Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

So This Is Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So This Is Marriage? (39098 Views)

Is Marriage An Achievement?? / Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? / Is Marriage For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So This Is Marriage? by general111(m): 10:52am On Apr 12, 2021
Me that is getting married this year laidis

1 Like

Re: So This Is Marriage? by 9jayes: 10:52am On Apr 12, 2021
Seun:
What makes a person the right partner?
Re: So This Is Marriage? by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2021
nice write up
Re: So This Is Marriage? by Checked86: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2021
Those that are married shouldn't scared the unmarried.

2 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Viking007(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2021
anthonyuncle:
this is the best post I've read recently
Honestly, it was perfectly written. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Abbeywondrous(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2021
What an informative filled write up.

Thanks @robosky02

1 Like

Re: So This Is Marriage? by NevetsIbot(m): 10:56am On Apr 12, 2021
Lol... OP. Nice write up

I don’t even think I wanna get into this thing called marriage.

Me wey be say any small discomfort from somebody’s daughter, I go Dey reason break up. grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by toffyz(m): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2021
k
Re: So This Is Marriage? by nigeriagospel(m): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2021
Forgiveness- so we are expected to forgive a woman to cheats serially all in the name of keeping marriage op?
Re: So This Is Marriage? by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2021
Seun:
This is a case of mismatched expectations. The wife expects her husband with her after work, and the husband expects her to support his interest in sports as a man. The solution is compromise. The man will agree to watch only the more important matches and his wife will watch them with him. He will ignore the less important matches and they will do whatever his wife wants them to do. Both the husband and the wife will be happy.

Easier said than done . grin

What if it's someone like me who doesn't like watching soccer? Im not sure it will work. That aside, some men, even if the woman likes, let her be a soccer fan, he'll still prefer to go out and watch it just to be in the midst of fellow men where the discuss will flow better.

Men just tend to get tired after seeing you continuously for a while. It happens with some women too. Too much see finish.

I think the best thing is for one of them to go on a vacation so that by the time they come back, they would have missed each other so well. I prefer it that way.

11 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 12, 2021
I got lucky. After the storms, mine was smart enough to conclude that it's better we're friends. I allow her to be selfish atimes (no pay-back, no grudge). We drink together. Every body says she's the best (I don't deserve her they say) and yeah!...she matured sweetly (body shape).

Don't even envy me. My cross heavy smiley

4 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by chubaba22(m): 11:02am On Apr 12, 2021
If you can't forgive don't marry

I think bestie needs to see this

1 Like

Re: So This Is Marriage? by bmdmix3: 11:02am On Apr 12, 2021
robosky02:
Before marriage, we all thought that once the knots are tied, this life go sweet die. Only you with your man/woman, enjoying, partying, shopping, doing somersaults anyhow, this, that, yen yen yen�... Akụkọ�

Most of us didn't consider the pressures that would come from home keeping, financial pressure on the family, stress from inlaws, friends, coping with the demands of our jobs while securing the home front, etc.

We didn't even think that a time would come when little discussions could result to very big quarrels, and you could actually keep malice with your partner, and say to hell with him/her.

We thought having sex everyday would just be fun since we've gotten the licence to be weird, we never imagined that we would one day be forming tayad in the oza room�.

We thought everything would just go as planned and we will live happily ever after, never did we imagine the frustrations, the heartbreaks, the regrets, the hurtful words and actions that would one day come from our heartthrob intentionally or otherwise.

Most of us thought love texting is fun and would never cease, but here we are, sending list of things to buy, issues to be resolved, school fees, utility bills, etc ��most times even forgetting to add love you at the end of the messages.

What about pillow talks, �. We enjoyed lots of it during courtship, discussing the future, totoring each other, giglling throughout the night, and all... We thought marriage would bring out the PhD of that aspect... ��. Little did we know that sometimes we would sleep off on the couch even without having our night bath. Pillow talks haff advanced to kitchen/on-the-way-out talk�

As you're coming out from one challenge, you're faced with another. It's like a loop, we keep going round and never getting to the end.

These things are overwhelming to a lot of people, you see wonderful sweet women becoming something else, the men most times start looking for outdoor activities, some, see themselves as stuck with each other and just continue to manage and hope for a better tomorrow, while the impatient ones seek ways and excuses to return to spinsterhood/bachelorhood. �‍♀️

It takes a lot to make this thing called marriage work. If you've not been there you won't understand any of those☝️.

So the next time you see couples celebrating their marriage anniversary, rejoice with them, cos what they celebrate is beyond the beautiful appearances they put up and the fine pictures you see on social media.

Every marriage anniversary is worth celebrating, don't wait until you're 25years in marriage.

Kudos to all men and women who despite the many challenges are still keeping up with the love they saw and believed in, may God continue to strengthen your home and give you double success for every effort you make, Amen�����

If u can't forgive, please don't marry. Marriage is a Ministry of 'Offence'. So u must be a permanent secretary in Forgiveness Department,
with a Phd in Understanding,
M.Sc in Loving and a B.Sc in Tolerance.

are u married
Re: So This Is Marriage? by Elonmuskfan: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2021
AsherAmari:
Now, I'm scared.

ive actually seen this happen in so many homes and it's the men that first start dousing the fire of love in marriage. They'll start by going to viewing centers or a friend's place to watch soccer, leaving the woman all alone at home. Before you know it, the gap is formed. The Interest in each other drops and you begin to see yourselves as siblings or biz partners.

It sucks.

Wives should learn to share their husbands hobbies with the husband. Instead of letting difference in hobbies to separate them whereas it can actually unite them. What happens if she joins him to watch football in viewing center for mere 90minutes instead of doing nothing at home?
She may feel out of sort in that viewing center but with time, the whole football starts to make sense to her and she creates bond with her partner.

The man must key into his wife hobbies as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So This Is Marriage? by chelsea1116(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2021
Jus like life is sweet but we still know of the challenges it has.

That same way marriage is sweet and has its own challenges.

We build and prepare ourselves for the challenges of life

That same way..prepare and build urslf for the challenges of marriage.

I cant wait for d day i will be called "Dad" ..this alone has got me preparing and working hard to make sure that lady who will give me children will be well taken care of.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Plangkat(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2021
explicitly
Re: So This Is Marriage? by jaxxy(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2021
When u want to build a house u plan. When u want to marry u have to plan same way. undecided
Re: So This Is Marriage? by Elonmuskfan: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2021
Seun:
What makes a person the right partner?
MATCHABILITY. She is his match, he is her match. I’m not taking about physical match but similar hobbies, likes, friendship ties, they bond well as FRIENDS.
Re: So This Is Marriage? by 2shaw: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2021
I'm still single,full blown hustler,GOd abeg make client bless me double,triple. I'm so damn allergic to naija own pringles,
Re: So This Is Marriage? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2021
Elonmuskfan:

Wives should learn to share their husbands hobbies with the husband. Instead of letting difference in hobbies to separate them whereas it can actually unite them. What happens if she joins him to watch football in viewing center for mere 90minutes instead of doing nothing at home?
She may feel out of sort in that viewing center but with time, the whole football starts to make sense to her and she creates bond with her partner.

The man must key into his wife hobbies as well.

She should abandon the load of chores at home and join the man at the viewing center? Not realistic.

What stops the man from watching it at home with his family?

I know a woman who stopped the husband from visiting bars by making pepper soup at home and buying the drinks at home for him. This man doesn't step outside. That's a man willing to make things work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Elonmuskfan: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2021
AsherAmari:

Easier said than done . grin

What if it's someone like me who doesn't like watching soccer? Im not sure it will work. That aside, some men, even if the woman likes, let her be a soccer fan, he'll still prefer to go out and watch it just to be in the midst of fellow men where the discuss will flow better.

Men just tend to get tired after seeing you continuously for a while. It happens with some women too. Too much see finish.

I think the best thing is for one of them to go on a vacation so that by the time they come back, they would have missed each other so well. I prefer it that way.
Vacation is the worst take it from me. You’ll come back to your spouse and it feels like you don’t know her again after you have rejuvenated.

1 Like

Re: So This Is Marriage? by FreeSpirited: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2021
The red pillers saw and knew this beforehand.
Marriage and woman caprices is not a priority to them.
That's why people join the MGTOW and maybe practise baby mama.
Good luck to those who can endure.

2 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Seun(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2021
Goldbw122:
That is why if you want to marry, please marry your friends so that it would be fun, this love texting, sex, communication will be sweet, so that is it is supposed to be, marriage is sweet, and forgiveness is really and highly require in marriage, because you need to be mature and maturity comes with understanding...
I agree with you but I don’t believe it’s actually enough. I think marriage can challenge your prior friendship. You don’t have to share the same bathroom and bed and house and car, spend the same money, etc with your friends. Some friendships would not survive the intimacy.

2 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Famundpropertie: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2021
Seun:
This is a case of mismatched expectations. The wife expects her husband to be with her after work, and the husband expects her to support his interest in sports as a man. The solution is compromise. The man will agree to watch only the more important matches and his wife will watch them with him. He will ignore the less important matches and they will do whatever his wife wants them to do. Both the husband and the wife will be happy.
grin Like Burnley vs. Newcastle.

1 Like

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Udodiri01: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2021
Best I ever had...my one cent...
Choose ur wife the same way CEO's choose workers that way you avoid head aches...
... If you want acrobatics 4 de other room find olosho
.... If you want beauty, find a lazy beautiful girl
.... If you want to eat good food, go to catering school etc
No go the find every thing in one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Skillsnigeria: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2021
The lord will deliver una
Re: So This Is Marriage? by OgbanjeProphet: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2021
Marriage can be sweet if,

you make the right choice.

And a marriage can only last,

if at least one of the partners pretends to be a fool.

A marriage where both the husband and his wife are wise can only last if they are tolerant and patient.

3 Likes

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2021
Elonmuskfan:

Vacation is the worst take it from me. You’ll come back to your spouse and it feels like you don’t know her again after you have rejuvenated.

You think so but it works for some. Anyways different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: So This Is Marriage? by Elonmuskfan: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2021
AsherAmari:

She should abandon the load of chores at and join the man at the viewing center? Not realistic.

What stops the man from watching it at home with his family?

I know a woman who stopped the husband from visiting bars by making pepper soup at home and buying the drinks at home for him. This man doesn't step outside. That's a man willing to make things work.
does it mean there is no other time of the day or the weekend when those chores can’t be done? Why does it have to be in that selective 90minutes? There is a whole 24hours on one weekend day to do chores and instead of you to go out and watch football with him over a plate of ishiewu, you choose to do chores in that particular hour. Whereas the chores can be done earlier than that hour, or after that hour while you both zoom off to go catch cruise and watch football.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog / My Wife Fought My Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.