Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,541 members, 7,955,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips (4244 Views)

The Best Way Of Earning A Living / Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / Seven Beautiful Characteristics Which Make A Wife Exceptional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by ademobi: 5:45am On Apr 14, 2021
One question I get asked a lot is “What is the best way to start Ramadān?”
I thought about this for sometime, and here is my answer: “The best way to start Ramadān is the way you ended it last year.”
Meaning: you should start Ramadān with the same passion, focus and commitment that you completed the last ten days of last year’s Ramadān.

Do These Seven and Go to Heaven, Insha’allah (God willing)!

I know it sounds easy. But give it a try! Try having the same passion you had last year in the following areas today and see where it takes you tomorrow:

1. When you stand to pray, muster the passion you had a year ago as Ramadān came to a close. The concentration and taste of it should be in your heart, your body should be calm and your soul submerged in the light of prayer. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
*“Whoever prays and his/her soul does not disturb him/her during prayer, his/her sins are forgiven.”*

2. When you make du`a’ (supplication), let it all out, give it to Allāh subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) now, feeling impoverished to him like you did last year at the end of Ramadān. The Prophet said,
*“The supplications of a fasting person are accepted.”*

3. Let the tears flow now. Dry lands can’t grow much and neither can dry hearts. A teacher once told me, “Tears come from fertile hearts like springs come from fertile soil.”
Sit alone with Allah (swt) and cry to Him, seek Him, beg Him and flee to Him. “You will find him forgiving, merciful.”

4. When you remember Allah (swt), do so with the same focus you did last year. Know that “Remember Me and I will remember you” is happening every time His blessed names flow from your heart and speech, and that wherever you remember Him (work, home, mosque, school, alone or in a group), He mentions you in front of the angels, says your name and they seek blessings and forgiveness for you, as is mentioned in the Qur’an, “Forgive those who believe, follow your path and save them from Hell.”

5. Taste the sweetness of the Hereafter, knowing the bitter taste of this life. Recall how your heart felt the last 10 days; there was nothing more valuable to you then drawing nearer to Him and farther from excess here. Muster that passion now. Become a stranger in this life or a traveler because this is not your permeant abode!

In the Qur’an, Allah (swt) addresses Adam and his wife saying, “You two get out of here (Paradise).” In other places He says, “You (all) get out of here.”

My teacher said, “‘You (all)’ is all of us, Adam and his progeny. We were evicted from our real home and soon, God willing we will return to it if we lived good lives for Allah. This world is not it. Paradise awaits.”

6. Guard your time now like you did last year. Ibn al-Qayyim said, “I know people more cautious with their time than bankers are with money.”

7. Guard your tongue and your character now like you did the last ten days a year ago! Recall the statement of our Prophet regarding a person who fails to look after the outer aspects of fasting, “Allah will say, ‘I have no need that you left your food and drink.'”

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by SHEAU(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
MashaAllah

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by BF69BF: 9:39am On Apr 16, 2021
Just remember to eat every morning before fasting commence for the day, that way, you won't feel the fasting that much.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by BF69BF: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2021
Tedsoja86:
100% sure bet. 9ja game available

Payment after winning

Msg me on WhatsApp 0 8 1 0 6 4 8 2 4 9 1

Guy, you dey post bet ad on Ramadan post, be like you want make this people send fulani herdsmen to you.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by jimmyolasun: 9:42am On Apr 16, 2021
at least north go rest small for these people of the religion of "peace" hand
Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by PussyKing(m): 9:43am On Apr 16, 2021
Ramadam when your members (Bokoharam) herdsmen are killing

What are you celebrating when people are being killed

This religion irritates angry me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by darkCoal: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2021
You're still living in dillusion, this is Nigeria, anyone can call himself anything to commit crimes.
Are you telling me that all boko members are Muslims.
PussyKing:
Ramadam when your members (Bokoharam) herdsmen are killing

What are you celebrating when people are being killed

This religion irritates angry me
Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by marvin906(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2021
The only fasting that allows someone to eat before 8.00am and break after 6pm..
What a world

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by moufan: 10:12am On Apr 16, 2021
nice one op, jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by Pk01(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2021
I see you becoming a muslim..this what I have seen
BF69BF:
Just remember to eat every morning before fasting commence for the day, that way, you won't feel the fasting that much.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by Pk01(m): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2021
Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by advocatejare(m): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
What better ways than to buy enough food and store them at home and eat to stupor very early morning and arrest those who don't share your view and decide to live their normal lives

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
BF69BF:

grin grin
Nawaa for you ooo
Re: The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
marvin906:
The only fasting that allows someone to eat before 8.00am and break after 6pm..
What a world
A "Novice"

(1) (Reply)

Norway Muslims Protest Prophet Pig Cartoon / Frequently Asked Questions Pertaining To Ramadan 1 / Ruling On Child Bearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.