Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,643 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

The Seventh-day Adventist Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Seventh-day Adventist Church (3391 Views)

Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? / Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by FarmTech(m): 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
Eviana:
So thankful and grateful that I am now able to post the above two threads from back on April 16, 2021 and April 26, 2021 that were banned (from spam-bot or so, I believe).
Just a snippet of my church's history and founders.
My church's official beliefs are listed on the 1st page of this thread.

Ms. Eviana
Hello Ms. Eviana. How was your day? What do you think about this:
"So if the Passover was on the first day of the week, and the Passover is our communion, and on communion we gathered as the disciples did back then, and if on the first day we store our tithes and offerings, and if on the first day Paul preached and thus someone preaches, then all that happens in church on the first day, and thus that is why church is on Sunday."

https://www.independentbaptist.com/true-bible-reasons-church-sunday-not-saturday/
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by Eviana(f): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
FarmTech:

Hello Ms. E.viana. How was your day? What do you think about this:
"So if the Passover was on the first day of the week, and the Passover is our communion, and on communion we gathered as the disciples did back then, and if on the first day we store our tithes and offerings, and if on the first day Paul preached and thus someone preaches, then all that happens in church on the first day, and thus that is why church is on Sunday."

https://www.independentbaptist.com/true-bible-reasons-church-sunday-not-saturday/

Goodmorning,
I am doing well...blessed.
I like the Independent Baptists.... some Seventh-day Baptists also exist smiley
You may want to look it up wink
Have a blessed Sunday.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by jantman(m): 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2023
Eviana

There is only one church that exist. the body of Christ

I am a member of the body of Christ, not any denomination. I will also implore you to see yourself as a member of Christ body. Those churches you see or attend physically do not exist in the spiritual realm. People insult me when I shovel spiritual reality into their face.

Be a prayerful person not a church going person.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by FarmTech(m): 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
Eviana:

Goodmorning,
I am doing well...blessed.
I like the Independent Baptists.... some Seventh-day Baptists also exist smiley
You may want to look it up wink
Have a blessed Sunday.
Thanks. I didn't know that before. I was just googling.

Personally I don't think sunday/saturday worship is a big deal. The most important is to live lives that please God. Seems like you studied religion in school? All your posts are just that.

1 Like

Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by FarmTech(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2023
jantman:
Eviana

I am a member of the body of Christ, not any denomination. I will also implore you to see yourself as a member of Christ body. Those churches you see or attend physically do not exist in the spiritual realm. People insult me when I shovel spiritual reality into their face.

Does it matter if one attend Sabbath, Cherubim and sarraphim? I think denominations matters to some extent.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by Eviana(f): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
jantman:
E.viana

Ok...I appreciate your comments.

1 Like

Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by jantman(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2023
FarmTech:

Does it matter if one attend Sabbath, Cherubim and sarraphim? I think denominations matters to some extent.

Denomination has its purpose in the body of Christ, but not the way many people are going about it.

Just imagine a baby that feeds on milk. After growing up, he still remain or depend on milk feed.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by Eviana(f): 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
FarmTech:

Thanks. I didn't know that before. I was just googling.

Personally I don't think sunday/saturday worship is a big deal. The most important is to live lives that please God. Seems like you studied religion in school? All your posts are just that.

Ok...your comments are respected and appreciated.
Never taken any type of "religion" course in college ever in my life.
I have definitely (under pevious monikers) ventured and commented in other sections on this site. I definitely have many opinions about a myriad of topics-some of which I offer--, however my passion is here in this section.
It's difficult to not talk about what weighs heaviest on my heart. Sincere conversion does that to a person.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by jantman(m): 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
Eviana:

Ok...I appreciate your comments.

You can never be closer to God without a life of prayer. For prayer is an effort to lay of God..
wink.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by Eviana(f): 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2023
jantman:

You can never be closer to God without a life of prayer. For prayer is an effort to lay of God..
wink.

A-men and absolutely. Prayer is the lifeline to the Lord.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by jantman(m): 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
Eviana:

Ok, I will soon write an esoteric thread about the mystery of mid-night prayer after Christ ascension.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by FarmTech(m): 12:49am On Feb 06, 2023
Eviana:

Ok...your comments are respected and appreciated.
Never taken any type of "religion" course in college ever in my life.
I have definitely (under pevious monikers) ventured and commented in other sections on this site. I definitely have many opinions about a myriad of topics-some of which I offer--, however my passion is here in this section.
It's difficult to not talk about what weighs heaviest on my heart. Sincere conversion does that to a person.

Good to hear that. Very few christians come here to preach. If you don't mind sharing your course of study I will like to know. I studied mechanical engineering. But I practice farming for now. cheesy.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by FarmTech(m): 12:52am On Feb 06, 2023
jantman:

Denomination has its purpose in the body of Christ, but not the way many people are going about it.

Just imagine a baby that feeds on milk. After growing up, he still remain or depend on milk feed.
Clarify pls.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by jantman(m): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2023
FarmTech:

Clarify pls.

Very good question from you. There are seven levels of the Christian life. These level is mysteriously known as the seven level of spiritual warfare. I will write about it soon and clarify more from my own experience in spiritual warfare.

Before I will answer a glimpse of your question. Open any modern translation bible. Read (2 peter 1:5-8] and write back to me what you saw in the scripture and I will get back to you.

I am waiting to hear from you.

Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by FarmTech(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2023
jantman:

Very good question from you. There are seven levels of the Christian life. These level is mysteriously known as the seven level of spiritual warfare. I will write about it soon and clarify more from my own experience in spiritual warfare.

Before I will answer a glimpse of your question. Open any modern translation bible. Read (2 peter 1:5-8] and write back to me what you saw in the scripture and I will get back to you.

I am waiting to hear from you.

Ok. It talks about 8 qualities that will make us active and effective in our knowledge of christ. It also help us to know that we have been purified from past sins. Qualities are Faith, goodness. Knowledge. Self control. Endurance. Godliness. Christian affection. Love.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by Eviana(f): 1:37am On Feb 07, 2023
FarmTech:

Good to hear that. Very few christians come here to preach. If you don't mind sharing your course of study I will like to know. I studied mechanical engineering. But I practice farming for now. cheesy.

I didn't necessarily come here to "preach". I'm not a preacher of any sort. But if I'm honest with myself and my spirituality is the centerpiece and joy of my life--which means something to me--, then there's no way that I can not speak about it to others--or it not have some sort of major impact on how I live my life daily. I first started in the Religion section when I joined NL....left and ventured into/commented on several topics in several sections, and then came full circle back to this section.
I don't just reserve my comments for Sabbaths or Sunday's only. I'm here throughout the week.
I have however, missed the mark many times.
I really enjoy speaking about the Lord....or encouraging folks.

Ummm....I do mind speaking about my course of study in this thread...and basically the site.
Nothing to hide, but just not desiring to speak about (what I consider) to be private things on this site anymore.
I spoke about myself under previous monikers--publicly and--want to be more reserved now. Have to learn from my mistakes... smiley
I do not want this thread to be further derailed...if you understand. I, along with a few others, am guilty of having distracted folks ftom my original message on this thread. I don't want to do that again.

I will say this though: Mechanical Engineering--so you are probably a math brain...and then to farming (which in a sense can be mathematical, but requires so much more (in my opinion)--very interesting wink
The farming has caught my attention....very nice.
Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by FarmTech(m): 7:26am On Feb 07, 2023
Eviana:

I didn't necessarily come here to "preach". I'm not a preacher of any sort. But if I'm honest with myself and my spirituality is the centerpiece and joy of my life--which means something to me--, then there's no way that I can not speak about it to others--or it not have some sort of major impact on how I live my life daily. I first started in the Religion section when I joined NL....left and ventured into/commented on several topics in several sections, and then came full circle back to this section.
I don't just reserve my comments for Sabbaths or Sunday's only. I'm here throughout the week.
I have however, missed the mark many times.
I really enjoy speaking about the Lord....or encouraging folks.

Ummm....I do mind speaking about my course of study in this thread...and basically the site.
Nothing to hide, but just not desiring to speak about (what I consider) to be private things on this site anymore.
I spoke about myself under previous monikers--publicly and--want to be more reserved now. Have to learn from my mistakes... smiley
I do not want this thread to be further derailed...if you understand. I, along with a few others, am guilty of having distracted folks ftom my original message on this thread. I don't want to do that again.

I will say this though: Mechanical Engineering--so you are probably a math brain...and then to farming (which in a sense can be mathematical, but requires so much more (in my opinion)--very interesting wink
The farming has caught my attention....very nice.

Oh, I see. Sorry for derialing the thread! I just wanted to know if you studied a course I like. I would like to learn from someone that studied in an advanced country where practical teachings are common.

I've seen all those fake accusations against you. It hurts. I can relate because I myself have also been slandered in this forum. Things I never did was leveled against me just like that. But anyway, I moved on no matter what.

Math brain? Well, I'm trying my best. But I still have a long way to go. The problem with us here is lack of practical teachings. So you love farming? I'm happy to hear that. cheesy

Finally, I wont derail your thread again. But I really wish you can also talk about other interests you have because that would attract more people to your religious posts. Dont you think so? Don't allow slanderers to keep you from reaching more souls. I got your back. I'm a mod and so I can ban them and delete all their posts (with just few clicks)... If you are concern about making your course of study public, you can send me a PM. Honestly, if it is a course I like, I'll really like us to share ideas. There are so many untapped opportunities in this our developing nation.

1 Like

Re: The Seventh-day Adventist Church by tctrills: 8:14am On Feb 07, 2023
Eviana:

Hi, I am not a member of your church. I have visited 2 or 3 times and heard extensive discussions with friends who go to your church.
Thanks for your intelligent and well written thread.
But a few things here, I think you are putting too much into the bag.
You make it hard for the ordinary person to appreciate and follow.
I believe if you post constantly, discussing one point or topic at a time in different threads, you would better pass the message. This method of pumping out so much doctrine in just one thread would not serve the majority of people.
Note, this is just my opinion, I might be wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How The World's Most Notorious Atheist Became A Believer In God / The Kaaba- Another Prove That Islam Is The Religion Of Peace / The Left Behind Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.