 'beauty'?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
AHCB:
I read your comments in the previous page, please can I ask what the standard/parameters is/are for judging 'beauty'?

With all due respect, please find its definition on google, with emphasis being laid on sight. That said, I must prepare for any troll that might come to argue that there should be a 'black Google', which should have a definition that appeals to them.. Lol grin
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
DissTroy:

To depict how hurt you are, you had to type a lengthy reply filled with gaslighting assertions and another reply with pictorial 'evidence'. You are the mentally enslaved that your basis of beauty is skin colour and hair type. So psychologically chained that you don't believe anything other than a Caucasian-style straight hair worn long can be beautiful so any black lady who does anything different is inferior.

You self-hating racist! We should take it as lighthearted when you insult a black woman's looks for doing something that is uniquely black but when whites or men do it, they are racists and misogynists, right? Different rules for you and the rest of the world, yes?

Oh, don't worry, Rocktation - I've seen your pictures and I am lighter-skinned than you are. Still, I don't believe skin colour is a singular basis to judge beauty.

You need therapy. No, not that type but a complete reevaluation. You have been conditioned to view beauty from the white person's prism. Same mental slavery which is making even fairer-skinned and silkier-haired Asians in countries which were colonised go for more Caucasian looks.

This reply, if nothing, depicts how hurt you are. You typed a lengthy piece of nothingness...again. Calling someone a racist, doesnt make them one. Lol. It was you who said Agbani was confident to go contest with her natural hair. Now that I bring you a pictorial panacea, to clear your fuzziness, you started to make asinine remarks about the white man placing a monopoly on letting women's hair down. Hahaha.

Unique is good, so reclaim your mentality, hommie, and go be unique at your own events and stop slithering back to your slave masters for validation. Simple.

I'm not sure if you even understand that I didn't sign up on here, to actively tickle your funny bone with my opinions, because I find it quite funny, really, that you are this riled up, over a purported way that you insist on receiving them. Just get a grip, is all I can say, because you will not always find fulfillment from what others have to say.

I also laughed out loud, when you corrected course to admit your hypervigilance to being rebuffed, despite you being very yellow. This is about your personal battles in the end, indeed, but heaven knows that I can't save nobody from themself, based off something alleged over the internet, even if I wanted to.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by AHCB: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:

With all due respect, please find its definition on google, with emphasis being laid on sight. That said, I must prepare for any troll might come to argue that there should be a 'black Google', which should have a definition that appeals to them.. Lol grin
Already did, all the more reason why it's subjective because what might be beautiful to you, might not be beautiful to me.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
AHCB:
Already did, all the more reason why it's subjective because what might be beautiful to you, might not be beautiful to me.

Agreed! A hundred percent. See, I have the common sense to opine that someone is more beautiful than the other, 'physically', as this is the criterion on which I based my discussion with the OP for today. So someone coming to demand that it be watered down, for the sake of a group that has refused to find closure, is just weird. Whoever emerges as The Miss Universe pageant winner, as I know, is under the mercy of whoever has internet access, so yeah pretty much anybody can win. But that should still not affect individual opinions.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by AHCB: 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:

Agreed! A hundred percent. See, I have the common sense to opine that someone is more beautiful than the other, 'physically', as this is the criterion on which I based my discussion with the OP for today. So someone coming to demand that it be watered down, for the sake of a group that has refused to find closure, is just weird.
common sense base on something that is subjective? I believe you know someone you opine that is more beautiful than someone else, 'physically' might not be beautiful to another? Common sense have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Since beauty is subjective and is base on opinion (what appeals to the individual base on what they see) it clearly deviates from common sense. There is nothing like common sense when comparing two human beings, especially when the other person can't see with your own eyes.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
AHCB:
common sense base on something that is subjective? I believe you know someone you opine that is more beautiful than someone else, 'physically' might not be beautiful to another? Common sense have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Since beauty is subjective and is base on opinion (what appeals to the individual base on what they see) it clearly deviates from common sense. There is nothing like common sense when comparing two human beings, especially when the other person can't see with your own eyes.

But if the basic ability to perceive and judge in a way that corroborates a whole lot of others' methods, is available, would you still not call it common? Nothing is ever truly absolute anyway, so beauty being subjective, is kind of a moot point.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by AHCB: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:

But if the basic ability to perceive and judge in a way that corroborates a whole lot of others' methods, is available, would you still not call it common? Nothing is ever truly absolute anyway, so beauty being subjective, is kind of a moot point.
Nope, remember the word 'common,' a whole lot isn't the same as the entire whole.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
AHCB:
Nope, remember the word 'common,' a whole lot isn't the same as the entire whole.

The entire whole doesn't have to be onboard, for something to be objectively termed common.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by DissTroy(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:

This reply, if nothing, depicts how hurt you are. You typed a lengthy piece of nothingness...again. Calling someone a racist, doesnt make them one. Lol. It was you who said Agbani was confident to go contest with her natural hair. Now that I bring you a pictorial panacea, to clear your fuzziness, you started to make asinine remarks about the white man placing a monopoly on letting women's hair down. Hahaha.

Unique is good, so reclaim your mentality, hommie, and go be unique at your own events and stop slithering back to your slave masters for validation. Simple.

I'm not sure if you even understand that I didn't sign up on here, to actively tickle your funny bone with my opinions, because I find it quite funny, really, that you are this riled up, over a purported way that you insist on receiving them. Just get a grip, is all I can say, because you will not always find fulfillment from what others have to say.

I also laughed out loud, when you corrected course to admit your hypervigilance to being rebuffed, despite you being very yellow. This is about your personal battles in the end, indeed, but heaven knows that I can't save nobody from themself, based off something alleged over the internet, even if I wanted to.

Don't worry about me, Rocktation. My post history and antecedence on this platform are proof enough for any reader to know I never do emotional replies. That's your forte.
Feels powerless, right? Hit you with a jab of the truth and you can't fight back the the block button since this section is outside your domain?

Like I mentioned, I have seen your pictures and you don't look half as good as the women you so try to put down. For someone who claims not to feel strongly about this topic, you have been all over this thread with close to ten posts all reeking of resentment for other women who are obviously beautiful.

I'm a male and I don't need accessories glued to my body to look good. Ironically, you are the one who does make-up contours to make your nose pointier, use eyelashes and hair extensions to look as Caucasian as you can, yet you think yourself a worthy judge to sit on any beauty panel? You think yourself a worthy beauty and fashion critic?

Your reasons for choosing the other females over their Nigerian counterparts are evident enough: Skin colour and hair type. Oddly, you are as darkskinned and of the same hair type as the contestants (they look better than you, of course) which ironically is you declaring any fairskinned or light skinned female with straight hair is automatically more beautiful than you and yours would ever be.

Even more ironically, females like you complain about men going for lightskinned females (cue MrCôrk trolling materials). Well, this is one justification. Why should we go after females who have declared themselves ugly?

I'd remember to reference your posts the next time I'm in the mood to engage any Nairaland female who complains about this. I guess it's justification for me to have nearly always particularly been with fairskinned women over the years. It feels good I didn't go for the "ugly ones (according to you). Trust me, it does.

So, here's the summation: You are ugly. Just reaffirming your own thoughts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2021
OMG..I knew it's something to do with having your ass banned one too many times for lacking manners, you poor child. Go now disstroy and continue wallowing in self derision...until you probably self destruct. grin You did not need to read me an epistle of your pedigree, or of the grandiose delusional girls that you spend your manic moments with. I still considered you a human and honored you with responses. If anything, I'm happy that you fulfilled your lifetime fantasy of engaging me, outside my sections. It has definitely managed to make you salient, albeit for a split moment, in my space.

And funfact...I could 'block' your posts outside my sections, instantly, just by hitting the report feature. Yeahhh, I guess there are many benefits afterall, of being your superior kiss
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by SkengRay: 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hmmn. since Nigeria is not competing. I'm rooting for Philippines. I like Filipino girls grin . I have few Filipino friends but I hate their language
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by AHCB: 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rocktation:

The entire whole doesn't have to be onboard, for something to be objectively termed common.
Now this here is the snag. Enjoy your night, miss, or is it Mrs?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
AHCB:
Now this here is the snag. Enjoy your night, miss, or is it Mrs?

Lol. Pick one for me. Thank you and U2!
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Queenslander(f): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2021
Any reason why Nigeria isn't competing?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 30, 2021
Rocktation:

Lol. Pick one for me. Thank you and U2!
Seriously you need to change your view of Africans and yourself
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Beauty is not Caucasian
Beauty is beauty

We hate ourselves that's a major reason Africa is like this

Peace and love
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2021

Seriously you need to change your view of Africans and yourself
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Beauty is not Caucasian
Beauty is beauty

We hate ourselves that's a major reason Africa is like this

Peace and love

Read what this one wrote - Beauty is Beauty. Beauty is not Caucasian...But you need it to stay African. Because your oxygen supply is connected to that rhetoric.

Africa is probably what you say of it, because of the racial prejudices and bigotry, people such as yourself project onto other people.

Allow yourselves to begin to crawl out from that sunken place of post traumatic slave syndrome...so you may attain a level from which you can really begin to advice anybody.

PNL to U2.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2021
What's the update on this show self, muna4real?

Is the Canadian still hanging by a thread? grin

What about the Filipino entrant?
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
Rocktation:
What's the update on this show self, muna4real?

Is the Canadian still hanging by a thread? grin

What about the Filipino entrant?

The contestants are still arriving. The activities for the show will start by next week.
I don't know what to say about Miss Canada. she's really confident that she will win.
Miss philippines is doing very well.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
Muna4real:

The contestants are still arriving. The activities for the show will start by next week.
I don't know what to say about Miss Canada. she's really confident that she will win.
Backyard bribing for miss canada.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
Queenslander:
Any reason why Nigeria isn't competing?

Coronavirus grin
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
RAGGA40:
Backyard bribing for miss canada.

There's no backyard in Miss universe. It's purely on merit. I don't blame you for having this mentality. It's the nigerian way. This is the reason why Nigeria is nowhere in the pageant industry. I think I would have to do a special thread on the importance of beauty pageants and the impact it has on a country.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
Muna4real:

grin
Atta gurl...If things continue correctly as they ought to, then we should see Miss Philippines in the last lap of the contest.

Canada's stratagem of cos, would require that she musters every ounce of confidence that she's got, to revert to selling her personality (as that is one of the event's chinks, thank heavens!). The sentiments surrounding Floyd's death cannot singularly deliver her to the finish line, as she banks on, sadly.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
Muna4real:

There's no backyard in Miss universe. It's purely on merit. I don't blame you for having this mentality. It's the nigerian way. This is the reason why Nigeria is nowhere in the pageant industry. I think I would have to do a special thread on the importance of beauty pageants and the impact it has on a country.

I think he was joking. We all need to lighten up more often. smiley

Then again, you can never say never.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2021
Muna4real:

Coronavirus grin

Maga isn't available to pay. Otherwise, contestants are still arriving as you say. Some senator's daughter can be sprung up from nowhere and onto a plane, like right now.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2021
Rocktation:

grin
Atta gurl...If things continue correctly as they ought to, then we should see Miss Philippines in the last lap of the contest.

Canada's stratagem of cos, would require that she musters every ounce of confidence that she's got, to revert to selling her personality (as that is one of the event's chinks, thank heavens!). The sentiments surrounding Floyd's death cannot singularly deliver her to the finish line, as she banks on, sadly.

Philippines is good but I don't want her to win. I prefer Australia, jamaica, thailand, USA, south africa, or even Cameron. The toxicity the philipinos spread have put them off in the heart of Pageant fans. This is one of the reasons so many of their contestants like do not smell the crown. The pride is too much. They will just hate a contestant for nothing.

The last Miss universe competition should have taught them a very good lesson. They overhyped their contestant gazini ganados. You can go to YouTube and watch the various videos on their top favorite contestants for 2019. South africa was shoved to the bottom. Nobody thought that she would win because she has short hair and is black. They called her ugly. They overhyped their contestants and others who they felt was beautiful. But lo and behold, south africa shocked them. You can watch the video. Philippines only ended in the top 20 on wild cards! But the underated zozibini won the crown.

I'm not saying that philippines will not win. She might win but I prefer other contestants.

1 Like

Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
Rocktation:

Maga isn't available to pay. Otherwise, contestants are still arriving as you say. Some senator's daughter can be sprung up from nowhere and onto a plane, like right now.

It can happen if the silver bird organization appointments her instead of organizing a competition.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Muna4real:

Philippines is good but I don't want her to win. I prefer Australia, jamaica, thailand, USA, south africa, or even Cameron. The toxicity the philipinos spread have put them off in the heart of Pageant fans. This is one of the reasons so many of their contestants like do not smell the crown. The pride is too much. They will just hate a contestant for nothing.

The last Miss universe competition should have taught them a very good lesson. They overhyped their contestant gazini ganados. You can go to YouTube and watch the various videos on their top favorite contestants for 2019. South africa was shoved to the bottom. Nobody thought that she would win because she has short hair and is black. They called her ugly. They overhyped their contestants and others who they felt was beautiful. But lo and behold, south africa shocked them. You can watch the video. Philippines only ended in the top 20 on wild cards! But the underated zozibini won the crown.

I'm not saying that philippines will not win. She might win but I prefer other contestants.

Sure, you're entitled to your preferences. No pressure. I don't follow their back stories myself, neither do I even have the time to religiously watch the events, yearly. I'm just having an opinion based off that one picture you posted on page one, that's it. Lol. I might see her on TV and the way she walks, might be all it would take to piss me off again. Interestingly, a lot of Filipinos look weird in other talent shows, that they compete in...like singing. So it beats me really, that they can dig up these head turners for pageantry.
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Muna4real(f): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
Rocktation:

Sure, you're entitled to your preferences. No pressure. I don't follow their back stories myself, neither do I even have the time to religiously watch the events, yearly. I'm just having an opinion based off that one picture you posted on page one, that's it. Lol. I might see her on TV and the way she walks, might be all it would take to piss me off again. Interestingly, a lot of Filipinos look weird in other talent shows, that they compete in...like singing. So it beats me really, that they can dig up these head turners for pageantry.

Lol
Re: Things that annoy me about the ongoing Miss universe by Rocktation(f): 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
I feel like this is a good material for homepage. We'll see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Latest And Beautiful Asoebi Styles 2021 / Ideas About Hair Styles--that Do Not Require Relaxing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.