Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others (42030 Views)

Why We Chose To Become Nigerians – Foreigners / Reno Omokri Compares Nigeria To Ghana Over Abduction / Reason Why We Chose Abba As PDP Governorship Candidate In Kano (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by seyz91(m): 9:19am On Apr 14, 2021
abioo

i wonder why he replied sef undecided
donbachi:
U dont owe nigeria any explanations.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by Chidywhite: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2021
All under BUHARI.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by Litmus: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2021
Would you as a Nigerian be comfortable if all foreign countries invested in Nigeria alone? I wouldnt and I’m sure Nigerians generally do not mind Twitter setting up shop in Ghana. Good luck to them. I believe those making mileage of this are those using it as part of their party political point-scoring. In addition, some Ghanaians are exploiting this in order to highlight Ghana and make Ghana more attractive to foreign investment, which the politically motivated Nigerians are inadvertently facilitating by continually trending this.

My only concern and that which I believe Nigerians need concern themselves - in the form of boycotts if possible- are situations whereby foreign entities establish business in neighbouring nations in order to exploit the Nigerian market. Be it schools, universities, airlines, cereals mills and whatnot, Nigerians need to boycott those. We shouldn’t be supporting situations that deprive Nigerians of jobs and definitely shouldn’t be supporting the foreign agenda which seeks to undermine the potential of Nigeria by creating jobs in foreign African nations they can more easily control in order to deprive Nigeria of brilliant people. For instance, they would like to kill the nascent Nigerian IT industry.

Incidentally, many of us that were against or concerned about the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) warned that foreign nations would set up in foreign nations and flood Nigeria with goods and services detrimental to the equivalent local Nigerian brands. While Nigeria doesn’t have an endangerable local twitter equivalent, the principal is same.

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2021
Basic123:

All these gibberish because GEJ lost power grin
Wailing wailer
Where did anyone mention Jonathan here? Prove my points wrong otherwise get lost.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by Antoeni(m): 9:23am On Apr 14, 2021
In a statement announcing the decision, Twitter described Ghana "as a champion for democracy, a supporter of free speech, online freedom, and the Open Internet."
PMB & Lie Muhammad, hope you hear?
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by mystery22: 9:25am On Apr 14, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Save your bitter, hateful and rancid ipob breath, I'm immune to hateful ipob rubbish.

grin grin
And you are still replying? futa jalon migrants self
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by Basic123: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2021
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Where did anyone mention Jonathan here? Prove my points wrong otherwise get lost.
And is topic all about the gibberish you are spitting

You just bloody pained wailersgrin
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2021
plaindealer:
Why do you think FB which is almost 100 times larger than little Twitter picked Nigerian instead of Ghana?

Why did Google which is 12 times larger than little Twitter picked Nigeria instead of Ghana?

Our TECH sector in Nigeria generated more global investment so far this year than the whole of Last, more than the whole of Ghana and their Twitter office can dream of.

Obviously, little Twitter doesn't want to compete with their BIG TECH elders in Nigeria so they settled for little Ghana, Ghana can keep small twitter, we have the big players in Nigeria.

grin grin

I like ur insights. Tiktok will be next for Nigeria, but that will be when buhari is dead gone
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by jaxxy(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2021
plaindealer:

Ghana can keep that tinny little twitter.

God Bless Facebook.

God Bless Nigeria.

grin grin

It’s about free speech. Twitter is more active than Facebook on free speech and international and political discuss. Facebook is for family and friends app.

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by JohnBullMySon: 9:38am On Apr 14, 2021
plaindealer:

Look at our boys dominating everywhere?

lol @ 1 kobo Twitter ghost office in Ghana.

You people are not serious..

grin grin grin

Anything Nigeria dominates in is just due to sheer population size. It's not as if we are better than Ghana in terms of governance. Their reason is very genuine, so stop defending nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by Tangana: 9:40am On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=plaindealer post=100768838]

Were you concerned when FC decided to open an office in Nigeria?

Did you cry, moan and yell on behalf of Ghana?

Were you concerned when google opened their first developer office space in Africa right here in Lagos Nigeria?

Did you cry, moan and yell on behalf of Ghana?

Why should we be concerned over small Twitter opening common empty office in Ghana especially when at the end of the day, Nigeria is still going to be the sole beneficiary?

You people are not serious, you hate your own country so much that you think countries that are below you are actually above you when in fact they are not.

Sad effects of low self-esteem.

I like the way you think and talk
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by solidmyk(m): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2021
Better people Dem know say any protest for happen and government go take them responsible grin
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by jaxxy(m): 9:42am On Apr 14, 2021
plaindealer:

The year is not even halfway yet, but we've secured more TECH investment than the whole of last year.

Tech Investors are rushing to Nigeria with their investments, but according to you, Nigeria is not investor-friendly.

grin grin

They said ure not the champions of democracy, free speech and online freedoms. Are u not worried?

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2021
Basic123:

And is topic all about the gibberish you are spitting

You just bloody pained wailersgrin
It has everything to do with my points but since you are an irrational zombie how would you see it? This is the last time you will get a reply from me since you reason like a kindergarten kid.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by LZAA: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2021
imhotep:

Thebosstrevor1 is still there singing songs to Sai Dullardism.

Cc helinues
grin grin grin
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by bolacode: 9:53am On Apr 14, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Not interested in any ipob troll rubbish at the moment.
someone just pointed out your ignorance, with facts, and u tag him ipob!
u keep celebrating mediocrity in the name of loyalty

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by pacespot(m): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2021
Not surprised by their reason. Liar mohamed and his cronies nearly pursued the fraudulent social media bill to shut down Twitter from Nigeria's cyber space.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by ubongdom: 10:01am On Apr 14, 2021
This should be a blow to Nigerian Government. Instead of our leaders to focus on strengthening our Democracy and build a better economic, they are busy fighting the people who criticise poor leadership and then term it hate speech. We can never get it right if we are not opened to criticism.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by sanpapi(m): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2021
Godblessbiafraa:
Congrats GH
Next Is Biafra
keep on tripping
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by icedbreez(m): 10:06am On Apr 14, 2021
Don't come looking for our money.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by JaceBlaze: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Imagine creating thread after thread of this none issue...Nigerians... I don't understand this country

They feel entitled for a country with a dented image.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by rummmy: 10:24am On Apr 14, 2021
Congratulations to Ghana ,a well organized African giant.....

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by erayo2GCA(m): 10:40am On Apr 14, 2021
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by bighorlus(m): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2021
Beremx:
you are jubilating about the larger percentage of users of Facebook against Twitter. You should be more concerned about their reasons for opening office in Ghana. Who cares about the population of users?
EndSars became worldwide success because of Twitter and not Facebook.

Obviously twitter understands the Nigerian government is not happy with it's involvement in endsars and for now has nothing on them. But opening up their office in nigeria will only give Nigerian government the power it needs to deal with twitter in the future.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by onuman: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2021
obo389:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/454888-why-we-chose-ghana-over-nigeria-others-twitter.html.

Nigeria led by Fulani is rather making a law to reduce Twitter use as the country is targeting to imprison it’s citizens for merely criticizing Gen Buhari.

Buhari is leading Nigeria many years backward. Buhari gathers political strength from the skewed political structure of Nigeria created by northern soldiers who proliferated too many number of states and ensuing political constituencies in Buhari’s Arewa north of Nigeria.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by BlackFlamefromP: 11:09am On Apr 14, 2021
I guess you need the crying more than me bro.

To begin with, I don't even give a damn about where any foreign organization choose to establish their headquarters if they feel that's the best place for their business. So, I think all the noise about twitter's choice of headquarters amounts to making mountain out of molehill.

I also believe it's twitter that's losing anyway as Nigerians are the most talented, creative, hardworking and ambitious people in Africa and these are qualities that could take twitter to even greater heights.

Lastly, I am more interested in Africa becoming a center of technological innovations instead of waiting for foreign tech giants to come to us.

I prefer Nigerians to create a platform that can compete successfully with twitter rather than imagining that they are being snubbed by twitter.

Wizzzzmike:

Cry more lol
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by NikAustine: 11:12am On Apr 14, 2021
plaindealer:

Ghana can keep that tinny little twitter.

God Bless Facebook.

God Bless Nigeria.

grin grin
Your foolishness is top class. without Equal. so will it be bad if we had both FB and Twitter?
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by kokomilala(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2021
If not for irresponsibility of government,I would have proffered a retaliatory move.Proscribe or prevent them from accessing Nigeria as its hub.
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by NikAustine: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2021
This idiot Plaindealer is a paid Urchin working for the APCheat Govt.

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by NikAustine: 11:19am On Apr 14, 2021
justtoodark:

una will be busy buiding up your image after you helped to bring it low....all because you dont like buhari....

the same people that didnt wanted to give you weapons to fight back boko haram you are helpin to bring you low....

cownunu that is threatning people from their nations,they still didnt arrested but you are clappin for them....
amnesia international dont even bother to talk against boko but is accusin nigeria that is fightin back,una dey clapp for....

una mumu is something else....
Shut the fck up. what nonsense are you spewing.
Now that they have started giving you weapons to fight..are your soldiers not still being killed like chicken?
Re: Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others by Enyimbamercedes: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2021
Twitter, no need to explain.

We already know why!!!

We have Crowwe headquarters here already and it will be tough for Twitter to compete with it so you went to Ghana.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) / 2023 #GEJisComing: Jonathan Is Running For Presidency Under APC - Twitter Users / Pictures Of Captured Weapons From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.