Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible (401 Views)

Prophetess Rose Kelvin Feeds The Less Privileged (Video) / If Your Bride Price Is Not Paid You Can Never See God- Female Preacher(video) / Dunamis Church Gives Widows, Orphans And Less-privileged Christmas Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible by blazepascal(m): 7:14am On Apr 11, 2021
Although God is a spirit, he has a spirit body. Before you start thinking I wrote this article just to get your attention or cooked up the story… let’s start with the Bible passage below:

Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel,

And they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity.

Exodus 24:11-12 Nkjv

You can check it up in your Bible in case you still doubt the title of this article

Quickly, Moseswas instructed by God to come up to the mountain with Aaron and his two sons — Nadab and Abihu who later died for offering strange fire to God. Actually, whenever God appeared on the Mount Sinai, he descended in a cloudy pillar. The could was visible, but the glory of it was always a consuming fire. No man could go near the mount except Moses. 

However, on that day, the special prophet of God went with his brother and his two sons with about 70 elders of Israel. When they got to the Mount, the glory of God passed, and they saw — not in full comprehension — the Almighty feet. To confirm what they saw, Moses wrote in the book of Exodus that under his feet was like a paved work of Sapphire stone. 

In case you are still in doubt, John said no man had seen God in John 1:18. He was right; however, he meant in full comprehension like seeing his face. If you read the book of Revelation — that he wrote himself — chapter 4:23 KJV, you will discover

John described the person he saw on the throne in Heaven. He said… I don’t want to write it so that you won’t take my word for it…read it below… 

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

And He who sat there was[a] like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.

Did you see the bold text? He mentioned stone again. Can you remember what Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu saw in the feet of Jehovah? 

A stone. 

Of course, they didn’t see all the glory of Ancient of Days; they, only, saw a part of him. 

Undoubtedly, that must have triggered some thoughts in the mind of Moses. No wonder on Exodus 33:18 KJV, he begged to show him all his glory. Immediately, the Almighty told him no man could see his face and live. Because

he still had a mission on earth to carryout for Jehovah, he was kept alive by not seeing the full glory of God. 

However, the Ancient of days made him see his back view. Confirm it yourself below… 

Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.

Exodus 33:23 Nkjv

Of course, I didn’t write that myself. He saw the back of Jehovah. 

What a privilege! 

Something amazing happened before he saw part of the Spirit body of him. He was instructed to stay in the cleft of the rock so that he could block the rock with his hand as he passed before him so as not to see his face. 

That nudged me… how did God cover up the cleft of rock with his bare hand? That hand, I repeat, that hand must have been a very big hand. God, indeed, is wondrously, unimaginably big. 

God give us the privilege not just to know you better, but — also — to see you like the people of old saw you (Amen).

1 Like

Re: 4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible by MickzyDonald: 7:21am On Apr 11, 2021
i pray we all make it, we can't suffer here and suffer there again
Re: 4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible by AntiChristian: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2021
Sagenaija come and see confusion.

No eye can see God.

Yet some saw God.

Oya Google up the Holy spirit here.
Re: 4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible by AntiChristian: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2021

No eye can see God.

Yet some saw God though not completely.

Re: 4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible by mountmoriah(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2021
MickzyDonald:
i pray we all make it, we can't suffer here and suffer there again
amen
Re: 4 People Who Were Privileged To See God According To The Bible by sagenaija: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
AntiChristian:
No eye can see God.
Yet some saw God though not completely.
No confusion. With God all things are possible.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Who Make Excess Profit In Their Businesses? / Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? / Latest Update On Mssn Aaua Jihad Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.