Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space (16123 Views)

Are You A Programmer Or App Developer Who Wish To Work Remotely For A US Company / The Basic Architecture Concepts I Wish I Knew When I Was Getting Started As A We / 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by melaniaup: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
shegzhkn:

I know where you can get grin

By the way how did you come about ur monicker ??

My name and am going upper or higher

Where do I get it from
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by shegzhkn: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
melaniaup:

Where do I get it from

Melania grin
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Faithti(m): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
Alejobs:
The more time you put in, the better you get, you need a good mentor too. I sell laptop powerbank,A a powerbank can be a replacement for your laptop battery or charger You may need one due to poor power supply in ur area and you will also find it useful on days when your device battery is low, or you are on the go and it is important to work on laptop or phone or maybe grid power is out and gen refuse to work. It is then you will find a powerbank very useful. Many have missed out on deadline, appointment, lost their way, miss target, dates because they don't have a powerbank around to save the day. Get yourself reliable powerbank today! O8O6-531-63O7
best advert have seen in a while
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by shegzhkn: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
melaniaup:

Where do I get it from

check out this URL

https://downloadly.net/2020/12/1906/03/phpstorm/01/?#/1906-jetbrain-232135044022.html
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by melaniaup: 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
shegzhkn:

check out this URL

https://downloadly.net/2020/12/1906/03/phpstorm/01/?#/1906-jetbrain-232135044022.html

Thanks I will check it out

My name is the coolest according to my survey
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by dopemama(f): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
kponkedenge:
Truth is that the IT world especially here in Nigeria is getting very saturated and opportunities that were easy to come by - say 5 to 10 years ago are now so difficult to see.

Those that started coding back then are enjoying now.... I know most that have even left Nigeria and taken up jobs overseas.... Especially the person who taught me how to code.

Not to discourage upcoming developers.... But just try and be extremely good at what you do... You will definitely fit in somewhere.
biko how can one become a coder? What do you need to become one? Pls help
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Dechief: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kubernetes:
Most cs degree programmers prefer to get jobs as IT officers with multi nationals or banks just to earn fat salaries. But I see prospects in certain tech space in Nigeria like the fintech sector for over the counter coders alike. As a trained chemical Engineer, I learnt Perl and Java to be able to develop some simple softwares related to my course of study. Only recently, I started creating basic applications for my personal use e.g 2D games, weather app, scientific calc and some spatial data apps of mineral distribution in Nigeria. Though I am lucky to have a federal govt job to pay my bills.
hello m currently learning Java please can you share some materials with me
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by africonn: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dechief:

Materials full everywhere all you need is a roadmap.
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by africonn: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
Faithti:
It's a good one, because it highlights the reader's needs and pain, not an advert trying to sell may want.
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Dechief: 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
africonn:

Materials full everywhere all you need is a roadmap.
God bless you.. you have said it all . I swear the road can be so confusing.. can you direct me sir
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by africonn: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
neyohh:

Is there a naija producthunt.com version where naija coders drop their apps .

africonn.com is a community for Africans so tech products can be shared there too.
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by neyohh: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
africonn:

africonn.com is a community for Africans so tech products can be shared there too.

Awesome , checked all your projects.
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Alejobs: 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
Faithti:

Thanks for the compliment!
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Kubernetes: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dechief:

there are thousands of videos, articles, books etc about java.
The one thing I will say is, you must practice while learning. Don't just read or watch the videos, u should practice by coding yourself. Don't rush in trying to know everything at once.
Legacy channels like Thenewboston for Bucky Roberts, Derek Banas,Lynda. Com, Khan Academy should get u started.

Don't just watch, try changing the codes and see what happens. Books like Heads first Java is also a bomb.

For me, I had to learn some cs basics before learning programming in terms bits, transistors, Binary, computer architecture in relation to memory, CPU,7 bits,8 bits,32 bits,64 bits etc. Things like ASCII and Unicode xter set.

Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by dauddy97(m): 5:14am On Apr 23, 2021
StonedLex:
I started learning python but I haven't touched it in months. How do you guys get motivated to continue? sad
Hello Man, ping me, we can learn together. i teach python for Data Science and Machine Learning. If you have someone who tutors you, gives you assignment and code along, you will be motivated to code. send dm for more....
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 23, 2021
StonedLex:
I started learning python but I haven't touched it in months. How do you guys get motivated to continue? sad
It's not motivation, it's less of motivation and more of discipline when you get started. Don't overcommit to your other projects: make sure you give the preset amount of attention..no more no less. Discipline and management.
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Dechief: 6:48am On Apr 23, 2021
Kubernetes:

there are thousands of videos, articles, books etc about java.
The one thing I will say is, you must practice while learning. Don't just read or watch the videos, u should practice by coding yourself. Don't rush in trying to know everything at once.
Legacy channels like Thenewboston for Bucky Roberts, Derek Banas,Lynda. Com, Khan Academy should get u started.

Don't just watch, try changing the codes and see what happens. Books like Heads first Java is also a bomb.

For me, I had to learn some cs basics before learning programming in terms bits, transistors, Binary, computer architecture in relation to memory, CPU,7 bits,8 bits,32 bits,64 bits etc. Things like ASCII and Unicode xter set.
currently using head first java and the new boston on youtube.. but solo learning most times is not easy I am even thinking of going to a computer hub to learn
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Kubernetes: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2021
Dechief:
currently using head first java and the new boston on youtube.. but solo learning most times is not easy I am even thinking of going to a computer hub to learn

Exactly, that will be the best. Learning from someone or school will triple your learning rate.
Just master data structures and grasp how instance and static (variable and methods ) works, how the access modifiers works in relation to different classes and packages, how to create and invoke your own methods and having in mind that every program begins from the "Main" method , how to create objects and their constructors etc. Then get the know the secrets of how conditional statements works. Try knowing above basics. Then create like 20 simple applications from above. Then read the Java doc very well in terms of the libraries. From there u will learn about the GUI class libraries like jframe, jbutton etc.
I just gave you a scattered format, I am sure a professional tutor will give u the best.
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by wealthyhenry(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
dauddy97:
Hello Man, ping me, we can learn together. i teach python for Data Science and Machine Learning. If you have someone who tutors you, gives you assignment and code along, you will be motivated to code. send dm for more....
Please I'd like to learn Machine learning and data Science with Python
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by dauddy97(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2021
wealthyhenry:

Please I'd like to learn Machine learning and data Science with Python
change that o to zero. it's very active on WhatsApp. or drop your contact and let talk

phone number modified;
o81 49. 42. 84. 9o
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by LikeAking: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
e go betta.
Re: Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space by Lukman1700: 8:38am On Apr 30, 2021
Ajilenu:
dude, I like you already. Though I'm not in the Tech space, I'm in the Digital space but you said somethings I can relate with but didn't know was a problem. Thanks alot. We fit connect if you like

omoh same here .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Make Payment For Any Udemy Course With My Credit Card? / BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers / Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.