Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Which Should I Choose? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Should I Choose? (17716 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which One Should I Choose / Which Of These Job Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
descarado:

Where did you guys get this ridiculous analogy from?
Seriously?

Anybody that pays up to 2000 pounds a month as tax is a very rich man. Can't even think the prime minister will pay up to that a month.
And you think all Nigerian workers don't pay tax?
UK even have a treshhold you will meet and if you don't meet that, your tax will be given back to you after a tax yr.
Can Nigeria do that?

The goods you buy, u think you don't pay tax,
No electricity yet you pay a fixed amount as tax every month?
Your landlord put local govt levy in your house rent, I'm sure you have no idea.
Add all the monthly egunjes you must doll out, paying for vigilante service or road leading to your house, and of course fueling your gen
Sometimes, I don't pity you guys
annual not monthly lipsrsealed
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Passionate1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
notoriousbabe:
The permanent sorrow is better than the temporary sorrow

grin sad but true! if dem want a better future, dem go rise up and fight d fulani government to d last drop of blood. .the sooner, the better. .
Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
descarado:

Where did you guys get this ridiculous analogy from?
Seriously?

Anybody that pays up to 2000 pounds a month as tax is a very rich man. Can't even think the prime minister will pay up to that a month.
And you think all Nigerian workers don't pay tax?
UK even have a treshhold you will meet and if you don't meet that, your tax will be given back to you after a tax yr.
Can Nigeria do that?

The goods you buy, u think you don't pay tax,
No electricity yet you pay a fixed amount as tax every month?
Your landlord put local govt levy in your house rent, I'm sure you have no idea.
Add all the monthly egunjes you must doll out, paying for vigilante service or road leading to your house, and of course fueling your gen
Sometimes, I don't pity you guys
wee you keep kwayet dia. everybody now has prepaid meter lipsrsealed
and you cant even compare house rent. in some places rent is 400,000 naira a year. thats like 600 pounds a year. where in the UK will you see rent 600 pounds a year lipsrsealed

you people are suffering in the UK. you work so hard just to pay all ya bills. then ya money is finished before the next paycheck and you start eating mouldy bread of 29 pence and water baked beans of 20 pence from costcutter till ya next salary comes lipsrsealed
Re: Which Should I Choose? by mokkalu1(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
temmypotter:
Gosh, suffering dey this country embarassed

How do Nigerians survive on 30k.. 40k... Per month?

I'm actually in disbelief.. who can explain? Like.. is their a different market things are cheap or it's the same market we all go to where 40k can't even take care of foodstuff
Mhen! I de reason the same thing most times o. Which kind magic person fit use manage that kind money?
Re: Which Should I Choose? by MansoryMX(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
lekki1444:
nigga yo ass has never stepped into muritala mohammed airport before because this your story is bogus. you went to the UK for masters ( 2 years at most ) and made enough money in 2 years to >>> building my house, marriage, established a company that has grown and many other things. ? what job were you doing in that 2 years and what was the salary ? awon oniro pinochioo angry

try to lie with sense

You think everybody goes to the UK, hustle and squandered their hard earned money like you. Your behavior says it all. Makes me wonder if you have ever traveled outside the shores of this country because you sound dumb and irritating like a tout. Na your type dey come back home empty handed after spending their money on drugs and white pussies. Ode! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by darlenese(f): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
Please tell me what is special about a 30k job , calling it permanent ,sounds like a curse to me

4 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
MansoryMX:

You think everybody goes to the UK, hustle and squandered their hard earned money like you. Your behavior says it all. Makes me wonder if you have ever traveled outside the shores of this country because you sound dumb and irritating like a tout. Na your type dey come back home empty handed after spending their money on drugs and white pussies. Ode! cheesy
grin guilty as charged. in my unenlightened days of course angry

no but seriously try and lie with sense. i know 90 percent of the nigerian population in the UK who have been there over 20 years and cannot afford to even come home again because they cant save. then you MR SUPERMAN just appears and in under 2 years you have built a house and a factory and a marriage with proceeds of 2 years work ? awon oniro oshi. you can lie for lagos state angry
Re: Which Should I Choose? by marwanafrica: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
[quote author=temmypotter post=100757655]Gosh, suffering dey this country embarassed

I'm actually in disbelief.. who can explain? Like.. is their a different market things are cheap or it's the same market we all go to where 40k can't even take care of foodstuff[/quote

I am a graduate and my salary is 10k, i work from Monday to sarturday, i spent 200 each day to and fro. You can imagine how i admire people of 30-40k you are in disbelieve
Re: Which Should I Choose? by mikemiyaki: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
My friend, go for a permanent job. Or, what happens to you when the temporary job finishes in a month's time?
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

I need the opinions of the experienced people here.

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

It's urgent, I need to make a decision asap.

Thanks.

Lalasticlala please help me move to Frontpage.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by MansoryMX(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
lekki1444:
grin guilty as charged. in my unenlightened days of course angry

no but seriously try and lie with sense. i know 90 percent of the nigerian population in the UK who have been there over 20 years and cannot afford to even come home again because they cant save. then you MR SUPERMAN just appears and in under 2 years you have built a house and a factory and a marriage with proceeds of 2 years work ? awon oniro oshi. you can lie for lagos state angry

Baba carry your frustrated life outta my front abeg. You just confirmed you don’t know how to work smart even if you don stay UK for 500 years. You nor know anybody abeg! Carry your 1930 lifestyle outta my front biko. In this age of connectivity see your shallow reasoning! How then you wan te make am. Meet men make dem show you way o! Nor back back here with only toothpick and candy sweet cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Xkale1234(m): 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Until I advise you, u better go for permanent job o
Re: Which Should I Choose? by marwanafrica: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Xiaomi1:
Both are not really good.

Sir please give me a connection to any better one abeg.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by marwanafrica: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
Heineken:
lol even 11k job dey for graduates monthly. It's more than hell in this country and it can't get better anytime soon for this country.

Mine is 10k.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Karleb(m): 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Both jobs should never be considered a permanent jobs.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Karleb(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
darlenese:
Please tell me what is special about a 30k job , calling it permanent ,sounds like a curse to me

May you never lack. I have not seen a permanent job in the OP's list.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
MansoryMX:

Baba carry your frustrated life outta my front abeg. You just confirmed you don’t know how to work smart even if you don stay UK for 500 years. You nor know anybody abeg! Carry your 1930 lifestyle outta my front biko. In this age of connectivity see your shallow reasoning! How then you wan te make am. Meet men make dem show you way o! Nor back back here with only toothpick and candy sweet cheesy
my point here is that whatever money you made ? you didnt make it working in the UK system. maybe you were living in the UK but had a business you were doing meaning you could have been in nigeria doing the same business and making it. so whatever money you made had nothing to do with the UK. i know you did not make enough money in the UK in 2 years WORKING to build a house a factory and a marriage. i have friends who are medical consultants in the UK. they earn the highest salary range in the UK at 120,000 pounds a year and even with that kind of salary you cant do what you said you did in 2 years. first of all on that salary you are on the highest tax bracket. tax will take half of that. you are left with 60k. then rent mortgage bills food takes the rest and if you are lucky you get to save 20k a year and in 2 years thats 40k saved which is 24 million naira. you cant even buy a bungalow in lekki for 24 million naira. you cant even buy any property in lekki with that small amount. which beggars the question what kind of house did you build and where did you build it ? this nigga built a 3 million naira house in zamfara state and is here talking rubbish cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Should I Choose? by ITbomb(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
For a graduate there's nothing like 30k "permanent" job.

General definition of permanent job is above minimum wage with allowances including
Re: Which Should I Choose? by dochenaj: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

Thanks.

#700 transport means you spend close to #20k on transport alone. And when you factor lunch then you only go home with 5k every month. Some jobs are as good as unemployment.

I was thinking the permanent job was better then I did the maths on the transport fare and I realized it is not better.

Take the temporary job and keep searching for another job. You'll get one with better pay or less expensive transportation.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Freemasonry: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
The first one is just for a month, after which you will be jobless and start job hunting again.
But the second one is more long term prospects, plus a transport allowance.

Bro, I beg you to take the second option.
Don’t let that 10k deceive you.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
greatcrown:

You are on point bro.

For the temporary job no saving at all because he will Saturday and Sunday.

Chances are you will even borrow because transportation is not fixed in Lagos. It will increase for whatever stupid reason.
My brother the thing tire me
Re: Which Should I Choose? by slimanyd: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
temmypotter:

I'm actually in disbelief.. who can explain? Like.. is their a different market things are cheap or it's the same market we all go to where 40k can't even take care of foodstuff

Yes. There are different market . same market a rich folk will buy at 3k per kilo is also sold at 1k per kilo for an average man out there in the street. Same way yahoo boys have made clothes expensive , Same cloth they bought at the rate of 15k per one , I also get same at 3k per one same quality. So, in short , Different price dey for same goods out there.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Heineken(m): 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
marwanafrica:

Mine is 10k.
nawao. Just imagine. And our politicians dey amass and embezzle billions daily. E no fit good for this country
Re: Which Should I Choose? by habakukjss3: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

Thanks.

If u daily transportation fare is 700, it means u will spend 15k monthly on transportation that's if u don't work Saturdays leaving u with 15 k net monthly salary.
Can you live on 15k net salary job in a month?.
If no, choose the Jamb Job and after a month , people will know u r jobless n might help out.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Babysho(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
temmypotter:

I was about to put in words when I saw its 30k not 300k lol
Now playing Fela - Shufferin and Schmilin
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Basiliun: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
I will advise choosing the permenent one though it bears much expenses, with time there ll be an ingreament. The temporary one though it seems to be more advantagious, by the time the one month duration might be over you ll be forced to apply for another job and the opportunity will no longer be there.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Olumiday15: 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Omoh all this K no be money jare

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by mechanics(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
The permanent job is better, just pray about it.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Adesuntim95(m): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
notoriousbabe:
The permanent sorrow is better than the temporary sorrow

��
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
marwanafrica:

Sir please give me a connection to any better one abeg.
where are you
Re: Which Should I Choose? by WinterMinter(m): 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
Stop acting like If you're not a Nigerian
Well if you still have disbelief on the matter
Please show me how to make more money

temmypotter:

Re: Which Should I Choose? by sandraade(f): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
Go for permanent job. Simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBM Group For Unemployed Graduates / 6 Things To Do When You Can't Get A Job - MUST READ / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.