Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level (51900 Views)

UNICAL's VC Reacts To Death Of Her Student Denied Medical Care Over N200 (Pix) / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi, On Vacation In The United States During ASUU Strike / Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Falomo211(m): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2021
Olayiide:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/13/anger-frustration-university-calabars-vc-asks-final-year-students-return-200-level

All the things the whites brought to us none is been managed well for human development
education in Africa is same as religion They are both thrash I regret being a black man born in Africa rubbish
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by doncollino: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2021
The VC must be feminist, them dey mean wella
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Minjim: 10:06am On Apr 14, 2021
VTJN:
they only have two options

They either obey the VC, go back to 200 level and hopefully graduated with certificate and get mobilized for nysc

Or

Get transferred to another school whose courses had full accreditation, but they will have to start from 300 level

The VC even like them that's why she gave them an offer, if she decides to keep mute and they graduate with no certificate and can't go for nysc that is when they will know wotsup

They can also sue the damn university.
It's the negligence of the university she's asking the student to pay for.

Who's duty is it to make sure courses are accredited, student or university?
Who has failed to do his/her duty here?
Who should be held responsible?
Who should pay?

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Freestainworld:
This is very wicked of her, after paying through the nose, surviving incessant strikes , then they ask the. to go back to 200level , very insane
It's not about her. It's the previous VC who allowed candidates to be offered admission without accreditation. He knew this would backfire but probably thought before the first year runs out, they would have gotten accreditation.

The issue of accreditation is that those guys cannot be issued certificates because they ran an unaccredited course. If the University tries it, na gbege.

The issue of accreditation is very serious and it's unfortunate these ones are the victims. Very sad.

I ready that those who graduated from uniabuja about 10 years plus or so and studied medicine or law didn't get to do their induction ceremony. They couldn't practice.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Qatar2022: 10:09am On Apr 14, 2021
quentin06:

Asking them to go back to 200. level is wrong, they knew the courses were not accredited, why admit students to those dept? To make money abi.
It's not wrong bro because a lot of graduate today can't defend that course
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Horlarwaileh(m): 10:09am On Apr 14, 2021
I really detest any place where women are heading
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by RALPHOW(m): 10:15am On Apr 14, 2021
I think the woman is right.
The two years may look long, but it's better to make a uturn from wrong direction to the right direction, no matter how far you ve gone.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by samuel900(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2021
Them go permutate this one soon
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by mywells: 10:18am On Apr 14, 2021
To succeed in Africa you need to go school, get a degree then put it aside & hustle like a drop out.
Sometimes you have to drop your qualifications aside and hustle like a drop out.pride won't pay your bill.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by KushLyon(m): 10:18am On Apr 14, 2021
The future is indeed female... Na so uniben new VC still enter dey scatter things
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2021
Trimjos:

common sharap there!! is it also students fault for the school to employ lecturers, set up departments and even admit students to study courses that were not accredited??
So if you see that something is a scam you'll still fall for it.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by zubimete(f): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2021
Barrywilly:
If it is denial of accreditation by nuc, there is nothing the VC can do. It is either the programmes are closed down or the students start afresh as suggested by the VC because the university cannot graduate students on dead programmes and nysc too will not accept students from such departments as nuc would have notified them. I sympathise with the students as this is the fault of the management
i implore those will lack knowlegde to read this comment bfor being gender bias.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Trimjos: 10:38am On Apr 14, 2021
SegFault:

So if you see that something is a scam you'll still fall for it.

Go and sit down abeg. U re still a kid
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 14, 2021
Trimjos:

Go and sit down abeg. U re still a kid
It is mostly kids that say this trash, you came for an argument can't handle it and therefore resort to name calling well done.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by zubimete(f): 10:41am On Apr 14, 2021
doncollino:
The VC must be feminist, them dey mean wella
no she'nt, shes marrried wit children, She was my hod while in sch. D depts lost accreditation during d past male vc.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by LibanKush: 10:50am On Apr 14, 2021
You don't mean it���

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by melly4u: 10:52am On Apr 14, 2021
Hope this woman is not mad
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by gbengaadeleye12: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2021
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by subcbouy: 11:10am On Apr 14, 2021
Which kontri be diz naw? You de admit students for kurse wey no dey accredited, haba!
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2021
any where them make women leaders, them go won over show themselves. ...either for good or for bad.....shebi FUTO don elect another woman as VC.....
we dey watch
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by IkeGod221(m): 11:16am On Apr 14, 2021
Lol the future is indeed female.

So is this what we will be getting for have a woman leader?
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by subcbouy: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2021
Qatar2022:

It's not wrong bro because a lot of graduates today can't defend that course
What is not wrong? How do they admit these students with their department not being accredited? A pastor said: "Nigeria is a scam" I am beginning to believe that not only the politicians that are scammers even all the institutions.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Theoptimisticgu: 11:19am On Apr 14, 2021
School na scam some gullibles said.
But come to think of it these student during their whole years in school never take the time to check whether the course they are studying is accredited by NUC or not.be civilized nah, now if she let you finish ,u get school testimonial, but NYSC won't recognise you,wahala dey, she's been a good patriot for informing you guys...All I can say is the former VC scam you guys
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by openmine(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2021
The inability of not accrediting these courses rest squarely on the management and they must bare the responsibility for their ineptitude rather than heaping it on these students who are already rounding up inspite of incessant strikes and payment of humongous fees not to talk of evil lecturera who just don't want to see students pass for reasons best know to them!

The affected students should come together and hire a very powerful attorney who will ensure they get the required justice in terms of adequate compensation and a waiver from the management since they are already in their finals!
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Excel888: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2021
Women and their wahala. Where their human heart ends, is where the devilish one begins. Atimes the dnt think back, na front front.
The new Futo Vc, abeg i no wan hear wantin wantin o.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by OLESCO(f): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2021
Mrlcredible:
it also depends on what you study.
of what relevance is a degree in political science in this economy?

To the best of my knowledge it nolonger matter the course of study rather who knows somebody that knows somebody at the top. If Waec certificate can drastically change Nigeria's economy then what happens to first class pol. Sci.

I had think u are not in Nigeria to know what is obtainable ......... I use to have a friend that studied Fishery but now work in a Federal agency that generates revenue. Though came out with a good result

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by ngadaAwo: 11:49am On Apr 14, 2021
adadike:
onaghi alu olu Cha cha
Ada m my own is working kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by WorkDesQ: 11:58am On Apr 14, 2021
Seven content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by SavageResponse(m): 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
Women and rigidity are inseparable!

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Trimjos: 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
SegFault:

It is mostly kids that say this trash, you came for an argument can't handle it and therefore resort to name calling well done.

I don't argue with toddlers. Go and study your books and pass. I am busy with work
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
Qatar2022:

It's not wrong bro because a lot of graduate today can't defend that course

A lot of graduates of Public universities, private universities face accreditation challenges but they resolve them before their students get to final year.

Students shouldn't suffer because of a University's incompetent management.

I know that school, the staff are very lazy, they want money for doing nothing, most of them get employed based on connections not competence, my condolence to the students.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Why Is university certificate Called Bachelors Degree? / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.