Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

The Religion Of Abraham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion Of Abraham (1490 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / Was Mohamed A Descendant Of Abraham? / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 9:52am On Apr 14, 2021
The Religion of Abraham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJP5oydvjo
Did Mohamed bring a new religion or did he try to restore the religion of Abraham?
And did he succeed. And what was it called?
Dan Gibson shares his opinions.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2021
Abraham left his birthplace which celebrated multiple gods and accepted the worship of the one true God.

Ibn Hisham no. 49 for instance tells us that the religion of Abraham was Hanifiya i.e. the rejection of multiple gods or paganism.

The name 'ISLAM' was not applied to the religion Mohamed established until much later in the life of the religion.
It was originally referred to as hanifiya. It was identified as the religion of Abraham NOT the religion of Mohamed.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ibn Hisham 44 gives a description of the kaba. According to him "it was made of loose stones about a man's height". There was also a well in the middle of it.

The dimensions of the kaba (taken from Islamic sources), for example, fits more the structure in Petra than that in present day Mecca. It's still there till today. The measurements are bigger than the kaba in present day Mecca.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
In biblical examples of Abraham building altars to the LORD. There was no building. Just altars. They were built in the open areas. Loosely fitted rocks. Abraham is said to have also built one altar for Hagar and Ishmael so that they should worship the only true God.
The altars were to sacrifice to the one true God.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 10:46am On Apr 16, 2021
Jesus Christ became the REALITY for those sacrifices. He fulfilled the Law and became the ultimate sacrifice. Waraqa Ibn Nufar found his search for the religion of Abraham in Christianity.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2021
The desire to search for the religion of Abraham was still there when Mohamed was a young man. Mohamed was influenced by this desire to restore the religion of Abraham. Ibn Hisham 118 alluded to this. When Abu 'Amir asked Mohamed which religion he had brought Mohamed replied "The Hanifiya, the religion of Abraham......". So, according to this report Mohamed claimed to restore the religion of Abraham. But did he?

Thousands of years had passed after Abraham. What those who thought they were practicing the religion of Abraham were doing had pagan practices which had been incorporated into it over the years. Many religious rites were now brought in. For example, going between the two mountains or hills seven times was done to remember Hagar's experience of desperate search for water, NOT Abraham. Going around the kaba multiple times was another thing they did even before Islam. This is more a worship of the altar than anything else.

Abraham offered sacrifices on the altars he built. He never went around them. His focus was on the sacrifices. Those who go round the kaba focus on the altar. The meaning that Abraham gave to the sacrifices was lost over time.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 3:07am On Apr 17, 2021
sagenaija:
Jesus Christ became the REALITY for those sacrifices. He fulfilled the Law and became the ultimate sacrifice. Waraqa Ibn Nufar found his search for the religion of Abraham in Christianity.
Doubtful! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Doubtful! undecided
Waraqa Ibn Nufar?
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2021
sagenaija:
Abraham left his birthplace which celebrated multiple gods and accepted the worship of the one true God.

Ibn Hisham no. 49 for instance tells us that the religion of Abraham was Hanifiya i.e. the rejection of multiple gods or paganism.

The name 'ISLAM' was not applied to the religion Mohamed established until much later in the life of the religion.
It was originally referred to as hanifiya. It was identified as the religion of Abraham NOT the religion of Mohamed.
was it really thr religion in the first place, its God's Religion not is Prophets or messengers religion.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2021
sagenaija:
Ibn Hisham 44 gives a description of the kaba. According to him "it was made of loose stones about a man's height". There was also a well in the middle of it.

The dimensions of the kaba (taken from Islamic sources), for example, fits more the structure in Petra than that in present day Mecca. It's still there till today. The measurements are bigger than the kaba in present day Mecca.
the kabba was first build by Abraham mind u.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2021
sagenaija:
Sacrifice u say, God doesn't need to sacrifice for his own creations.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2021
sagenaija:

Waraqa Ibn Nufar?
waraqa ibn nawfal is d correct spelling n he was a Christian man who lived in mecca n instantly attest that Prophet Mohammed was a prophet whn he heard of the first revelation to him. don't sit down and jst conjoin stuffs half way n spill out.

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

the kabba was first build by Abraham mind u.
Abraham did no such thing. undecided
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Abraham did no such thing. undecided
guess u don't knw history then. ���
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

guess u don't knw history then. ���
What history? The one your ilk has made several attempts at bastardizing? undecided

I recently read me a copy of the Gospel of barnabas and discovered for myself how far many of your Islamic clerics are willing to go to claim relevance of their belief. My jaw dropped at finding the name of Mohammed inserted into the portions of the story told of the garden of eden and in the mouth of Jesus Christ as well. A book like that destroyed by the greed and lies of men who are willing to do anything to stay relevant. undecided
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
What history? The one your ilk has made several attempts at bastardizing? undecided

I read the Gospel of barnabas and discovered how people of your belief even went as far as trying to insert the name of Mohammed in to the garden of eden and in the mouth of Jesus Christ to claim relevance for your faith. A book like that destroyed by the greed and lies of men who are willing to do anything to stay relevant. undecided
Mohammed was not in the garden of Eden so was christ may peace n blessing be on them, Abraham started the building of the kabba from inception. go find out

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

Mohammed was not in the garden of Eden so was christ may peace n blessing be on them, Abraham started the building of the kabba from inception. go find out

According to your clerics, the name of Mohammed, not the man, was mentioned in eden and also uttered from the mouth of Jesus Christ. undecided
Abraham started building a kabba at what age and where? undecided
Abraham built instead an altar and in several places along his journey, and this he did in his later years, not inception as you claim and he certainly did not build that mountain you call a kabba. undecided
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Abraham built instead an altar and in several places along his journey, and this he did in his later years, not inception as you claim and he certainly did not build that mountain you call a kabba. undecided
how many wives did he have mate first
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

how many wives did he have mate first
Again...
Kobojunkiee:

According to your clerics, the name of Mohammed, not the man, was mentioned in eden and also uttered from the mouth of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Again...
mr jst answer will get thr
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

mr jst answer will get thr
I am not here to derail from the topic or the discussion...
Kobojunkiee:

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I am not here to derail from the topic or the discussion...
am not derailing from d topic i promise i jst want things to be clear i promise
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

am not derailing from d topic i promise i jst want things to be clear i promise
Then you can stick to the line we are on instead...
Kobojunkiee:

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Then you can stick to the line we are on instead...
bro i do expect u to answer n prove me wrong as u have claimed seriously
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

bro i do expect u to answer n prove me wrong as u have claimed seriously
LOL... see logic oo! You expect me to answer your question while you ignore mine? Ha !
Kobojunkiee:

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
LOL... see logic oo! You expect me to answer your question while you ignore mine? Ha !
am not ignoring urs bro i want to answer it with all my heart but i knw Y am asking u that, but since u dnt want to progress i will take that step, the alter he left hagar n his son is the kabba n check he n his son ishmael performed the duties of going round d kabba as u see today, before he left them behind to meet sarah afta giving birth to issac
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Empiree: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

waraqa ibn nawfal is d correct spelling n he was a Christian man who lived in mecca n instantly attest that Prophet Mohammed was a prophet whn he heard of the first revelation to him. don't sit down and jst conjoin stuffs half way n spill out.
I don't mean to interject anyhow in this conversations but I like to input something. Waraqa ibn nawfal was not Christian. He was nassara. It was translators that translated nassara to Christian. There were no Christians or CHRISTIANITY in Mecca and Medina those days. CHRISTIANITY came from Rome. The people that lived or that prophet Muhammad met in Medina were Jews and Nazarene (nassara).

So it was wrong translation on the part of translators but I can understand why they translated nassara to Christian for understanding purposes. So waraqa ibn nawfal was not a Christian but nassara. Christianity is another religion entirely from Rome. It is more like hearsays about Jesus not religion of Jesus. As you can see in the screenshot, they quoted "Christian" to indicate "so called".

As for Hanif, Hanifa means the same as Islam. It is only name. So Hanif means ISLAMIC monotheism (Q3:67) مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيّاً وَلاَ نَصْرَانِيّاً وَلَكِن كَانَ حَنِيفاً(Hanif) مُّسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ. As you can see from the definition provided by op, Hanifa, Hanafiya etc means serving and believing in One God. This is contrary to Trinity or 3 gods as in CHRISTIANITY. There was no CHRISTIANITY in Medina and Mecca. You can see that waraqa ibn nawfal recognized prophet Muhammad when he came because his scripture told him so. So if he was Christian, why don't Christians today recognized prophet Muhammad if they are truthful?. Waraqa ibn nawfal converted to Islam when he recognized Muhammad.

Why don't Christians convert too?.. Again, I apologize for intervening in this conversation.

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
Empiree:
I don't mean to interject anyhow in this conversations but I like to input something. Waraqa ibn nawfal was not Christian. He was nassara. It was translators that translated nassara to Christian. There were no Christians or CHRISTIANITY in Mecca and Medina those days. CHRISTIANITY came from Rome. The people that lived or that prophet muhammad met in Medina were Jews and Nazarene (nassara).

So it was wrong translation on the post of translators but I can understand why they translated nassara to Christian for understanding purposes. So waraqa ibn nawfal was not a Christian but nassara. Christianity is smithery religion entirely from Rome. It is more like hearsays amir Jesus but religion of Jesus. As you can see in the screenshot, they quoted "Christian" to indicate so called.

As for Hanif, Hanifa means the same as Islam. It is only name. So Hanifa means ISLAMIC monotheism. As you can see from the definition provided by op, Hanifa, Hanafiya etc means serving and believing in One God. This is contrary to Trinity or 3 gods as in CHRISTIANITY. There was no CHRISTIANITY in Medina and Mecca. You can see that waraqa ibn nawfal recognized prophet muhammad when he came because his scripture told him so. So if he was Christian, why don't Christians today recognized prophet muhammad if they are truthful?. Waraqa ibn nawfal converted to Islam when he recognized Muhammad.

Why don't Christians convert too?.
thanks mate. grateful

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Empiree: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

thanks mate. grateful
sorry for the typographic errors. I have corrected it as much as I could.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Empiree:
sorry for the typographic errors. I have corrected it as much as I could.
No P man u r right it was khadijahs uncle who was conversant with the scriptures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

am not ignoring urs bro i want to answer it with all my heart but i knw Y am asking u that, but since u dnt want to progress i will take that step, the alter he left hagar n his son is the kabba n check he n his son ishmael performed the duties of going round d kabba as u see today, before he left them behind to meet sarah afta giving birth to issac
undecided
Kobojunkiee:

I recently read me a copy of the Gospel of barnabas and discovered for myself how far many of your Islamic clerics are willing to go to claim relevance of their belief. My jaw dropped at finding the name of Mohammed inserted into the portions of the story told of the garden of eden and in the mouth of Jesus Christ as well. A book like that destroyed by the greed and lies of men who are willing to do anything to stay relevant. undecided
Now here you are inserting the mountain you call a kabba into the story of Abraham... how far are you all not willing to go with this nonsense? undecided
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
undecided
Now here you are inserting the mountain you call a kabba into the story of Abraham... how far are you all not willing to go with this nonsense? undecided
no problem man what ever makes u sleep well at night. stay good though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where is Father X-mas ? / Why Is It That Most Pentecostal Ministers Focus On The Old Testament ? / Race Or Religion: Which Is More Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.