Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Which Should I Choose? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Should I Choose? (17710 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which One Should I Choose / Which Of These Job Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Clinghton: 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
Even the permanent job can still sack you, don't feel too secured.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by melodyogonna(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Transportation is N700 daily? Wtf
OP what sort of job is that? The permanent job I mean, cos 30k no really make sense, if you're going to that much on transportation every day. Can't you try harder to find something better?

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Map1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

I need the opinions of the experienced people here.

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

It's urgent, I need to make a decision asap.

Thanks.

Lalasticlala please help me move to Frontpage.
Reject temporary and permanent job go take a loan of 750k and buy keke and you will be making nothing less than 150k in a month

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Raskass: 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
Think
Re: Which Should I Choose? by mosesaigbe(m): 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
Pick the 30k and add another stream of income to it that you can do online e.g freelancing......
Re: Which Should I Choose? by deavicky(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

Thanks.

md fellow how can u consider a thing like this?. Just one month not even 6 months. After receiving ur pay for the month what happens to the subsequent month.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by nanceeleecious(f): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
temmypotter:
Gosh, suffering dey this country embarassed

How do Nigerians survive on 30k.. 40k... Per month?

I'm actually in disbelief.. who can explain? Like.. is their a different market things are cheap or it's the same market we all go to where 40k can't even take care of foodstuff
It's really depressing.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by EmyGod(m): 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
My brother don't think twice unless you love staying at home because that temporary job can't take you more than one month but the permanent can take you far for now and put food in your table for months besides you can look for someone you trust to work for you for that temporary job I did that last Inec temporary work during election.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by doncollino: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
All jobs in Nigeria are temporary, go for the bigger pay
Re: Which Should I Choose? by uvie66: 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
ensamy:
That's less than 100 USD a month shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Less than 4 USD/Day .
what has US got to do with this, one country is the richest in world while the is tagged as a developing country...I don't see the comparism.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Noblewealth(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
Bro leave story and follow the permanent job else hunger dey knock your door..
Re: Which Should I Choose? by MrSensor(m): 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
ensamy:
That's less than 100 USD a month shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Less than 4 USD/Day .
That's 79 USD a month. Less than 3 USD per day
Re: Which Should I Choose? by GodisFirst: 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
Go for the permanent job and grow with it. You can also get another permanent job with higher pay in future so don't waste your time with that extra 10k and afterwards you starve.

But in all, don't over trust the 30k permanent job because nothing is permanent again except change. so aim for something higher while on this 30k job.

Congratulations and I thank God for this your stepping stone to higher level.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
lelion:
My brother, none of is a job in real Sense. What did you study?
business admin @ yabatech
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Celsony: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
temmypotter:

I'm actually in disbelief.. who can explain? Like.. is their a different market things are cheap or it's the same market we all go to where 40k can't even take care of foodstuff

Omor, OP, best thing I can say to you is to join the tech industry (UI, UX front end, back end, data science etc etc) might not be easy, but for now .. tech is the easiest way to get out of poverty in Nigeria. The learning curve is steep but worth it at the end, I promise.. All the best!

I earn 28k sir, there are people out there that earn less. The country don cast, life no balance
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
Connected1:
First of all, ignore those people saying they can't do a minimum wage job because if you send them your CV or ask them for financial aid, they will not help you, they only care about themselves or sometimes their family.
Secondly, if the status of the 30k job is that of a contract staff and you are in a good department then they will surely make you a permanent staff and you will now be paid a salary and not wage anymore.
somehow you will fill up your fares with some overtimes or side jobs.
You can do your 60k jamb work and save at least 20k if the company that offers to pay you 30k doesn't have a good promotion record.
Lastly, you are the ultimate decision maker.
I respect you for being a good citizen and not indulging in fraudulent activities.
thank u sir
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Celsony: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
temmypotter:

Omor, OP, best thing I can say to you is to join the tech industry (UI, UX front end, back end, data science etc etc) might not be easy, but for now .. tech is the easiest way to get out of poverty in Nigeria. The learning curve is steep but worth it at the end, I promise.. All the best!

I earn 28k sir, there are people out there that earn less. The country don cast, life no balance, recently enroll for 8 weeks Web development class starting may 1 I no get functional lapeople sef

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Mom007(f): 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
I guess the permanent is better because its well, permanent... But try to stall them for a few days so that you get a little more change from your daily pay temp job. The money will help to keep you going until month end when you will receive your first salary. Wish you the best bro..
quote author=tophumble post=100757818]Permanent ooooo
One thing that I will want you to know is that the fact that they said the salary is 30,000 does not mean that is all you will get, some establishment will write only the basic salary in ur letter of appointment only for you to get there and discover that there are other allowances.

On the issue of N700 for transport, the moment you resume you will discover that there are other short route that will cost you less for transportation.

If you run your temporary job for one month, what do you intend to do afterwards.

my candid advise that you should opt for the permanent job and pray that things should get better.

#AllShallBeWell

Tophumble[/quote]
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Xiaomi1:
where are you
surulere, Lagos
Re: Which Should I Choose? by marwanafrica: 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
Xiaomi1:
where are you

Kaduna State, Sir.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by marwanafrica: 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
Heineken:
nawao. Just imagine. And our politicians dey amass and embezzle billions daily. E no fit good for this country

Na God face we dey look now ooh, i heard help comes from here too, i pray my helper should locate me soonest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Should I Choose? by lanre88(m): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
Wonder when Nigerians would learn, what a ridiculous amount in this present economy with rising and high inflation.

When we have better opportunity for everyone out there. Just 2 days ago, a civil servant made over 200k in just one day.

I pity some people, a word is enough... Live a good life today.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by mankind9(m): 2:00am On Apr 14, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

Thanks.

It's very very essential to train one's children how to make wise decisions in life. Imagine how confused someone can be in this simple situations. Which ever one you choose to serve you right.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 3:33am On Apr 14, 2021
My advice is to take up the supposed permanent job, take up programming skills like python (easiest one) and keeps updating your CV based on the skills you acquire over time. While on this permanent job, start applying for an IT role and I am pretty sure you will secure a job that will change your life for good. Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by doubleking(m): 6:15am On Apr 14, 2021
temmypotter:

Re: Which Should I Choose? by doubleking(m): 6:20am On Apr 14, 2021
30k is even better
How do the unemployed survive
How do people who are being owed salaries for months survive
And how do family who lost their jobs during this Corona
Majority of Nigerians are really suffering

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Investnownow: 8:09am On Apr 14, 2021
notoriousbabe:
The permanent sorrow is better than the temporary sorrow
This is crazy. The sorrow continues whichever way you choose to go. Lol.
What's your qualification?. I may be able to hook you up with something better.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 9:13am On Apr 14, 2021
Investnownow:

This is crazy. The sorrow continues whichever way you choose to go. Lol.
What's your qualification?. I may be able to hook you up with something better.
OND? Thanks
Re: Which Should I Choose? by BlissGod: 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
Focuw on the temporary job. Which one is 700 for tfair and on top of that no lunch. Don't fall for that. Continue searching for job.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:21am On Apr 15, 2021
[quote author=lekki1444 post=100759164] viv wee you keep kwayet dia. if i offer you 80k job you will jump on it like an olympic pole vault jumper angry[/quote)
Respectfully, Keep your spare change sir cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Jobberman ? / My Friend Took The 300k Work In Lagos / How To Check If You Have Been Shortlisted For Npower Batch C Stream 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.