Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,640 members, 7,958,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries (32925 Views)

Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? / BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price / BUA: No Increase In The Price Of Our Cement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by mechanics(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2021
Kabongo1:
Where can I buy cement for 2500 in Nigeria Please?
hmmmm, that's factory price o.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by majamajic(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

DCP said the cost out of factory is ₦2,500. Deal with middlemen and retailers if cement is sold at ₦4,000 in Owerri. It is ₦3,000 in Ondo state

Anambra is 3500- 3900
Price went up based on demands
Demand in the east is high , and transportation distance from Depot
4000 in Owerri is possible during Xmas Anambra was up to 3900
Na last month e start to dey drop

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by owobokiri(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2021
thesicilian:

When you start your own business, you'd understand
I started running a very lucrative private business since 2004! Where were you then? Primary 3?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by fourboys: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2021
y
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by gfon(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

DCP said the cost out of factory is ₦2,500. Deal with middlemen and retailers if cement is sold at ₦4,000 in Owerri. It is ₦3,000 in Ondo state
cement is 3,800 over here

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Localordinary: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2021
Aliko Dangote is synonymous to Lai Muhammed.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

You were lying with every single punches from your finger that cement is sold outrageously at the rate of ₦5,000. You turn around yelling it is sold at ₦4500 in the east. Where is your evidence? You are only asked to provide an invoice showing the rate but you can't submit any.

What raw material does DCP get absolutely free? Is limestone the only material needed for producing cement? And where is the evidence DCP gets limestone absolutely free as you suggested? Tax cut, cheap labor, limitless grants...you can cook all those bullshit from your bumbum. It's all riddle with lies unless you provide substantive evidence.

DCP has stated they produce and sell from the factory at the rate of ₦2,500. The middlemen and retailers are free to add their own expensive cost of logistic and transport, rent, labor, and profit to arrive at ₦3,000 which cement are sold at retail outlets.

Cement is between 4300 and 4800 in the east.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by pickatyou1: 9:26am On Apr 13, 2021
Dangote don add lying to him list, he is learning from our nigerian politicians

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Emeralde: 9:26am On Apr 13, 2021
24 Hour Promo

Ecommerce Website

To be sold at 5k

Contact 0704.8346886
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by ebuclassic18(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2021
thesicilian:
When you consider the overall cost of doing business in Nigeria, including taxes, logistics, raw materials, etc, you'll actually agree with what Dangote is saying.

keep quiet abeg

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Oohhhh! We would have hold unto the lies you spew in beer parlours across the East that DCP produces their cement at zero cost, getting everything from raw materials to logistics and tax at absolute no cost or cheap.

DCP has stated that the factory cost of a bag of cement is ₦2,500 plus ₦300 for transporting it with 1200km radius. That is the total of ₦2,800 or ₦2,850. If you are buying it at ₦9,000 in your neighborhood, then you should question the middlemen and retailers in your neighborhood.

Middlemen and retailers hike the retail price to whatever considering the expenses they incur like store rent, security, labor, dues to the government, and others. Considering that DCP claims they haven't increase price of ex factory cost since December 2019, we have to look toward the retailers for the incessant increase of the price of cement within the country.

Late last year, a bag is sold at ₦3,500. And after the public outcry, it dropped to ₦3,000. It was sold around 2018 at ₦2600.

Thanks for the information. You make a lot of sense.

But this is Nigeria. Most Nigerians sadly are poor. And most Nigerians would be happy if government came and made milk sell at N10 per 500mg tin or swan water at N10 per bottle....without thinking about how labour, rent, etc etc ...cost of doing busienss are paid for.

And the fun part is many of the people arguing with you are working for industries like Dangote. If Dangote cut price of cement to N500 per bag, their pocket would be severely affected.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Duplexxx: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2021
Will you say your cement are expensive?

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by livebyday(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2021
Very poor post from the OP

Zero editing just garbage

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by thesicilian: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

I started running a very lucrative private business since 2004! Where were you then? Primary 3?
Attending to my patients at the hospital, Mr. Entrepreneur.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by RapistOnBail: 9:33am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

Cement is sold for 3800 in Abuja. No lies here.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by owobokiri(m): 9:35am On Apr 13, 2021
thesicilian:

Attending to my patients at the hospital, Mr. Entrepreneur.
Bought my first house in 2007,
Where you living in some quarters then? Mr Talkative

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by owobokiri(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2021
angry angry angry
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tayeni(m): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2021
Xdesign79:
This what happen when govt would not control the price of commodity in the country....everybody does what they like...its so sad.
Judging from what you just said, I can bet my last dime that you have never run any form of business in your life.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Geeboy10(m): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2021
My question is, does Dangote determine d price of Lafarge Cement and BUA Cement? If we can't buy Dangote Cement, can't we try others too?
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by GeneralPula: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2021
2,500 factory price isn’t bad tbh..

I knew Dangote wasn’t the problem as people are attaching him to be..

Nnamdi said Dangote is part of Nigeria problem, ask him how, he will be foaming... Is Dangote the reason why south East is a total write off!

One dumbo said he bought cement for 4K in Owerri...How’s that suppose to be Dangotes problem?

Dangote will sell to retailers at Factory price, it’s retailers that will re-set their prices.

So if retailers in south east have added more than profit, then it because the people of south east are billionaires..

4 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by o2naira(m): 9:39am On Apr 13, 2021
I want to ask this question why is it that in nigeria things that are imported into nigeria is always cheaper than what we produce?

4 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Reference(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2021
Kabongo1:
Where can I buy cement for 2500 in Nigeria Please?

Read again. The factory they said.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2021
[quote author=Kabongo1 post=100747808]Where can I buy cement for 2500 in Nigeria Please?[/quo
Blame greedy Nigeria
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by chrisxxx(m): 9:41am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Don't have the interest to go back and forth with a "monument to mischief" like you...
Cement prices in Nigeria is a very topical issue which a whole lot of families are grappling with. This is a country where individuals more else carter for their housing needs. You can play to the gallery, but facts are facts. And facts are that Dangote was caught selling cement in other African countries with logistical challenges worse than Nigerias.., half the cost he sells in Nigeria! That's where the rub is. You can't spin that one..., hard as you try. I told you that cement was sold in this country for almost 5k! I stand by that because I know when it sold around 4.5k in certain areas in the east. You can now keep entertaining yourself on this thread for stipends, it doesn't change the fact that Dangote your paymaster has the Nigerian economy on a chokehold and must be stopped!
Bros u dont need to argue with anyone. Cement costs more in Nigeria than Ghana and Zambia. Here Dangote runs a near monopoly. This is not the case in Ghana and Zambia. There is competition there.
Cement requires to be sold even cheaper here considering the advantage of our population. What happens to ROR? What is the benefit of mass production to the consumers? It is quite unfortunate here. Like I aid somewhere if it is cheaper producing in Ghana , Dangote should produce there and export to Nigeria. That is comparative cost advantage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by jaxxy(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2021
So dollars rate and middle man is the excuse?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by ifexfree24: 9:43am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

You were lying with every single punches from your finger that cement is sold outrageously at the rate of ₦5,000. You turn around yelling it is sold at ₦4500 in the east. Where is your evidence? You are only asked to provide an invoice showing the rate but you can't submit any.

What raw material does DCP get absolutely free? Is limestone the only material needed for producing cement? And where is the evidence DCP gets limestone absolutely free as you suggested? Tax cut, cheap labor, limitless grants...you can cook all those bullshit from your bumbum. It's all riddle with lies unless you provide substantive evidence.

DCP has stated they produce and sell from the factory at the rate of ₦2,500. The middlemen and retailers are free to add their own expensive cost of logistic and transport, rent, labor, and profit to arrive at ₦3,000 which cement are sold at retail outlets.

you sound like a paid defender. please if you don't know what to say about this topic or you do not have an in-depth knowledge of it, please just skip and say nothing ok.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Reference(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2021
thesicilian:
When you consider the overall cost of doing business in Nigeria, including taxes, logistics, raw materials, etc, you'll actually agree with what Dangote is saying.

And the fact that due to poverty there are many more mouths to feed between factory and corner shop. In an inflated economy vultures gather around the few goods available.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by luvinhubby(m): 9:45am On Apr 13, 2021
Bloody lies

Dangote cement sells for N3,500 in Nigeria
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 9:46am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Don't have the interest to go back and forth with a "monument to mischief" like you...
Cement prices in Nigeria is a very topical issue which a whole lot of families are grappling with. This is a country where individuals more else carter for their housing needs. You can play to the gallery, but facts are facts. And facts are that Dangote was caught selling cement in other African countries with logistical challenges worse than Nigerias.., half the cost he sells in Nigeria! That's where the rub is. You can't spin that one..., hard as you try. I told you that cement was sold in this country for almost 5k! I stand by that because I know when it sold around 4.5k in certain areas in the east. You can now keep entertaining yourself on this thread for stipends, it doesn't change the fact that Dangote your paymaster has the Nigerian economy on a chokehold and must be stopped!

I studied how you intelligently discussed so it forced me to login to say thumbs up

The problem with our society is people who don't have holistic knowledge of things trying to discuss on issues that are beyond their scope of knowledge as with those guys arguinging with you.

There's a critical factor I keep mentioning when it comes to Dangote which is paripersu significant in the cement production

Dangote approaches the stockmarket every now and then to raise funds to expand or consolidate his financial resources. Aren't these funds meant to act as " buoy " to gauge against fluctuations being mentioned in FX, transportation and act as an absorber so prices are not subjected to spikes whilst maintaining productivity?

If these entities arguing for Dangote understand the financial resources value in the stock exchange market in the productive chain of these enterprises, I believe they should keep shut

Cement shouldn't be more than 2500 retail value. Limestone is purely 80% sand. Additives do not form the significant part of these products

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by luvinhubby(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

That is an absolute lie, Dangote cement sells for N4,000 currently, there is no where in this country it's been sold for even N3,500

Stop lying

4 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by PAWG(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2021
Leave Dangote cement alone, they’re doing the best they can, patronize other cement manufacturers if you think theirs is too expensive.

Quit demonizing the company

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Tweet Between FCMB Bank And The Nigerian Snake (photos) / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account / Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.