Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack (4604 Views)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Buratai Town / Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Borno, Scores Killed (Photos) / Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Borno, Scores Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by oilPUSSY(f): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
Amilitary source has explained why the Nigerian Army of 5 Brigade and 145 Battalion could not repel Boko Haram attack on Damasak town, Borno State despite heavy military presence.

The military source told SaharaReporters that Brigadier General, S. S. Tilawan had asked soldiers to stay back rather than attack the terrorists who invaded Damasak town on Saturday.

File photo used to illustrate story.
According to him, the Boko Haram militants had come through the town where civilians are residing making it difficult for the fighter aircraft to strike.

He said the airforce personnel had monitored the movement of the terrorists and informed foot soldiers who ought to tactically combat the attack. He, however, said S. S. Tilawan asked soldiers to retreat, giving the terrorists a smooth operation.

“The Boko Haram terrorists came through Damasak town and started the attack from 4:04 pm to 8 pm. The attack lasted for that long, the Boko Haram militants came through the town where civilians live. The airforce personnel tried, they were there on time to attack Boko Haram but couldn't because of civilians.

“It was supposed to be the duty of the army to enter that town and fish out these bad boys, but we don't even have what to use, talkless of other things. The jet cannot bomb that town because the Boko Haram militants came from where civilians are staying and the governor of this state, Babagana Zulum, has so much confidence in this battalion, that is why he opened IDPs' camp in Damasak to protect his people because he so much loves his people. He wants to ensure that the people live comfortably but now it seems like the army has failed the man due to high corruption in the army, this country is so bad.

“With my five years in the army, even common helmet we don't have, even those who fought first and second world wars used the helmet to fight and in this modern day and age, we don't have a helmet, I am very angry.

“Within a month now, we have lost 18 soldiers in this battalion because of one useless Brigade Commander S. S. Tilawan they brought to us. This man is creating unnecessary work, he scattered the camp. I believe he is an agent of Boko Haram. A few days ago, a company was dislodged by Boko Haram militants and when our people tried to go for reinforcement, he said we should not go. That day we lost 10 soldiers and today when the jet came, they told us that they could sight the Boko Haram guys but could not bomb because civilians were there, and that we should go with our little weapons and recapture the town.

“Tilawan still gave order that we should not go to that town. He has forgotten that we are here because of these people. The world should come and do something about this man before the issue gets out of hand. The governor should know that his people are no longer safe because of the Brigadier General S. S. Tilawan, he should come fast and do something.

“People are dying anyhow, and we are here for them. I don't know the number of people who died but I know Boko Haram militants entered the area and looted it. I feel angry because we could not help these people and we are here for them. It is my duty as a Nigerian soldier to protect people but there is nothing we can do when our leaders make decisions against the people.

“Boko Haram killed people in the town and injured some. The people are doing burials in their cemetery now. We would've rescued them yesterday but the commander gave the order that we should not enter the town.

“They didn't enter our camp but they looted Damasak town to their satisfaction. They even took civilians' cars away. We lost 3 soldiers to yesterday's attack, totalling 18 soldiers under just one month.”

SaharaReporters had earlier reported how the Boko Haram fighters invaded Damasak town in Borno State on Saturday, burning United Nations facilities and forcing humanitarian workers to flee for their lives.

It was learnt that the terrorists, aided by their deadlier Islamic State West African Province fighters, set fire to the UN office and at least three other international charity organisations contiguous to the UN facility.

“The terrorists came into the town in gun trucks. They first embarked on a looting spree. They carted away aid supplies meant for the Internally Displaced Persons before they set fire to the UN hub in the town and three other buildings belonging to other aid organisations,” a source in the town narrated.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/11/how-we-received-order-not-repel-boko-haram-attack-borno-town-%E2%80%94-source

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Mariangeles(f): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
Only a true Nigerian soldier you know personally can tell you the truth about what is really going on in the Nigerian army in their so-called "fight" against boko haram.

Imagine a whole Nigerian army not being able to defeat a mere uneducated and poorly trained terrorist group like boko haram...
I reiterate, this country has been hijacked by enemies from within.

Those guys (true soldiers) really need our prayers.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by SmartProf(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
I'll advise those humanitarian service providers especially from the UN, to withdraw their services from this well scripted Insurgency and flex their money instead, cos the leaders of the northern region and their top security commanders are just cashing out and catching cruise from the crisis...they may even commit suicide if the crisis end. Let them use their region to keep testing weapons & shooting Arabic war videos.

11 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by dheilaw1(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2021
This war has come to say. Moving back to regional system is the solution

3 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by ThumbzTNA(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2021
Nigerian leaders using the life of the common man to play chess

4 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Ammishaddai: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
I won't be surprised if this S.S Tilawan is among the rehabilitated Boko-haram members this satanic government gave amnesty to

8 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by helinues: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by lamentor78(m): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
This is not new the usual instructions from army head quarters is to rebel and not kill the Boko Haram that is why Nigeria army will never invite or allow foreign military to fight the insurgency

5 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by vibre: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
If I was one of the soldiers in that camp, an "accidental discharge" would have taken care of that mumu Brigadier general Tilawan by now.

5 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by justtoodark: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
helinues:

dont mind dem dem....
await more of this kind propaganda before buhari leaves....

ipobians,extremly fvcked up in the head....

what do you await from somebody that calls herself oilypussy.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by helinues: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
justtoodark:

dont mind dem dem....
await more of this kind propaganda before buhari leaves....

ipobians,extremly fvcked up in the head....

what do you await from somebody that calls herself oilypussy.... undecided undecided

This Sahara deserted is now a junk journalist

IJOBA11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by justtoodark: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
saharareporters are very strange to me....

they report stuffs that doesnt make sense atall atall....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by justtoodark: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
helinues:

This Sahara deserted is now a junk journalist

they are very strange people....
when i see saharareporters as source,i automaticaly dont take it serious....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by helinues: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
justtoodark:

A military personnel would grant such interview when he has not secured a new job at fuel filling station...

It's purely fabricated news

IJOBA11

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mariangeles:
Only a Nigerian soldier you know personally can tell you the reality about what is truly going on in the Nigerian army.

Those guys really need our prayers.

This is the tragic truth. I was a fan of one Nigeria but I now feel that we need to restructure Nigeria asap , to devolve power to regions, and decentralized the incompetent control of the FG presidential system, even if not feasible to separate totally right now into independent nations.

Depressing knowing that those we voted to protect us are the same people sponsoring and/or abetting terror against Nigerians while sending out our armed forces guys, loved ones to so many, to die as cannon fodders and collateral damages for their nefarious private agendas.

I don't see a way forward other than letting those who want a terrorised lifestyle and region to go their way so that they are not allowed to take others down with them all for the sake of "one Nigeria".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Mariangeles(f): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
justtoodark:

You and your likes (helinues and co) should keep pretending not to know the truth or keep deluding yourselves.

11 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
Reading the report...some things stand out

1.A jetr fighter wanted to strike the bokoists, but refrained from doing so, as there were civillans in the vicinity

2.The Army commander being blasted as a Boko agent , Commander S. S. Tilawan, IMHO...made the right decision

Had he directed his troops into the town, there would have been a bloody battle resulting..in the midst of civillans and displaced people....with lots of collateral damage.

The ARMY commander did not attack the town for the same reason the jet fighter did not strke. Too many civillans, high potential for collateral damage.

Plus, the Bokoists too could scatter among the civillans and inflict heavy casualties on soldier and civillans alike.

Commander S. S. Tilawan made the right decision. And as we know, Boko raided the town for supplies. They did not take over the town.

Rule no 1 of warfare...you don't let the enemy choose the battlefield.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by helinues: 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mariangeles:

You and your likes (helinues and co) should keep pretending not to know the truth or deluding yourselves.

While you and your likes would continue to swallow sensational news by agent of destruction Sahara Deserted

IJOBA11

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Charmingrascal(m): 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
Because they came through civilian abodes, you allowed them to have a smooth operation but you went to Benue to bomb and kill civilians right in their homes even when there were no armed men among them.

What a nonsensical excuse

No tactics, no intelligence, no techniques, nothing

5 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Fooolishbuharri: 5:16pm On Apr 11, 2021
It's unfortunate the army has been infiltrated by BH terrorists. These are the men who don't want the insurgency to end because they are cashing out!

A friend at the front told me the same thing when he came back. I have another I keep praying be makes it back.

3 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
Charmingrascal:
No tactics, no intelligence, no techniques.
They came through civilian abodes and you allowed them have a free day.

Nigeria Army is overhyped

Well, here was the situation

Boko was raiding a town with a large civillan populaiton

So, if the Army came rushing in, what's to stop Boko from using most of the civillans as impromptu human shields?

And guess who would be blamed at the end...yes the Army.

Sometimes , it is better not to let your enemy choose your battle grounds.

1 Like

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by explorer250(m): 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
hmm
Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Charmingrascal(m): 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Well, here was the situation

Boko was raiding a town with a large civillan populaiton

So, if the Army came rushing in, what's to stop Boko from using most of the civillans as impromptu human shields?

And guess who would be blamed at the end...yes the Army.

Sometimes , it is better not to let your enemy choose your battle grounds.

But they deployed warplane against civilians in Benue.
Civilians were killed right in their homes even when the Army didn't see any armed person, they attacked unarmed civilians.

3 Likes

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
Charmingrascal:

But they deployed warplane against civilians in Benue.
Civilians were killed right in their homes even when the Army didn't see any armed person, they attacked unarmed civilians.

Well, the warplane was deployed against a forested , and tiny remote communinty/hideout of criminals...minimal chances of mass collateral casualuites. (The Amry has been doing the same against Bandits in Zamfara, Niger, and Kaduna,)...not against a town like Damask...so hardly the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by markidoo(m): 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2021
If na Essien Udim for the peaceful state of Akwa Ibom, dem go show muscle.. Dey will kill both civilians and hoodlums.. Time has come for this Corntree to disintegrate. We need a referendum cos if na war e go bad gan...

1 Like

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by slivertongue: 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2021
the scam set up by the borno ruling class will continue to hunt them

1 Like

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by justtoodark: 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2021
helinues:

A military personnel would grant such interview when he has not secured a new job at fuel filling station...

It's purely fabricated news

dont mind them....
better nigerian goverment close down sahara reporters....

playin freedom of speech with them will cause alot of trouble....

in china,they would all be in jail by now....
i dont understand why nigerian goverment tolerate soo much because of democracy....

i dont think even western nations would tolerate soo much....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by tit(f): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2021
Neutralobserver:
Reading the report...some things stand out

1.A jetr fighter wanted to strike the bokoists, but refrained from doing so, as there were civillans in the vicinity

2.The Army commander being blasted as a Boko agent , Commander S. S. Tilawan, IMHO...made the right decision

Had he directed his troops into the town, there would have been a bloody battle resulting..in the midst of civillans and displaced people....with lots of collateral damage.

The ARMY commander did not attack the town for the same reason the jet fighter did not strke. Too many civillans, high potential for collateral damage.

Plus, the Bokoists too could scatter among the civillans and inflict heavy casualties on soldier and civillans alike.

Commander S. S. Tilawan made the right decision. And as we know, Boko raided the town for supplies. They did not take over the town.

Rule no 1 of warfare...you don't let the enemy choose the battlefield.

But Nigeria airforce bombed villages in Benue and Akwa Ibom without caring for civilians.

The Nigeria army knew Boko haram was coming. Why not engage them on the way?
Why wait for them to enter town then say you don't want to kill civilians?

You can't Fulani me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
tit:

But Nigeria airforce bombed villages in Benue and Akwa Ibom without caring for civilians.

The Nigeria army knew Boko haram was coming. Why not engage them on the way?
Why wait for them to enter town then say you don't want to kill civilians?

You can't Fulani me.

They also bombed villages in Zamfara, Kaduna, and Niger state, and still bomb Borno.

So, stop pretending its just the South.

Your government needs to do more on soving the issues that lead to such insuecurity.

P.S...You guys should stop this moaning...you and your Northern friends. Both of you...whether North or South should work for better government.
Re: We Received Order Not To Repel Boko Haram Attack by rhyme2all(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
Intelligent ambushing at their exit route would not have been a bad idea at all. Truth remains that the best wasnt done..

This is just what happens when you know what your enemy knows.
Simply put NigArmy need a change of tactics and an upgrade of facilities and knowledge base. Drones would have done a better job .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos / The Terrible Dream I Had Last Night Concerning The General Election / Meet Safina Buhari, Daughter Of President Elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari....[photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.