Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist (25251 Views)

Buhari’s Wedding: Three Months Later, FFK Says Pantami Is His Friend / Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi / Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by chukswag(m): 11:31am On Apr 13, 2021
In the north, the few educated always debate on how an Islamic critic that led so many protests against western education and federal policies as anti-islamic. It happened during Jonathan's Era. He gained his popularity through that means. Buhari adopted him into his government cos they share the same ideals. Won't be surprised if FG is the sponsor of BH
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by ken6488(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2021
brainpulse:
This fake news can only come from the south east Okija Christians and their media sites that are always spewing propagandas every week against Nigeria.
Ipob terrorist organization will fail has the Lord liveth
God so kind it is from the USA
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 11:42am On Apr 13, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

Pantami cannot Be on the list of "wanted or most wanted". "Watchlist" is different from "wanted"

optionalY09:

he’s not yet wanted but on watch list

Charisma01:

Watchlist not wanted list

NaijaMutant:
There is a difference between being on the US terror watchlist and being on US wanted list

The previous report was about Sheik Isa Pantami being on the US terror watchlist.

Your fact check is on US wanted list.

When did Watchlist and Wanted list become the same ?

You are attempting to change the narrative to whatever that suits your bias.

@naptu, there is no fact in your fact check, but rather a deceptive and subjective narrative to distort facts.

Oh I missed this last one . You ahould have mentioned my username so that I would get the notification.

naptu2:

Wonderful! So show me the watchlist from a credible source. I've been looking for it since yesterday. Post it

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2021
seangy4konji:
This naptu2

I dont want to believe you are a jihadist like your boss cos you dont want it to rest...We know your boss is a jihadist and will eventually spend the rest of his life in Guantanamo bay when gotten by FBI....

So we are watching you....

Who gives a rat's ass whether you think I'm a jihadist or not and what nonsense does "we are watching you" mean?

I'm only interested in the views of people who have and can make common sense and so far you have not contributed any to the thread.

Can you show us the watchlist that has Pantami's name? Please post it here, we have been looking for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by optionalY09: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:
This ⬆⬆⬆ is the first article that answered the question that I asked yesterday.

This is not 1985. It was difficult to verify this kind of news item in 1985, but today all these agencies and people are online and verification is much easier. That's why I immediately went to the FBI's list of wanted terrorists when this story broke yesterday. There's no Pantami on the list. See for yourself. https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists

Now, if it was some top secret list that nobody had access to, do you think that Nigerian newspapers would have access to the information?

That's the other thing, how come the story only appeared on Nigerian news sites (most of them copied it from Daily Independent)? How come it's not on the BBC, CNN, etc?

This looks more like some kind of propaganda campaign.

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by ednut1(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2021
kponkedenge:
The truth is that Nigerians problem is too much.... Most news that grace the front page here are mostly negative about Nigeria.... And you think foreigners don't come here to see what's happening? Especially how most Nigerians speak bad about their country?

Remember when Dunlop and Micheline left Nigeria for Ghana.... Things weren't even as bad as it is now.... Now twitter has decided to situate its African headquarters in Ghana.... Truth be told, it's a slap on Nigeria.

But you can't really blame them.... Most times we open nairaland, it's about one bad news or the other..... Mostly insecurity.... Nobody wants to do business in fear.

I would have said hope our leaders can learn from this, but truth be told.... They really don't care.

We are just on our own for now.
google and Facebook are in Nigeria. Is Nigeria the only African country ni
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2021
BigBashiru:

Is Pantami his only name?? Have you searched his other names??

See, this is a very simple thing. Post the watchlist from a credible source. That's all that's required cest fini.

All these emotional outbursts, name calling and nonsense on this thread are completely meaningless. All that's required is to post the watchlist.

How hard can that be?

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2021
grin grin

You see, this thread should be a great opportunity for truth to be exposed.

It's not a platform for bigotry. You have not contributed anything to the thread if you post bigoted statements.

It's not a thread for insults. Those are completely meaningless.

Emotional outbursts add nothing to the thread.

Now, if you say that Isa Ali Pantami is on a US terrorist watchlist all you have to do is post the watchlist from a credible source and we'll all learn.

Anything else is absolute nonsense.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by AHCB: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2021
seangy4konji:
This naptu2

I dont want to believe you are a jihadist like your boss cos you dont want it to rest...We know your boss is a jihadist and will eventually spend the rest of his life in Guantanamo bay when gotten by FBI....

So we are watching you....
See this one! You of all people dey watch person. Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by AHCB: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2021
optionalY09:

how do you know he's on watchlist? Kindly provide proof he's on that so called watchlist.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Charisma01: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:
This ⬆⬆⬆ is the first article that answered the question that I asked yesterday.

This is not 1985. It was difficult to verify this kind of news item in 1985, but today all these agencies and people are online and verification is much easier. That's why I immediately went to the FBI's list of wanted terrorists when this story broke yesterday. There's no Pantami on the list. See for yourself. https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists

Now, if it was some top secret list that nobody had access to, do you think that Nigerian newspapers would have access to the information?

That's the other thing, how come the story only appeared on Nigerian news sites (most of them copied it from Daily Independent)? How come it's not on the BBC, CNN, etc?

Watchlist not wanted list
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by GreaterFuture3: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:

Wonderful! So show me the watchlist from a credible source. I've been looking for it since yesterday. Post it
Where you wan see watchlist?
That is private Stuff na
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by akeeng: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

So Pulse works for terrorists eh?

Recall that the post is not OP's words, it is Pulse words.

So you think that Pulse works for terrorists? I'm surprised.
They get paid to influence. Use your brain son
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

Where you wan see watchlist?
That is private Stuff na

naptu2:

So isn't it magical that only Daily Independent saw this watchlist and posted it? No CNN, BBC, etc. Daily Independent didn't even provide any proof of the existence of this watchlist (they wrote allegedly) and the US Embassy, CIA and FBI have said that he is not on the list.

Isn't that just wonderful and magical?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
emmyN:

The truth is Nigerians don't really care whether or not he is in the wanted list. This is just an opportunity for them to let out steam - the steam built from the suspicion that the Buhari-led government are chronic terrorist sympathizers, and rightly so.

Correct but the arrogant and preening Peacock you responded to will never realise that. Forget Pantami. Small fries in the grand scheme of things and what the future of Nigeria is inevitably likely to unravel as given what we now all know.

This is really about Nigerians, justifiably, losing confidence in a government that appears openly biased, ethnocentric, nepotistic and sectional.

It is not about a small betrayal of trust either. It is about very big failings of a government, now deemed deliberate by many, leading to the loss of livelihood and lives of many Nigerians in the south.

While Southerners cry for the adoption of solutions that can bring the mayhem to an end Northerners, like Pantami, only seem concerned about their own policies and agenda while disinterested in what are obviously good solutions being offered.

How, for example, is Tinubu's suggestions of more enrollment into our armed forces not a state of emergency priority considering that our police and army are seriously overwhelmed fighting insurgency on many fronts in Nigeria today on a level never seen before?

They can ignore those suggestions yet NIN is an obsession and EFCC bullying of Tinubu is a priority for a nation facing serious insecurity now leading many to demand the right to leave Nigeria.

OP and others are charlatans for not realizing the bigger issue which is that Southerners now distrust the leadership of Nigeria by Northerners who appear insincere and the very same sponsors of problems they pretend to be seeking solutions for.

We just thank God that Niger Delta militancy is behind us otherwise that would be another wahala for Nigeria to cope with currently.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by AMvanquish: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:

You are wasting your time putting up these facts. If you want to see the most gullible and biased set of Nigerians online, Log on to Nairaland.
Even with all this information online at their fingertips, they will still argue till infinity that white is black. They won't research for facts but just spit out rubbish to sound woke. You now wonder what is the use of being educated but thinking like a village illiterate or is it just pure undiluted hatred for a certain section of people in this country. Their brains are just for decoration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Maski87: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Whoever wrote this article probably thinks that Nigerians are fools,the FBI and CIA will never confirm publicly who or who is not on a watch list, a lot of Nigerians who don't even know it, but are on the no fly and watch list,because the have the ability to track your movements and listen to your conversation
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by GreaterFuture3: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:

I am not debating whether the news people (as well as Tiny) were wrong or right, they probably were wrong, and it's possible that they could be right too - this Nigeria and the person involved is not one we know personally - anything at all is very possible.

PS: are you a Muslim?
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

I am not debating whether the news people (as well as Tiny) were wrong or right, they probably were wrong, and it's possible that they could be right too - this Nigeria and the person involved is not one we know personally - anything at all is very possible.

PS: are you a Muslim?

How is that relevant to the topic of this thread??
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by GreaterFuture3: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:

How is that relevant to the topic of this thread??
Well the point has been made.
In My first original Comment (that you quoted/replied), I did not quote you because of wether the news was right or wrong, the point is that he is not on The wanted list, a watch list is a private thing and you cannot have that on a public site. It is something private and confidential within the organisation, so searching for that online this is fruitless.
If he is there or not, we will not know.
BBC and CNN cannot know who are those on the watchlist either, Atleast not 30% of the members of that list (and that is me being very generous)

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

Well the point has been made.
In My first original Comment (that you quoted) replied), I did not quote you because of wether the news was right or wrong, the point is that he is not on The wanted list, a watch list is a private thing and you cannot have that on a public site. It is something private and confidential within the organisation, so searching for that online this is fruitless.
If he is there or not, we will not know.
BBC and CNN cannot know who are those on the watchlist either, Atleast not 30% of the members of that list (and that is me being very generous)

Cool.

By the way, I worship Yemoja.
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by onuman: 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:

Read, reasearch, comprehend.

Firstly, Pantami is not the information minister. He is the minister of communications. He has a PhD in ICT and he was an ICT lecturer.

Secondly, none of what you posted shows that Pantami is on any terrorist watchlist. Can you show us the watchlist? We have been looking for it since yesterday

Listen Mr PhD in research, since northern political and religious leaders in the 12 far north states adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system in 2001, Boko Haram emerged after and says it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system, Fulani herdsmen from the far north started to be armed with AK-47 rifles in the south and Middle belt regions of Nigeria, bandits from the far north followed with violence;

we in the south of Nigeria knew what has been going on in the conspiracy at the highest places to Fulanize and Islamize the entire Nigeria.

So take your research to MURIC people.

A BBC female Reporter asked the harbinger of sharia criminal justice system, Sani Yerima, then governor of Zamfara state if he did not understand that his Sharia criminal justice system might break up Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by naptu2: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
onuman:

Listen Mr PhD in research, since northern political and religious leaders in the 12 far north states adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system in 2001, Boko Haram emerged after and says it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system, Fulani herdsmen from the far north started to be armed with AK-47 rifles in the south and Middle belt regions of Nigeria, bandits from the far north followed with violence;

we in the south of Nigeria knew what has been going on in the conspiracy at the highest places to Fulanize and Islamize the entire Nigeria.

So take your research to MURIC people.

A BBC female Reporter asked the harbinger of sharia criminal justice system, Sani Yerima, then governor of Zamfara state if he did not understand that his Sharia criminal justice system might break up Nigeria.

naptu2:
grin grin

You see, this thread should be a great opportunity for truth to be exposed.

It's not a platform for bigotry. You have not contributed anything to the thread if you post bigoted statements.

It's not a thread for insults. Those are completely meaningless.

Emotional outbursts add nothing to the thread.

Now, if you say that Isa Ali Pantami is on a US terrorist watchlist all you have to do is post the watchlist from a credible source and we'll all learn.

Anything else is absolute nonsense.
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nnannapat(m): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

So CIA is so foolish as to let its list be leaked to a Nigerian newspaper, not even a major Nigerian newspaper....not even to organisations like the BBC, or CNN....but just one Nigerian newspaper?

Oga, please , your desperation is making me laugh.
I never told you that CIA leaked the info to the said Nigerian newspaper.
I am non-partisan my dear. Desperation to think like a sane Nigerian is what is pushing me, if you care to know.
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by SANDAT(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lamasta:
Why is Sheaku 4 abi na 6 always mentioning his name in their videos am just curious to know
Because he has been a thorn in their flesh right from the time of their founder Muhammad Yusuf. He is a fierce critic of boko haram ideology and an open one . They have threatened to kill him for long.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by capitalzero: 11:32am On Apr 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
You're not making any sense...As long as you don't have evidence, your case is dead...

Whatyou have failed to do is put yourself in the shoe of the accused, how will you feel if someone alleges that you are an armed robber or kidnapper without evidence to back it up? And what if we all accept the allegation as truth as you are insinuating here? How will you feel? Will you sincerely believe justice has been served?

How would you feel if a criminal who harmed you is working free because there are no evidences against him in court?
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by patrickmuf(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
capitalzero:

How would you feel if a criminal who harmed you is working free because there are no evidences against him in court?
It is what it is...If not, everyone will lay allegations on those they hate with no evidence so to say...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Participates At APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off In Jos PIX / Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku / Lagos Gov’ship Election: Upload Results Immediately Voting Ends – Court To INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.