Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? (611 Views)

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / How To Protect Your Child's Innocence In This Morally Bankrupt World / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
Is it Morally And Spiritually right for me if I'm a Pastor and oversee let's say 100 Billion Naira in church funds and committ let's say 10 Billion Naira to building a new church building and don't committ as much to giving to members some of which have been loyal for about 10/20 years ...

And I keep committing gestures like Investing in edifices and do not attend to members welfare.. And yet I'm in position to ensure the financial welfare is looked after but don't do it.. And I keep doing this repeatedly having the oversight of resources to see to the improved financial welfare of members but don't do it...

Are there scriptures that judges me wrong for doing such?
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2021
Forgive me for thinking out loud

Let's discuss our faith guys from a different perspective this time around

Cc

Jesusjnr
Etfash
Madprophet
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by HelpYourself(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:

Cc

Jesusjnr
Etfash
Madprophet

At times I just look at things like this and smile

Slowly and surely the end of deceit is close.

All these spiritual conmen and women calling themselves pastors

grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
GofuckYourself:

At times I just look at things like this and smile

Slowly and surely the end of deceit is close.

All these spiritual conmen and women calling themselves pastors

grin

Don't get me wrong. I'm also a Minister and called to serve at the pulpit. I don't think I have the desire to oversee 100 Billion and I will have members with little needs financial resources can meet and deliberately choose to look the other way

This disturbing thought has been hunting my soup this evening and I can't seem to find peace in my soul

I will be on the pulpit as my training season comes to an end. I pray I don't become such a man ever. Ever and ever.

I find it very disturbing that finances is an issue with people of calling.

See.. I got stuck one day at around midnight in a location far from my house. I looked for a church to pass the night.. Vigil

I found one. A church in planks. I worshipped with them love the ministrations they received and welcomed and prayed with me.

They called for offering at the close of service. When I got outside by dawn I was shock the car I saw the pastor driving was worth 2.2 Million.. The church he was ministering in was planks not worth more than 80k a year.... I couldn't shake it off my head and mind... Why not sell the car for the sake of the Love for the kingdom and fix the church up and grow from there

Am I overthinking?
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2021
Go and study about the early Churches. Their practices and way of fellowship.

They didn't go about building edifices and structures. Rather they brought in their offerings of various kinds and used it to support and feed the needy in their midst. Yheu shared it joyfully among themselves. That was/is the reason for offering, welfarism.

Today, many have deviated from the ancient landmark and would rather beautify the building and structures while the Church languish in lack and wants.

Its not scriptural.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by Kobojunkiee: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2021

John 10 vs 7-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. So Jesus said again, “I assure you, I am the gate for the sheep.
8. All those who came before me were thieves and robbers. The sheep did not listen to them.
9. I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved. They will be able to come in and go out. They will find everything they need.
10. A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came to give life—life that is full and good.
11. “I am the good shepherd, and the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.
12. The worker who is paid to keep the sheep is different from the shepherd. The paid worker does not own the sheep. So when he sees a wolf coming, he runs away and leaves the sheep alone. Then the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them.
13. The man runs away because he is only a paid worker. He does not really care for the sheep.

14-15. “I am the shepherd who cares for the sheep. I know my sheep just as the Father knows me. And my sheep know me just as I know the Father. I give my life for these sheep.
16. I have other sheep too. They are not in this flock here. I must lead them also. They will listen to my voice. In the future, there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17. The Father loves me because I give my life. I give my life so that I can get it back again.
18. No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me.”
19. Again the Jews were divided over what Jesus was saying.
20. Many of them said, “A demon has come into him and made him crazy. Why listen to him?”
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by Kobojunkiee: 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:
Don't get me wrong. I'm also a Minister and called to serve at the pulpit. I don't think I have the desire to oversee 100 Billion and I will have members with little needs financial resources can meet and deliberately choose to look the other way
That one no be your concern... na business issue between business owner and the business shareholders to deal with. undecided
BluDesk:
This disturbing thought has been hunting my soup this evening and I can't seem to find peace in my soul
I will be on the pulpit as my training season comes to an end. I pray I don't become such a man ever. Ever and ever.
Interesting! undecided
So, you will be on the pulpit but you don't even know what the Bible says of your churches and your many pastors?undecided
If you don't know the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, what makes you believe you are even a follower of Jesus Christ - not a follower of your pastors and their church, mind you?undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
I find it out rightly ridiculous and offensive to the cross of carvery, yes, they desire to do good but to sit on billions and appoint our mothers in 60s to sweep the church for 25/40k per month salary which they know isn't adequate in today's modern world... Yet I administer billions of funds.

Am I alright. Am I still sane or.. I don't get it
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by HelpYourself(m): 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:

If you take a bottle , an empty one and fill it with sand . Mind you this bottle is transparent , then you go ahead and label it wine but mind you everyone can see it's sand .

You go to the extent of advertising it as wine but we all see it's sand , when you pour a cup would it takes like wine or sand?

It's not a riddle don't worry grin your guess is as good as mine.
What you are mentioning here is just an effect of the falsehood in religious practise of christianity.

You can't slap me every time and tell me you love me. grin

You are hitting me and causing me pain yet you still tell me you love me?
Truth is clear as day and as simple as the wind .

Even Lord jesus was so simple In his blessing deeds and teachings it is mankind who have through falsehood and Manipulation complicated things .

Truth is simple and needs no subtitles and explanation. Christianity as practised is very far from what Lord jesus brought to mankind. What we have today is a farce laden with falsehood and lies.

Look at the simple yet nightly powerful prayer he taught us (The Lord's prayer )

Look at the nonsense people say today in the name of prayer . Die by fire enemy die
Thunder this and blood of jesus this and that grin

A circus of complications and nonsense.

Infact they have schools for different kinds of prayers !! Who taught mankind all those rubbish? No the son of God for sure !!

Truth needs no extra explanation or talk because it is simple for even a child to understand, it's falsehood and Manipulation that needs many explanation.

Even your spirit is rebelling against this because by our spiritual nature our spirits know truth but this body and brain has created all these complications for material reasons

I rest my case

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by Kobojunkiee: 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:
See.. I got stuck one day at around midnight in a location far from my house. I looked for a church to pass the night.. Vigil
I found one. A church in planks. I worshipped with them love the ministrations they received and welcomed and prayed with me.
They called for offering at the close of service. When I got outside by dawn I was shock the car I saw the pastor driving was worth 2.2 Million.. The church he was ministering in was planks not worth more than 80k a year.... I couldn't shake it off my head and mind... Why not sell the car for the sake of the Love for the kingdom and fix the church up and grow from there
Am I overthinking?
Why should he sell the car when his church is his business to make money from? undecided
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2021
GofuckYourself:

If you take a bottle , an empty one and fill it with sand . Mind you this bottle is transparent , then you go ahead and label it wine but mind you everyone can see it's sand .

You go to the extent of advertising it as wine but we all see it's sand , when you pour a cup would it takes like wine or sand?

It's not a riddle don't worry grin your guess is as good as mine.
What you are mentioning here is just an effect of the falsehood in religious practise of christianity.

You can't slap me every time and tell me you love me. grin

You are hitting me and causing me pain yet you still tell me you love me?
Truth is clear as day and as simple as the wind .

Even Lord jesus was so simple In his blessing deeds and teachings it is mankind who have through falsehood and Manipulation complicated things .

Truth is simple and needs no subtitles and explanation. Christianity as practised is very far from what Lord jesus brought to mankind. What we have today is a farce laden with falsehood and lies.

Look at the simple yet nightly powerful prayer he taught us (The Lord's prayer )

Look at the nonsense people say today in the name of prayer . Die by fire enemy die
Thunder this and blood of jesus this and that grin

A circus of complications and nonsense.

Infact they have schools for different kinds of prayers !! Who taught mankind all those rubbish? No the son of God for sure !!

Truth needs no extra explanation or talk because it is simple for even a child to understand, it's falsehood and Manipulation that needs many explanation.

Even your spirit is rebelling against this because by our spiritual nature our spirits know truth but this body and brain has created all these complications for material reasons

I rest my case

I feel great distress and unhappiness sharing faith with some people who just don't know when to stop all of these nonsense. It's annoying to my senses..

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by Kobojunkiee: 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:
I find it out rightly ridiculous and offensive to the cross of carvery, yes, they desire to do good but to sit on billions and appoint our mothers in 60s to sweep the church for 25/40k per month salary which they know isn't adequate in today's modern world... Yet I administer billions of funds.
Am I alright. Am I still sane or.. I don't get it
So, they lie to you that they desire to do good and you believe them? undecided
You don't get it? God is trying to wake you up from your slumber is what is happening...sadly, I will not be shocked if on Sunday, you go, wake up talk say you dey go church again to "worship God" in the name of your pastors. undecided
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by HelpYourself(m): 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:

I feel great distress and unhappiness sharing faith with some people who just don't know when to stop all of these nonsense. It's annoying to my senses..

I wish you strength and enlightenment. What we have today isn't christianity especially in Nigeria or rather Africa.

It's just a charade like WWE wrestling .

Stage acting and musical concerts

No life giving and spiritual guidiance .

You are groomed to manipulate people for the church to earn more money
.that's it .

3 Likes

Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
GofuckYourself:

I wish you strength and enlightenment. What we have today isn't christianity especially in Nigeria or rather Africa.

It's just a charade like WWE wrestling .

Stage acting and musical concerts

No life giving and spiritual guidiance .

You are groomed to manipulate people for the church to earn more money
.that's it .

Are Nigerians still thinking with their senses.

I cut off from this men as far back as 17 years ago cause their practices don't flow with my spirit.. I'm still in shock how common sense can't rationalise this

It's simple..

.. If I was with you fellowshipped with you for two decades and then the ministry grew.. And you keep erecting and erecting and don't mind spending trillions and there are people within that little amounts can fix their issues and I deliberately do not reach out is what I'm practicing still Christianity?

The Acts of the Apostles... It was recorded.. Andi like the word/phrase chosen..

... And there was no need... Because the corporate blessings that was poured saturated through and around the people that the people were filled with joy and harmony and the spirit of the congregation became one.
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by HelpYourself(m): 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:

Are Nigerians still thinking with their senses.

I cut off from this men as far back as 17 years ago cause their practices don't flow with my spirit.. I'm still in shock how common sense can't rationalise this

It's simple..

.. If I was with you fellowshipped with you for two decades and then the ministry grew.. And you keep erecting and erecting and don't mind spending trillions and there are people within that little amounts can fix their issues and I deliberately do not reach out is what I'm practicing still Christianity?

The Acts of the Apostles... It was recorded.. Andi like the word/phrase chosen..

... And there was no need... Because the corporate blessings that was poured saturated through and around the people that the people were filled with joy and harmony and the spirit of the congregation became one.

Like I said what we practise is not the same christianity that Lord Jesus was teaching .

This is a made up religion by the church after coniving to have him crucified for teaching contrary doctrine to their members

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
It is simple as ABC to me. No one is sharing share money. No. That's not God's will for the church but... If you are in management of 100 billion.. Why splash it on building when you have needs like food, education, medical care, medical. Operations etc.

Yes, build a building with 100 billion but set aside 5 billion for direct human needs.
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Like I said what we practise is not the same christianity that Lord Jesus was teaching .

This is a made up religion by the church after coniving to have him crucified for teaching contrary doctrine to their members

Might I ask you what could be the rationale behind Investing in trillions of infrastructure and human needs is grossly sacrificed, very little... I don't get it..
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by HelpYourself(m): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
BluDesk:

Might I ask you what could be the rationale behind Investing in trillions of infrastructure and human needs is grossly sacrificed, very little... I don't get it..

Well I think the church pastor or rather leaders can explain better . It's unfortunate
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by BluDesk: 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Well I think the church pastor or rather leaders can explain better . It's unfortunate

Lol
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
BluDesk:

Cc

Jesusjnr
Etfash
Madprophet
Apologies for responding late... I only see mentions with my previous monikers when I do the search since it's been deactivated.

To answer your question, I would say it's completely wrong, a case of misplaced priorities, and a glaring deviation from the standards set by the early church and her leaders.

So you're on the right track, if you seek to follow what ought to be, and what has become the order of the day.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Is It Spiritually & Morally Right ??? by Etfash(m): 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
BluDesk:

Cc

Jesusjnr
Etfash
Madprophet

I apologise for my delayed response.

Well, the straight answer is NO! It is not right. The church is the people and not the buildings.

(1) (Reply)

Hell Is A Nice Place!! Do Not Be Deceived. / The Spiritual Atmosphere Of Nigeria Is One Of The Most Defiled On Earth. / Bishop David Oyedepo Gives INEC And Bola Tinubu Last Warning Over Rigged Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.