Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist (25278 Views)

Buhari’s Wedding: Three Months Later, FFK Says Pantami Is His Friend / Pantami Is My Friend, But He Can’t Be Defended - Farooq A. Kperogi / Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by seunmsg(m): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2021
Wilstino:

The news was not that he was a 'wanted terrorist' but places on 'watchlist'.

He may or may not be as retracted... but my point is that they two different things and this link doesn't answer the questions on people's mind.

Can you provide a link to the “watchlist” since you’re so sure it exist somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by patrickmuf(m): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2021
capitalzero:

You provided the list from FBI and I told you it is domain of cia because pantami is not us resident. Also watch list is different from wanted list. FBI even shows wanted list. No serious Intel will make watchlist public. It is only media that can dig that out.

BBC, CNN, AL Jazeera couldn't or have not dug it but rather a local outlet abi? Does it make sense to you?

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2021
capitalzero:

Watch list is not wanted list. Fact!!
Isa is on watch list . All sympathizers of terrorists are also on watch list. In wanted list, there are strong evidences for prosecution.

Okay, show us the watch list he is on? SHOW US THE LIST HE IS ON....since you are so confident he is on a list.

And please don't bring that crap about 'abscence of evidence'.....or 'secret lists'...show us the list he is on, or please keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Minjim: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2021
Imagine DSS and NIA don't pick their calls.

But CIA and FBI in US answer their calls.

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by BigBashiru: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:
This ⬆⬆⬆ is the first article that answered the question that I asked yesterday.

This is not 1985. It was difficult to verify this kind of news item in 1985, but today all these agencies and people are online and verification is much easier. That's why I immediately went to the FBI's list of wanted terrorists when this story broke yesterday. There's no Pantami on the list. See for yourself. https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists

Now, if it was some top secret list that nobody had access to, do you think that Nigerian newspapers would have access to the information?

That's the other thing, how come the story only appeared on Nigerian news sites (most of them copied it from Daily Independent)? How come it's not on the BBC, CNN, etc?

This looks more like some kind of propaganda campaign.

Is Pantami his only name?? Have you searched his other names??
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by adamumar522(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2021
I still can't fanthom the reason towards hatred to Northerners by our neighbours down South when ever anything north, Islam is pronounced. TOLERANCE has always been a big issue to us, why can't we accept the fact that after thorough investigation, he was never what he was said to be despite the Retraction from the publisher of the fake news. But southerners are hell bent on justifying fake news than thorough investigation, I weep for this country. Recent comments,news, hatred and embarrassing showings by Nigerians abroad is what is biting us. We are the number 1 users and influencers of Twitter in Africa but they decided to settle in Ghana because we always destroy what is ours. Recent happenings of killing of Northerners in South east (IMO) sums it all ( tolerance) while their people are protected and going about their businesses in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina etc without prejudice. The Konshisha killings were welcomed with fanfare by Christians but when it turned out they were that majority killed (10 Christians &1 Muslim) after a week, they changed the narrative from celebration to religious cleansing of christian faith followers. What we don't know is that we are doing our selves and bring down our country by our selves . We are the enemies of our selves, brothers and sisters and when we fail in all endeavors we blame someone who doesnt even know us. The earlier we change our mindset the better our situation will improve and change for good. Wish ur brother what u wish for yourselves, practice what u always advocate LOVE and remember no matter how hard u try to tanish the image of any innocent man, God will vindicate him irrespective of religion, tribe, nationality, color or any barrier, because that is the norms and custom of a FAIR GOD

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by emmyN(m): 9:45am On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:

Read now.

Provide any kind of evidence that he is on any list. Just one.

BBC, CNN, none of them reported any such thing. The US Embassy and other US agencies say the news is false, yet you and your "may or may not have been retracted" know better than them.

Hm

The truth is Nigerians don't really care whether or not he is on the wanted list. This is just an opportunity for them to let out steam - the steam built from the suspicion that the Buhari-led government are chronic terrorist sympathizers, and rightly so.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 13, 2021
Bluntemperor:

You are Patriotic bro.
Was he the one arguing in that Video or not?
Do you know any Boko-boko leader's venue, to sit down with him and argue it out?- where o !
Ministers, legislatures and Executives are subject to tax- payers for the money(, Salary) and Allowances they received is not theirs,yet we(Nigerians) are being fooled for daring to ask questions.Nonsense!

The said video dates from 2005-7, back when Boko was on no one's terror watchlist...government or American.

Boko took to violence and terrorism in 2009...before then they were just another fundametalist islamic group known in the Borno area.

Plus Pantami was arguing agaisnt their beliefs...does arguing against their beleiefs make one a Boko member? It is like saying that other cristians who argue with Jehovah witnesses agaisnt their beliefs are Jehovah witnesses themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 13, 2021
adamumar522:
I still can't fanthom the reason towards hatred to Northerners by our neighbours down South when ever anything north, Islam is pronounced. TOLERANCE has always been a big issue to us, why can't we accept the fact that after thorough investigation, he was never what he was said to be despite the Retraction from the publisher of the fake news. But southerners are hell bent on justifying fake news than thorough investigation, I weep for this country. Recent comments,news, hatred and embarrassing showings by Nigerians abroad is what is biting us. We are the number 1 users and influencers of Twitter in Africa but they decided to settle in Ghana because we always destroy what is ours. Recent happenings of killing of Northerners in South east (IMO) sums it all ( tolerance) while their people are protected and going about their businesses in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina etc without prejudice. The Konshisha killings were welcomed with fanfare by Christians but when it turned out they were that majority killed (10 Christians &1 Muslim) after a week, they changed the narrative from celebration to religious cleansing of christian faith followers. What we don't know is that we are doing our selves and bring down our country by our selves . We are the enemies of our selves, brothers and sisters and when we fail in all endeavors we blame someone who doesnt even know us. The earlier we change our mindset the better our situation will improve and change for good. Wish ur brother what u wish for yourselves, practice what u always advocate LOVE and remember no matter how hard u try to tanish the image of any innocent man, God will vindicate him irrespective of religion, tribe, nationality, color or any barrier, because that is the norms and custom of a FAIR GOD

Well, in the 1980's a lot of christians were attacked by Islamic fundamentalists up North...and these attacks continued into the 1990's.

Many of these christians are from the South, most don't forget.

Even as recently as 2001, and 2005...hundreds of innocent christans living in the North were attacked on the basis of their religion and sometimes tirbe.

And let's not forget the 2011 violence.

Note that as a christian I do not blame all muslims for the violence. I am citing these examples to show why many chrinstans are so bitter agaisnt muslims to belileve that a Islamic cleric who risked his life to oppose boko...is himself a bokoist. Bitterness warps the truth. As a christian myself, I have tried to eradicate bitterness from my life...and lord knows it is a hard battle.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by patrickmuf(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2021
capitalzero:

Do you know that non-availabilty of evidences do not prove an allegation wrong ?
That is the reason bad people evade justice. Many criminals are walking free because of law of evidence.
You're not making any sense...As long as you don't have evidence, your case is dead...

Whatyou have failed to do is put yourself in the shoe of the accused, how will you feel if someone alleges that you are an armed robber or kidnapper without evidence to back it up? And what if we all accept the allegation as truth as you are insinuating here? How will you feel? Will you sincerely believe justice has been served?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by kowalsky: 9:51am On Apr 13, 2021
Safyqueen:

Media islamophobia is worrying you. Check yourself well and see what Islam has given the world not Western media who are the mouthpiece of those that creates, anchor and sponsored those act of terrorism placed on the image of Islam.

Islam will still dominate the world whether you like it or not. Happy Ramadan.

At the risk of engaging what I suspect to be a troll, what has 'Islam' giving to the world?
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2021
@Nairalanders.

This OP needs to be investigated. Just discovered he even has a 'diary' thread here where he can say what he wants, even against other posters, and we are all prevented from responding on the thread. Check it out yourself . I will likely be banned but I dont give a fck.

https://www.nairaland.com/822196/it-begins-me

Below is what he wrote against me that led me to discover his privileged dairy. I tried to respond but saw the message "insufficient permission". Nairalanders need to be suspicious of this Cat .

Is this forum now hosting 'super members' able to do what they want?

Anyway I am not surprised as true democracy is alien to most Nigerians. We only know how to bastardize the term to suit our own private agenda.

Can anyone believe I cannot even quote or respond to what this guy writes about me below everyone gets to read? He basically has his own private character assassination and opinion-manipulating tool the rest of us are impotent to defend ourselves against. Reminds me of the conduct of Nigerian leaders- his likely paymasters.

https://www.nairaland.com/822196/it-begins-me/321#100731480

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2021
Oshigun:
@Nairalanders.

This OP needs to be investigated. Just discovered he even has a 'diary' thread here where he can say what he wants, even against other posters, and we are all prevented from responding on the thread. Check it out yourself . I will likely be banned but I dont give a fck.

So OP needs to be investigated because he posted an article that proves that Pantami is not a terrorist, or not on any terror watchlist?

You have no proof against his assertions, so you are engaging in a game of smearing the messenger.

Personally, I don';t like this APC government. But at the end of the day, if someone lies against a member of the government, it is just as wrong as the recent oppressive torture the CCT chairman put an innocent Nigerian through.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

So OP needs to be investigated because he posted an article that proves that Pantami is not a terrorist, or not on any terror watchlist?

You have no proof against his assertions, so you are engaging in a game of smearing the messenger.

Personally, I don';t like this APC government. But at the end of the day, if someone lies against a member of the government, it is just as wrong as the recent oppressive torture the CCT chairman put an innocent Nigerian through.

Are you okay at all? I just showed you that someone has a private diary thread here he can use to manipulate opinion and assassinate the character of other posters, who cannot respond to what he writes even if they want to, and you are replying to defend that person?

Where is your anger about the rights of all members here and the sacrosanct consideration we should all be equal in power and ability on this forum? Or are we practising Nigeria here too with some members having powers of President, Governors, Senators etal?

Even obvious who/what you are with how you chose a 'favourable' excerpt of my post to quote while ignoring substantive sections that indicts your hero or even you since it is possible you are the same person using different aliases.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Burruchaga71(m): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2021
Pantami is a terrorist, hooohaaa!!!
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2021
Oshigun:

Are you okay at all? I just showed you that someone has a private diary thread here he can use to manipulate opinion and assassinate the character of other posters, who cannot respond to what he writes even if they want to, and you are replying to defend that person?

And how many people read the Diaries section on Nairaland? I rarely go there myself...

Plus , you are accusing others of character assasination, yet persisting in your own character assasination of Pantami even when proven that he isn't , based on avaialable evidence, a terroist symphatiser or on any watchlist.

Where is your anger about the rights of all members here and the sacrosanct consideration we should all be equal in power and ability on this forum? Or are we practising Nigeria here too with some members having powers of President, Governors, Senators etal?

So because I do not align with your beleifs, therefore I am supporting injustice towards members on this site?

Chief, please, don't make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

And how many people read the Diaries section on Nairaland? I rarely go there myself...

Plus , you are accusing others of character assasination, yet persisting in your own character assasination of Pantami even when proven that he isn't , based on avaialable evidence, a terroist symphatiser or on any watchlist.

So because I do not align with your beleifs, therefore I am supporting injustice towards members on this site?

Chief, please, don't make me laugh.

Guy, you're a clown. Keep dancing around foolishly. I don't have time for you. I like straight talkers and stand up guys , who are never afraid to defend right and denounce wrong, even if they have views/opinion contrary to mine.

I don't have time for jokers who cannot simply stand up for what is right because of sectional bias or compromise.

Why should OP, or anyone for that matter, have their own private forum , within a forum, where they can write what they want about anyone with those who are maligned having no right to respond and speak up for themselves? Are you on some drug or something?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 13, 2021
Oshigun:

Guy, you're a clown. Keep dancing around foolishly. I don't have time for you. I like straight talkers and stand up guys , who are never afraid to defend right and denounce wrong, even if they have views/opinion contrary to mine.

I don't have time for jokers who cannot simply stand up for what is right because of sectional bias or compromise.

Okay.
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by adamumar522(m): 10:33am On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Well, in the 1980's a lot of christians were attacked by Islamic fundamentalists up North...and these attacks continued into the 1990's.

Many of these christians are from the South, most don't forget.

Even as recently as 2001, and 2005...hundreds of innocent christans living in the North were attacked on the basis of their religion and sometimes tirbe.

And let's not forget the 2011 violence.

Note that as a christian I do not blame all muslims for the violence. I am citing these examples to show why many chrinstans are so bitter agaisnt muslims to belileve that a Islamic cleric who risked his life to oppose boko...is himself a bokoist. Bitterness warps the truth. As a christian myself, I have tried to eradicate bitterness from my life...and lord knows it is a hard battle.
Iam happy for u as m happy for myself for eradicating bitterness but I dont know for others.
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by aminusabaru(m): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2021
Bluntemperor:

You are Patriotic bro.
Was he the one arguing in that Video or not?
Do you know any Boko-boko leader's venue, to sit down with him and argue it out?- where o !
Ministers, legislatures and Executives are subject to tax- payers for the money(, Salary) and Allowances they received is not theirs,yet we(Nigerians) are being fooled for daring to ask questions.Nonsense!

the video is too old,before even boko haram was created i can see. just educative arguement
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by youngreezy(m): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2021
adamumar522:
how many Christian terrorist you don see?and wetin be the meaning of jihad?
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Okay.

Abeg bounce. You saw your pal accuse me of being Omodua and I cannot even respond to that lie and defamation. Yet your Pantami is given the platform to do so.

Are you not a joke defending someone who can accuse others without proof yet same individual is now vociferously defending Pantami against unproven accusations?

You partisan clowns will always 'out' yourselves with your contradictory conduct. Naptu2 killing himself over what he claims is false allegations against Pantami is making flase allegations me that mods here can debunk since I have never posted on anyone else's IP address. You lot are just jokers.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2021
Oshigun:

Abeg bounce. You saw your pal accuse me of being Omodua and I cannot even respond to that.

Are you not a joke defending someone who can accuse others without proof yet same individual is now vociferously defending Pantami against unproven accusations?

You partisan clowns will always 'out' yourselves with your contradictory conduct. Naptu2 killing himself over what he claims is false allegations against Pantami is making flase allegations me that mods here can debunk since I have never posted on anyone else's IP address. You lot are just jokers.

Okay.

Thanks for also implying I am a joke too. I am grateful.

Do go on.
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by chrismastre5(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2021
descarado:

These people will never cease to amaze me.
I am yet to see people from the north do extensive research to defend any southerner but here,we are as usual,digging up post to defend them.
When will any of their learned ones defend people from the south?

Southern Nigeria is to Nigeria what Nigeria is to UK and USA.
No matter how high we climb, we still cower before the north.
U are very right but this OP is a Muslim, I have followed his arguments and analogies and can only confirm to you Authoritatively that he is a Muslim. I have lived among them for over 15 years now I can identify one by their a utterances and sense of reasoning
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2021
The fun part of this thread is how willing Nigerians are to believe lies....even when the truth stares them in the face.

One thing I will also say is this...in opposing evil, we must not let bitterness against that evil take us over.
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by seangy4konji: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2021
This naptu2

I dont want to believe you are a jihadist like your boss cos you dont want it to rest...We know your boss is a jihadist and will eventually spend the rest of his life in Guantanamo bay when gotten by FBI....

So we are watching you....
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2021
seangy4konji:
This naptu2

I dont want to believe you are a jihadist like your boss cos you dont want it to rest...We know your boss is a jihadist and will eventually spend the rest of his life in Guantanamo bay when gotten by FBI....

So we are watching you....

So, will you stop reading Pulse dot ng...since they are the ones who published the report Naptu2 put up?

Will you put them on your watchlist as well?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by GreaterFuture3: 11:14am On Apr 13, 2021
naptu2:
This ⬆⬆⬆ is the first article that answered the question that I asked yesterday.

This is not 1985. It was difficult to verify this kind of news item in 1985, but today all these agencies and people are online and verification is much easier. That's why I immediately went to the FBI's list of wanted terrorists when this story broke yesterday. There's no Pantami on the list. See for yourself. https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists

Now, if it was some top secret list that nobody had access to, do you think that Nigerian newspapers would have access to the information?

That's the other thing, how come the story only appeared on Nigerian news sites (most of them copied it from Daily Independent)? How come it's not on the BBC, CNN, etc?

This looks more like some kind of propaganda campaign.
Pantami cannot Be on the list of "wanted or most wanted". "Watchlist" is different from "wanted"
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Okay.

Thanks for also implying I am a joke too. I am grateful.

Do go on.

Apologies for any offence caused but point is that stand up for what is right always and you wont offend others fundamentally. Anyway, I think I have succeeded proving Naptu2 is a fraudulent character who has no principled commitment to pretensions he makes here. He is a paid hack and charlatan.

He tells us others should not be accused casually and without conclusive evidence yet have I not shown he is guilty of doing same?

I saw through him, and his obsession with defending Pantami, because I have come to realize, in all my travels worldwide, that Nigerians are masters of causing the problem only to be pretending to be part of the solution.

Let's continue watching. We will see what the whole NIN "no going back" urgency unravels to be about whereas simple and more urgent database registration of Fulani herdsmen operating in the South , that will expose foreign Fulani players overnight, is an impossibility for Pantami and the FG.

State policing and restructuring, both urgently needed, are no go areas but NIN or "jail time" is now the cornerstone of the PMB government being prosecuted mercilessly by Pantami. Have we not seen this sort of insincerity before where Nigeria is burning yet GEJ's obsessions was the election for the leadership of the Nigerian Governor's forum?

When Bala Mohammed justifies the right of herdsmen to carry AK47, with such being an illegality according to Nigerian firearms laws, is it crazy of me or other Southerner to assume he is a compromised and partisan leader?

If anyone accuses Bala Mohammed of being on a US terror watch list, with his history of defending the abuse of Nigerian firearm laws, should you then try to make Southerners the bad guys because they believe it is a possibility?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by ken6488(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2021
You guys don't know USA
A matter of time they release full evidence
Re: Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist by ken6488(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:
Thanks, oga naptu2

The sad thing is that many Nairalanders believed the fake news that Pantami was a terrorist largely because

1.Many of them don't like the APC government (I don't myself, but not to the point of hate)

2.Many of them are bigoted towards Northerners because 'sharing things stuff'.

It was wrong to call Pantami a terrorist. It is wrong to hate someone on the basis of his or her religion too.

And my saying this does not mean i 1) think that Islam does not have issues...the religion does 2) think that Buhari is a great leader...he is not, and I never ever voted for him.
our military is being being ambushed regularly , who link this informations

As far as I am consined every one from north east and north west are likely associated to terrorism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayu dares Wike: Nobody Will Sack Me As PDP Chairman / Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today / PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.