Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer (16847 Views)

Tinubu, Oluwo, Buhari, Other Losers Of Osun Election / Tinubu Criticises Buhari, Other Leaders For Poor Governance, Failed Promises / Why Aisha Buhari Returned To Nigeria After Months In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Laststylebender: 5:26am On Apr 12, 2021
THE Senior Special Assistant to the President on Administration and Women Affairs (Office of the First Lady), Dr Hajo Sani, has given an insight into why the wife of the President, Aisha, did not react publicly to “the other room” comment made by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in 2016.

Sani said the outspoken Aisha refused to react to the statement because she understood her husband’s mindset and sense of humour.

She disclosed this in the biography of the wife of the President titled, ‘Aisha Buhari: Being different,’ which was presented to the public at an elaborate event held at the State House Conference Centre, Abuja on Thursday.

The President at a joint press conference with German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, during a state visit to Germany in October 2016 and was asked to respond to an interview Aisha granted the BBC in which she claimed her husband did not know most of the top government officials he appointed, saying some people have hijacked the government.

She (Aisha) had also threatened not to campaign for the President’s re-election in 2019 if he continued that way.

But when asked to react to his wife’s position, Buhari had laughed it off and said, “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”

The comment attracted further criticisms to the President, with many holding the position that the statement was against women.

Sani added that the controversy did not discourage the President’s wife from further intervening on national issues.

She wrote, “Many will not forget the ‘other room’ metaphor which occurred during President Buhari’s visit to Germany, where he responded to a question at a joint press briefing with the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel.

“In a lighter mood, he laughed off a question about his reaction to a BBC interview with his wife by saying, ‘I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen, and my living room and the other room.’

“His remarks immediately went viral on social media, with some people calling for and expecting a rebuttal from Aisha.

Meanwhile, she never contested the statement or queried her husband. This is vintage Aisha Buhari.

“Married for decades, she understands her husband’s mindset and sense of humour, a side of him that the public may not see or appreciate.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-aisha-kept-mum-on-buharis-other-room-comment-biographer/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by JaeSoon: 5:55am On Apr 12, 2021
That's their problem

Get Responsive Website | Ecommerce | Blog | Corporate Website | with Hosting & Domain + SEO. Just For 30k ▶➡️ Check Signature For WhatsApp Contact

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by ivandragon: 6:01am On Apr 12, 2021
Lol.

Aisha is all smoke & mirrors...

11 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 12, 2021
I totally understand that statement is one of those bants and shots that always flies around the family dinning table.

But saying that in the presence of Angela merkel a powerful female leader reeks of Ill timing.

Someone like Magraet Thatcher will openly say "Your Excellency sir, i am a woman like your first lady and I don't belong to the other room"

50 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by donbachi(m): 6:38am On Apr 12, 2021
Za ozza room

3 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Oluwamarc(m): 6:45am On Apr 12, 2021
Tales from the Oza room

13 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Streetpresident: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2021
All that's in a man's head is za oza room & Nigerians gave him the country to manage?

I am not surprise...

16 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Charmingrascal(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2021
So what should we do with this news

3 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Mexzy4sho(m): 8:50am On Apr 12, 2021
Za oza room

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by lastcall: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2021
WGAF!!!!
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by IgweOfNnewi: 9:15am On Apr 12, 2021
Who cares
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by setobaba: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2021
None of my fucking business

Meanwhile
Quality 3weeks old slant back GSD puppies for sale in Abeokuta

Check profile for more info
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by BigBelleControl(m): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2021
By now, the bed in the other room would have missed actions.
When the president is in Aso Rock, the wife is either in Dubai or London. And when the president goes to London, madam runs back to the country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by explorer250(m): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2021
Lol, that is because she is a Muslim and she got no choice grin grin grin
hi, I am Clinton, a fullstack web developer. If you need custom website that can send emails and SMS to your customers, integrate payment gateway like paystack etc chat me up on 0 80 .79 .41 :37:.38 or email me. Contact details on my profile

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by NwaNimo1(m): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 12, 2021
grin
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by BIGDADDY000(m): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2021
This statement is ridiculous : ‘I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen, and my living room and the other room.’

but as a matter of national security, she has no choice
than to keep silence. Although islamic religion do see
female as inferior, left to BUHARI its not a big deal.
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Akwaibomdude(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2021
seen
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by obo389(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2021
JaeSoon:
That's their problem
I dey tell you.
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by egemgeo(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2021
Does he have to know everyone in his gorvernent? If he doesn't know any
Igbo man so no Igbo can be in his cabinet.
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by affable4(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2021
Lol. Religion stopped her. Simple!
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Vyzz: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2021
��✌�✌�✌�✌����✌���
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by IgweOfNnewi: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2021
She should have take and see the minister of dehumanitarian and national disaster taken her other room
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by techmo(m): 10:32am On Apr 12, 2021
Buhari is a soldier... a general for that matter, Aisha knows when to keep shut
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Akasammyoka: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2021
Will you kip kwit. How is this even news. Is because of buhari sense of humor that made aisha travel to dubai for six month.
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Cocao(f): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2021
I have never seen more nonsense than this. Literally, it makes no sense at all. Not even one.
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by EmekaBlue(m): 10:35am On Apr 12, 2021
This yeye Aisha and her yeye Aso rock bedroom stories sef undecided
Re: Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer by Olayinka8793(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2021
The biggest misyarn from the dumbest president in the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans / Umahi: I Have Not Made Any Comment About Anambra Election / FG To Establish 18 Modular Refineries In Oil-Producing States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.