Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House (24988 Views)

DCP Gbolahan Oyedemi Found Hanging Dead In His House After Easter / Prophet Omale Denies Buying Property In Dubai For N57M On Behalf Of Magu / DCP Usman Umar Belel Buried After Shiite Protest, Had Only One Child (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by dre11(m): 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
Police Deputy Commissioner Threatens Violence Against South-East Man For Buying Property Near His House In Adamawa

A Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Babazango, has allegedly threatened violent attacks against one Vincent Umeh for buying property near his house in Adamawa State.

SaharaReporters learnt that the police boss, who hails from Adamawa State, claimed he did not want a southerner as his next-door neighbour.

Babazango, who is currently attached to the Lagos State Police Command, was reportedly infuriated to learn that a Southeasterner was his new neighbour.

SaharaReporters learnt that the property is located at 33, Mohammed Mustapha Way, Opposite Ford Oil, Yola, in Adamawa.

In a viral audio, Babazango was heard warning Umeh to reverse the purchase deal or face bitter consequences, including no guarantee of his personal safety.

"We're a homogeneous community, I don't want you; you can't be my next door neighbour, I swear. What sort of insult is this? Can any northerner move now to the South-East, say Onitsha and just bump into any neighborhood to buy a property; just like that?” the DCP queried.

Narrating his ordeal, Umeh said, "I acquired the property late last year from one Ismail Mamman; the transaction was perfected and a title deed was issued to me.

"I was surprised to receive a call from a man who introduced himself as DCP Ibrahim Babazango, a neighbour of Ismail Mamman who sold the property to me. He threatened that I should abandon the property because he could not guarantee my safety as his neighbour.

"I pleaded with him to no avail. I asked him what I did wrong by purchasing the property, at least within the context of the law. He kept yelling that I was not welcome in the neighbourhood and I am a stranger in the community.

"Given his threat, I reported the matter to the police and Department of State Services.”

As it was further gathered, Babazango claimed that his former neighbour sold the property to Umeh without offering him (Babazango) a neighbour, the first right to buy.

When contacted by SaharaReporters, Babazango stood his ground on the threats.

He said, “My neighbour sold the house to a businessman without waiting for me, after I had indicated interest to buy the property. Believe me, I cannot guarantee his safety if he insists on owning the property because as it is; we live like brothers in this area; so for an outsider who is not from this part of the country to buy a property in this area, is unacceptable.

"I have reported the matter to the District Head of Jemita and I will also take him to court if need be.”

On his part, the vendor, Ismail Mamman said, “The property is mine and I sold it to Mr. Vincent Umeh; all the documents were duly signed by me and my brother as witness between us, in the presence of a lawyer after we agreed on a price.

"I had approached him, my former neighbour, DCP Ibrahim Babazango that I wanted to sell my property, he said he would contact his brother but I didn't get his feedback; so I sold it to a ready buyer. I have no problems with the buyer at all.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/08/police-deputy-commissioner-threatens-violence-against-south-east-man-buying-property-near

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
He's scared the igbo man will someday buy his house , demolish the building and erect a Mansion there ..

How the igbos became so wealthy and successful despite not producing president since 1999 dey surprise people

258 Likes 18 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by helinues: 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
Baba n la gutter news

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by PCSI: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Baba n la gutter news
[/s]

Gutter mouth

Nothing like ONE Nigeria

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by mcbreeze: 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
Igbophobia everywhere.
But don't worry, we are leaving to our own nation.
It is worrisome, how every tribe hate us for no reason. We did nothing but business.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by omenkaLives(m): 5:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
We can all see how devious Sowore has become with his hate campaign. Much as I dont like Igbo people (just as much as they dont like me either) they must be careful not to allow people like Sowore lead them to places they dont desire to be.

The title of this news as published by SR is all shades of wrong.

What is the point adding South East man of not to further a campaign of hate and violence, a victim of which he's likely not to become.

Men in power, especially armed personnel, trample on the rights of Nigerians daily and this has NOTHING to do with ethnicity. Arthur Eze for instance has been usurping peoples lands daily in the East. Is Sowore also gonna publish that the lands are being grabbed from their owners because they're Igbos?

The necessity for that part of the headline is simply because a Northerner is the alleged culprit and nothing more.

This is another low for SR, and they keep sinking day by day.

So disappointing.

Edit:

Good a thing Nairaland edited the title. Those angry about my comment can now save the world some scarce fresh air and do themselves in. smiley

42 Likes 10 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Dollarremix(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
Wahala for any Igbo person in northern Nigeria especially far north.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
helinues:
Baba n la gutter news
it is gutter news because it exposes the mindset of you and your pay masters. Like I always say, surprise me one day by saying/doing something sensible. Have a great week sir cool

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by helinues: 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
it is gutter news because it exposes the mindset of you and your pay masters. Like I always say, surprise me one day by saying/doing something sensible. Have a great week sir cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Ojiofor: 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
omenkaLives:
We can all see how devious Sowore has become with his hate campaign. Much as I dont like Igbo people (just as much as they dont like me either) they must be careful not to allow people like Sowore lead them to places they dont desire to be.

What is the point adding South East man of not to further a campaign of hate and violence, a victim of which he's likely not to become.

Men in power, especially armed personnel, trample on the rights of Nigerians daily and this has NOTHING to do with ethnicity. Arthur Eze for instance has been usurping peoples lands daily in the East. Is Sowore also gonna publish that the lands are being grabbed from their owners because they're Igbos?

The necessity for that part of the headline is simply because a Northerner is the alleged culprit and nothing more.

So disappointing.

You are so disappointed at SR but not the man that is threatening a fellow citizen for legally buying property in his neighbourhood?
Didn't the bigot said he don't want a southeasterner as a neighbor?Why are you trying hard to divert attention?

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by mrvitalis(m): 5:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
omenkaLives:

So disappointing.
Oga this is something that happens everywhere and you know it ...i can swear you have seen it happen so don't come here to pretend

We all have seen it happen

The name of the officers was mentioned yet u think it didn't happen

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by mrvitalis(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
I as an Igbo man don't really care what happens to umeh and his likes ...they are the so called northern Igbos

Any Igbo man still buying properties outside Igboland deserve what ever he gets and the Igbo nation would not blink an eye ...this are the same people that made us go to war to defend their diginit

Still no it's still their post that northerners would be parading as Igbos with different views

Where is that boy that mimicks Buhari MC what ever ...u won't see him condemn this one ooh , nah they turn blind eyes ...but once IPOB react boom they appear

Oga umeh leave Adamawa for them

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by jude79(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
[quote author=helinues post=110067729][/quote]

That's funny, are you saying you are an adult, honestly I don't think your above 13, given the kid stuff you regurgitate here everyday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by mrvitalis(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
helinues:
Baba n la gutter news
Gutter news with DCP name boldly written ? I know u are not the smartest but u can come up with something better

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Majesty2(m): 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
I don't blame the man. You as a person will you allow children of hate, perdition and criminals near your house, if answer is no, then don't blame him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by helinues: 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
mrvitalis:

Gutter news with DCP name boldly written ? I know u are not the smartest but u can come up with something better

For here, we still dey reason things logically

In addition, we always keep our emotions in check

2 Likes

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by donbachi(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
Please,nairalanders.
Join the petition on thunder to fire nIgeria.
Dis one nigeria thing is not working.na their vision 2020 agenda dem dey carry out so.

10 Likes

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by SensetionalGoal(m): 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
The Igbo man should not go anywhere...
let the dcp do his worst...

why is he living in Lagos he should relocate to adamawa then I will take him serious...

Rubbish!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Sonoyom(m): 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
This people again.
Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Jlow2: 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
He doesn't even know if he will wake up 2moro

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mr Umeh is a foolish Igboman. I have no pity for him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Investigative: 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2022
the commissioner should buy it back from the man
Not by making noise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by slimghost(m): 6:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
omenkaLives:

So disappointing.

This cretin has left the issue to start chasing shadows. You should enroll into a mental home kid.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Rawtruth1: 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
Can you imagine? My uncle who was a policeman told us that he was treated like a swine and hated like dogs by fellow police officers when he was transferred to Kastina state three years ago.

He immediately resigned to save his life

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by TheOgaBoss: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
omenkaLives:

So disappointing.
what appropriate title do you suggest then, since the dcp categorically stated he does not want a southern neighbour

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by IPIGSRMUMUS: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
The man is right.

Can an Hausa man do the same in Onisha if they don't want him there? IPIG terrorists will terrorize him on daily basis.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Newboss(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
That DCP should be sacked if this is true.

He cannot be trusted with the lives of Nigerians since most Nigerians are not from his side of the country.

A police officer should not have any elements of tribalism or clannish bigotry.

The country na joke, so I know say they no go do am anything

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: DCP Ibrahim Babazango Threatens Man For Buying Property Near His Adamawa House by Thorondor: 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
IPIGSRMUMUS:
The man is right.

Demoniac poverty ravaged skull miner spotted

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why PDP Spared Makinde, Ugwuanyi, Descended On Ortom, Fayose, Anyim — Vanguard / Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC / Wike And Wife At Thanksgiving Service Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.