Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,950 members, 7,845,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. (321 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / How Christians Can Overcome Depression / Our Mother Is Not A Witch; Children Of Woman "Who Fell From The Sky",Say. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 14, 2021
1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

In as much as we can't control the birds from hovering over heads as they fly, we can stop them from perching on our heads. This can also be likened to how temptation should be seen or regarded in our lives as children of God that even though we can't control temptation or stop temptations from coming our way, we can at least overcome and avoid falling into them.

As a child of God, you are bound to face temptations but your decision to go ahead and yield to it or ability to stand your ground and resist is what determines your end.

The Bible according to 1 Corinthians 10:13 makes us to understand that if we stand firm through it, God will make an escape way for us in the end which is our testimony. So it doesn't matter what you're going through now, be rest assured that God has gone ahead of you to make an escape route.

Does it feel overwhelming? Hold on to His word. He says He'll never allow a tempation that is beyond you come your way as he knows your frame and what you can bear.

Brrethen, do not also say you're being tempted of God for God is not a tempter. God is a good God and his thoughts towards you are thoughts of good to give each and every one of his children an expected end.

Now how can we overcome Tempation?
Stay locked in. Brb.

Shalom beloveths.
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 14, 2021
Overcoming temptation requires both human and supernatural effort to do. In other words, You need prayers and a conscious effort to to overcome.

The following are ways to overcome.
Fleeing
According to 2 Timothy 2:22
Flee also youthful lusts.

In This case you have to apply your human effort. That is practically flee from temptation. This kind of scenario its not the time to begin to scabbash or speak in tongues. It is time to practically RUN! Just like Joseph in the Bible, He left his clothe in the woman's hand and ran. That is what is expected of every child of God who must have a victorious end.

Sometimes it could be money you're being tempted with. You don't just stand there speaking in tongues, you flee before the devil uses the scripture to justify why you should take the money and it's ok. RUN!

Rebuke The Devil.
Another way is through outright Rebuke.
You need to rebuke certain temptation by speaking aloud and telling that situation it is not your portion. Backing it with the word of God.
According to the book of Luke 4:7-8 Jesus rebuked Satan to get behind him after tempting him severally.
What is that situation that has kept projecting itself to you? rebuke it in the name of Jesus and you'll overcome.

By Prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Your constant prayers draw you closer to God the Father son and Holy Spirit which forms an edge of fire around you so when these temptations come you are equipped with power and grace to overcome.

If we look at the story of Jesus' temptation, before he was tempted, he has been fasting and praying. That was why after he rebuked the devil the Holy spirit quickly came and helped him. So you need the help of the Holy Spirit to remain firm until you overcome completely hence the need to constantly be in his presence through prayers, fasting and praises to as the devil never relents in his mission to tempt the saints.

Temptation is a daily part of a Christians life as its the devil mission to see that we fall short of God's glory and miss His kingdom but be of good cheer for Christ has overcome the devil and given us the grace and power over temptation. It is left for you to come under that grace and power.

In all, let's be wary of the devices of the devil and we shall overcome in Jesus name.

Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Mamijoh(f): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
AsherAmari:
Overcoming temptation requires both human and supernatural effort to do. In other words, You need prayers and a conscious effort to to overcome.

The following are ways to overcome.
Fleeing
According to 2 Timothy 2:22
Flee also youthful lusts.

In This case you have to apply your human effort. That is practically flee from temptation. This kind of scenario its not the time to begin to scabbash or speak in tongues. It is time to practically RUN! Just like Joseph in the Bible, He left his clothe in the woman's hand and ran. That is what is expected of every child of God who must have a victorious end.

Sometimes it could be money you're being tempted with. You don't just stand there speaking in tongues, you flee before the devil uses the scripture to justify why you should take the money and it's ok. RUN!

Rebuke The Devil.
Another way is through outright Rebuke.
You need to rebuke certain temptation by speaking aloud and telling that situation it is not your portion. Backing it with the word of God.
According to the book of Luke 4:7-8 Jesus rebuked Satan to get behind him after tempting him severally.
What is that situation that has kept projecting itself to you? rebuke it in the name of Jesus and you'll overcome.

By Prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Your constant prayers draw you closer to God the Father son and Holy Spirit which forms an edge of fire around you so when these temptations come you are equipped with power and grace to overcome.

If we look at the story of Jesus' temptation, before he was tempted, he has been fasting and praying. That was why after he rebuked the devil the Holy spirit quickly came and helped him. So you need the help of the Holy Spirit to remain firm until you overcome completely hence the need to constantly be in his presence through prayers, fasting and praises to as the devil never relents in his mission to tempt the saints.

Temptation is a daily part of a Christians life as its the devil mission to see that we fall short of God's glory and miss His kingdom but be of good cheer for Christ has overcome the devil and given us the grace and power over temptation. It is left for you to come under that grace and power.

In all, let's be wary of the devices of the devil and we shall overcome in Jesus name.

Amen.
Amen in the powerful name of our LORD Jesus Christ.
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mamijoh:
Amen in the powerful name of our LORD Jesus Christ.

Amen. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2021
God is a faithful God.

Thank you Lord.
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
AsherAmari:

Now how can we overcome Tempation?
Stay locked in. Brb.

Shalom beloveths.

This is where the Hymn "I Need Thee Every Hour" is Gold and Life especially Stanza 3

"I Need Thee Every Hour
Stay Thou Nearby
TEMPTATIONS LOSE THEIR POWER
WHEN THOU ART NIGH"
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is where the Hymn "I Need Thee Every Hour" is Gold and Life especially Stanza 3

"I Need Thee Every Hour
Stay Thou Nearby
TEMPTATIONS LOSE THEIR POWER
WHEN THOU ART NIGH"

Yeah, bro. We need his presence every secs to overcome because this world is full of temptation.

I love those lines. Powerful!
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
"Nothing happens to Anybody which he is not fitted by Nature to bear!" Unknown Author.
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
"Nothing happens to Anybody which he is not fitted by Nature to bear!" Unknown Author.

Yeah yeah you can say that again.
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
AsherAmari:

Yeah, bro. We need his presence every secs to overcome because this world is full of temptation.

I love those lines. Powerful!

Yes, that's Why The Lord came to inform us, Seeing The Truth had been wickedly Covered and Successfully Hidden from us, that He is the Creator/Manufacturer of us and He is Always with Us, Even In the Very Inside of Us, hence "Immanuel" - God With Us"!

1 Like

Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, that's Why The Lord came to inform us, Seeing The Truth had been wickedly Covered and Successfully Hidden from us, that He is the Creator/Manufacturer of us and He is Always with Us, Even In the Very Inside of Us, hence "Immanuel" - God With Us"!

Yeah right!
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
AsherAmari:

Yeah yeah you can say that again.

grin Kirk Franklin is another one I hold dear in the Album "God's Property" - "More Than I Can Bear"

I've gone through the fire
And I've been through the flood
I've been broken into pieces
Seen lightnin' flashin' from above
But through it all I remember
That He loves me
And He cares
And He'll never put more on me
Than I can bear

I said
Never put more on me
No no
Never put more on me
Unh unh
Never put more on me
Than I can bear!
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
author=Dtruthspeaker post=100816364]

grin Kirk Franklin is another one I hold dear in the Album "God's Property" - "More Than I Can Bear"

I've gone through the fire
And I've been through the flood
I've been broken into pieces
Seen lightnin' flashin' from above
But through it all I remember
That He loves me
And He cares
And He'll never put more on me
Than I can bear

Hmmm... This is so touching. Most true believers can relate.

[
b]I said
Never put more on me
No no
Never put more on me
Unh unh
Never put more on me
Than I can bear![/b]
cry cry cry. *Yes Lord, never put more on us*
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 17, 2021
Thank you Jesus for giving me victory.
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 19, 2021
This cup shall pass.

Thank you Lord.
Re: You Cant Control Or Stop Temptation But You Can Overcome As Children Of God. by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 21, 2021
Trust in God with all your heart

(1) (Reply)

Kano Hisbah Arrests 8 For Not Observing Fasting / Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? / Osinbajo, Mimiko, Daniel Attend Service Of Songs For Late Dare Adeboye (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.