Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW (6375 Views)

Power Generation Falls By 503MW, Workers Threaten Strike / Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand / Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by DesignAndBuild: 11:42am On Apr 13, 2021
blinking001:

G

This guy is paid and he's doing his paid labor on this thread. I'll pay him no further heed
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by taiwoowiat: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2021
Nigeria my country

We are into Power Planning, Power Generators (Diesel and Gas Generators up to 2MW) and Equipment Maintenance.

We are facility maintenance company who deal with Generators Maintenance, Power Planning, Installation of Power Equipment such as solar systems, rectifiers etc.

We also Install and Maintain Air conditioners, Chillers, Fridge and Friezer

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details of our capability.

WhatsApp/Call 0.8.0.66.98.26.26

Thank you
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by BigBashiru: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2021
saajus:
What is wrong with us? South Africa, a population of 58million people generates 58k MW.

There was a country.

There's nothing wrong with Africans....Africans are an excellent people unfortunate to have perpetually bad leadership.....

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by loswhite(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2021
blinking001:
This is fake news. Nigerians are already showing appreciation for the constant light they enjoy now thanks to president Buhari led administration. Pdp destroyed Nigeria for good 16 years. It takes time to clean up that massive mess. We all need to be patient with President Buhari. Slow and steady wins the race.
Goat
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by oloriooko(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2021
This must be a joke i think?
blinking001:
This is fake news. Nigerians are already showing appreciation for the constant light they enjoy now thanks to president Buhari led administration. Pdp destroyed Nigeria for good 16 years. It takes time to clean up that massive mess. We all need to be patient with President Buhari. Slow and steady wins the race.
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by ceeceeuwa: 11:48am On Apr 13, 2021
I see no future in this nation! God help me to relocate my children to a sanner clime.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by kingsleefolli(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2021
Oga moderator please open a new site for nigeria news,full of jagons news.am not here to continuously reading unchangeable naija news.data is not free ooooo.my data is to look for my immediate solution.abeg.next please.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by mmsen: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2021
EndNigeriaNoww:
failed country. I remember in 2015 when APC was coming in, fasola and Lai Muhammad were saying that when they come in, there will be constant light. Nigerians are you not tired of this failed country. Nothing good can come out of this country. The country is dead. Support the secession movement now. Let's have our nations. Oduduwa and Biafra will be the top 3 best countries in Africa, if not the first and second.

Do this for the sake of your people, you future kids and the coming generation. Forget about greed and put others first.

#ReferendumNow

They won't be first or second anything besides fraud and corruption.

You people talk too much.
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2021
saajus:
What is wrong with us? South Africa, a population of 58million people generates 58k MW.

There was a country.

1.Because South Africa has an electricity company who is allowed to charge for power at a level that enables it to make a profit easily

Here in Nigeria, until recently we were paying N20-30 per kwh for something that costs N53 per kwh to manufacture. It is just six months ago that they increased prices to N53 per kwh.

2.Also, South Africa does not allow illegal connncections, and people using power without paing for it. Nigeria does...too liberally.

3.South Africa generates 15 k MW of power by nuclear....which Nigerians are afraid of.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by NOwazobia: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2021
Lies can only last too long. And the truth will eventually sit eternity.
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by od501: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2021
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/power-generation-falls-further-by-27-to-3567mw/

When Buhari finishes with all of us, you won't even see data to enter NL. Some youths must geh sense by force! Sai baba!

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Omooba77: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2021
BigBashiru:

Just call China the new colonial masters to fix it up for you since the black man is too useless to consistently have any system function. Even their president dey go UK for treatment because he doesn't believe treatment in an African hospital will be the best.

Yet some funny folks will be here, posting fake achievements up and down......Tariff is now N59/kwh
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by samwheel(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2021
femifemi1:

Imagine a population of over 200million, managing a meagre 3,567MW of electricity. To do what?

And there's a policy for the rich by these DISCOs, that if you can pay more you get more...

Now what's left for the majority populace?

Probably nothing....

And some brainless dude are still shouting APC or PDP. Who cursed you, Oh Nigerian youths.

I tire o.
See some bastards attacking and insulting my generation yesterday on dis platform because of Tinubu.
Funny part, I'm a Yoruba guy, it doesn't mean I should be foolish because Tinubu is also a Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Omooba77: 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

1.Because South Africa has an electricity company who is allowed to charge for power at a level that enables it to make a profit easily

Here in Nigeria, until recently we were paying N20-30 per kwh for something that costs N53 per kwh to manufacture. It is just six months ago that they increased prices to N53 per kwh.

2.Also, South Africa does not allow illegal connncections, and people using power without paing for it. Nigeria does...too liberally.

3.South Africa generates 15 k MW of power by nuclear....which Nigerians are afraid of.

At your age sir, you should be sensible to defend. Do you know majority of people are on estimated billings? Discos are just milking us!
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by LZAA: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

1.True
2.biggest load of claptrap i have ever heard.
3.would you trust a nation that struggles with gas production with nuclear?
QED
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by BigBashiru: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
ceeceeuwa:
I see no future in this nation! God help me to relocate my children to a sanner clime.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by blinking001(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
DesignAndBuild:

This guy is paid and he's doing his paid labor on this thread. I'll pay him no further heed
Anybody that supports the Nigerian state is a paid zombie. Una no the tire? grin
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Jayphresh(m): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
As much you're entitled to your opinion, I’m struggling so hard to ask you to shove it but...✌️E go be!
blinking001:
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by BigBashiru: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
samwheel:

I tire o.
See some bastards attacking and insulting my generation yesterday on dis platform because of Tinubu.
Funny part, I'm a Yoruba guy, it doesn't mean I should be foolish because Tinubu is also a Yoruba.

Tinubu has drug trafficking allegations.
Said shooting at lekki protesters was okay according to media reports....
Said 50m should be recruited into army.
Loots from Lagos state treasury allegedly

Yet there's already strong Tinubu support groups and the way ppl will be clamouring for the guy you sef go dey wonder...

Just sameway they clamoured for and voted en masse for Buhari is the same way they will clamour and vote en masse for Tinubu....

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by ShootThemAll(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sai! Buhari!!! 4+4. A man of integrity!!!

#BunchOfTerrorists
#EndNigeriaNowToSaveLives
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Omooba77:

At your age sir, you should be sensible to defend. Do you know majority of people are on estimated billings? Discos are just milking us!

Well, there is a report done by Price waterhouse coopers on the power sector in Nigeria....which stated that one of the main problems with power in Nigeria is tarrifs that are not cost-reflective...even the estimated ones.

So, DISCOS cannot make a profit...and until recently, were selling power below the price that it cost to make.

(Also, please do not use a patronizing tone with me. I respect you as an aged naralander, bt your comment At your age sir was very very annoying and patornizing and rude. I won't do that to you...and I expect better from you. Thank you)

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
LZAA:

1.True
2.biggest load of claptrap i have ever heard.
3.would you trust a nation that struggles with gas production with nuclear?
QED

2. According to the Price waterhouse coopers report on power in Nigeria in 2018,. about 40% of Nigerians don't pay for the power they use. This has an effect on the amount of money that power companies can raise.

The same does not happen in South Africa.

3.India is a nation full of illiterates, and very poor people that make Nigeria's poor rich..and they have nuclear power. So why can't we...we are not dull, and just because we are Nigerians does not mean we cannot manage nuclear power...especially as Niger our notrhern neighbour is building a nuclear plant.

At some point, we have to upgrade. We struggle with power...yet, that does not stop us from using electrical appliances....small and large.
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by BigBashiru: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Well, there is a report done by Price waterhouse coopers on the power sector in Nigeria....which stated that one of the main problems with power in Nigeria is tarrifs that are not cost-reflective...even the estimated ones.

So, DISCOS cannot make a profit...and until recently, were selling power below the price that it cost to make.

(Also, please do not use a patronizing tone with me. I respect you as an aged naralander, bt your comment At your age sir was very very annoying and patornizing and rude. I won't do that to you...and I expect better from you. Thank you)

Utter rubbish. At the current tariff rate, the energy rate in Nigeria is double the rate in Ontario and yet the average income in Nigeria is less than $15000 (Ontario median $48000) with millions of Nigerians living under $1 per day
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by BigBashiru: 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

2. According to the Price waterhouse coopers report on power in Nigeria in 2018,. about 40% of Nigerians don't pay for the power they use. This has an effect on the amount of money that power companies can raise.

3.India is a nation full of illiterates, and very poor people that make Nigeria's poor rich..and they have nuclear power. So why can't we...we are not dull, and just because we are Nigerians does not mean we cannot manage nuclear power...especially as Niger our notrhern neighbour is building a nuclear plant.

At some point, we have to upgrade. We struggle with power...yet, that does not stop us from using electrical appliances....small and large.

The black man cannot build nuclear without help of china india Europe or other foreigners Just the same way China is building rail for Nigeris
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by ogododo: 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
blinking001:

Amen o. You are indeed a patriotic soldier of Nigeria. They and their families shall never know peace Amen. The sun shall burn them by day and the moon shall smite them by night. They shall never know peace.

But una dey lie sey light dey for your area.
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by ogododo: 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
BigBashiru:

Tinubu has drug trafficking allegations.
Said shooting at lekki protesters was okay according to media reports....
Said 50m should be recruited into army.
Loots from Lagos state treasury allegedly

Yet there's already strong Tinubu support groups and the way ppl will be clamouring for the guy you sef go dey wonder...

Just sameway they clamoured for and voted en masse for Buhari is the same way they will clamour and vote en masse for Tinubu....
Dem were born to suffer. grin grin
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by SocialJustice: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
samwheel:
grin

D country is cursed. D masses are just victims
The masses are victims of their stupidity. Every smart person is leaving the country. Even people with well paying jobs are leaving. Have you noticed Nigerian cards have stopped working on foreign websites? Even the expensive black dollar cards no longer work.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Omooba77: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Your rejoinder highly appreciated. Price waterhouse only did what it was paid to do. Did they carried out ALL the various accounts people were paying into? No further comment. Sorry if you are offended.
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by Bluntemperor: 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Salem69:
This inconsistent power attitude is making us lose jobs and investment

For a Nation that can't guarantee 24/7 lights,then don't dream of INDUSTRIALIZATION at all!
- Dubai is a desert turned to land of milk
-.The People there sat down to decide what will generate good job, good investments,command a Global respects, guarantee Future Sustainability for her Citizens and today they are mounting the Moon and Space capability.
They can't do these things without lights.
People like Fashola failed to tell Nigerians truth-for when he was there for 4-Years,he was saying' the Current Disco and Genco arrangement should stand.Instead of serious sanctions on the vicious greedy Companies,he was supporting them.
Both ty PDP and APC are wicked.The earlier Nigerians know these,the better!
Re: Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW by LZAA: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

If you are comparing india,a member of BRICS with a courrpt ridden country like nigeria then in the same vein praising south africa then i really don't know what to say

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State / 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia / Pictures From SNG's Town Hall Meeting In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.