Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization (4236 Views)

Pictures:Lagos Was One Of The Most Developed Cities In West Africa Before Tinubu / The North Has The Best System Of Government Before Colonization / In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by helinues: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2021
And no Fulani empire in the write up

Biafra kingdom? When did the name Biafra came to birth?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by KoshCAD: 8:23am On Apr 12, 2021
tito44:

All these rants just to qualify ur skull mining brothers who will rather rape their mothers or kill their brothers instead of hustling out there to make money?? shocked
What about pounding of babies and young kids in your cursed OSU land?
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by KoshCAD: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2021
Asgard13:

Igbophobia...

Why are you yoruba people like this... so where you come get this your Yoruba version?

Assumption .. typical Yoruba.

Very ignorant and still the form on top am.

Careless
Oga, I Search Google that your brother referred to. Biafra kingdom only exist on ipob history.

No other one talk about such thing.

Yoruba is your nightmare.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by KoshCAD: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2021
KingOKON:

So Bight is what you are calling Kingdom?

You don't know anything neither do you know the Origin of the name Biafra and the areas in Nigeria down to Gabon named after it
grin so laughable.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by KoshCAD: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2021
Sammy07:

You put Biafra empire but you no put Oyo empire, Bornu empire and this Queen amina of zazzua

You well so?
Lol,
He only concort look lies for himself and his fellow.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by sanpapi(m): 8:36am On Apr 12, 2021
Faber:
Before colonialism, there were kingdoms that existed in Africa. Some of them include ancient benin kingdom, ancient biafra kingdom, ancient Ethiopia and Egypt, etc. Ancient Egypt is perhaps the most famous of all, but the hubbub around it sorely overlooks other impressive civilizations and the effects they had on the continent. Let’s take a look at some of Africa’s ancient kingdoms and civilisations as follows:

10. ANCIENT BIAFRA KINGDOM
Biafra was a country that existed on the Ancient Map of Africa for about 400 years before Nigeria was created in 1914, that is before the First Map was created. However, Biafra, as a Nation (Kingdom), has been in existence for over 5000 years. Biafra has been in existence before the Greece, Before the United Kingdom and even before the Roman Empire. In fact, by the year 1662, the three prominent Kingdoms in West Africa were the Kingdom of Biafra in the East, the Kingdom of Benin in the West and the Kingdom of Zamfara in the North all found in the present day Nigeria. The Kingdom was then spelt as “Biafara”. Here are some of the Ancient Maps of Africa showing the three Kingdoms. In 1884-1885, the Europeans and Americans met in the Berlin Conference, Germany, and spread the map of Africa on a table and shared the lands of Africa among themselves for colonization and exploitation of the resources of Africa. This is known in history as the Scramble for Africa. It was from these three kingdoms that Nigeria was created in 1914. The creation of Nigeria by the British, declined the existence of Biafara kingdom.

�� sentiment driven
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by tito44: 8:38am On Apr 12, 2021
KoshCAD:
What about pounding of babies and young kids in my cursed OSU land? my father pounded my other sibling to make money, thats why he is mad now. Even my mother is not left out

U mean ur pops is a ritualist? shocked

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by sanpapi(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2021
Streetpresident:
What's the difference between the brutal lords & the neo colonialists.... here is my assessment of govt. since 1999.

Nigeria only woe is leadership.

OBJ: The genesis of the present day Nigeria.
Power monger, pretend to fight corruption but
always after his political foes. He forgot his
prison experience. Had he gotten it right in 1999,
Nigerians wouldn't be deported by Ghana &
Gabon, SA won't dare look us in the face &
Nigerians won't be in the current mess. Guilty
27%

Yar'Adua: Initiated some reforms, covered up
ibori & others corruption cases. At least dreamt
& saw vision 20-20-20. Guilty 3%

GEJ: Misused opportunity, chop I chop govt.
Look away while the country was being pillaged
by his many babes. Didn't believe in any vision.
Tried to please the north at the detriment of the
south but was betrayed, deceived, used &
dumped. Guilty 10%

PMB: Grandmaster of corruption, only forensic
audit can reveal the trillions stolen under his
watch. Promised heavens brought hells. Runs a
borrow borrow govt. that can borrow from a day
old baby. Destroyed vision 20-20-20. His vision
was that of lekki on the 20-10-20. Divider in
Chief (DiC), One chance President who divided
the country like no other. Kidnapping, banditry &
terrorism businesses boom during his reign.
Always indifferent to public outcry, arrests
anyone who protests his bad leadership style but
protested against GEJ. Baba go slow, took half a
year to pick his kitchen cabinet. Guilty 60%
love ur assessment but share the blame well.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Sammy07: 8:51am On Apr 12, 2021
KoshCAD:
He only concort look lies for himself and his fellow.

No mind him
Who knows baifra before 1900

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2021
Sammy07:

You put Biafra empire but you no put Oyo empire, Bornu empire and this Queen amina of zazzua

You well so?
Lol,

We are talking of top ten Empires recognized by the Europeans. Your Oyo and queen Amina and Bornu Empires are forest kingdom and had no influence on the ancient world at the time. So na you no well so.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 9:12am On Apr 12, 2021
helinues:
And no Fulani empire in the write up

Biafra kingdom? When did the name Biafra came to birth?
Fulani is a bush tribe and still remains the most backward tribe in the Sub-Saharan Africa. They existed in the Mali empire. It is only in Northern Nigeria and South Western Nigeria that Fulanis are feared. They no get balls and levels outside these areas

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2021
Bettykeys:
This is so enlightening

But why is there no Empire of Fulani and Yorubas on the list

Please those are captured by F. K. Buah's book on the ancient World. They are dubbed forest kingdoms alongside, the Kanem-Bornu empire, Hannibal's Carthage Empire.

I only presented the popular and most successful Empires of Ancient Africa
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2021
Rossikki:

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I know African history inside out and I've never heard of the ''kingdom of Biafra''.

The OP is trying to create a mythic kingdom centered on the fact that the nearby southern Atlantic seacoast was named the 'Bight of Biafra' by Europeans.

But in fact this region is not known to have contained large centralised monarchies, and most certainly not Igboland, which was a collection of fiercely independent chiefdoms, whose people traded and inter-married, but never established a unified political, monarchical, administrative, or military amalgamation.

You just came to a place and named it Bight of Biafra. Is Biafra an European name? So Europeans did not jam any Biafran Kingdom there, they come name that side Bight of Biafra abi? The Europeans that captured it on the ancient map of Africa, you are wiser than them right?

Go school you no gree. You know African history in and out... Which empire was her death referred to the death of Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2021
Rossikki:

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I know African history inside out and I've never heard of the ''kingdom of Biafra''.

The OP is trying to create a mythic kingdom centered on the fact that the nearby southern Atlantic seacoast was named the 'Bight of Biafra' by Europeans.

But in fact this region is not known to have contained large centralised monarchies, and most certainly not Igboland, which was a collection of fiercely independent chiefdoms, whose people traded and inter-married, but never established a unified political, monarchical, administrative, or military amalgamation.

You just came to a place and named it Bight of Biafra. Is Biafra an European name? So Europeans did not jam any Biafran Kingdom there, they come name that side Bight of Biafra abi? The Europeans that captured it on the ancient map of Africa, you are wiser than them right?

Your Nigeria... Where is it on the Ancient map of Africa. All other nations don go back to their original names:

Gold Coast= Ghana
Alto Volta= Bkurkina Fasso
Southern Rhodesia=Zimbabwe
Burma=Myanmar
Zaire(Portuguese name)= DR Congo
Tanganyika and Zanzibar= Tanzania
Bechuanaland=Botswana
Nyasaland=Malawi
Abyssinia=Ethiopia
Urundi=Burundi
British Kenya=Kenya
Swaziland =Eswatini

When will Nigeria go back to her original name? This shows that Nigeria is just an artificial creation and is bound to fail. Your Nigeria is the mythic nation here. Named by a British prostitute

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by RemoveKebab: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdom of biafra grin grin grin

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2021
Biafra kingdom in your imagination.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Sammy07: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2021
[s]
Faber:

We are talking of top ten Empires recognized by the Europeans. Your Oyo and queen Amina and Bornu Empires are forest kingdom and had no influence on the ancient world at the time. So na you no well so.
[/s]

Rubbish talk.

Europeans no recognized Oyo empire? grin

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
RemoveKebab:
Kingdom of biafra grin grin grin

E shock you abi? grin

Biafra... the name that sends shivers down the spines of umuekwensu like your humble self cheesy
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by sangresan(m): 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
You ruined your creativity as shown in this blog post by referring to a non-existent Kingdom of Biafara...
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by sangresan(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
You can't use ancient maps to justify the existence of kingdoms or empires...This is because many of the cartographers who drew those maps never set foot on Africa.

Of course, we've an army of gullible Nigerians who believe everything they hear or see.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Ahmeduana(m): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
is either you are from Ilorin or you are from the southeast part of the country, WHERE IS OYO EMPIRE?
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
Faber:

Fulani is a bush tribe and still remains the most backward tribe in the Sub-Saharan Africa. They existed in the Mali empire. It is only in Northern Nigeria and South Western Nigeria that Fulanis are feared. They no get balls and levels outside these areas
Irony,bush tribe that were able to carve out one one the largest empire in Africa history. And some how you are trying to change history p.s your iyamuri ancestors were the bush tribes,that built zero kingdom, zero empire.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
Sammy07:

Rubbish talk.
Europeans no recognized Oyo empire? grin
Everyone with a functioning brain recognized Oyo empire.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
Faber:

Your Nigeria... Where is it on the Ancient map of Africa. All other nations don go back to their original names:

Gold Coast= Ghana
Alto Volta= Bkurkina Fasso
Southern Rhodesia=Zimbabwe
Burma=Myanmar
Zaire(Portuguese name)= DR Congo
Tanganyika and Zanzibar= Tanzania
Bechuanaland=Botswana
Nyasaland=Malawi
Abyssinia=Ethiopia
Urundi=Burundi
British Kenya=Kenya
Swaziland =Eswatini

When will Nigeria go back to her original name? This shows that Nigeria is just an artificial creation and is bound to fail. Your Nigeria is the mythic nation here. Named by a British prostitute
Gold coast have nothing to do with ancient Ghana.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Irony,bush tribe that were able to carve out one one the largest empire in Africa history. And some how you are trying to change history p.s your iyamuri ancestors were the bush tribes,that built zero kingdom, zero

Which largest Empire in Africa did Fulani create?
RUGA Empire abi?

Fulani is a bush tribe. Deal with the truth aboki
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ahmeduana:
is either you are from Ilorin or you are from the southeast part of the country, WHERE IS OYO EMPIRE?

Oyo empire is in the dustbin of history? since you don't know where she is grin
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Gold coast have nothing to do with ancient Ghana.

Gold Coast have nothing to do with Ancient Ghana. But Gold Coast have something to do with Islam abi? We are not talking of Islam or Zoroastranism here.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
KingOKON:

Kingdom of Biafra, where in the world did this exist?

Shhhh. I'm enjoying the entertainment he's giving free. Don't cut the flow please.
Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
Rossikki:

I don't know why you're bringing your I-too-know come here. Let the clown continue to entertain us with his fooling around. You come dey disturb with facts.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by louqas: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
Faber:

Google is ur friend. Also Bight of Bonny in PH today was formerly Bight of Biafra... So me sef don't know why it was renamed. See the ancient map of Africa

BIAFRA was never a kingdom, the area existed comprising of several nations but not as a kingdom like benin shongai etc.....I did history and have never heard or read of any BIAFRA kingdom in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization by Faber(m): 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
louqas:

BIAFRA was never a kingdom, the area existed comprising of several nations but not as a kingdom like benin shongai etc.....I did history and have never heard or read of any BIAFRA kingdom in Africa

The British that wrote the History books you were taught with in school deleted virtually everything about Biafra from the history books after the Zoo Civil War.

Thats why. Ask your ancestors about the Kingdom of Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngige: Lack Of Decent Paying Jobs Huge Incubators Of Insecurity In Nigeria / Musdapher Is Acting Chief Justice As Katsina-alu Retires / LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.