Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest (1921 Views)

Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / North Food Blockage To SW: Reno Has This To Say Pics / Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
Two weeks before and after the food blockade,I started to plant behind my rented apartment.I planted maize,pepper,tomatoes,potatoes,spinach,groundnut,Jute leaves,Okro,Habanero pepper.

Today i got my first Spinach harvest after 3 weeks of planting.

Mynd44

8 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by ola6: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
This is so encouraging. Well done!!!

8 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
ola6:
This is so encouraging. Well done!!!

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by IgweOfNnewi: 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by rayvelez(m): 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
See fresh as the spinach are, nice one.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Sammy07: 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
How can Northerners thinks of blocking food for South West self undecided

Were dey drinking fura dey nunu when they where thinking of that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2021
More pics

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by drake2(m): 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please pull down these pictures. They are quite very laughable. Ask for basic GAP (Good Agricultural Practice) for each crop please. Except you are doing what they call pretend games?. Lol!

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
drake2:
Please pull down these pictures. They are quite very laughable. Ask for basic GAP (Good Agricultural Practice) for each crop please. Except you are doing what they call pretend games?. Lol!

Mr man,this is subsistence farming.I dont sell them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by amuwo1980: 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
drake2:
So true

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
That is nice but this won't feed the whole south grin
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by aremuforlife(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
He don't need to feed the whole south, let other family practice the same subsistence farming to feed their families.

14 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If all Southerners plant in their gardens and farmlands,food will be a lot cheaper than the produce from the North.

I plan to go into large scale farming and Animal husbandry in the nearest future.
The hunger vaccine is Agriculture.

12 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Christistruth00: 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

He is already training the next Generation on the Importance and Fruitfulness of Agriculture just by demonstrating that it pays to embrace Agriculture.

12 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by drake2(m): 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
akanke79:

Mr man,this is subsistence farming.I dont sell them.

No it is not. Subsistence describes only your capacity and small sized plots. But it still requires knowledge.(GAP).
Pull down the pictures pleeeeeeeze?

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by tamdun: 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
drake2:

No it is not. Subsistence describes only your capacity and small sized plots. But it still requires knowledge.(GAP).
Pull down the pictures pleeeeeeeze?
Nairaland is a public forum, if you are not happy with the post, just ignore it

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Manab: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
Sammy07:
How can Northerners thinks of blocking food for South West self undecided

Were dey drinking fura dey nunu when they where thinking of that?
stop typing nonsense just go and farm.
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by gawu1: 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
akanke79:

If all Southerners plant in their gardens and farmlands,food will be a lot cheaper than the produce from the North.

I plan to go into large scale farming and Animal husbandry in the nearest future.
The hunger vaccine is Agriculture.
when you start your large scale farming will know whether northerners contribute to the development of the country or not.
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
gawu1:

when you start your large scale farming will know whether northerners contribute to the development of the country or not.

Growing food should be everybody’s business in Nigeria because we eat three or more times a day.There is no competition in this about who contribute food pass the other.

To attain food sufficiency and cheap food,every Nigeria must grow something not matter how little.

I have some European friends who see Africa as a gold mine.If Europeans lived in Nigeria,food will be the cheapest commodity in the country because of our fertlie land.

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Christistruth00: 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
gawu1:

Southerners have started engaging in Large Scale farming .

Large Scale Commercial Agriculture is the most Popular Business of retired Govt Officials in the South for example Obasanjo.

it is the herdsmen that have been killing and destroying farms that are the Problem for example the case of Chief Olu Falae

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Moferere: 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
Way to go
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Sammy07: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
[s]
Manab:
stop typing nonsense just go and farm.
[/s]

I don't need to showoff
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Manab: 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't need to showoff
lazy pinking as if he knows hw to hold a hoe
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by tit(f): 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nice one.
Watch out, bush Fulani herdsmen will try and burn this your farm.

The town Fulani are already discouraging you here.

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
tit:
Nice one.
Watch out, bush Fulani herdsmen will try and burn this your farm.

The town Fulani are already discouraging you here.
Them no fit na military zone so they must keep off. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by nedu666: 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
akanke79:

Growing food should be everybody’s business in Nigeria because we eat three or more times a day.There is no competition in this about who contribute food pass the other.

To attain food sufficiency and cheap food,every Nigeria must grow something not matter how little.

I have some European friends who see Africa as a gold mine.If Europeans lived in Nigeria,food will be the cheapest commodity in the country because of our fertlie land.

Are you surprised that he is mad at you for growing food. He wants only the north to be farming so that they can use food to blackmail the south

5 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
akanke79:
Two weeks before and after the food blockade,I started to plant behind my rented apartment.I planted maize,pepper,tomatoes,potatoes,spinach,groundnut,Jute leaves,Okro,Habanero pepper.

Today i got my first Spinach harvest after 3 weeks of planting.

Mynd44

Well done. Kudos and blessings. I am trying to get a decent sized allotment to do same. Very hard in Lagos and on the Island especially .

Fantastic idea and achievement that shows how easily we could all be growing our own organic food crops.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Ogbeni herdsman, it it the start of an idea. One I personally know you Northerners are petrified about and would rather mock out of fear. No going back on severing food ties with the North.

Thank your power-hungry leaders and pro-North agitators, desperately trying to hold on to power post 2023, for opening our eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I'm not surprised at all, this post has confirmed my worst fears about you cool

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by Elliotwaveforec: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Way to go; let's go back to farm.
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by akanke79: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:
Way to go; let's go back to farm.

Operation feed yourself
Re: Aftermath Of The Northern Food Blockage To Southwest by EmekaA125(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
G

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who’s Helinues? / Yoruba Nation Members At Freedom Park Chant 'No Going Back' / Bandit On Wanted List Arrested In Sokoto (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.