Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Religion Of Abraham - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion Of Abraham (1692 Views)

Since The Time Of Abraham Christ Was The First To Teach Of Heaven / Was Mohamed A Descendant Of Abraham? / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanpapi:

Sacrifice u say, God doesn't need to sacrifice for his own creations.
Koran 37: 107
"And We ransomed his son with a great sacrifice,"

Obviously Allah sacrificed here.
True or not? Your response is highly awaited.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 5:07am On Apr 18, 2021
sagenaija:

Obviously Allah sacrificed here.
True or not? Your response is highly awaited.
have u read the full verse nope, that was for Abraham whn he was tested to sacrifice his son n a ram was used to in place of his son, his creations sacrifice to him. again God don't need to sacrifice for his own creations how can u say he sacrificed his only son if really he evn had a son as claimed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by shadeyinka(m): 7:07am On Apr 18, 2021
sanpapi:

Why did God establish the ordinance of sacrifice?

Do you have any idea?
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by shadeyinka(m): 7:11am On Apr 18, 2021
sanpapi:

waraqa ibn nawfal is d correct spelling n he was a Christian man who lived in mecca n instantly attest that Prophet Mohammed was a prophet whn he heard of the first revelation to him. don't sit down and jst conjoin stuffs half way n spill out.
And He died a Christian not as a Muslim.

It's amazing that this same man who was not present with Mohamed in the cave was one who named the "spirit" that appeared to Mohamed as Jubril. Did the spirit introduce himself to Mohamed?

Any more comments?
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 7:20am On Apr 18, 2021
sanpapi:

have u read the full verse nope, that was for Abraham whn he was tested to sacrifice his son n a ram was used to in place of his son, his creations sacrifice to him. again God don't need to sacrifice for his own creations how can u say he sacrificed his only son if really he evn had a son as claimed.
A few questions for you:
Who is speaking in that verse?
What did he say he did?
How was it done, or how did he do it?

You Moslems believe that Allah is the only one speaking in the Koran, don't you?
Therefore is he not the "we" in that verse?
What do your scholars (NOT YOU) say about the interpretation of that verse?

Remember what you said:
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 8:24am On Apr 18, 2021
sagenaija:

A few questions for you:
Who is speaking in that verse?
What did he say he did?
How was it done, or how did he do it?

You Moslems believe that Allah is the only one speaking in the Koran, don't you?
Therefore is he not the "we" in that verse?
What do your scholars (NOT YOU) say about the interpretation of that verse?

Remember what you said:

from the gospel what did God say to Abraham about Issac please?
and i stand God doesn't need to sacrifice for its creations, the creations sacrifice to him.
back to the question 'we' are u implying Gid is multiple

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2021
sanpapi:

from the gospel what did God say to Abraham about Issac please?
and i stand God doesn't need to sacrifice for its creations, the creations sacrifice to him.
back to the question 'we' are u implying Gid is multiple
Do you now want to use the Gospel to interpret your Koran?

I do not mean plural. That's not the issue. What I'm asking is: who is doing the action in that portion of the Koran?

At the end of the day it is not what you stand for or stand by. For you as a Moslem it should be 'What is the Koran saying here?'
Or do you now want to subject the Koran to your PERSONAL interpretation?

So, what is the scholars interpretation of that verse? Help us out.

Winning a debate is about providing FACTS not OPINIONS. Show us the facts. Otherwise you showing us that you don't know why you believe what you believe in Islam.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 11:27am On Apr 18, 2021
sagenaija:

Do you now want to use the Gospel to interpret your Koran?

I do not mean plural. That's not the issue. What I'm asking is: who is doing the action in that portion of the Koran?

At the end of the day it is not what you stand for or stand by. For you as a Moslem it should be 'What is the Koran saying here?'
Or do you now want to subject the Koran to your PERSONAL interpretation?

So, what is the scholars interpretation of that verse? Help us out.

Winning a debate is about providing FACTS not OPINIONS. Show us the facts. Otherwise you showing us that you don't know why you believe what you believe in Islam.
oh i never took it as a debate besides i won't even indulge on in one in such platform. u can believe what u want of that single verse no matter how much i say ur bliv is already firm on that. stay good
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
sanpapi:

oh i never took it as a debate besides i won't even indulge on in one in such platform. u can believe what u want of that single verse no matter how much i say ur bliv is already firm on that. stay good
You have said NOTHING about the verse; have you?
It's obvious when someone wants to run away from a discussion. You are displaying that tendency right now. Otherwise to give a simple response to an enquiry wouldn't have taken this much time from one who has the answer.

It is very clear here that Allah did not query sacrifice. So, why did Allah authorise or approve of this sacrifice? Why do Moslems keep sacrificing rams and other animals till date?

It's amazing that Moslems either don't know why they do what they do in their religion or even explain their books. At the end of the day the usual escapist route is 'Allah knows best' or they accuse the other person of lack of knowledge or understanding of Islam. Meanwhile they are the ones who have CLEARLY failed to educate the other person about their religion.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
sagenaija:

You have said NOTHING about the verse; have you?
It's obvious when someone wants to run away from a discussion. You are displaying that tendency right now. Otherwise to give a simple response to an enquiry wouldn't have taken this much time from one who has the answer.

It is very clear here that Allah did not query sacrifice. So, why did Allah authorise or approve of this sacrifice? Why do Moslems keep sacrificing rams and other animals till date?

It's amazing that Moslems either don't know why they do what they do in their religion or even explain their books. At the end of the day the usual escapist route is 'Allah knows best' or they accuse the other person of lack of knowledge or understanding of Islam. Meanwhile they are the ones who have CLEARLY failed to educate the other person about their religion.
ok u win am running, kindly Educate me on the verse. plzzzzz
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
sanpapi:

ok u win am running, kindly Educate me on the verse. plzzzzz
A sacrifice was provided in place of Abraham's son thus saving the son from being sacrificed. A picture of what was to come in Jesus Christ.

It's the same way that God provided Jesus as an atoning sacrifice for mankind's sin in order to RANSOM man from the penalty of sin with Jesus's GREAT SACRIFICE.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Empiree: 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
sagenaija:

A sacrifice was provided in place of Abraham's son thus saving the son from being sacrificed. A picture of what was to come in Jesus Christ.

It's the same way that God provided Jesus as an atoning sacrifice for mankind's sin in order to RANSOM man from the penalty of sin with Jesus's GREAT SACRIFICE.
you wrong
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
sagenaija:

100 100 mate, if it makes u sleep well at night.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sanpapi(m): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
Empiree:
you wrong
no need to stress the talk mate just let him sleep well.
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by Kobojunkiee: 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
sagenaija:

This can be better explained. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/6270051/misconception-god-sent-jesus-die/1#100917016

https://www.nairaland.com/6491054/offended-me-greatly-take-son#100767615
Re: The Religion Of Abraham by sagenaija: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2021
The followers of Mohamed were known as Hanifiyya not Moslems. The change wouldn't come until another 100 years when the name of the religion changed to be Islam and the adherents now called Moslems. When that happened the identity of Hanifiyya and identification as the religion of Abraham were lost. In its place the term Islam meaning SUBMIT was now being used.

No one used the two words interchangeably at that time. In other words, while Hanifiyya is known today to be what the followers of Mohamed were called back then, they were not referred to as Moslems and the religion did not go by the name of Islam at that time.

Did Mohamed restore the religion of Abraham. No. The rituals found in Islam today were not identified with Abraham. The religion of Abraham should lead you to a personal relationship with God. He sacrificed to God for a reason. He had personal relationship with God. They were also a central theme in the life and work of Jesus. He became the "lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world". God gave him so that whosoever believes in him (as mankind's saviour) will not perish but have eternal life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Lucky To Get Some Black Magic From My Friends Village And It Works For Rea / Seventh Day Adventist-any Idea? / I Have Seen Hell And The Devil, Heaven Is Made With Gold. This Is My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.