Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries (32194 Views)

Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? / BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price / BUA: No Increase In The Price Of Our Cement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by harjay1986: 9:50am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Which taxes? The one they refuse to pay? They ones they don't pay in other African countries? Which "overall cost of doing business"? They're almost getting limestones for free! Explain exactly how the cost of doing business in Nigeria is responsible for almost 5k per bag of cement! He sold cement for almost 2k under Jonathan.
Dangote is even trying to shift the blames to the traditional bogey man here, the "middle men", you are the one pushing a tired excuse of "cost of doing business"..
Don't know why every evil in this country must have a supporter...

Sir I know your frustration, but limestone, alone will not make a cement and beside many people,always shout dangote am not saying the man is right in everything but he is a human too

most of ingredients needed for making cement have to coming from other country

nobody talk about BOA cement .. ELEPHANT anD LARFAGE cement comparing their price to dangote the cement factory is not monopolize to some extent i just depend on the size of market you have

why do you think many one man business always fail because if the thing hit you and you dont have supportive plan naa to comit succide

Let ask whats the price for other brand of cement so that it will not be only Dangote we go dey bash

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tayeni(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Which taxes? The one they refuse to pay? They ones they don't pay in other African countries? Which "overall cost of doing business"? They're almost getting limestones for free! Explain exactly how the cost of doing business in Nigeria is responsible for almost 5k per bag of cement! He sold cement for almost 2k under Jonathan.
Dangote is even trying to shift the blames to the traditional bogey man here, the "middle men", you are the one pushing a tired excuse of "cost of doing business"..
Don't know why every evil in this country must have a supporter...
Agreed, price of cement was lower under Jonathan. But you will admit that the prices of everything has risen since then. How is It the sole fault of Dangote?

Let's not even go outside construction industry. Every other component has become more expensive. And in your opinion, Dangote should ignore his rising cost of production and just "dash" people cement.

Buddy, the cause of our inflation is the general ineptitude of those in Government in charge of the driver's of the economy not Business men.

Funny people criticize Dangote for expensive products the same way Innoson has been criticized for his expensive cars, bit we fail to connect the dots that; wetin affect Musa go affect Chima in this economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by PAWG(m): 9:51am On Apr 13, 2021
luvinhubby:

That is an absolute lie, Dangote cement sells for N4,000 currently, there is no where in this country it's been sold for even N3,500

Stop lying

Dangote cement doesn’t fix retail prices. I’ve always said it, the extended chain of delivery is responsible for this high price, as your retailers, they are the major problem.

Major builders prefer to buy directly from the factory and pay for delivery than patronize retailers because retailers are ripping people off

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by thesicilian: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Bought my first house in 2007,
Where you living in some quarters then? Mr Talkative
Yeah, yeah, we're all millionaires in dollars on social media.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tayeni(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2021
harjay1986:

Sir I know your frustration, but limestone, alone will not make a cement and beside many people,always shout dangote am not saying the man is right in everything but he is a human too

nobody talk about BOA cement .. ELEPHANT anD LARFAGE cement comparing their price to dangote the cement factory is not monopolize to some extent i just depend on the size of market you have

why do you think many one man business always fail because if the thing hit you and you dont have supportive plan naa to comit succide

Let ask whats the price for other brand of cement so that it will not be only Dangote we go dey bash
You don't even need to compare cement prices of different brands to know that these things are driven by inflation. Just take other building components(roofing sheets, nails, wood) and compare the trajectory of those prices with that of cement over the past 4 years.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by owobokiri(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2021
thesicilian:

Yeah, yeah, we're all millionaires in dollars on social media.
Never told you I'm a millionaire in dollars but I had to run my mouth since you told me to go and start a business... Everything I told you are facts!

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BabaIbo: 9:55am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

DCP said the cost out of factory is ₦2,500. Deal with middlemen and retailers if cement is sold at ₦4,000 in Owerri. It is ₦3,000 in Ondo state

Keep quiet joor, don't argue blindly.

Although Dangote and others don't fix the retail price but they are still the root problem. There is no way the difference between the plant price and retail price will be more than 500 to 1000.
If dangote and others fix their price at 1000 cement will sell for 1500 and not 3000 etc.
A check on cement stores close to you would have saved your from incessant display of ignorance.

Cement is sold for 4000 naira at the moment.

Source: Representatives of companies i.e major distributors to different companies.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 9:56am On Apr 13, 2021
harjay1986:

Stop defending rubbish abeg

The cement sold in Zambia is it exclusive of transportation cost as it's done in Nigeria

Does approaching the stock market to raise funds not equate that the co-financiers are the people.. Then the people are offloaded with the excess additional cost, get low Dividends and he keeps skyrocketing in finances... Use your sense

Cement is also 80-90% limestone. Do your so research on what cement really is before you comment on this issue oga
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Acidosis(m): 9:56am On Apr 13, 2021
If retailers in Owerri decide to sell a bag of cement to you at 5k and you still go ahead to blame Dangote for selling a bag at (out-of-factory price) of 2.5k, then something is obviously wrong with you.

Your criminal retailers at Owerri, Kano, Lagos, etc., are the problem, not Dangote.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Reference(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2021
luvinhubby:

That is an absolute lie, Dangote cement sells for N4,000 currently, there is no where in this country it's been sold for even N3,500

Stop lying

My big question to which no reasonable answer has been given is that if Dangote is deliberately gouging his cement prices why has his fierce production competitors in BUA and Lafarge not taken advantage of the situation for a run on market share. Why are they not selling at the sdo called "real prices'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by luvinhubby(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2021
PAWG:

Dangote cement doesn’t fix retail prices. I’ve always said it, the extended chain of delivery is responsible for this high price, as your retailers, they are the major problem.

Major builders prefer to buy directly from the factory and pay for delivery than patronize retailers because retailers are ripping people off

Considering how wide cement dealership is and the large number of competitors along the retail chain, nothing will increase the price by N1,500 if not that the factory price is hovering between N3,000 - N3,500.

Currently doing a project, the factory price for Dangote cement is currently N3,300 and you must buy through an accredited distributor and get delivered at an extra cost to your site.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Ajiswaggs(m): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2021
Bought Cement @ 3800 today

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2021
Tayeni:
You don't even need to compare cement prices of different brands to know that these things are driven by inflation. Just take other building components(roofing sheets, nails, wood) and compare the trajectory of those prices with that of cement over the past 4 years.

That's why high capital funds gauge and guard against sharp inflation... Aka stock market funds. When companies like Nestlé sell products at almost the same prices in five years are in the same. Country experiencing the same. Conditions doesn't it tell you that Greed is the factor pushing up prices and not natural inflation..

Should sharp spikes in prices that affect business occur in production, the financial Base should absorb some of the tension and not react to it at every twist and turn

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by fastseo: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

DCP said the cost out of factory is ₦2,500. Deal with middlemen and retailers if cement is sold at ₦4,000 in Owerri. It is ₦3,000 in Ondo state

It's 4000 in owerri as we speak

Maybe someone is short changing us here in the East. Because it breaks my heart to see that money used to purchase just 20 bags 5 months back can't be enough to purchase 10 bags again

This price increase has affected everything in the building sector.
Right now sand that sells for 13,000 per trip now sells for 25,000. This also affected price of rods as it has increased over 50%.
Labourers now demands 4500 to 5000 per day job

:\ so you shouting and shutting everyone down here from your keyboard, don't shout if your landlord increase your rent in few months to come

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 9:59am On Apr 13, 2021
luvinhubby:

Considering how wide cement dealership is and the large number of competitors along the retail chain, nothing will increase the price by N1,500 if not that the factory price is hovering between N3,000 - N3,500.

Currently doing a project, the factory price for Dangote cement is currently N3,300 and you must buy through an accredited distributor and get delivered at an extra cost to your site.

Thank you
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2021
The moral of this tread is simple.

Nigerians want price controls....except it is their business...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Trustedpronet: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2021
I bought a bag of cement N3700 in jahi area of abuja today.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by colossus91(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2021
thesicilian:
When you consider the overall cost of doing business in Nigeria, including taxes, logistics, raw materials, etc, you'll actually agree with what Dangote is saying.

You didnt factor the many tax holidays he enjoys,government favours,should I continue??
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by PAWG(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2021
luvinhubby:

Currently doing a project, the factory price for Dangote cement is currently N3,300 and you must buy through an accredited distributor and by get delivered at an extra cost to your site.

Bro search deeply, the price of cement in Abuja and Nnewi are not the same. Except you have proof that Dangote sells at variable prices selectively.

Search deeply, you’ll find a cement retailers union/cartel they’re responsible for the high price.

I said it before and I insist, Dangote isn’t the only seller of Cement in Nigeria, patronize others if you think his price is too high.

I URGE THE GOVERNMENT TO IMPOSE A LIMIT ON PROFIT MARGIN ON PRODUCTS IN DIFFERNT PARTS OF THE COUNTRY (for cost of transportation), MOST RETAILERS ARE EVIL.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Bobxin: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

What invoice?
I don't understand why you're dragging this for so long. Cement is currently sold at #4,000 in my state. You don't need an invoice to believe that. I can give you the phone numbers of cement dealers so you call and confirm. This is bullshit arguing this haba!

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by fastseo: 10:04am On Apr 13, 2021
PAWG:

I believe there is excess demand right now.
Let them open the border a little or allow other players to come in
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by mofedamijo(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2021
You blame Dangote, yet you're as guilty as Bleep.

Just yesterday on this forum, ladies were complaining that they couldn't get good clothes and mostly find skimpy clothes. A lady said the Okirika sellers are beginning to sale one top for 4,000 naira, yet you blame Dangote for selling cement for 3,000 or whatever the case may be.

Most Nigerians are hypocrites, when I was in Nigeria, i would do business with someone for lets say $1,000, then I will get to hear the person is selling same product for $1,600. I did not even make that much profit. Then we turn around and blame Dangote.

90% Nigerian business owners are worse than Dangote.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Bmaster(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2021
Can someone demand #20 bags of cement from the factory

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by proffemi: 10:07am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

This is patently untrue. Where in Ondo State is cement sold at ₦ 3000 ? Perhaps you're joking.
Abeg contribute honestly or not at all.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Bobxin: 10:07am On Apr 13, 2021
PAWG:

Bro search deeply, the price of cement in Abuja and Nnewi are not the same. Except you have proof that Dangote sells at variable prices selectively.

Search deeply, you’ll find a cement retailers union/cartel they’re responsible for the high price.

I said it before and I insist, Dangote isn’t the only seller of Cement in Nigeria, patronize others if you think his price is too high.

I URGE THE GOVERNMENT TO IMPOSE A LIMIT ON PROFIT MARGIN ON PRODUCTS IN DIFFERNT PARTS OF THE COUNTRY (for cost of transportation), MOST RETAILERS ARE EVIL.

I think the price of all cements are the same. Wether Dangote or BUA.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by PAWG(m): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2021
luvinhubby:

So you’re saying Dangote cement lied in the report?

Unionization of the channels of distribution is the reason consumers keep suffering and no one has our back. Consumer protection is dead
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by PAWG(m): 10:09am On Apr 13, 2021
Bobxin:

I think the price of all cements are the same. Wether Dangote or BUA.

Good, why then should Dangote be made the scapegoat for that?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Hamzashaf99(f): 10:09am On Apr 13, 2021
nwimo22:
I bought cement at N4,000 yesterday in Owerri
Then the blame should be on the retailers. Cement here is between 3000 to 3200

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Bobxin: 10:10am On Apr 13, 2021
Reference:

My big question to which no reasonable answer has been given is that if Dangote is deliberately gouging his cement prices why has his fierce production competitors in BUA and Lafarge not taken advantage of the situation for a run on market share. Why are they not selling at the sdo called "real prices'.

Good question.
The others sell at the same price jor.
I've never blamed Dangote for high price of cement, cuz every other cement company sell at the same price with Dangote and prices of other building materials have increased as well.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Cashio(m): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

You were lying with every single punches from your finger that cement is sold outrageously at the rate of ₦5,000. You turn around yelling it is sold at ₦4500 in the east. Where is your evidence? You are only asked to provide an invoice showing the rate but you can't submit any.

What raw material does DCP get absolutely free? Is limestone the only material needed for producing cement? And where is the evidence DCP gets limestone absolutely free as you suggested? Tax cut, cheap labor, limitless grants...you can cook all those bullshit from your bumbum. It's all riddle with lies unless you provide substantive evidence.

DCP has stated they produce and sell from the factory at the rate of ₦2,500. The middlemen and retailers are free to add their own expensive cost of logistic and transport, rent, labor, and profit to arrive at ₦3,000 which cement are sold at retail outlets.

No retail outlet sells cement at 3000 per bag now...it's 4k bro

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tayeni(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2021
BluDesk:

That's why high capital funds gauge and guard against sharp inflation... Aka stock market funds. When companies like Nestlé sell products at almost the same prices in five years are in the same. Country experiencing the same. Conditions doesn't it tell you that Greed is the factor pushing up prices and not natural inflation..

Should sharp spikes in prices that affect business occur in production, the financial Base should absorb some of the tension and not react to it at every twist and turn
Lol. " Financial base?". What I understand from what you wrote is that, stock market investors should bear the brunt by watching the value and returns from their stock suffer.

That apart. You will experience every bit of every bump in a risky and volatile economy my friend.
policy somersaults, Business killing policies, No infrastructure (you have to build yours from scratch) etc will make any business man negotiate those twists and turns like a formula one driver.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Bobxin: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

Then the blame should be on the retailers. Cement here is between 3000 to 3200

Which state?
That means the price is different in different States.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 / Man Facing Eviction Threat By Landlady Wins N20m Lottery (pic) / Innocent Chukwuma, Africa’s Automobile Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.