Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? (732 Views)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? / Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? / All Men Can Hear From God Irrespective Of Being Religious Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by chatinent: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2021
First of all, I'll like to correct the impression.

I believe there's nothing like “Holy Ghost.” I solely know of the “Holy Spirit.”

I have a neighbour who is always shouting every morning, and calling the “Holy Ghost Fire” on his enemies, clearly trying to imitate the Elijah scenario.

Cannot people pray silently without attracting attention?

Wasn't it the same thing that Pharisees did that Jesus condemned?

Please share your views.

lalasticlala, Dominque mynd44 Seun pocohantas
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by doggedfighter(f): 8:49am On Apr 11, 2021
Religion is comedy for the intelligent and reality for the ignorant hence the shouting.

Even pastors shout on the pulpit even with the microphone so why won't members shout.

These things rub off.

Nigerians don't have value , respect or love for their neighbours hence the incessant shouts and screams in the name of prayers.

Holy ghost or holy spirit it's just imaginary.
Means nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by chatinent: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
B
Truly a dogged fighter for fp.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2021
What is the difference between "ghost and spirit" ... if there is then we can talk on
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by chatinent: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2021
larryjonze:
What is the difference between "ghost and spirit" ... if there is then we can talk on

I'll like to refer to it as the Holy Spirit.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by doggedfighter(f): 8:58am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

Truly a dogged fighter for fp.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by rtdCivilservant: 9:01am On Apr 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
Religion is comedy for the intelligent and reality for the ignorant hence the shouting.

Even pastors shout on the pulpit even with the microphone so why won't members shout.

These things rub off.

Nigerians don't have value , respect or love for their neighbours hence the incessant shouts and screams in the name of prayers.

Holy ghost or holy spirit it's just imaginary.
Means nothing.
Carry ur wahala de go
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by techmo(m): 9:09am On Apr 11, 2021
Jesus or Yeshua already thought you Christians how to pray
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by lkillbrokehoes: 9:30am On Apr 11, 2021
Noise pollution, you don't have to scream your lungs out, even if you pray silently God will still hear you.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:35am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

I believe there's nothing like “Holy Ghost.” I solely know of the “Holy Spirit.”

I have a neighbour who is always shouting every morning, and calling the “Holy Ghost Fire” on his enemies, clearly trying to imitate the Elijah scenario.

Please share your views.

It is Written, "God is not deaf that He cannot Hear!

The doers just want to glorify themselves and publicise their fake devotion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Nicoswit(m): 9:54am On Apr 11, 2021
Ghost or Spirit is just english...nothing to correct
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

I'll like to refer to it as the Holy Spirit.

now that is preference
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by enilove(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

Please share your views.

I think that your neighbour must be an MFM member like me.

He does not know why you shout when praying to God and where and when .
When you are in church you can shout when praying to get your spirit angered in the holy way.

For some , even in church , they don't need to shout to get concentration in their spirit before their prayers can be answered.

Essence of shouting when praying is to get full concentration and be angry in your spirit with any negative situation you detest.

Shouting during prayer is limited to church environment only. At home , you don't need to shout so loud as to disturb your neighbours.
This is wrong .

Even the use of outside speakers to disturb or create noise in the environment is wrong.
Everything shout be done in moderation for peace to reign .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Greatzeus(m): 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Go and check up, most people who pray violently and shout at the top of their voices when they pray are poor people,and middle class. Rich people don't pray like that.
With all their shoutings and noises,what has it brought into their lives?
Nobody has ever died because someone who perceived him or her as enemy called fire on him or her,and no one ever will. Because God will never answer such prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
enilove:
I think that your neighbour must be an MFM member like me.
He does not know why you shout when praying to God and where and when .
When you are in church you can shout when praying to get your spirit angered in the holy way.

For some , even in church , they don't need to shout to get concentration in their spirit before their prayers can be answered.
Essence of shouting when praying is to get full concentration and be angry in your spirit with any negative situation you detest.
I am afraid you are operating there on beliefs that are not according to Scripture. Jesus Christ, the one you claim to serve warned against this behaviour which was also observed in the Pharisees of His time, forbidding His followers from praying aloud or being seen when doing it. Prayer is meant to be done in secret.

Matthew 6 vs 5-8 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray loudly. They want people to see them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.
6. But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.

7. “And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them.
8. Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Jesus Christ there tells you that when you pray, no other should see or hear you. So, whatever spirit you are conjuring or concentrating there in your shouting has nothing to do with that which God commanded of you. God is against your acts of shouting aloud while praying!
enilove:
Shouting during prayer is limited to church environment only. At home , you don't need to shout so loud as to disturb your neighbours. This is wrong .
Whether at your homes or in your public places such as your churches, prayer is meant to be done in private and in secret - that is the only time God rewards your prayer... Jesus Christ, Himself said so. So can anyone be against God - disobedience- and for God at the same time? Impossicant!
enilove:
Even the use of outside speakers to disturb or create noise in the environment is wrong.
Everything shout be done in moderation for peace to reign .
Your church settings are against God, to begin with so I am not sure what else you do in there can be of Him.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
Greatzeus:
Go and check up, most people who pray violently and shout at the top of their voices when they pray are poor people,and middle class. Rich people don't pray like that.
With all their shoutings and noises,what has it brought into their lives?
Nobody has ever died because someone who perceived him or her as enemy called fire on him or her,and no one ever will. Because God will never answer such prayers.
With all their shouting and noises, sadly, they bring curses instead on themselves by ensuring that God will not hear what they pray since they go against His every commandment.

Matthew 6 vs 5-8 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray loudly. They want people to see them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.
6. But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.

7. “And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them.
God is Law, and when His law is broken, the consequence is costly! undecided
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by enilove(m): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid you are operating there on beliefs that are not according to Scripture. Jesus Christ, the one you claim to serve warned against this behaviour which was also observed in the Pharisees of His time, forbidding His followers from praying aloud or being seen when doing it. Prayer is meant to be done in secret.
Jesus Christ there tells you that when you pray, no other should see or hear you. So, whatever spirit you are conjuring or concentrating there in your shouting has nothing to do with that which God commanded of you. God is against your acts of shouting aloud while praying!
Whether at your homes or in your public places such as your churches, prayer is meant to be done in private and in secret - that is the only time God rewards your prayer... Jesus Christ, Himself said so. So can anyone be against God - disobedience- and for God at the same time? Impossicant!
Your church settings are against God, to begin with so I am not sure what else you do in there can be of Him.

Just as usual , your posts are always absurd.

Let me ask you this . Is it a sin to pray in church?
When you get to your church , what do you do there ?
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2021
enilove:
Just as usual , your posts are always absurd.
Let me ask you this . Is it a sin to pray in church?
When you get to your church , what do you do there ?
Jesus Christ never make exclusions/laws for when you pray in your churches, so no matter, where you find yourself, His law to you remains UNCHANGED. So, regardless of where you find yourself, the following is what the Law say you should do.

Matthew 6 vs 5-8 (ERV)

Jesus Christ never gave His followers commands instructing them to build or congregate in places they call churches to begin with so I don't need those. He laid down the New Covenant Law and declared that only those who obey Him are those who love Him. So, the extra-curricular activities you engage in when you socialize in your churches have nothing to do with what He commanded or asked of you. Instead, it is of the men who you have placed as teachers/shepherds/masters/authorities over yourself, against His commandment.

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.

16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
You can pray quietly or depending on your mood and the type of prayer, the prayer can be intensified.

For instance, there are agressive prayers that will require you pray vehemently. There's nothing wrong in it.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by obonujoker(m): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
It depends on how the spirit moves
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
obonujoker:
It depends on how the spirit moves
Really? You are actually willing to put the blame on the Spirit for your disobedience of Jesus Christ's direct commandment to you?

Matthew 6 vs 5-8 (ERV)

You accuse the Spirit of God for your going against God's own law? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:
You can pray quietly or depending on your mood and the type of prayer, the prayer can be intensified.
For instance, there are agressive prayers that will require you pray vehemently. There's nothing wrong in it.
Again, God commands that you pray in silence and in secret.... but here you are telling us instead that what God says means nothing because your mood comes first.

Matthew 6 vs 5-8 (ERV)

Can one be against God and for God at the same time? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Again, God commands that you pray in silence and in secret.... but here you are telling us instead that what God says means nothing because your mood comes first.
Can one be against God and for God at the same time? undecided

Try and understand something before using it to buttress your point.

The Bible speaks against those who deliberately pray aloud so they can be heard. Those who do it know themselves. It's quite different from someone who started on a quiet note and then is moved by the holy Spirit into another level of hightened vigorous prayers.

I do experience it especially when I'm filled with the holy Spirit. I enter into another level and it becomes so intense that I can no longer control it as I begin to speak aloud in tongues. It no longer me but the Holy Spirit that has taken control. So how can i hush the HOLY SPIRIT when he's speaking?

You need to get beyond yourself and what you know. Get closer to the Holy spirit. Your orientation will change.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by descarado: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
That shout can be deafening grin

The first time I was in a mist of people doing that, I thought the person was mad. Little me, was told the lady was praying in the spirit. Seriously shocked
Her tone was like a dog growling.
I was so afraid and this stuck to my head. Years and years ago.

My questioning of Christianity started there and then at a very young age.

You see, most people actually want to worship God but all these shenanigans make them think twice. You go to a church and pastors make up stories upon stories and the funny thing is that you know the dude is lying.
Women will come out with miraculous babies and when you talk, they will tell you don't question God. When you know it's a stolen child?
I did extensive research on miraculous babies and wished I had the power to lock up all these wicked souls.
From silent husbands to wives and pastors, add midwives. Gosh.
Oh, I gave up a long long time ago.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by enilove(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ never make exclusions/laws for when you pray in your churches, so no matter, where you find yourself, His law to you remains UNCHANGED. So, regardless of where you find yourself, the following is what the Law say you should do.

Jesus Christ never gave His followers commands instructing them to build or congregate in places they call churches to begin with so I don't need those. He laid down the New Covenant Law and declared that only those who obey Him are those who love Him. So, the extra-curricular activities you engage in when you socialize in your churches have nothing to do with what He commanded or asked of you. Instead, it is of the men who you have placed as teachers/shepherds/masters/authorities over yourself, against His commandment.

You are a kid.

There is never any sense in anything you always post. I am very sure you know nothing about Christianity and the Bible .
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:
Try and understand something before using it to buttress your point. The Bible speaks against those who deliberately pray aloud so they can be heard. Those who do it know themselves. It's quite different from someone who started on a quiet note and then is moved by the holy Spirit into another level of hightened vigorous prayers.
The Bible does not speak against anything... This is Jesus Christ, the Word of God Himself, the very Law of the Kingdom of God commanding that when you pray, you do so silently and in secret. undecided

Matthew 6 vs 5-8 (ERV)

He wasn't just speaking for the sake of it. He was teaching His followers how to pray. And you claim to be one of His followers, don't you? undecided
AsherAmari:
I do experience it especially when I'm filled with the holy Spirit.
Wait.... what? You mean the spirit you believe to be the Spirit of God inside of you comes and goes? Are you sure He is the Spirit of God since according to Jesus Christ when the Spirit of God comes,

John 14 vs 15-21 (ESV)
15. “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[f] to be with you forever,
17. even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[g] in you.
18. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
20. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
21. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
It is a permanent arrangement, not a vacation or a visitiation for Him. undecided
AsherAmari:
I enter into another level and it becomes so intense that I can no longer control it as I begin to speak aloud in tongues. It no longer me but the Holy Spirit that has taken control. So how can i hush the HOLY SPIRIT when he's speaking?
You need to get beyond yourself and what you know. Get closer to the Holy spirit. Your orientation will change.
I am sorry but you are most definitely not speaking of the Spirit of God cause according to Jesus Christ, the Spirit of God will not go against the Truth of God.

John 16 vs 4-15 (ERV)
4. “I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.
5. But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’
6. But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
7. Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
8. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
9. concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
10. concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer;
11. concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
14. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
15. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, and the Spirit of Truth will guide you into all Truths, as in the Truth of God, Jesus Christ Himself. So, that spirit that leads you to disobey the truth of God is most definitely not the Spirit of God, nor the Spirit of Truth whom Jesus Christ promised His followers. undecided
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
enilove:
You are a kid. There is never any sense in anything you always post. I am very sure you know nothing about Christianity and the Bible .
I am a kid because I preach obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ, the very one you pretend you serve/obey? undecided
That is actually a compliment since Jesus Christ Himself declared that only those who become like children will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 18 vs 3-4
3. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
4. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The Bible does not speak against anything... This is Jesus Christ, the Word of God Himself, the very Law of the Kingdom of God commanding that when you pray, you do so silently and in secret. undecided
He wasn't just speaking for the sake of it. He was teaching His followers how to pray. And you claim to be one of His followers, don't you? undecided
Wait.... what? You mean the spirit you believe to be the Spirit of God inside of you comes and goes? Are you sure He is the Spirit of God since according to Jesus Christ when the Spirit of God comes,
It is a permanent arrangement, not a vacation or a visitiation for Him. undecided
I am sorry but you are most definitely not speaking of the Spirit of God cause according to Jesus Christ, the Spirit of God will not go against the Truth of God.
Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, and the Spirit of Truth will guide you into all Truths, as in the Truth of God, Jesus Christ Himself. So, that spirit that leads you to disobey the truth of God is most definitely not the Spirit of God, nor the Spirit of Truth whom Jesus Christ promised His followers. undecided

Did i say the Spirit comes and goes?
You like twisting words.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:
Did i say the Spirit cones and goes?
You like twisting words.
undecided
AsherAmari:
Try and understand something before using it to buttress your point.
The Bible speaks against those who deliberately pray aloud so they can be heard. Those who do it know themselves. It's quite different from someone who started on a quiet note and then is moved by the holy Spirit into another level of hightened vigorous prayers.
I do experience it especially when I'm filled with the holy Spirit. I enter into another level and it becomes so intense that I can no longer control it as I begin to speak aloud in tongues. It no longer me but the Holy Spirit that has taken control. So how can i hush the HOLY SPIRIT when he's speaking?You need to get beyond yourself and what you know. Get closer to the Holy spirit. Your orientation will change.
Are those words not yours? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
undecided
Are those words not yours? undecided

Ehen? Is that what I meant?
I meant when the holy Spirit springs up from within me.

Kobojunkie, hapu maka Biko.
Go and sleep.
Re: Is It Right To Shout (Violently) When Praying So Everyone Can Hear? by Kobojunkiee: 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:
Ehen? Is that what I meant?
I meant when the holy Spirit springs up from within me.

Kobojunkie, hapu maka Biko.
Go and sleep.
Again, the Spirit of God does not SPRING UP from inside of you if He lives inside of you. Please choose to obey the teachings of Jesus Christ and learn the Truth of God. undecided

John 14 vs 15 (ESV)
15. “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Pics Of Prophet Tb Joshua Lying In State / My Spirit Experience. / The 3 Main Blaspheming Of Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.